Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (180601 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
BlueMagnificent:

Nice... You finally pushed ahead grin . Great work, keep it up
Thank you, funny you.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2015
primus361:
Finished texturing the character. Getting ready to Rig it.
impressive
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 01, 2015
primus361:
Finished texturing the character. Getting ready to Rig it.
wow kul character.... nice work

are you following a tutorial, or juz sculpting from your imagination?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:29am On Mar 01, 2015
Preboy:

wow kul character.... nice work

are you following a tutorial, or juz sculpting from your imagination?

Didn't sculpt, used a reference.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:30am On Mar 01, 2015
Tos87:
impressive

Thank you.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
primus361:

Didn't sculpt, used a reference.
can you help me with the link to the reference images
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 02, 2015
Preboy:

can you help me with the link to the reference images

See reference below.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 02, 2015
primus361:

See reference below.
thanks
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 4:14am On Mar 02, 2015
Preboy:

thanks

Welcome. Hope to see what you create.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 11:17am On Mar 03, 2015
Am participateing in the on going blender guru competition http://www.blenderguru.com/competitions/another-planet/ ...here is my work in progress...but the final scene i hope to post it here hopefully before the final date for submission. I want to encourage some of us here to participate if convenient.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 11:40am On Mar 03, 2015
Tos87:
Am participating in the on going blender guru competition http://www.blenderguru.com/competitions/another-planet/ ...here is my work in progress...but the final scene i hope to post it here hopefully before the final date for submission. I want to encourage some of us here to participate if convenient.
i used image as picture as background image just to give the spaceship lively feeling.but this not the final render. btw pls do comment on it while i progress further
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
primus361:

See reference below.
Did u draw this reference yourself?
Wonder how you guyz draw profiles....

Will start learnin how to draw soon....
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
kazuna:

Did u draw this reference yourself?
Wonder how you guyz draw profiles....

Will start learnin how to draw soon....

Didn't draw that but if you want to learn how to draw cartoon characters, subscribe to Draw With Jazza youtube channel. You should get Krita Software or Mypaint. Good for drawing and digital painting.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Lionbite(m): 9:59am On Mar 06, 2015
Guys i just downloaded this blender software today and i dont know anything, i mean practically nothing. Is it possible for me to become a guru on my own with the help of pdfs and tutorial videos. If yes, pls can you list somr useful pdfs
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 06, 2015
Lionbite:
Guys i just downloaded this blender software today and i dont know anything, i mean practically nothing. Is it possible for me to become a guru on my own with the help of pdfs and tutorial videos. If yes, pls can you list somr useful pdfs
first of all... Welcome to the brotherhood of Blender users, feel free to post renders, problems and anything concerning blender here

to your question, yes it possible. Everybody here is self taught, so I recommend the following ebooks

**Blender Basics 4th edition
**Mastering Blender 2nd edition
**Blender for dummies

for videos, YouTube has tons of vids by hundreds of blender users
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Lionbite(m): 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
primus361
Tos87
cupid1
kazuna

Pls everybody should list the pdfs that were useful in your blender journey
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
Lionbite:
primus361
Tos87
cupid1
kazuna

Pls everybody should list the pdfs that were useful in your blender journey

Start with these:
1. Beginning Blender
2. Blender 3D Basics, 2nd Edition
3. John M Blain - An Introduction To Blender 3D - A Book For Beginners (2011)
4. Blender Basics 4th Edition [2011]

This is how to read those books 'cause you're going to read all of them but not one at a time.
1. Read one chapter every day
2. Do the exercises, do it again and again until you've mastered it. Why, there is a saying which says: you master something by doing that thing repeatedly.
3. If you're reading for instance, a chapter from Beginning Blender that reads "3D Manipulators". After reading from that book pick up the next one and find the same chapter that has to do with "3D Manipulators" do this for all four books. Why, there is a saying which says: if you read a particular subject from different authors, then you become a master of that subject.

When you're done with those books get The Essential Blender and read a chapter everyday.
When done with that, decide on what aspect of 3D you want to delve into:
1. General Modeling
2. General Animating
3. Texturing
4. Rigging
5. Compositing
6. Character Modeling And Character Animation
or
7. All of the above(Generalist)

After you've made you're choice then get books that are relevant to your choice.

Reading is good but soaking yourself up with tutorials is better. For tutorials:
1. Subscribe to Vscorpianc's channel on youtube and follow her tutorials from the very beginning
2. Next Subscribe to Tutor4u's Channel on youtube and follow his tutorials from the very beginning

For advanced tutorials:

Andrew Price
Blender Cookie
Blender Diplom
Creative Shrimp
Blender Nerd
CG Masters
Oliver Villar

Subscribe to Their Channels and follow their tutorials.

For Charaecter Modeling, Rigging And Animation:
David Ward
Daniel Kreuter
Darrin Lile
Jeshua Teacher

Subscribe to Their Channels and follow their tutorials.

Hope i have helped

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
Is there any Blender Head that resides in Port Harcourt?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tval(m): 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
primus361:

When you're done with those books get The Essential Blender and read a chapter everyday.
Please do you have a link to the pdf of this?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 18, 2015
Tval:
Please do you have a link to the pdf of this?

I'm sorry Tval, i don't but you can read it online on the blender wiki.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 10:01am On Mar 23, 2015
My latest work... Tank God I had chance to finish dis....

2 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 8:22am On Mar 24, 2015
donemmx:
wel done
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 24, 2015
donemmx:
well, some questions i have are-did you use nodes on the image ?, on which objects or on the image as a whole ? And which nodes did you use ?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2015
r
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 7:18am On Mar 26, 2015
Yeah I used nodes for the lighting, vignette.. I used colour balance, curve adjustment, blur - fast guassian, lens distortion, math node and many more in the compositor.... I used the rule of thirds for the design but it really didn't match up with what I expected... Still need to improve with the rule of thirds. And to answer ur question I used nodes for every single element before using the compositor to adjust the final looks and I used mostly image, displacement, specularity, ambient occlusion, normal maps for texturing and hue and saturation node, shaders, and many more... Just can't start going over every detail
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
donemmx:
Yeah I used nodes for the lighting, vignette.. I used colour balance, curve adjustment, blur - fast guassian, lens distortion, math node and many more in the compositor.... I used the rule of thirds for the design but it really didn't match up with what I expected... Still need to improve with the rule of thirds. And to answer ur question I used nodes for every single element before using the compositor to adjust the final looks and I used mostly image, displacement, specularity, ambient occlusion, normal maps for texturing and hue and saturation node, shaders, and many more... Just can't start going over every detail
niiiice...from a tutorial or on-the-spot work ?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2015
I actually learnt dat trick from andrew price... He was my mentor from when I started blender.... So most of my works designs were inspired by him.... But over time I stopped using tutorials and started trying out things on my own...
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
Am currently working on a one.. Wen I am done I should definitely post it...
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 12:25am On Mar 28, 2015
am going crazy over blender will post the work stage together with the final work

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 12:28am On Mar 28, 2015
the pic before compositing

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 28, 2015
donemmx:
the pic before compositing
can you refer me to a pdf tutorial to help with learning how to model grass and shrubs. Organic modelling is something i've not really wrapped my head around
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2015
donemmx:
am going crazy over blender will post the work stage together with the final work

Awesome

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.