Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign (10774 Views)

iOS 7 Download Day Worldwide Release Time [chart] / Amazing Facts About The New IPHONE 6 by APPLE?! / Ios 7 Specs VS Android 4.2, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by remmyz(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
Apple devices are set to get a new version of iOS. At the company’s Worldwide Developer Conference, iOS 7 was announced to the world. It’s being called “the biggest change to iOS since the introduction of the iPhone.” It’s packed with amazing new features and a brand new interface.

The new iOS has a new palette of colors, distinct functional layers to develop hierarchy and order within the operating system. It also includes a sense of translucency to provide better context of your information designed to show more depth and vitality. The iPhone responding to your movements provides a parallax of depth and in many ways was designed to create an interface that was unobtrusive and differential, according to Apple’s Jony Ive.

Users with iOS7 will find that the typography and the liveliness of the home screen is apparent. The operating system carries over throughout the system the liveliness of the information so that it follows your every movement. The design has been made so that it works best with all the apps that you’ve used, including photos, messages, and an improved Game Center. The design of app folders have also been redesigned as well.

iOS 7 has been a “comprehensive, end-to-end, redesign of your iPhone experience” and is considered to be a feature release:

Control Center:

iOS7 now lets you swipe up from the device and get to the controls that you want right away, whether you want to play a song, turn on airplane mode, turn on a flashlight, or whatever else. Users can access it from anywhere, including the lock screen.

Multitasking:

iOS7 has been built on industrial strength of OS X. Apple says that they’re all about supporting longer battery life when an app is running. With iOS7, multi-tasking will be available for all apps with greater battery life. Including intelligent scheduling, opportunistic updates, adapts to network conditions, and has push triggers.

Safari:

Safari is said to be the most popular mobile browser and now comes with a new full screen. Users can tap at the top to get a smart search field with one-tap access to their favorites and search URLs. It also includes parental controls and iCloud keychain that also comes with Apple’s new OS Mavericks.

Airdrop:

Apple’s way to share files with people around them. When accessed, the app will pull up a share sheet where you can send photos, videos, and files with your friends and can pass it along to multiple people. In a bit of a pot shot at Samsung, Apple says that iOS device users will not have to bump devices.

It uses the latest WiFi hardware and supports iPhone 5, iPad (4th Generation). iPad Mini, and iPod Touch (5th Generation).

Camera:

iOS7 comes with new camera support that allows users to swipe between multiple camera apps, whether it’s Instagram, the native app, or any others. Apple also just added filters.

New Photo App:

In order to help better organize photos into Moments, Apple has unveiled a new Photos app that is automatically generated as you shoot. With a retina display, it’s believed that users can make out patterns. The device can help you remember when specific photos have been taken. Photos can also be shared through Airdrop through Facebook, iCloud, Twitter, and email. Shared photo streams can also be made allowing people to collaborate when they’re on trips.

Videos can also be shared with friends.

Siri:

Siri has also been updated with iOS7 with new voices, both male and female, and additional language support for French and Spanish. Apple says that it has gotten a lot smarter and can control device settings like voicemail, brightness, bluetooth, and more. Microsoft’s Bing search engine has also been integrated, as has Twitter and Wikipedia support.

The company says that it has sold more than 600 million iOS devices and people are using the devices more than anyone else. Cook says that just like as customers buy more apps, they are buying more iPhone and iPad devices, citing a IBM study of Black Friday mobile shopping last year. At their event, Cook said that iOS satisfaction is measured at 97 percent and that it has been rated number one in customer satisfaction according to J.D. Powers & Associate nine consecutive times.

At last year’s conference, Apple revealed that there were approximately 365 million iOS devices in the world and 80 percent of them had moved to iOS 6, which was also released then. The current version of iOS offers users updates to Siri, sports capabilities, better search features, and international language support for Mandarin, Cantonese, French, German, and Korean.

Today, the latest version of iOS is now being used by more than 90 percent of all its users. Cook compared it against the Android marketplace where 1/3 of all Google device users are on an OS that was released in 2010.

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/06/10/apple-2013-wwdc-keynote-ios7-revealed/?utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=Twitter&awesm=tnw.to_c0Z3t&utm_medium=Spreadus

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by remmyz(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
it looks very android like but more polished

2 Likes

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Francheezy(m): 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
yoo

nice

buh itz still ios

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
we don't av to bump phones together to share files. just use airdrop.....

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Bawss1(m): 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2013
remmyz: it looks very android like but more polished

Android like? Not to me.

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by ZUBY77(m): 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
android has already opened the os world to us

2 Likes

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Suntemi(m): 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
iOS 7 plus Jb, ' can't wait.

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by jedisco(m): 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
Just like anything iOS, it looks very neat and polished. Though I should add that not all features are novel, kudos to them for making so much changes and still keeping it polished.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Fukup(m): 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
sun_temi: iOS 7 plus Jb, ' can't wait.
oga sun temi.can iphone 4s support this?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by remmyz(m): 6:12am On Jun 11, 2013
sun_temi: iOS 7 plus Jb, ' can't wait.
im not too surprised to see some android features being reinvented by apple. the drag down notification...the control center...and counting...

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by remmyz(m): 6:13am On Jun 11, 2013
Fukup: oga sun temi.can iphone 4s support this?

i think so
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by akinlolusewanu9(m): 9:21am On Jun 11, 2013
This is just awesome. Check out the images and download links from the link provided. And for those that think that Apple copied Android & Microsoft, please think well http://phonegist..com/2013/06/apples-ios-7-new-ios-ui-all-together.html

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Sanboy25: 9:46am On Jun 11, 2013
It's pretty. cheesy
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by blayz0923: 9:49am On Jun 11, 2013
I see
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by yuzedo: 9:49am On Jun 11, 2013
sooooooooooo, can it allow me to down load p***y straigth in to my rooooooom??! undecided
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 11, 2013
android wannabe...

still not android tho...

#not intResteD
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Frosti(m): 9:50am On Jun 11, 2013
They have learnt their lessons. Multitasking is now available? Good. How about transfer of files to from ios devices?

[url=onwaweb.com/topic/ios]iOS tips[/url]
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Goldenheart(m): 9:52am On Jun 11, 2013
I should probably get one of these...
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by akinzyakin(m): 9:54am On Jun 11, 2013
I luv it...pls wat num am I 2 comment??
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 11, 2013
Atleast stuff like this won't be accessible to Techno that has become a challenge to samsung which prouds itself in the pack of android developers.

TeamApple#
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Frosti(m): 10:01am On Jun 11, 2013
But then, come to think of it, why are Apple's devices so expensive when compared to devices of the same range, power and specs?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by kavey10(m): 10:05am On Jun 11, 2013
This guys wan dey wise up now, dissing Android but having most of its features. The whole iOS7 looks Android to me. #FightingALostWar!

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by francis247(m): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2013
Iphone noni! Better Soup na money killam.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 10:15am On Jun 11, 2013
Frosti: But then, come to think of it, why are Apple's devices so expensive when compared to devices of the same range, power and specs?

because apple products have a 2nd hand value. people with iPhone 3GS are using iOS 6.

kavey10: This guys wan dey wise up now, dissing Android but having most of its features. The whole iOS7 looks Android to me. #FightingALostWar!

the beauty of this is that even ipod owners would be able to upgrade to this when it comes out later in the year. a feature that is alien to android owners. to use a new android software, you must buy a latest phone!
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by LordReed(m): 10:18am On Jun 11, 2013
Love it. The clean interface is so sweet.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by caukerzee(m): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2013
Nothing new....Everything copied...
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by 50calibre(m): 10:22am On Jun 11, 2013
Would iOS 7 come with goggle maps or that stup*d apple maps?

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by logica(m): 10:26am On Jun 11, 2013
remmyz:
im not too surprised to see some android features being reinvented by apple. the drag down notification...the control center...and counting...
There is a reason you will find the same features in even a desktop O/S like Fedora. *light-bulb*
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by yinchar(m): 10:27am On Jun 11, 2013
It's sound good to me...but still have to update and try it out before giving my review...though....If you don't have an iPhone you don't have an iPhone.

1 Like

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 11, 2013
I love most of these Andriod users, "It's always easy to defend poverty" most people av lot of reasons to be poor, while the rich would only tell you one reason to e rich.. "Hardwork"

Majority of the Andriod users here on NL only got the experience via Tecno

The Techno threads speaks for itself!!!
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by caukerzee(m): 10:27am On Jun 11, 2013
tumababa: we don't av to bump phones together to share files. just use airdrop.....
That is what we call GROUP PLAY on samsung. Apple coppied this feature.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 11, 2013
I'm not a phone buff but these new designs and functionalities make me hate my blackberry.

I refuse to be tempted!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Itel A70 Vs Redmi A3: Which Is Better? / 9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC / Symbian Mobile Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.