Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

One Piece (anime/manga) - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / One Piece (anime/manga) (169606 Views)

Kingdom Anime/manga. / Most Powerful Anime Or Manga Character Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Jaymaestro(m): 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
please " what's so special about the void century ??
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by t12tosin: 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
Jaymaestro: please " what's so special about the void century ??

Everything!!!
Why the destruction of Ohara Village?
What is the significance of that Adam's tree?
What about the so call weapon Foton?
Why was it that everything bout that period was kept hidden?
Why was such regard n esteem placed on the Celestial dragons, as they wield unlimited power?
Etc etc...
All the above question was for the Anime;
The real question is how does the void period relates to this reality cuz Oda adapt reality to OnePiece?
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
Some folks (Mr A) have said that 1piece is shiiit cos some other folkz (Mr Z) have told them dat.....some have complained abt rubberman (luffi), some na clowns (buggy), 4 some, it'z the graphics/anime & I just bust out laughing cos these are still the same set of folkz (Mr A & Z) dat try to lure/lecture pple (Mr B) on Naruto & the pple (Mr B) they try to preach about Naruto to, end up judging the manga as if they (Mr B) themselvez have washed it when infact just as these folks (Mr B) are ignorant or haven't washed Naruto (to judge it), so also those ignorant peepz (Mr A & Z) that haven't washed 1piece don't have the right to either talk/komment/judge abt it.....

Right 4rm my teenz, I have been a follower of cartoonz (voltron, birdman, superterd, superman/batman, original spiderman, OR carbury breakfast TV, etc) until TVAfrica started showing Samurai-X & I was like "common" this is what u call real cartoon naw (then I was ignorant that it shld have been called Anime till Dstv started enticing pple with the advert of "Animax"wink

Some1 asked sarcastically "what will he learn 4rm 1piece-is it rubberman/clownz"? that he learnt a great deal about hatred from Pain arc & I was like, u haven't picked 1piece to know/judge about it 4 u to come out & have a say on it....if a Naruto fan thinkz he haz learnt abt hatred from Pain/Kyuubi then I think I shld let he/she know that those were just wordz acting out the script unlike 1piece where u see the hatred korokoro/raw/live sotey u go kon hate fictional characterz 4geting say na just one fantasy world wey no dey exist.....
When u watch 1piece, u find out that it'z nut all about the lives of piracy alone-NO it'z more than that....Ignorant folkz shld learn nut to judge a book by it's cover myself included.

Things to learn from 1piece:
How America & the EU ruled the world & are still doing, How the blackz are racially discriminated in the USA, How Nigerianz behave wickedly to eachother starting with the presidency down to the lastman, Rich & Poor pple, Why there is so much hatred & conflict btw the Israelites & the Arabmen with NorthernNigeria inclusive, How the USA disrespect the Afican continent, Mentality of the rebelz like in Congo/Sudan/Nigeria, Poverty, Beliefz, Nakama (friendship), How the present day Egyptians together with OR in conjuction with the Greekz/Romanz tried to hide the truth (rewriting/erase history bookz) that the real Egyptianz were BLACKz & nut these colonising-arabz, How pple/individaulz/Nationz like e.g. the Russianz/N.Korea/Iranianz/Cuba/Chinese, etc want to change the world from the American point of view, The Prodigal son, etc

It'z no wonder it's the most selling manga of all time & it'z just 15yrz & kounting....it'z just dat Oda has been recovering from a major ailment else the manga would have gone farther than it currently is...all the same TwaleBABA to the best among the rest-the man wey sabi------ODA-sensei

N.B. When u are settled down to wash or follow the manga, don't rush or hate the graphics (anime)...take ya time & I tell u just like Kenichi (Historys strongest disciple), u will neva remain the same again....Lastly, in everything, don't ever 4get that it's only a fantasy/anime world therefore it also haz it'z own flawz...

3 Likes

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Jaymaestro(m): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
t12tosin:

Everything!!!
Why the destruction of Ohara Village?
What is the significance of that Adam's tree?
What about the so call weapon Foton?
Why was it that everything bout that period was kept hidden?
Why was such regard n esteem placed on the Celestial dragons, as they wield unlimited power?
Etc etc...
All the above question was for the Anime;
The real question is how does the void period relates to this reality cuz Oda adapt reality to OnePiece?
It'd be quite a revelation .
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by t12tosin: 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nairalandinfo: Some folks (Mr A) have said that 1piece is shiiit cos some other folkz (Mr Z) have told them dat.....some have complained abt rubberman (luffi), some na clowns (buggy), 4 some, it'z the graphics/anime & I just bust out laughing cos these are still the same set of folkz (Mr A & Z) dat try to lure/lecture pple (Mr B) on Naruto & the pple (Mr B) they try to preach about Naruto to, end up judging the manga as if they (Mr B) themselvez have washed it when infact just as these folks (Mr B) are ignorant or haven't washed Naruto (to judge it), so also those ignorant peepz (Mr A & Z) that haven't washed 1piece don't have the right to either talk/komment/judge abt it.....

Right 4rm my teenz, I have been a follower of cartoonz (voltron, birdman, superterd, superman/batman, original spiderman, OR carbury breakfast TV, etc) until TVAfrica started showing Samurai-X & I was like "common" this is what u call real cartoon naw (then I was ignorant that it shld have been called Anime till Dstv started enticing pple with the advert of "Animax"wink

Some1 asked sarcastically "what will he learn 4rm 1piece-is it rubberman/clownz"? that he learnt a great deal about hatred from Pain arc & I was like, u haven't picked 1piece to know/judge about it 4 u to come out & have a say on it....if a Naruto fan thinkz he haz learnt abt hatred from Pain/Kyuubi then I think I shld let he/she know that those were just wordz acting out the script unlike 1piece where u see the hatred korokoro/raw/live sotey u go kon hate fictional characterz 4geting say na just one fantasy world wey no dey exist.....
When u watch 1piece, u find out that it'z nut all about the lives of piracy alone-NO it'z more than that....Ignorant folkz shld learn nut to judge a book by it's cover myself included.

Things to learn from 1piece:
How America & the EU ruled the world & are still doing, How the blackz are racially discriminated in the USA, How Nigerianz behave wickedly to eachother starting with the presidency down to the lastman, Rich & Poor pple, Why there is so much hatred & conflict btw the Israelites & the Arabmen with NorthernNigeria inclusive, How the USA disrespect the Afican continent, Mentality of the rebelz like in Congo/Sudan/Nigeria, Poverty, Beliefz, Nakama (friendship), How the present day Egyptians together with OR in conjuction with the Greekz/Romanz tried to hide the truth (rewriting/erase history bookz) that the real Egyptianz were BLACKz & nut these colonising-arabz, How pple/individaulz/Nationz like e.g. the Russianz/N.Korea/Iranianz/Cuba/Chinese, etc want to change the world from the American point of view, The Prodigal son, etc

It'z no wonder it's the most selling manga of all time & it'z just 15yrz & kounting....it'z just dat Oda has been recovering from a major ailment else the manga would have gone farther than it currently is...all the same TwaleBABA to the best among the rest-the man wey sabi------ODA-sensei

N.B. When u are settled down to wash or follow the manga, don't rush or hate the graphics (anime)...take ya time & I tell u just like Kenichi (Historys strongest disciple), u will neva remain the same again....Lastly, in everything, don't ever 4get that it's only a fantasy/anime world therefore it also haz it'z own flawz...

WORD!!!

Preach it on bro , those bois r jst satisfied wif ignorance...
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by decepticos(m): 7:13am On Aug 20, 2014
TopsyKrete: During the first visit of Strawhat's crew at Sabody Achipelago, which of these acts would have brought more trouble for them?
Zoro cutting the Celestial dragon or Luffy punching the Celestial dragon?
well luffy did punch a cele dragon at the archipelago, and they are fighting one now (Doflamingo)
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
Naw the shyte just cos started....hehhehe...na naw Doffy go hear weeeen

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
decepticos: well luffy did punch a cele dragon at the archipelago, and they are fighting one now (Doflamingo)
since dofi is a pirate, he is no longer a cele dragon...
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by t12tosin: 9:47am On Aug 21, 2014
decepticos: well luffy did punch a cele dragon at the archipelago, and they are fighting one now (Doflamingo)

Since i've vowed not to read OP manga, this will be defined as a spoiler alert.
Though, since d awareness of the Shichibukai, Doflamingo has been given a special regard, even to the fact that he is d king of Dresrossa, given the order to take out another Shichibukai, Human trafficking n auctioning.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by decepticos(m): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2014
Always knew Robin to be this geeky, odd, grimey, and wicked chick. The latest episode raises her oddity to a different level.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by kraftykc(m): 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
One pissu! Y u no get nu episode`
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Frankloon(m): 8:12am On Aug 31, 2014
kraftykc: One pissu! Y u no get nu episode`
One Piece episodes are now released on Sundays, not Wednesday anymore. So also Akame grill, Tokyo ghoul
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Frankloon(m): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2014
Ussop outdid himself in that last Chap. OP rules. Finally we can end Naruto and move on. *naruto sure did made some good memories for me before Kashi ruined it*.

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Frankloon:
One Piece episodes are now released on Sundays, not Wednesday anymore. So also Akame grill, Tokyo ghoul
I heard from Orojackson that the Japanese govt MAY hav stepped in to ensure that the leaked mangaz cumin out on wednesday cumz out officially on Fridays.....
As 4 the animes, it'z an open secret that it airs on Japanese TV on Sundayz 6:30am but in Nigerian time it is 10:30pm Saturdayz....u can get the anime depending on the site u download from

Frankloon: Ussop outdid himself in that last Chap. OP rules. Finally we can end Naruto and move on. *naruto sure did made some good memories for me before Kashi ruined it*.
Sure OP sti haz almost 5yrz to run....4get Kishi he may twist the story to make Orochi the villian...loool
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
4 some time I have been seeing 3D2Y on Orojackson site but I never knew or bothered to undastand what it was until I saw on wapfever facebook page that it'z a new one-piece movie....maybe it'z interesting...will download when i'm ready to.

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nairalandinfo: 4 some time I have been seeing 3D2Y on Orojackson site but I never knew or bothered to undastand what it was until I saw on wapfever facebook page that it'z a new one-piece movie....maybe it'z interesting...will download when i'm ready to.
download now na, so u can giv us d review... grin
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Frankloon(m): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
SageNaruto: download now na, so u can giv us d review... grin
i just completed the download, thank God for free WiFi. Watching it later tonight
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 10:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
SageNaruto: download now na, so u can giv us d review... grin
Na wa 2 u o @sage.....cus of u I don go download wetyn I bin plan 2 watch @least nex mth or so....I thought u wud have gon 2 Orojackson 2 read pple'z thought/review abt it (those 4 & against)....nothin spoil sha...I laff in naruto hahhahhahhah
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 5:21am On Sep 04, 2014
Nairalandinfo:
Na wa 2 u o @sage.....cus of u I don go download wetyn I bin plan 2 watch @least nex mth or so....I thought u wud have gon 2 Orojackson 2 read pple'z thought/review abt it (those 4 & against)....nothin spoil sha...I laff in naruto hahhahhahhah
Frankloon: i just completed the download, thank God for free WiFi. Watching it later tonight
Nairalandinfo:
REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 7:01am On Sep 04, 2014
SageNaruto: REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy
4 mi it was fairly ok sha....Luffy saving Hancock's kidnapped sistas.
A prisoner locked 30yrz ago by name "world" xcaped prison thru Luffy'z impel-down jail break & it was just a movie abt his 1 & half yrz training of haki and having a will to the haki.....from what I could see, it does mean that haki must have a will imbibed in it maybe that will be in hiz battle against Doffy in the manga.
It was just ok sha nothin more
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 5:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nairalandinfo:
4 mi it was fairly ok sha....Luffy saving Hancock's kidnapped sistas.
A prisoner locked 30yrz ago by name "world" xcaped prison thru Luffy'z impel-down jail break & it was just a movie abt his 1 & half yrz training of haki and having a will to the haki.....from what I could see, it does mean that haki must have a will imbibed in it maybe that will be in hiz battle against Doffy in the manga.
It was just ok sha nothin more
Tanku Tanku... I go soon wash am lyk dirty clothes... cheesygrin
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Frankloon(m): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nice chap
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Frankloon(m): 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
3D2Y make sense. Better and fuller action than movie Z. Nairalandinfo, is that dude in the meeting the 3rd Admiral. I'm only speculating, not sure
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by kraftykc(m): 6:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
Soooo is it just me or did Ussop sama unlock Haki last week...cos that would be amaze-balls!
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 9:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
Frankloon:
3D2Y make sense. Better and fuller action than movie Z.

Dat is debatetable.....but mehn that guy too fast 4 Luffy 2 follow.....mehn Luffy still has a long way 2 go even though it was a non-cannon

Frankloon:
Nairalandinfo, is that dude in the meeting the 3rd Admiral. I'm only speculating, not sure

The pic below? No. Rememba in the canon episodez the guy in the pic was the one introducing us to the old & newest membas of the shuchibukai dogs also the 3rd admiral is still a mystery & pple have been writing baseless articles on who they think he shld be (whether as a fishman or a man himsef)

kraftykc: Soooo is it just me or did Ussop sama unlock Haki last week...cos that would be amaze-balls!
Fufufuufuffufufuuu....dat is the speculation pple have been saying but I don't believe dat cos all I saw was more like accuracy....datz all

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by decepticos(m): 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
kraftykc: Soooo is it just me or did Ussop sama unlock Haki last week...cos that would be amaze-balls!
I believe it must have been observation haki I recall back at punk hazard while sanji was in nami's body he was able to look deep into d water to see a part of the samurai's body, so haki it is; for me at least.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nairalandinfo:

Fufufufufu....he & Law better hide now cos they don bring out the beast-mode out of Doffy & the mysterious Trebol....I pity Luffy sha
Fufuufufufufufuuu
I said it las week....now the shyte jus got started
More xplosive that the Luffy vs Lucci battle awaitz us i tell ya.....

Big upz.....Oda dough i have some little issuez with thou but.....ride on Sensei
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by kraftykc(m): 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ha! This is what I want to see, Doffy going seriously HAM and trying to massacre Law and Luffy. I want to see a blistering fight that will make the War of the Best look like child's play and Holy DoFlamingo is set to sate my appetite (I hope).

I expected Law to swap himself with Trebol at the last minute...guess Law doesn't have my battle experience.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by decepticos(m): 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nairalandinfo:
I said it las week....now the shyte jus got started
More xplosive that the Luffy vs Lucci battle awaitz us i tell ya.....

Big upz.....Oda dough i have some little issuez with thou but.....ride on Sensei
what issues. Well it can't be over for Luffy though, I kinda have learnt not to predict one piece anymore, whatever happens its going to be crazy.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 9:52am On Sep 11, 2014
decepticos: what issues. Well it can't be over for Luffy though, I kinda have learnt not to predict one piece anymore, whatever happens its going to be crazy.
The Luffy - Lucci battle, the Enel battle.....granted lightening cannot affect rubber, the battle ended rather absurd (no taste to the finale)
How can a bad as.s Shankz (lost his arm) not use Armament haki against the sea god when throughtout the seriez, we have seen pple punch other deadly sea-god even Luffy punched that same sea-god when he 1st left the village.

The fishman arc was a neccessary arc but it was boring as hell as the skypiea arc....just saying

N.b. Odachi planned one-piece for 5yrz but as time progressed, he started to add some thingz to it like Armament haki and other thingz....
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 7:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
An asian brotha shared this as @ 20th/8/2008

Culled from:
forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=69858&page=3

Hmmm I don't come over to this subforum much but
I'm an up to date follower of One Piece manga. I do
have something to say about Haki.
To the western world Haki is something that's not
properly understood, even in this thread. Simply
because there's no single word that describes Haki
well enough. But to us East Asians, Japanese and
Chinese, the words Haki is an instantly understood
term. It is a term that is Asian in origin and loosely
phrased and understood in the Western world.
What Haki really is and means:
The words Ha and Ki, meaning 'dominate' and 'air'.
Together you can make out something like 'air of
dominance/atmosphere of fear' or better phrased,
'Aura of dominance/supremacy' or 'Aura of fear/
terror'.
You can't really train yourself to just have Haki, it
does not happen by itself or just suddenly. When you
train yourself to become stronger or over time have
attained some form of aggression, Haki will come
along. It is something that builds up over experience
and time and can be activated at will. But it can also
be something that happens involutarily, examples of
Haki in various forms:
A large wrestler say, 'The Rock'. If you, as a normal
person stands in the ring and he is about to charge
towards you, or just staring hard at you, you will be
pretty much in fear. But once he puts on some
clothes and goes off stage and becomes friendly,
even the kids can approach him easily for an
autograph.
Your pet dog is a cute and lovable family member,
but if anyone trys to snatch its food bowl it will bark
ferociously baring its teeth. Even you yourself would
be quite fearful.
Those are examples of actively expressing Haki
physically through appearance and facial expression.
Examples of involutary Haki:
An infamous gangster that has been jailed for years
but still remembered by people for his doings. He
was known to have beaten several people to a bloody
pulp before getting into jail, but since then he has
already turned over a new leaf. He walks on the
street trying to be friendly but people just turns silent
wherever he goes, simply because they know he was
a violent criminal.
No matter how tame a lion or a bear is, it is a wild
animal and for that we are wary even if they are
circus animals dressed in frilly costumes. You would
have fear to approach them to take pictures even if
they are chained and in cages.
--------------
In One Piece Haki is basically much the same, the
amplification of fear. Though we've seen its effects
with much more extreme results. Like Shanks making
people fear him so much that they foam from their
own fear. And Rayleigh demonstrating how you can
spread fear to others but at the same time not to
people who you are not hostile towards.
So Haki cutting the sky into two? No, its not their
Haki, its just the pure power, the power of them
clashing.....Whitebeard vs Shankz clash
Haki flinching Logias? Plausible, if someone could
perform an action or expression that can instill
enough fear, Logias could literally solidfy in their
tracks.
---------------
About Zoro: I agree on parts where it is a
manifestation of his Haki or rather Sakki(killing
intent). Sakki is another form of Haki that is also very
common in Eastern manga, Akuma and Evil Ryu is
famous for their Sakki. Shun Goku Satsu is an attack
that uses their Sakki to strike terror into the
opponent, render them helpless and allows Akuma to
unleash a killing combo. Sakki is a much darker form
of Haki, it does not spread just fear of the individual,
but fear that they may be killed.
Zoro's Asura strikes fear into the opponent messing
up their minds and together with his incredibly fast
movements, creates an illusion where he suddenly
gains extra heads and limbs like the demon Asura
himself.

forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=69858&page=3

6 Likes

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by landinfo: 8:35am On Sep 16, 2014
Never knew that a legendary actress/woman is the voice actor for Monkey D. Luffy....& it cost ¥1,000,000 = $110,000 to produce a Onepiece episode i think in Toei philippine...la wa oooo
A friend told me he downloadz in almost 50mb free wifi and the anime pic is so perfect but people worldwide still komplain of Toei production---maybe they are trying to save cost by not doing it in Japan.

www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=301

www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=836

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (71) (Reply)

Breaking News: See What ‘killed’ Ramsey Noah / Top 20 Strongest Naruto Characters. Do You Agree With The List? / Gulder Ultimate Search 11 Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.