Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results (16770 Views)

Missing OAU Law Student: Reasons to Doubt Her Claim of being an Oau Law Student / JAMB Releases 2013 UTME Results, Withholds 12,110 Results / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Ray1251(m): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2013
you guys should not sit at home apply for open university
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by shadelek(m): 10:26am On Jun 11, 2013
dedons: I'm i the first to comment
I am first to comment or I was ...... That was how you failed your JAMB and put the blame on DIBU
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by segzyndpep(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2013
I DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH JAMB AND I WANT US TO ACCEPT THAT...WHAT WLL IT TAKE THE JAMB OFFICIAL TO ERASE THE SHADED SUBJECT?WHAT WILL IT TAKE THEM TO MAKE A NEW QUESTION PAPER TO SHADE WITHOUT SHADING THE SUBJECT?NOT ALL THE STUDENT ARE WRONG I BELIEVE THAT....WHY IS IT THAT ALL OF THEM DIDNT SHADE THE SUBJECT AND NOT THAT THEY FAILED....HMMMM THINK
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by STEKENT: 11:18am On Jun 11, 2013
You people are talking as if you don‘t know what Nigerian can do, during my university day a friend of mine fail one course and he wrote letter for re-marking of script and the department agreed by giving out the script to other lecturer to mark but later the lecturer confess that the guy pass but he will not allow the suspension of his colleague to come from him he fail the guy knowing fully well that the guy actually pass the course. So forget the issue and move on with your life. Though the candidate get thier own so also JAMB
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by dee1wolex(m): 11:22am On Jun 11, 2013
chidindufrank: Resultant effects of Love letter,nyashing ,smoothie,badoo,amotila,2go,whatsapp,bbm(pinging),twiter,facebook,nimbox,nijapenpals, and Nairaland.

on point, exactly my thought....
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by a1solution: 11:27am On Jun 11, 2013
STEKENT: You people are talking as if you don‘t know what Nigerian can do, during my university day a friend of mine fail one course and he wrote letter for re-marking of script and the department agreed by giving out the script to other lecturer to mark but later the lecturer confess that the guy pass but he will not allow the suspension of his colleague to come from him he fail the guy knowing fully well that the guy actually pass the course. So forget the issue and move on with your life. Though the candidate get thier own so also JAMB
that is exactly what happened in this Jamb case
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by hyelhira: 11:37am On Jun 11, 2013
Some organisations are providing innovative solutions to willing students. An example is the Dual Qualification Program offered by GGA Professional Partners (see http://cpabt.ggaprofessionals.com/our-courses/) to its students who are willing to combine a BSc program of NOUN with their professional studies. The firm integrates the syllabuses of ICAN and that of the BSc, Accounting or BSc, Entrepreneurial & Business Management of NOUN as the student desires. This enables students acquire a professional qualification (ICAN) in addition to a degree at the end of their studies.

Parents/guardians and students should start thinking out of the box and make good use of such opportunities instead of students just mopping around or wasting another year to face another UTME with its uncertainties.
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Sylvekzee(m): 11:41am On Jun 11, 2013
Something is definitely wrong some where embarassed

of course there are many olodo who took the JAMB, they humbly failed or were justly failed tongue but then when the smart ones too double-shade? embarassed cry cry
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Dubemkelly(m): 11:46am On Jun 11, 2013
puskin: If most of the complainants failed due to double-shading.

How on earth did they pass National Common Entrance, WAEC, NECO etc....... is it not the same shading process that is used in those exams too.undecided undecided
SHH....WTF r u talking abt? U can't compare a pure multiple choice qxns wit a mixture of multiple qxns,practical n theories....Stdnts r 2 be blamed,d smart ones wrote der xams n passed n aNdTue 11 Jun 2013 note dat, multiple choice qxns need 2 be carefully n meticulously written cos deres every tendency of u shading d correct answers on d wrong numbers
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Temptee101(m): 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
chidindufrank: Resultant effects of Love letter,nyashing ,smoothie,badoo,amotila,2go,whatsapp,bbm(pinging),twiter,facebook,nimbox,nijapenpals, and Nairaland.
Not far from the truth
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Temptee101(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
dedons: I'm i the first to comment
So sorry 2 say you are not, keep on trying
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by dedons: 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
Rooneyboy:

myfriend, pls go and start reading for ur next year's JAMB b4 u blame the board again for ur failure.

An ordinary sentence na war for u . grin
abeg help me correct am
if not thuunder go faya your nya**sh for there
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by GetOvaMe: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
jamb is nothing but a scam. . I was there personally at bwari in abuja.. They first tried to scare pple away by requesting for 100,000naira 4 remarking.. a lot of pple brought the money whch was quite shocking to them, they eventually askd the money to be refunded ..Less than 30 persons were attended to .citing irrelevant reasos as d problems .dibu addressed the press(NTA whch funny enough couldn?t ask him any meaningful question) and walked out of the hall.. Leaving a bunch of unsatisfied and agitated jambites, without even touching their scripts.. The press were sorted by jamb, NTa did not capture the case of a boy who got 2**, came with his dad argued to get his Omr remarked and his marks were above 320.. But Didu said there was some kind of asithmetic mean deviation used in marking d scripts and it wouldnt be changed.. I weep 4 naija.. We aint got no future in tommorow
corrupt bastards

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by canalily(m): 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
this present generation is academically becoming the endangered species. Social networking is at work!
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by nolio(m): 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abeg how much dem dey take remark
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Ogadtop(m): 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ajibel: LOL
Pls do the same in every state. You're telling me you did only for just less than 200 students out of 1.2mil and your shouting integrity. Keep fooling yourselves. Na strike things wey just make me re-write jamb sef. Mtchew
200 that requested to see their scripts through appropriate means and not by complaining to seun.u cant get what u do not ask for.
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Sanandreas10(m): 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
That is why U are still ignorant
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Ifecoded(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
Over 1.7mil candidates wrote jamb and almost 1.2mil scored below 200, and one hundred and seventy sumthn were able to lodge complain, who is jamb fooling? U shud make arrangement in d 36 states of d kauntry nt candidates in da east,north or west hustling to get money 4 change of course or P.jamb form travelling again all d way 4rm dia location to Abuja. 'Dats rubbish{es}'. Flocks of Oaf{es}.
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by amanda2013(f): 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2013
lawrenceunaa: 1st page tinx make we wait to post ume we go c wetn dis pipo jamb dash 3oo go score cant wait til den
unfortunately 4 u they wil stil pass wt flying colours cos they are preparing 4 it. Bad belle
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Josephnice: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
those who ignorantly agreed they shaded twice(meaning: failed by own error)need think twice cus I 4 one knew these utme officials would employ any technical means to exonerate themselves of the blame by re-shading their paper twice. Come to think of it that error is hard to come by

1 Like

Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by babanne(m): 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
you forgot those parents that paid mercenaries to write waec & neco for their children.
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by buzyguy: 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
Itz glaring 2everybdy dat jamb really manipulated tinz....dou i pray itz neva remarkd cuz sum guruz were givn blow 200,which if their real result were givn might b above 350.
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by ehisdan(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abeg i no fit shout, no body do mistake, no body double shade. D people wrote there name on the letter dey send to jamb. D officers went and sort there script out and maga it(double shade it, put different kind of wrong tins) just to defend themselve. Dose candidate wen go sef nor get opolo(brain).
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Necsy: 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Super1759:
Bwari (FCT) -  The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Monday reacted to the 192 complaints received from candidates who sat for the 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

The Registrar, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, at a meeting in Abuja with some of the candidates who filed the complaints, said it was imperative to clear the doubt of the public about the UTME.

Ojerinde said that there was an open complaint from the media which amounted to a threat to the integrity of the organisation.

He said that out of the 192 candidates who filed their complaints, 132 candidates requested that their examination scripts be remarked, while 63 requested to see their examination scripts.

“We are sure of what they scored, we are sure of the situation and we are sure of the true position of things, even with those who claimed that we did not release their results.

“But in the final analysis, you can see that they did not shade their subjects correctly, how can we release a result that is not known to us?.

“That was why we told the candidates to come on June 10 to see their papers and here we are, together with the complainants.

“We have been showing them their papers and so far, nobody has won. I can bet you, the damage done to our integrity is what we have come to protect.’’

The registrar, who reiterated JAMB’s determination to ensure transparency and accountability in the conduct of its examinations, added that “we have to be able to tell the people how we conducted the exams and how we scored them.

The JAMB boss said the organisation was not responsible for the failure of any candidate in the 2013 UTME, stressing that rather, the failure was due to double shedding and not following proper instructions as required.

He commended the aggrieved candidates for their boldness in writing their complaints to JAMB.

He directed that any complainant who must have paid the requested amount for the verification should be refunded.

Meanwhile, some of the complainants told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) after the meeting that they were not pleased with the way and manner the UTME was conducted.

A complainant, Miss Chiamaka Nnadika, said she was not satisfied even after seeing her examination script.

Nnadika, however, commended JAMB for the steps taken to call for such an exercise.

“Such a meeting should also be held in the states, instead of people travelling from the east and the north to come to Abuja.

“It will be better if JAMB will organise such meetings in the 36 states of the federation so that people will understand their issues better.’’

Another complainant, Mrs Queen Wuhu, said she was not happy about the turnout of things.

“I was wondering why I failed my JAMB, that was why I wrote a complaint letter to JAMB that I wish to see my answer script but I was shocked with the findings that  I was actually the one who made the mistake by double shedding.

“That means I am going to lose this year again, I will work harder next year.’’

Also present at the meeting were representatives of the Public Complaints Commission and the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC). (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/jamb-clears-doubt-on-2013-utme-results/
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Necsy: 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
Super1759:
Bwari (FCT) - The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Monday reacted to the 192 complaints received from candidates who sat for the 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

The Registrar, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, at a meeting in Abuja with some of the candidates who filed the complaints, said it was imperative to clear the doubt of the public about the UTME.

Ojerinde said that there was an open complaint from the media which amounted to a threat to the integrity of the organisation.

He said that out of the 192 candidates who filed their complaints, 132 candidates requested that their examination scripts be remarked, while 63 requested to see their examination scripts.

“We are sure of what they scored, we are sure of the situation and we are sure of the true position of things, even with those who claimed that we did not release their results.

“But in the final analysis, you can see that they did not shade their subjects correctly, how can we release a result that is not known to us?.

“That was why we told the candidates to come on June 10 to see their papers and here we are, together with the complainants.

“We have been showing them their papers and so far, nobody has won. I can bet you, the damage done to our integrity is what we have come to protect.’’

The registrar, who reiterated JAMB’s determination to ensure transparency and accountability in the conduct of its examinations, added that “we have to be able to tell the people how we conducted the exams and how we scored them.

The JAMB boss said the organisation was not responsible for the failure of any candidate in the 2013 UTME, stressing that rather, the failure was due to double shedding and not following proper instructions as required.

He commended the aggrieved candidates for their boldness in writing their complaints to JAMB.

He directed that any complainant who must have paid the requested amount for the verification should be refunded.

Meanwhile, some of the complainants told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) after the meeting that they were not pleased with the way and manner the UTME was conducted.

A complainant, Miss Chiamaka Nnadika, said she was not satisfied even after seeing her examination script.

Nnadika, however, commended JAMB for the steps taken to call for such an exercise.

“Such a meeting should also be held in the states, instead of people travelling from the east and the north to come to Abuja.

“It will be better if JAMB will organise such meetings in the 36 states of the federation so that people will understand their issues better.’’

Another complainant, Mrs Queen Wuhu, said she was not happy about the turnout of things.

“I was wondering why I failed my JAMB, that was why I wrote a complaint letter to JAMB that I wish to see my answer script but I was shocked with the findings that I was actually the one who made the mistake by double shedding.

“That means I am going to lose this year again, I will work harder next year.’’

Also present at the meeting were representatives of the Public Complaints Commission and the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC). (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/jamb-clears-doubt-on-2013-utme-results/
non sense. Whch live news cari am? Perfct jamb in a corrupt country
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by iamdsam: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
I need help. I wanted to change my institution and course for the second time but it was not possible. I really want to change it. The person who changed it made a mistake. I need help. I want to change my course and institution again in my jamb slip
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by B5: 2:13am On Jun 12, 2013
Em-my:
Nobody is above mistake but don't argue when you're not very sure ......
132+63 =195,,
How come the 192 or 60 instead of 63?
Ain't u heard of set theories b4(AnB).
All d complainants are 192
132 requested for their exam scripts to be remarked while 63 requested to see their script.
Meaning, their are 3people who requested their script to be remarked and at the same time requested to see their script. Shikenah
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 12, 2013
ColoursnBrushes: If she double shaded in one question, did she double shade in whe 199 questions? Just asking Oooº°˚˚˚°ºo and did all the other 131 candidates double shade too?
my point exactly
Re: JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results by omodale(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
This man can I don't knw how much he paid that Mrs to come out and say that trash she said....I don't just believe that at all that's a cook-up story as usual its not new to us Jamb to has turn to polish that will compel unsinned man to come and confess the sin that he didn't sin...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniport Graduates 78 First Class Out Of 5473 Students / University Of Ibadan, Distance Learning Programme / Literature-in-english Online Tutorial For UTME 2014/2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.