Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer (6173 Views)

Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu / Tinubu:the Fearless Kingmaker / Prof. Solomon Olamilekan Dies Of Stiff Neck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by bcomputer101: 12:35am On Jun 11, 2013
A foremost kingmaker and Aro of Akure, Chief Adeyemi Adedipe, died of pancreas cancer in Akure on Monday, barely a year after he ascended the throne of his ancestors.

Adedipe, who was also a former publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state had also served on the board of Federal Roads Maintenance Agency.

A family source told journalists that the fourth in rank to the Deji of Akure, Oba Adebiyi Adesida and who was one of the Iwarefa mefa (kingmakers) had been suffering from pancreas cancer for almost a year.

He said the former PDP chieftain had visited many hospitals and was allegedly given a wrong diagnostics.

He was said to have collapsed in his palace where he was rushed to an hospital.

He eventually died in the early hours of Monday but the Aro palace refused to make his death public because some traditional rites had to be carried out before the formal announcement.

The traditional rites, according to a source, would be carried out on Tuesday (Today) while the late Chief would be buried on Wednesday.

Source: mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/adedipe-akure-kingmaker-dies-of-cancer/
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by donadexco(m): 3:15am On Jun 11, 2013
May his perfect soul rest in gentle peace.. Well dats if he was gentle tew death nd nt a rascal
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by bcomputer101: 8:20am On Jun 11, 2013
donadexco: May his perfect soul rest in gentle peace.. Well dats if he was gentle tew death nd nt a rascal

Learn to respect the dead.
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by Sanboy25: 9:39am On Jun 11, 2013

I didn't know him but R.I.P cry
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by greall1: 9:41am On Jun 11, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 11, 2013
Wrong diagnoses as a result of outdated and poor facilities has been a major factor that constitute to the factors responsible for the mortality rate in this country.

Once I took out time to visit PHCs (primary health centres) randomly, in all of them, I found out that non has facilities to test and diagnose common typhoid and malaria fevers, let alone other minor sicknesses. Such a huge shame, even some general hospitals can't even boast of some equipments too...
Almost all the government hospitals don't have oxygen canisters for emergency support.

As cheesy funny as it may sound, doctors' awkward hand writtings contribute to 7k plus deaths yearly...

RIP sir!

2 Likes

Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by gbokukueba(m): 9:52am On Jun 11, 2013
He said the former PDP chieftain had visited many hospitals and was allegedly given a wrong diagnostics.

Only God will save us from this recurrent mishap...
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by Merkki(f): 10:03am On Jun 11, 2013
Who is a Kingmaker? undecided
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by DICKtator: 10:04am On Jun 11, 2013
Maybe it was the opposition that killed him indirectly. He ought to have joined 'em
R.I.P.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by DICKtator: 10:05am On Jun 11, 2013
Merkki: Who is a Kingmaker? undecided
a maker of Kings
grin grin grin grin
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by Wizzy14418(m): 10:07am On Jun 11, 2013
RIP Mr Kingmaker...;(
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 11, 2013
Ehhhyaaah he should have remained with PDP, becoming a kingmaker would av involved him trading with the devil, thereby placing a bet with his Soul..

May his Royal Soul Rest In Peace!!!
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by dotcomnamename: 10:25am On Jun 11, 2013
Ara awe ooo, oro mo ti pesi je oo, Akure oloyemekun.... emi leni...
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by Wendyslim(f): 10:46am On Jun 11, 2013
Rip to him undecided
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by olamikunle213(m): 11:23am On Jun 11, 2013
R.I.P akure agbe o o
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by E20BILLION(m): 11:56am On Jun 11, 2013

lamikunle213(m): Quote Post
R.I.P akure agbe o o[/color]

AKURE OOOO, O YEEEEEEE
AKURE A GBE KE TE RA OOOO, AMIN.
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by babarazy: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
Merkki: Who is a Kingmaker? undecided
Afobaje
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by sennyaca(m): 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
i bet this news is just a trash.... The adedipe family is for the elemo of akure.... Which is part of the kingmaker also... But he died dec 2012... And new one is yet to be installed... I stand to question this news because am a part of the adedipe family
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by dotcomnamename: 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
£20BILLION:

AKURE OOOO, O YEEEEEEE

grin Are u from Akure ni awe?
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by wonderfulson: 2:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
RIP ARO OF AKURE LAND.May God give d family and entire Akure indigenes d fortitude to bear d great loss.
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by olamikunle213(m): 5:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
£20BILLION:

AKURE OOOO, O YEEEEEEE

eeeeeeeeeee grin
£20BILLION:

AKURE OOOO, O YEEEEEEE

eeeeeeeeeee
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by olamikunle213(m): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Ara Awe o oun ti mo gbo niyen Ara aba Akure li mo ti a wink
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Ara Awe o oun ti mo gbo niyen Ara aba Akure li mo ti a
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by MizEmerald(f): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
See my people on nairaland,Akure a gbe keteria o.
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by fawig: 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
bet this news is just a trash.... The adedipe family is for the elemo of akure.... Which is part of the kingmaker also... But he died dec 2012... And new one is yet to be installed... I stand to question this news because am a part of the adedipe family

I cn Ƨ̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ u re indid 4rm thε̲̣̣̣̥ Adedipe family,wen u dnt knw anyth abt thε̲̣̣̣̥ family,ELEMO died last year,31st of dec,Aro died on monday,u dd nt evn boda 2 get sm facts b4 postin ds,shame,(omo Adedipe toto li we ha)u re indid one of dem,go αϞð find out,huh? Ur response is a trash.
Re: Adedipe, Akure Kingmaker Dies Of Cancer by E20BILLION(m): 11:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
Akure li mo re lua mi. Oye ooooooo.

(1) (Reply)

INEC Ordered To Accept Two APGA Nominees For Anambrapoll / BREAKING NEWS! Election Results Out In Abia State / NASS Members Will Always Resist Imposition Of Leadership – Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.