Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

PS4 Launched By Sony - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PS4 Launched By Sony (20948 Views)

$100 PS Vita TV And Lighter Playstation Vita Announced By Sony / Playstation 4 Launch Date Announced By Sony / Nasty Remark On Nigeria By Sony At The Launching Of Their New Ps3. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
martyns303:
Then order from the UK, last I checked 320GB is still being sold for N70,000 in Nigeria, 1 game is @ 15,000. Do the maths, plus 2 pads
dnt mind dem they dont think b4 talkin
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Afolabs101: 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
Afam4eva: How much does it cost?

What's the use of playstation and xbox anyways? Can't those games be played on a computer.

DUDE!! Please leave this section and go back to politics section where you're more at home grin

PC games don't come near to video games
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by imperiouxx(m): 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
brigglez: Bros....... which school did you attend
Even if you multiply 159 by $400 is less than 70k.

Really, this new PS4 is way cheaper than PS3 when it was first released. $400 is a change.
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by AbuMikey(m): 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
adaobi123:

why call me aunty ? angry tongue
Oh nooooooo angryangryangry You just killed Me
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
martyns303:
Sorry, stuffs like this are not for agege bread eating kids, u can't afford it, move over.
rotfl.........pls remind him again
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by imperiouxx(m): 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
Afolabs101:

DUDE!! Please leave this section and go back to politics section where you're more at home grin

PC games don't come near to video games

PC games are astonishing when you are using gaming PC but imagine an ASUS with Nvidia GeForce GTX needed to play games similar to that of just PS3 with cost price of about $1499.99 and above.

That's hell hot cash for a computer.
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by coogar: 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
martyns303:
Then order from the UK, last I checked 320GB is still being sold for N70,000 in Nigeria, 1 game is @ 15,000. Do the maths, plus 2 pads

your console is 2nd hand, why are you quoting the price of a brand new console? your games are also second hand. you would be lucky to get N40,000 for what you are selling! i am not even sure if you have been banned on PSN tongue
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by ocephraim(m): 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
Afam4eva: How much does it cost?

What's the use of playstation and xbox anyways? Can't those games be played on a computer.

wtf!!! cant cmpre em pc stuffs to consoles na... Pcs dnt evn cum close
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by OoduaDefence: 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

Are those gameplay graphics or cutscenes?

[size=15pt]They are gameplay graphics,check out the videos here:[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MfYuP6L44k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0KzBVewfEg
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by coogar: 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
imperiouxx:
Really, this new PS4 is way cheaper than PS3 when it was first released. $400 is a change.

PS3 was more than £500(plus 2 games and an extra pad) when it launched in the UK(6 months after it launched in japan/USA)
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Mavor: 3:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
martyns303:
Sorry, stuffs like this are not for agege bread eating kids, u can't afford it, move over.
Joker!!! grin
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by martyns303(m): 3:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

your console is 2nd hand, why are you quoting the price of a brand new console? your games are also second hand. you would be lucky to get N40,000 for what you are selling! i am not even sure if you have been banned on PSN tongue
I bought each game at a price of N15,000 some at N20,000. Passcode still intact. How much is a second hand game and how much is a second hand 320GB console? With 2 pads? I'll rather keep the thing, buy the ps4 in 6 months time, atleast by that time game designers would have come up with games for the ps4 since ps3 games doesn't work on it. And in case there's a bug with the console it would have been fixed by then.
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by bknight: 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
cool
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by coogar: 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
OoduaDefence:
They are gameplay graphics,check out the videos here:

compare to this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdRKJL1ffz0

PS4 simply wins!
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by OoduaDefence: 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

500GB brand new PS3 + 3 games = N60,000 equivalent in the UK. unless you are adding your TV to the package, you must be daydreaming!

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....
PS4 weighs less than xbone, it's classier and it's cheaper across the board. it's a no-brainer

you have not seen the PS4 in display and yet you have concluded on your plastic chair that xbox murders it. kai, nigerians and their uppity ways!

the second-hand policy games are for gamers who cannot afford high-end brand new games and they go to ebay to purchase new games....it's not about your friends!

xbox controllers have never been good - too huge to fit most human palms and the design is rank ugly. besides the new xbox is not bluetooth compatible like the PS4.

like i said, it's a no-brainer....xbox has lost the battle again!

[size=15pt][b]If beauty is in the eye of the beholder why were PS fanboys dissing the XBone's design when it came out.They are even still dissing the XBone up till now even though it clear to anyone who can see that the PS4 design is awful.The XBone has a minimalist design with straight cut out line,huge stylish vents and no drama.The xbone's design is sleek but the PS4 design is too complicated and looks like an Alien space ship.

The Ps4 is cheaper because their camera accessory does not come with the console.The Eye toy cost an extra $59 while the XBone comes bundled with a the CPU powered kinect 2.I have seen Tom Clancy Division and Metal gear solid V on PS4 and the graphics while superb are not as realistic as the one on XBone. The difference is not very much but for a trained eye it is noticeable.Maybe with time it will improve but for now XBone is dominating.

You are right that second hand policy is a minus but i do not think Xbox will go through with it.I believe they are testing the waters to see the reaction of gamers. I am pretty sure they will cancel the idea before November when the console is realized. I will probably end up owning both console because of naughty dog's exclusive on PS but i am getting the XBone first based on the exclusives they have.Do you know XBone developers ,made a came call project spark where gamer can create their own games.[/b][/size]
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by coogar: 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
martyns303:
I bought each game at a price of N15,000 some at N20,000. Passcode still intact. How much is a second hand game and how much is a second hand 320GB console? With 2 pads? I'll rather keep the thing, buy the ps4 in 6 months time, atleast by that time game designers would have come up with games for the ps4 since ps3 games doesn't work on it. And in case there's a bug with the console it would have been fixed by then.

that's the point - PS4 won't come out until 6 months time...and when it comes out, PS3 would lose more value. each game at N15k and N20k? i should ship all my old games to nigeria - there's money to be made!
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by OoduaDefence: 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by coogar: 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
OoduaDefence:
If beauty is in the eye of the beholder why were PS fanboys dissing the XBone's design when it came out.They are even still dissing the XBone up till now even though it clear to anyone who can see that the PS4 design is awful.The XBone has a minimalist design with straight cut out line,huge stylish vents and no drama.The xbone's design is sleek but the PS4 design is too complicated and looks like an Alien space ship.

the xboxone is still heavier by 0.3 kg
how can something so heavy look sleek at the same time?

The Ps4 is cheaper because their camera accessory does not come with the console.The Eye toy cost an extra $59 while the XBone comes bundled with a the CPU powered kinect 2.I have seen Tom Clancy Division and Metal gear solid V on PS4 and the graphics while superb are not as realistic as the one on XBone. The difference is not very much but for a trained eye it is noticeable.Maybe with time it will improve but for now XBone is dominating.

the PS4 is cheaper because sony is not as greedy as microsoft. the cost of producing both consoles cannot be more than $200. microsoft wanted more profit.....and it's now backfired!

You are right that second hand policy is a minus but i do not think Xbox will go through with it.I believe they are testing the waters to see the reaction of gamers. I am pretty sure they will cancel the idea before November when the console is realized. I will probably end up owning both console because of naughty dog's exclusive on PS but i am getting the XBone first based on the exclusives they have.Do you know XBone developers ,made a came call project spark where gamer can create their own games.

PS4 would launch with 140 games - their developers are working round the clock as we speak to meet the launch date. i cannot wait to get my hands on FIFA 14 or modern warfare....
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Nuzo1(m): 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
My interest in gaming dropped drastically when I got into college. I'm glad it did cos I wouldve been hypertensive by now.

With this new technological innovation in the mould of PS4, I may reconsider gaming again to fully appreciate the work of graaphics, brain activity and have something I could use to bond with my kids when they start coming. undecided
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Wadosky(m): 4:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
weirdkay: Wen some nigerians never see money buy ps3 dem dey launch 4...........
Them just dey use us make money......we too have d same brainz they do.........we shld try nd start makin our's........i knw we can.........#team Nigeria
TECHNO WILL SOLVE IT SOON
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by victorv12(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
Kratos, here we go again!!

1 Like

Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Bawss1(m): 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
A hilarious comment I saw on Joystiq

Sony just shot Microsoft, call an ambulance! WiiUWiiUWiiUWiiU

3 Likes

Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by loswhite(m): 5:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
adaobi123:

why call me aunty ? angry tongue
grin no mind am jor e 4 get say u be one of our top five for miss naira land
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
Awesome
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Policewoman: I fit dash am out sha.
I de here. God bless u
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
martyns303: I was playing God Of War Ascension when I saw this topic, immediately the game just felt old fashioned. I've got a 6 months old brand new PS3 320GB with a 2yrs warranty. more than 10 Games, 2 pads @ a give away price of N100,000
Barawo
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by mactoni91(m): 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
more reason why students would fail Jamb next year...
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by fr3do(m): 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
coogar: sony has destroyed x-box
$100(£80) cheaper and playstation 4 will play seco

u didnt even give the price difference in Naira.
Isnt this nairaland?
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by 25omega(m): 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
Bawss1: A hilarious comment I saw on Joystiq

grin grin grin grin grin

for the people arguing which division of microsft or sony do you get your pay check from? Buy the one you like and enjoy the gaming.

I would have still purchased the xbone but their price is higher and you need constant connection and it is always watching so i say no to xbone
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
Welldone! Be xpecting PlayStation(PS) 9 very sooon.
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Kaycee7(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
OoduaDefence:

[size=15pt][b]If beauty is in the eye of the beholder why were PS fanboys dissing the XBone's design when it came out.They are even still dissing the XBone up till now even though it clear to anyone who can see that the PS4 design is awful.The XBone has a minimalist design with straight cut out line,huge stylish vents and no drama.The xbone's design is sleek but the PS4 design is too complicated and looks like an Alien space ship.

You are right that second hand policy is a minus but i do not think Xbox will go through with it.I believe they are testing the waters to see the reaction of gamers. I am pretty sure they will cancel the idea before November when the console is realized. I will probably end up owning both console because of naughty dog's exclusive on PS but i am getting the XBone first based on the exclusives they have.Do you know XBone developers ,made a came call project spark where gamer can create their own games.[/b][/size]
I no fit drag all the topics with you but guy every blog said it
"THE XBOXONE IS PLAIN UGLY. "
Gamesradar, cheatcc, metacritic, techradar, etc. all said it. So abeg, carry kinect and graphics go, my PS4 fyn pass ur Xboxone.
Re: PS4 Launched By Sony by Ufeolorun(m): 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
Bawss1: A hilarious comment I saw on Joystiq

very creative grin

@topic
Getting fed up with these bloody shooting games taking over the gaming platform ojare,apart from God of war i have found many of them deplorable,really.
ps4 must at least play recently released ps3 cds and must have loads of bloodless adventure games on it;ratchet and clank addict in the house grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games / Psvita Discussion And Game Swap Hub / Ps3 Slim With Games For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.