Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (180618 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
cupid1:
i think he meant for you to list the step by step process of modelling an ant e.g add a sphere, add a lattice, apply lattice modifier. I guess it's something like that
OK... modelled with reference image, added a cube, sub modified, mirrored, then begins extrude and scaling things until my desired shape of an ant is achieved. you can still try other methods... but this worked for me.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:56am On May 01, 2015
Tos87:
OK... modelled with reference image, added a cube, sub modified, mirrored, then begins extrude and scaling things until my desired shape of an ant is achieved. you can still try other methods... but this worked for me.
thanks a lot. Can you link me up with the tutorial( especially if it's a written one)
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 12:02pm On May 01, 2015
cupid1:
thanks a lot. Can you link me up with the tutorial( especially if it's a written one)
non.. that I know of... but just understand modelling techniques and you can scale through.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 01, 2015
Please who has Blender Cookie's Introduction to character modeling DVD training series
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 01, 2015
Oga shimish i have some questions. Do you just sit at home all day waiting for a CG job to fall into your laps or do you go and search for it. If you go in search of it yourself, Pray tell, how do you search for the jobs. Secondly, do u have anything you do for a living asides Blender3d/CG
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:00am On May 02, 2015
Oga Shimish, hope u would answer this too, how do I make a tracked 3d obj in a scene to eh be behind say a car passing by it....in my footage it seems d car just passed over the object...

does it involve render passes or alpha matte and stuff?
Confused there....

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jjamani(m): 7:52pm On May 02, 2015
Hello house.. I think it's time we move this to new level.
by creating a whatsapp group where we help each other on the go.. share ideals.. work on our first blender 3D Animtion movie in Nigeria.. and So much more ..

I have created the whatsapp group for us blender lover's.. you can add me on 08129987484 So you can be added..

or if a whatsapp group exists before now. you can add me up.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 8:40pm On May 02, 2015
cupid1:
Oga shimish i have some questions. Do you just sit at home all day waiting for a CG job to fall into your laps or do you go and search for it. If you go in search of it yourself, Pray tell, how do you search for the jobs. Secondly, do u have anything you do for a living asides Blender3d/CG
that's a tough one. OK over the years, I've been working on animated commercials for certain company products, though most never pulled through, it built up my portfolio of which were seen by so many. as a result I kept getting lots and lists of referrals from people who had seen my work. so at this point, the jobs just keep coming. funny enough, I usually turn down close to 70% of them. try getting a site with some of your best work and put the link also over, even on Facebook and Nairaland. u never know who just might stumble onto it. not too long ago I even got contacted by an overseas client (who I've never met, but found me on this site) to do a job for me and he actually paid. tutorials are good, but don't get confined to them; the limit creativity and experimentation
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 8:50pm On May 02, 2015
kazuna:
Oga Shimish, hope u would answer this too, how do I make a tracked 3d obj in a scene to eh be behind say a car passing by it....in my footage it seems d car just passed over the object...

does it involve render passes or alpha matte and stuff?
Confused there....
2 methods. method 1. create or find a matching model of the car, place it in the scene and make it move at the same speed and direction with the footage car, but give it a masking transparent material. once it passes in front of ur characters, it will block them out.
2. which is simpler, in the camera tracking windows, create a mask round the car, and parent it to a point which is tracked to the car. as the car moves, the track point moves, which subsequently moves the mask. u can also animate the mask to change in shape and size as the car gets smaller.
hope this makes sense.
look for this video on YouTube " Tracker Assisted Masking in Blender 2.63"

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jjamani(m): 8:57pm On May 02, 2015
Also house
I will be help anybody to download any videos on blender for free. Co's I have unlimited internet connection for this month of May..

add me up on whatsapp So you can be added and send the links of the video you want to be downloaded..

08129987484 blender whatsapp group for Nigerians..

Thanks.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 02, 2015
Shimish:

that's a tough one. OK over the years, I've been working on animated commercials for certain company products, though most never pulled through, it built up my portfolio of which were seen by so many. as a result I kept getting lots and lists of referrals from people who had seen my work. so at this point, the jobs just keep coming. funny enough, I usually turn down close to 70% of them. try getting a site with some of your best work and put the link also over, even on Facebook and Nairaland. u never know who just might stumble onto it. not too long ago I even got contacted by an overseas client (who I've never met, but found me on this site) to do a job for me and he actually paid. tutorials are good, but don't get confined to them; the limit creativity and experimentation
hian Boss, you're turning down jobs when there are other bosses who don't have half the publicity u have. I would have asked you to refer them to me cheesy but i no know anytin fo Brender sad. So just forward all your excess work to Boss Kazuna
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 9:03pm On May 02, 2015
Shimish:

just got me inspired the more...but could you share the site to your portfolio. thanks
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 9:15pm On May 02, 2015
Tos87:
just got me inspired the more...but could you share the site to your portfolio. thanks

[url][/url]http://iosun.daportfolio.com[url][/url]
Though I must worn you, I've not updated the place in about 3 years
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 02, 2015
cupid1:
hian Boss, you're turning down jobs when there are other bosses who don't have half the publicity u have. I would have asked you to refer them to me cheesy but i no know anytin fo Brender sad. So just forward all your excess work to Boss Kazuna
hahahaha....#forwardKazuna
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 02, 2015
Shimish:

2 methods. method 1. create or find a matching model of the car, place it in the scene and make it move at the same speed and direction with the footage car, but give it a masking transparent material. once it passes in front of ur characters, it will block them out.
2. which is simpler, in the camera tracking windows, create a mask round the car, and parent it to a point which is tracked to the car. as the car moves, the track point moves, which subsequently moves the mask. u can also animate the mask to change in shape and size as the car gets smaller.
hope this makes sense.
look for this video on YouTube " Tracker Assisted Masking in Blender 2.63"

Thankie Shimish...will learn masking as soon.

Thanks for the Iink.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:50am On May 03, 2015
Was working to remedy this tryout the night, yet came out futile....I simply cant do masking abi na rotoscoping...
The platform is still there... embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a-ueqqJ9QY

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by prof800(m): 9:24am On May 03, 2015
kazuna:
Was working to remedy this tryout the night, yet came out futile....I simply cant do masking abi na rotoscoping...

It can be done in after effects during compositing.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 12:08pm On May 03, 2015
kazuna:

on the plane, switch on transparency, enable mask, and set alpha to zero
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tval(m): 12:42pm On May 03, 2015
I will be back.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 03, 2015
Shimish:

on the plane, switch on transparency, enable mask, and set alpha to zero
OK, thought I`d done that but I will try again
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 03, 2015
prof800:
It can be done in after effects during compositing.
can u do it, If I send u the image sequences.?
Can't use aftereffects
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 03, 2015
Well Masking, and tracking won't spoil my Sunday....a little sketching of what I luv to do best..
Happy Sunday to y`all.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 03, 2015
kazuna:
Well Masking, and tracking won't spoil my Sunday....a little sketching of what I luv to do best..
Happy Sunday to y`all.
Nice sculpt, Kazuna
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 03, 2015
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by prof800(m): 8:55pm On May 03, 2015
kazuna:

can u do it, If I send u the image sequences.?

Can't use aftereffects
No. I've only done compositing with C4d and AE. The alpha channel interprets seamlessly plus rotoscoping is easier with the rotobrush tool, though you might have to duplicate the video layer.

Great blender users like ladanski can be able to do it.

Or keep trying shimish' method, it sure will work.

I have seen how your "hulk" flies and I think he wants to do more and be free and kill those darn creatures. grin wink smiley

And that snake you modelled up there is great but this na sunday night na... why evils. You wan give us scary dreams abi.grin

EDIT: @jjamani I'm a blender fanatic too please understand the situation. I've mailed you. Please check your mail. You can also ask further questions. Regards.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BRAINZBox(m): 1:18pm On May 04, 2015
Finally, am posting a comment.... I have been a fan of blender since last year but havent had time to improve as much as I would wanto.. Due to schooling tinz.... Jst completed d download of ma 124 video series frm paul campbells youtube page.. Will start of wit dat.... Your works are both inspiring and intimidating... Smetyms i wonda if I can get as good as u guys here...
Well to make dis post objective... I wuld lik to ask few questions... What are d learning resources u wuld recommend for a beginner lik me apart frm dose videos i dwnloaded..... Nd is dere a watsapp page wer we all can meet, share ideas, corrections, nd general discussion.... If so do add me up...070********....If not pls do wel to set one up.. . Wil b a nice idea.... Nd above all I need general advice frm our blender mentors here... Nd encouragement cos smtyms.. I jst feel discouraged at d outcome of sme projects I set out to do.... Thank you very much.... And I believe together we can build Nigerias animation industry.... Nd reshape Nollywood...... #keepcalmandblend
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BRAINZBox(m): 2:14pm On May 04, 2015
One of ma jobs... Pls... Do well to criticize... And suggest modifications

Followed a tutorial though... wink

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 2:22pm On May 04, 2015
BRAINZBox:
One of ma jobs... Pls... Do well to criticize... And suggest modifications

Followed a tutorial though... wink
nice render... but keep practicing.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BRAINZBox(m): 2:42pm On May 04, 2015
Tos87:
nice render... but keep practicing.

Gracias bro
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 04, 2015
BRAINZBox:
Nd above all I need general advice frm our blender mentors here... Nd encouragement cos smtyms.. I jst feel discouraged at d outcome of sme projects I set out to do.... Thank you very much.... And I believe together we can build Nigerias animation industry.... Nd reshape Nollywood...... #keepcalmandblend
Do you know who is Andrew P. Price?
Check him out here www.blenderguru.com.
Most peeps here, including Kazuna Cobalt (Alias BlenderEggHead) started with him.....
Will want to see your first Fruit Rendering Here!

Render some Fruits and you are a confirm Blender Enthusiast...lol!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 8:11pm On May 04, 2015
kazuna:

Most peeps here, including Kazuna Cobalt (Alias BlenderEggHead) started with him.....

wo wo wo smiley this one na indirect assignment... hope the guy catch am.
@ kazuna...u no give am submission time.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BRAINZBox(m): 2:08am On May 05, 2015
kazuna:

Nice project bt... Dat will b later... Tied dwn for d nxt 2wks wit ma xam... Will surely resume blender with dat project..

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.