Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,170 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:10 AM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (179804 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 05, 2016
ladanski:
Someone answer this one
No you can't.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 6:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
kazuna:
Switching between FK and IK is double wahala

I've been doing some research on IK/FK switching solutions because I think it is one of the more interesting and practical problems to encouter while Rigging.

I love IK but every tutor I've ever met kept saying do switches for both FK?IK.

Honestly, unless I'm animating a walk or run cycle, I'd prefer to stick with IK arms and legs because I can get the exact poses I need and keep the arms and legs in those poses without having to worry about gimbal lock (the exception being the wrists and ankles) nor counter-keying (when the torso is moved), which are the limitations of Forward Kinematics.

@Shimish do you do both or are all these tutors saying FK/IK switch just been technical for technical sake?
actually I use both, using a switcher.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
Please answer me ASAP, I now have a system, can I learn how to animate myself without any body's assistance??....... I would really love to learn how to animate...... Or you can still volunteer to teach me free...
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 10:23am On Mar 06, 2016
durels101:
Please answer me ASAP, I now have a system, can I learn how to animate myself without any body's assistance??....... I would really love to learn how to animate...... Or you can still volunteer to teach me free...
Animation,you can learn on your own via constant practice and research. Also being inquisitive in that regard helps to.
so now you have got a PC... you can learn it now. it could be 2d or 3d... that is up to you. However, the software to learn and master should be considered too.
If you are still indecisive as par software to use, I welcome you to https://www.blender.org/ . That is what we all use herein and tremendously helpful we have been to each other. So you too can key in.
Once again you are welcome.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
Tos87:

Animation,you can learn on your own via constant practice and research. Also being inquisitive in that regard helps to.
so now you have got a PC... you can learn it now. it could be 2d or 3d... that is up to you. However, the software to learn and master should be considered too.
If you are still indecisive as par software to use, I welcome you to https://www.blender.org/ . That is what we all use herein and tremendously helpful we have been to each other. So you too can key in.
Once again you are welcome.
thanks bro..... And thanks for the link.... I can't wait
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
hi everyone. been experimenting with hair. what do you think?

4 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 6:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
Firstly Oga Shimish, well come. Is been a while we saw your render. nice model and hair.

Here is my first render for the year. I really need some constructive criticism on this. Thanks as you do so.

I titled it The harvest.

I modified the image. shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 11, 2016
Tos87:
Firstly Oga Shimish, well come. Is been a while we saw your render. nice model and hair.

Here is my first render for the year. I really need some constructive criticism on this. Thanks as you do so.

I titled it The harvest.

This is a Wow render.
Scene too dark.
Not much contrast
What is the center of focus?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 10:00am On Mar 11, 2016
wilsonreuben:

This is a Wow render.
Scene too dark.
Not much contrast
thanks for your comment.
Noticed last night that the depth of field isn't felt much. so am working on it.
guess I have to lighten the scene a little.
please can you say more on the “Not much contrast"
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by donemmx: 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2016
Blending is back with donemmx>>> 10 samples only... looking cool.. just wishing i could render a full HD.. thats gonna take days to do.. need Latest NVIDIA Geforce Graphics card....

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jjamani(m): 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
all works here are just great .. nice work from Shimish, Tos87 and donemmx. making Nigeria blender community proud.. ; cool

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
wilsonreuben:

This is a Wow render.
Scene too dark.
Not much contrast

By contrast i mean: keep light parts light and dark parts dark.

I took the image to GIMP and did some compositing.
Below is what i feel the final compositing should be, feel free to share your views.
Try to share your work on the blender artists group and blender group on facebook.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
wilsonreuben:

By contrast i mean: keep light parts light and dark parts dark.

I took the image to GIMP and did some compositing.
Below is what i feel the final compositing should be, feel free to share your views.
Try to share your work on the blender artists group and blender group on facebook.
Thanks for your contribution. Only that the image is now more blurred.
i appreciate.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
Tos87:

Thanks for your contribution. Only that the image is now more blurred.
i appreciate.

The thing is, you get the point!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 15, 2016
donemmx:
Blending is back with donemmx>>> 10 samples only... looking cool.. just wishing i could render a full HD.. thats gonna take days to do.. need Latest NVIDIA Geforce Graphics card....

I've being Adopted by aliens.......

@donnmmx, i cant see the people in of the house rising up to the disk....they should go in this order, the mum first and then her firs daughter still chatting with her phone while floating up to the disk, then the babies.....

UFO
This reminds me of H.G Wells books
Did u use displacement modifier for that disk?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2016
Shimish:
hi everyone. been experimenting with hair. what do you think?
Rosy cheeks......Red lips, Geek Cat Googles....sydney sheildon
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by temmypotter(m): 12:34am On Mar 22, 2016
blender heads, pls help a newbie. rendered a very simple project recently i mean very simple! just a 4 second animation. and where the final render would take an approx 20mins. mine took about 3 hrs for completion. what could be the problem. i use a hp 4gig ram pc with 250+hdd ... pls help!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 22, 2016
temmypotter:
blender heads, pls help a newbie. rendered a very simple project recently i mean very simple! just a 4 second animation. and where the final render would take an approx 20mins. mine took about 3 hrs for completion. what could be the problem. i use a hp 4gig ram pc with 250+hdd ... pls help!
what renderer are u using? The renderer used and the samples per pixel matters....also the number of geometry in ur scene, like particles, instances of leaves or grass can significantly affect render times...

heavy displacement textures at camera close up can significantly nodge rendertimes.

if u include subsurface scattering, that too is a bore.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 22, 2016
Me still tryng Liquid sims, dont know why i ve gotten trapped in it....its kinda satisfying....might be a distraction to a natural xterer.

Secondly, how to hide my uv seams seemed to be a new headache.

Thirdly, for mates here still using the Blender internal, how can one make a material to appear moist....i tried gloss and it appears like lacquer, want ma fish to look amphibiously moist.

2 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 22, 2016
After a silly comp, still discovered that my lquid is not resolved enough, its still fluidy instead of liquidy....

secondly, i wish to have secondary splashes, foam bubbles but ma computer is gettin weak....she coughs and splutters now like an old hag.

thirdly, grasses covering d whole meadow and the surrounding pond area...would be nice but she gets dazed and runs a fever, have to remove one ram...now down to six gig ram.

when will i lay my hands on an Hp Z....wish bubble

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by temmypotter(m): 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
kazuna:

what renderer are u using? The renderer uses and the samples per pixel matters....also the number of geometry in ur scene, like particles, instances of leaves or grass can significantly affect render times...

if u include subsurface scattering, that too is a bore.
hmm okay. Thanks. i use blender, is that what u mean by renderer? thanks for the other tips too. i'm learning to use cinema4d too. i think c4d is less complex,yh? btw, my system freezes intermittently when i have any 3d software opened. cant a 4gig ram adequately handle 3d softwares?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
temmypotter:
hmm okay. Thanks. i use blender, is that what u mean by renderer? thanks for the other tips too. i'm learning to use cinema4d too. i think c4d is less complex,yh?

yeah peopke say that Cinema4d is super simple, same thang they will say of maya, say thing they will say of softimage....haaha.

Blender is really nice, to tell u, having working knowledge of at least three 3d softwares is not bad at all....you can use all in a production work in so far u have a means of exporting btwn them.

for us who started with blender, we willkeep saying its d best....

By renderer, i meant are u using cycles renderer or Blender Internal renderer...these two came bundled with Blender.

its like someone asking u do u use the physical renderer or Cordoba renderer in Cinema4d.

Vairous renderers have their execution times which is also dependent on the variables i aforementioned. I dare tell u to stick to Blender internal but i know (tongue in cheek) Tos87 will dissapprove with a big frown...

try it anyway...

Blender should respond well with a four giga ram unless u are doin heavy fluid sims or perhaps hair.

Maya or Cinema4d R17 hangs like forever...yeah i know, i am dissing
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by temmypotter(m): 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
kazuna:

yeah peopke say that Cinema4d is super simple, same thang they will say of maya, say thing they will say of softimage....haaha.

Blender is really nice, to tell u, having working knowledge of at least three 3d softwares is not bad at all....you can use all in a production work in so far u have a means of exporting btwn them.

for us who started with blender, we willkeep saying its d best....

By renderer, i meant are u using cycles renderer or Blender Internal renderer...these two came bundled with Blender.

its like someone asking u do u use the physical renderer or Cordoba renderer in Cinema4d.

Vairous renderers have their execution times which is also dependent on the variables i aforementioned. I dare tell u to stick to Blender internal but i know (tongue in cheek) Tos87 will dissapprove with a big frown...

try it anyway...

Blender should respond well with a four giga ram unless u are doin heavy fluid sims or perhaps hair.

Maya or Cinema4d R17 hangs like forever...yeah i know, i am dissing
thanks boss, I have a lotta questions still, how can I render animations to save as PNG(moving images) i tried doing so but it saved as different images for the different frames. thanks again. I also read abt a software that can fasten render time. by rendering several frames Please dream good abt me ooooo . I use blender internal render BTW. thanks again
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
Curious little Beastie, time for quadrupedilia

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
To render as PNG

Arrow A:
click on the folder icon, a dialog box appears....therein save the name of the file in the directory/folder thou wantest.

Arrow B:
signifies the file format you'd prefer to save the image as....PNG is often preferred.

Arrow E:
Saving the png with a color depth of 16bit means it stores imagery in 16-bit pixels and proffers the following advantages....
- losslessly compressed true-color imagery in smaller files then 24-bit color
- allow deep grey and true color to co-exist in less than 48 bits per pixel
- provide a primarily grey-scale format with the ability to contain color also
- handle every other color mapping not explicitly supported

I like using the png-16!

Arrow A2:
Pressing this button starts to render out ur animation as .png files into the directory u specified.

after rendering out as png......perhaps we will wait till that time to further continue the tuts....for my mind i am Andrew Fracking P cool

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 10:29am On Mar 24, 2016
kazuna:
Me still tryng Liquid sims, dont know why i ve gotten trapped in it....its kinda satisfying....might be a distraction to a natural xterer.

Secondly, how to hide my uv seams seemed to be a new headache.

Thirdly, for mates here still using the Blender internal, how can one make a material to appear moist....i tried gloss and it appears like lacquer, want ma fish to look amphibiously moist.

nice work bro. for the shiny thing, have u tried using colour ramps?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by prettytasha(f): 12:20am On Mar 26, 2016
Okay am really interested in the whole 3d stuff can a laptop with this specifications use blender ? Ram-4gig , HDD- 500GB ? Tnx
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
prettytasha:
Okay am really interested in the whole 3d stuff can a laptop with this specifications use blender ? Ram-4gig , HDD- 500GB ? Tnx
definitely
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by prettytasha(f): 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
Shimish:

definitely
I downloaded one from the first page , how does this cycles thing you guys are talking about works ? And I don't know if its the latest blender version I downloaded , my aim is to make animated movies tho

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
prettytasha:
I downloaded one from the first page , how does this cycles thing you guys are talking about works ? And I don't know if its the latest blender version I downloaded , my aim is to make animated movies tho
well basically cycles is a render engine which has been included into blender for quite some time, and is separate from the internal render. it has the advantage of giving your work a photo realistic touch, but usually requires longer rendering times and higher system specs. as for me, I've been using blender for close to 10 years now, but I don't use cycles. since your goal is making movies I would suggest you stick to the internal render, but you might want to have an idea of how cycles works. one thing you need to know is that cycles or internal render is just for the purpose of finishing, but will not have any effect on your modelling or animating
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by prettytasha(f): 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
Shimish:

well basically cycles is a render engine which has been included into blender for quite some time, and is separate from the internal render. it has the advantage of giving your work a photo realistic touch, but usually requires longer rendering times and higher system specs. as for me, I've been using blender for close to 10 years now, but I don't use cycles. since your goal is making movies I would suggest you stick to the internal render, but you might want to have an idea of how cycles works. one thing you need to know is that cycles or internal render is just for the purpose of finishing, but will not have any effect on your modelling or animating
this blender interface is so confusing am just staring at my PC ...lol ..dunno were to start
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 6:30pm On Mar 26, 2016
prettytasha:
this blender interface is so confusing am just staring at my PC ...lol ..dunno were to start
ha! would advice you check YouTube for "just starting" tutorials. there are lots of them

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.