Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? (1035 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Musa, Enyeama, 23 Others Nominated For African Player Of The Year 2014 / It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
We are soccer fans and we love to talk about soccer. Share your opinions please!
Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Afam4eva(m): 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
When the likes of Yaya Toure, Etoo etc are still alive? He has not even won the best NIgerian player.
Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Adufaye(m): 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
Who is mikel?
Ans: 1 ova rated player!

Mikel will neva.....I repeat "Neva" win Africa player of the year!!!
Likes of tiote,song,osaze,diame etc even bance lol neva c am touch na mikel!!! Smh
Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by englishmart(m): 5:52am On Jun 11, 2013
young-dude:
We are soccer fans and we love to talk about soccer. Share your opinions please!
when his time comes, am positive he'd win it.. But seriously he has to score at least 10 goals in a season or forget about the award
Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Adufaye(m): 6:09am On Jun 11, 2013
englishmart: when his time comes, am positive he'd win it.. But seriously he has to score at least 10 goals in a season or forget about the award
goals dosent count or giv any body edge 2 award! As far A̶̲̥̅♏ concern mikel wil neva touch it
Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 11, 2013
Adufaye: goals dosent count or giv any body edge 2 award! As far A̶̲̥̅♏ concern mikel wil neva touch it
re u wishin him bad in his career or what? How would u feel if someone wish u bad in ur career?
Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Adufaye(m): 6:44am On Jun 11, 2013
young-dude:
re u wishin him bad in his career or what? How would u feel if someone wish u bad in ur career?
oga am not wishin him any badluck,am only sayin d truth,I do nt hate him or any player!

If any body wish me bad,its left 4me 2 do d impossible
Haters go hate na!!

1 Like

Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by bingbagbo(m): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2013
Adufaye: oga am not wishin him any badluck,am only sayin d truth,I do nt hate him or any player!

If any body wish me bad,its left 4me 2 do d impossible
Haters go hate na!!

God bless you mr Adufaye grin grin

Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Adufaye(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
bin gbagbo:

God bless you mr Adufaye grin grin
amen nd bless u too sire
Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 12, 2013
young-dude:
*football, not soccer.. you uneducated yank... no offence
Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 12, 2013
Misunderstood_G: *football, not soccer.. you uneducated yank... no offence
you educated monk*y: Football is under Soccer! Wise up!
Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by markmarble(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
lol at the differing opinions on Mikel's suitability for APOY.Sorry to disappoint you guys,but MIKEL will be crowned APOY come December 2013.
Honours in the past 1 year include; UCL Winner,AFCON winner,Europa Cup Winner.Also not forgetting his participation at the forthcoming confederations cup.Now guys tell me,Which African player has been that successful on he footballing front in the past 365 days?

2 Likes

Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
markmarble: lol at the differing opinions on Mikel's suitability for APOY.Sorry to disappoint you guys,but MIKEL will be crowned APOY come December 2013.
Honours in the past 1 year include; UCL Winner,AFCON winner,Europa Cup Winner.Also not forgetting his participation at the forthcoming confederations cup.Now guys tell me,Which African player has been that successful on he footballing front in the past 365 days?
for real
Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
young-dude:
you educated monk*y: Football is under Soccer! Wise up!
It's called FOOTBALL not soccer. Maybe we should start calling Golf, Ping ball hole.
ASIA calls it football, Europe calls it football, south America calls it futbol, 90% Africans call it football, AUSTRALIA calls it football, NORTH AMERICA CALLS IT soccer.. So majority carries the vote...DUNCE, why is the body named Federation de Internationale de [size=15pt]FOOTBALL[/size]Association??..

Your fathers were colonized by Britain, and they call it football, we weren't colonized by Americans

1 Like

Re: Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
Misunderstood_G:
It's called FOOTBALL not soccer. Maybe we should start calling Golf, Ping ball hole.
ASIA calls it football, Europe calls it football, south America calls it futbol, 90% Africans call it football, AUSTRALIA calls it football, NORTH AMERICA CALLS IT soccer.. So majority carries the vote...DUNCE, why is the body named Federation de Internationale de [size=15pt]FOOTBALL[/size]Association??..

Your fathers were colonized by Britain, and they call it football, we weren't colonized by Americans
Ignoring fools since 1585!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian's Kenneth Omeruo Now A Chelsea Pleayer / SKYDIVING Sport Is Live In Naija! / Naija Football Fans Mispronounciations And Bad Grammar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.