Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,754 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria (1959 Views)

SM MAGAZINE Looking To Sign New Face.... Upcoming Artist/models Can Check In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by ajaabi(m): 9:18am On May 06, 2008
Have you heard of Billboard magazine before? They publish only music and music-related news and content. Some months ago, Nigeria now joins the league of the club, countries with music-only magazines. The mag is called The Lyrics Mag Int'l. Check up the site (www.thelyricsmag.com) and let's talk.
The publishers are promising free copies for impressive discussion/crictism.
Over to you guys.
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by abdurrazaq(m): 4:46pm On May 06, 2008
It seems is still under construction.
A right step in the right direction though.
Will be looking for its total completion from time to time.
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by ajaabi(m): 6:13pm On May 06, 2008
Yea, the site is under construction but there are already four editions of the magazine on newsstand. Ask your vendor.
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by ajaabi(m): 5:48am On May 07, 2008
Hi Razaq, for being the first to contribute to the thread, kindly send your contact to info@thelyricsmag.com for complimentary copies. Cheers
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by abdurrazaq(m): 6:20pm On May 08, 2008
Thanks.
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by javalove(m): 3:33pm On May 09, 2008
should i send my own email too? lol
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by lailai2(m): 2:02am On May 10, 2008
how can i get a copy?
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by fastmoney(m): 9:54pm On May 10, 2008
hip hop world, bubbles phat entertainment. wat u talking bout fam?
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by ajaabi(m): 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2008
Javalove, you can also send your contact. We are given copies out to the first ten genuine interested persons, regardless of where they are. Mwanwhile, as much as we are not competing with anybody, the content of the magazine would convince anybody that general entertainment magazines are different from music-only mag. Which is what we are.
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by abdurrazaq(m): 10:50am On Jun 06, 2008
Hi ajaabi
Thank you. I have received the complimentary copies two weeks ago. I only delay my comments just to have enough time to study them very well.

As you pointed out the uniqueness of the lyrics mag is that it's based on music only.

I suggest you include album review (Nigerian Artistes especially) and preview. It may not be easy to monitor album sales in Nigeria but, you can add Top Hits in Nigeria/Abroad (something like Top 10 or Top 20 for certain period).

I must commend your interview segments of the mag. Keep it up. I will also like you to give me the list of places to get this magazine.
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by ajaabi(m): 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2008
Thanks Razaq, we always appreciate constructive critics of the mag. As par songs review, we are establishing relationship with marketers so that we can have objective and comprehensive reviews, as available in developed countries. Music lovers would also have the opportunity of voting on our site, we are working on that.
Meanwhile, the magazine is fast becoming available at newsstand, just ask vendors around you. But being a monthly, they dont display it for long, you may have to book for it in advance BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH.
I hope to have your review again with time. One love
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by Emma4dfuture(m): 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2008
Ajaabi,pls can we(I&my brother) snd our contacts too?We're instrumentalists & love anything music.Pllllssss I beg you.
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by ajaabi(m): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2008
As instrumentalists, there are better ways the magazine can be useful for you. Why dont you get a copy of the mag and follow the instructions within.
That way I can be of better help. Ok?
Cheers and stay focused.
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by ajaabi(m): 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2009
The Lyrics Int'l celebrated its first year on Sunday Feb 1st with Kinky Beach Party.
Missed it, see it in our Feb/March edition.
Meanwhile, pick a copy of the unveiled edition with cover: Made me fall in love, by D'Banj and more,
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by pckid: 7:41pm On Feb 04, 2009
u shud also check out www.downtowninc.net.
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by ajaabi(m): 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2009
pckid, http://www.downtowninc.net/ is not available,
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by jeff101: 10:48am On Mar 11, 2009
What you guys need is a good writer that can come up with captivating stories & someone who can review albums for you.check out www.9jahiphop..com and you will understand what i mean by captivating stories.

if you have someone like that on ur team,you will go places.

good luck.

you have a long way to go!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Music Oriented Magazine For Nigeria by ajaabi(m): 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2009
Let me have what you can do, though offline world is more monitored than online. Get what I mean? Editorial prunning,
Have you seen a copy of the magazine?

(1) (Reply)

Ysg Entertainment!out Now. / Introducing: Nigeria's No 1 Music Portal - Download And Promote Nigeria Songs / #DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Ice Prince – N Word (Remix) ft. AKA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.