Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. (3852 Views)

Chew That Watermelon Seed. / Nutritional Facts About Watermelon / Four Square Watermelon Found In Japan (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. by luckgood(m): 11:40am On Jun 11, 2013
Watermelon is everyone’s favorite summer fruit, or is it? Did you know that the Watermelon isn’t even a fruit? Yeah, neither did I. Here are ten other interesting facts about Watermelon guaranteed to impress fellow picnic guests.
The Facts:

1 Not only does it quench your thirst, it can also quench inflammation that contributes to conditions like asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, colon cancer, and arthritis.
2 Over 1,200 varieties of watermelon are grown worldwide.
3 Watermelon is an ideal health food because it doesn’t contain any fat or cholesterol, is high in fiber and vitamins A & C and is a good source of potassium.
4 Pink watermelon is also a source of the potent carotenoid antioxidant, lycopene. These powerful antioxidants travel through the body neutralizing free radicals.
5 Watermelon is a vegetable! It is related to cucumbers, pumpkins and squash.
6 Early explorers used watermelons as canteens.
7 Watermelon is grown in over 96 countries worldwide.
8 In China and Japan watermelon is a popular gift to bring a host.
9 In Israel and Egypt, the sweet taste of watermelon is often paired with the salty taste of feta cheese.
10 Every part of a watermelon is edible, even the seeds and rinds
Re: 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. by Merkki(f): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
Does that mean i can chew the seeds without any fear? Brilliant! Time to go hunt for some Water melon seeds. I love them grin

Yummmmyyyyyy!
Re: 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. by icebebe(f): 9:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
Merkki: Does that mean i can chew the seeds without any fear? Brilliant! Time to go hunt for some Water melon seeds. I love them grin

Yummmmyyyyyy!
yea yuh can,infact yuh can eat evryfin including d back its vry good
Re: 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. by greedie1(f): 9:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
icebebe: yea yuh can,infact yuh can eat evryfin including d back its vry good
i eat everything.
Re: 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. by Xtybrainer(f): 7:02am On Jun 12, 2013
This is really very interesting,going to get a watermelon right away. kiss
Re: 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. by ev4real(m): 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
awesome
Re: 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. by gluv01(f): 9:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
wonderful cheesy
Re: 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. by kaushalchandak: 3:17am On Aug 18, 2013
One should also look at health benefits of watermelon seeds! packed with nutrients and benefits of watermelon seeds for skin cannot be neglected.
Re: 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. by Faith2002: 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=kaushalchandak]One should also look at health benefits of watermelon seeds! packed with nutrients and benefits of watermelon seeds for skin cannot be neglected. [/quote is intresting]
Re: 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 21, 2013
Thanks!
Re: 10 Facts You Never Knew About Watermelon. by BekeeBuAgbara: 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
grin

(1) (Reply)

Do You Still Eat Bitter Kola? Here Are What It Does To Your Body / Mama Agidi Jollof, My Fave Local Nigerian Snack / Baking Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.