Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:36 PM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (179785 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
what is crazy bump, I'm kinda confused
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
Yinksey: I noticed the scene looks quite dull, so I decided to add some life to it with a basic composition in Photoshop!
Dammm Goodness
Its high time we group together...somehow, and do a project. We shan't wait till we get to Pixar level before we could build. I propose we do a project, pullin all out learnt skills and comin out wt somethang.
What do you guyz say?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jjk24(m): 9:53am On Sep 14, 2014
^^^ yeaaa nt lyk I have much to give o buh u guys shuld really !! Hehe can't wait
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2014
kazuna:
Dammm Goodness
Its high time we group together...somehow, and do a project. We shan't wait till we get to Pixar level before we could build. I propose we do a project, pullin all out learnt skills and comin out wt somethang.
What do you guyz say?
Is a nice idea...and a good one too. But first we should know our areas of greatness also our system specifications defers. Like I said is a good Idea.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 14, 2014
you guys mean like an open movie kinda thing?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
Preboy: you guys mean like an open movie kinda thing?
yap....somethang like that.
You know someone should come up with a story and another should be the director....another takea over the environ.....another takes on the sound....another or more takes on the animating...
So many anothers can make this work.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
It can be a four min flick even......no high hopes.....just the fun of collaborating
....OK..maybe we could submit to AMAA afterwards...lol...Naija's first four minute 3D flick.

Anyway, let me keep boring u guys with updates to this my never ending project at hand....I am giving the final blocking to my first scene, you guys critique had been exceptional and had channelled me accordingly.

And I have now started stealing Shimish's Diffused Lighting, though can never get it right....But i will keep stealing...

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Peterwizzy: 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
i can,, take care of the sound.smiley ima producer!,,,,,and i can bring up alotta stories,,, just find me a genre!,action or sci-fi or romance or reality anyone,,,, that's if u guys r serious!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Peterwizzy: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
kazuna: It can be a four min flick even......no high hopes.....just the fun of collaborating
....OK..maybe we could submit to AMAA afterwards...lol...Naija's first four minute 3D flick.

Anyway, let me keep boring u guys with updates to this my never ending project at hand....I am giving the final blocking to my first scene, you guys critique had been exceptional and had channelled me accordingly.

And I have now started stealing Shimish's Diffused Lighting, though can never get it right....But i will keep stealing...
pls do u Extrude ur characters hands and legs or do u model them separately and merge together? just wanna know !
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Peterwizzy: pls do u Extrude ur characters hands and legs or do u model them separately and merge together? just wanna know !
I used a variety of methods....extruding yes...but mosting mirror sculpting.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
kazuna:
yap....somethang like that.
You know someone should come up with a story and another should be the director....another takea over the environ.....another takes on the sound....another or more takes on the animating...
So many anothers can make this work.
hmmm 9ja's first 3D animated open movie... sounds nice tho

I ain't good at modelling, nor good at sound bt my imagination is quite vast, so I'll try cook up a storyline
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 15, 2014
the scene was done by my elder bro

plz how do I remove/reduce noise in cycles, every time I render its blurry and makes my lighting totally useless

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 15, 2014
Boy, can't sleep o and it seems i am the only one here....gettin to yawn....And since MTN With their bottom belle magnamity had decided to send give me 10 mb what better way to use than to celebrate my One and an eight months with the world's best 3D program..
A program that has frustrated.. .....Beguiled me.....and...Had given me JOY....all at the same period..funny.

I will start with my very first with Andrew Price....FRUITS. MEn Andrew should take beer from me someday. He single handedly pulled me into 3D, of course followed by Mark Pullybank.
So fruits first......then neva knew how to uv unwrap

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 15, 2014
And the bunker house.....Look at the ground..hehehe

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 15, 2014
Who didnt do this one...An Andrew Must...lol

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 15, 2014
wow! I wish I could texture like that
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 15, 2014
The lord of the flies.....learning particles...then there was a particularly nice tree plugin with me...enhance with a few python scripting but i ve lost it to my old creaky system....
Did i mention apart from frustrating, beguiling and HAPPYING ME...Blender also forced Python up ma.....

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 15, 2014
Looking over this past works...i'd noticed that since i got engrossed with the character side of 3d, my environment modelling and texturing skills have diminished....become rusty.....Is that a cause for alarm, Kazuna?

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 15, 2014
For that helicopter scene ...my intentions then was to crash it, I LAUGH now at my naivety then....CRASH KEH.....cant even use the crackin plugin or rigid body physics even up till now.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 15, 2014
By next year I would like to go more into photorealism...aybe try cycles for the first time. And i will also like to go into Biovisual hierarchy ....mouthful.....Being wanting to do skeleton tracking since.......TILL THEN.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 15, 2014
Preboy:
hmmm 9ja's first 3D animated open movie... sounds nice tho

I ain't good at modelling, nor good at sound bt my imagination is quite vast, so I'll try cook up a storyline
COME UP WITH A STORY....WE WILL GINGER THE HAUZ WITH IT....A STORY IS ALL
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 5:44am On Sep 15, 2014
@ Kazuna. I hail you! really nice work u have got there. ur work has this gaming feel. have u ever considered going into gaming?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 15, 2014
Shimish: @ Kazuna. I hail you! really nice work u have got there. ur work has this gaming feel. have u ever considered going into gaming?
Yes i had....but i will need to advance in animating and working up my objective C skills.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 9:00am On Sep 15, 2014
wow @baba kazuna, am really inspired by your artworks, well am still under a character modeling course for now, hoping to be good at it very soon, but I can do other modeling like environs and the rest. infact you guys are good.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2014
Preboy: the scene was done by my elder bro

plz how do I remove/reduce noise in cycles, every time I render its blurry and makes my lighting totally useless

goto to the render tab with a camera icon , scroll down till you find the sampling section. then increase the number of render samples from 10 to an higher number. although the higher the longer it takes to render...
leave the preview samples at 10 only the render samples.

the way cycles handle lighting is different from that of blender internal, it either a sun lamp, spot lamp or an object with emission shader.

I recommend Andrew price "introduction to cycles" tutorial
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 9:33am On Sep 15, 2014
Yinksey:

goto to the render tab with a camera icon , scroll down till you find the sampling section. then increase the number of render samples from 10 to an higher number. although the higher the longer it takes to render...
leave the preview samples at 10 only the render samples.

the way cycles handle lighting is different from that of blender internal, it either a sun lamp, spot lamp or an object with emission shader.

I recommend Andrew price "introduction to cycles" tutorial
you can also turn the no caustic on. Click on light paths to see it.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tos87: you can also turn the no caustic on. Click on light paths to see it.

yes that's true.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
thanks @Yinskey and tos87... I'm most grateful

@kazuna your works are good and trully inspiring... I dunno if you guys are still serious about the open movie thing, bt I've been seriously cracking my brain trying to cook up something short and relatable. so what exactly should it be about; Nigeria, rural(kings and chiefs), ghetto life, politicians, terrorist activities, love, sci-fi, friendship etc.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Stbillion(m): 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
I have blender 3D on my laptop but dont exactly how to start.

im little good in photoshop, please help
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
Stbillion: I have blender 3D on my laptop but dont exactly how to start.
im little good in photoshop, please help
google for tuts on youtube and start from there.
Preboy: thanks @Yinskey and tos87... I'm most grateful
@kazuna your works are good and trully inspiring... I dunno if you guys are still serious about the open movie thing, bt I've been seriously cracking my brain trying to cook up something short and relatable. so what exactly should it be about; Nigeria, rural(kings and chiefs), ghetto life, politicians, terrorist activities, love, sci-fi, friendship etc.
you are welcome. Concerning your request I for one would like a urban scene, not pure Nigerian...at least Africa n the world can tap one or two things from it. If am to choose I will go for a thriller short movie. But that's not my point of emphasis. Like I did say before we do have our areas of greatness as regards to blender3D and our system spec is not the same. Anyways, I think that shouldn't be a problem...let's set it in motion first, perhaps when the interested ones surfaces we then talk about the challenges.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tos87: google for tuts on youtube and start from there.
you are welcome. Concerning your request I for one would like a urban scene, not pure Nigerian...at least Africa n the world can tap one or two things from it. If am to choose I will go for a thriller short movie. But that's not my point of emphasis. Like I did say before we do have our areas of greatness as regards to blender3D and our system spec is not the same. Anyways, I think that shouldn't be a problem...let's set it in motion first, perhaps when the interested ones surfaces we then talk about the challenges.
m liking the sound of that. Lets get a story out...
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Preboy: thanks @Yinskey and tos87... I'm most grateful

Thankie...
Preboy, I would love punk sci-fi mixed with rural...Imagine a village gal who met a guy from another plane of existence...lol....Is it possible?
Anyway just crack out a story and lets chew on it

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.