Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

One Piece (anime/manga) - TV/Movies (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / One Piece (anime/manga) (169613 Views)

Kingdom Anime/manga. / Most Powerful Anime Or Manga Character Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2018
teemy:
I watched an OVA where luffy used ace's power in a fight against World. Remembering that his mouth was widely opened when akainu's punch went through ace spilling blood. May be how he, big mum and Blackbeard got extra devil fruit powers.

Lol grin .....
Luffy doesn't possess Ace's power, the flames from his hawk attacks are based on his on rubber ability. I can't really explain the chemistry behind it but he is basically igniting rubber using friction!

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Idrismusty97(m): 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2018
teemy:
I watched an OVA where luffy used ace's power in a fight against World. Remembering that his mouth was widely opened when akainu's punch went through ace spilling blood. May be how he, big mum and Blackbeard got extra devil fruit powers.
Lol so Sanji uses Ace power too for Diable Jamble(Or whatever that flaming kick is called)?
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by nani667: 1:40am On Jun 21, 2018
¬.¬

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by teemy(m): 9:06am On Jun 21, 2018
SageNaruto:

Lol grin .....
Luffy doesn't possess Ace's power, the flames from his hawk attacks are based on his on rubber ability. I can't really explain the chemistry behind it but he is basically igniting rubber using friction!

Idrismusty97:
Lol so Sanji uses Ace power too for Diable Jamble(Or whatever that flaming kick is called)?

Actually if someone had said so, I too would have said he was on a long thing. I will try and send the screenshot of where he himself acknowledged it was ace's power.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 11:22am On Jun 21, 2018
teemy:

Actually if someone had said so, I too would have said he was on a long thing. I will try and send the screenshot of where he himself acknowledged it was ace's power.

He was just referring to the "fire" , not an ability... I've seen the Anime and read the manga, so I know what you are talking about.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
SageNaruto:

He was just referring to the "fire" , not an ability... I've seen the Anime and read the manga, so I know what you are talking about.
@sage naruto any update on the manga? And pls don't fail to drop it here.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2018
hotswagg12:
@sage naruto any update on the manga? And pls don't fail to drop it here.

Will try my best... Hope you know that there will be no chapter release this week?
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2018
SageNaruto:

Will try my best... Hope you know that there will be no chapter release this week?
am not aware bro. Anyway thanks and there is someting I observe about luffy first attack on big mum in the video episode. There was no single impact on big mum and luffy gear 4 attack was just a waste. It's obvious luffy has a long way to go. Even big mum acknowledge that luffy can't defeat kaido.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by teemy(m): 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
SageNaruto:

This

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by teemy(m): 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2018

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by t12tosin: 11:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
Who be this wan wey dey talk about Brandi Worldu at this age n time
If you need to see Ace's ability that badly, kindly ask Sabo for more screen time.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 7:49am On Jun 22, 2018
teemy:
This scene is from the movie, and its been made clear that the movies are not canon (that is, they are independent of the actual storyline).

That aside, that scene makes it look like it happened by mistake whereas its an attack he developed as something of a tribute to Ace during the time skip.

hotswagg12:
am not aware bro. Anyway thanks and there is someting I observe about luffy first attack on big mum in the video episode. There was no single impact on big mum and luffy gear 4 attack was just a waste. It's obvious luffy has a long way to go. Even big mum acknowledge that luffy can't defeat kaido.

But he has gotten stronger since his fight against Katakuri and will probably have another battle to help him grow in strength before facing Kaido...

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by teemy(m): 8:23am On Jun 22, 2018
SageNaruto:

This scene is from the movie, and its been made clear that the movies are not canon (that is, they are independent of the actual storyline).

That aside, that scene makes it look like it happened by mistake whereas its an attack he developed as something of a tribute to Ace during the time skip.

But he has gotten stronger since his fight against Katakuri and will probably have another battle to help him grow in strength before facing Kaido...

Okies
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Idrismusty97(m): 8:27am On Jun 22, 2018
teemy:
It's Non canon. Sometimes not even written by Oda himself.

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by teemy(m): 9:14am On Jun 22, 2018
Idrismusty97:
It's Non canon. Sometimes not even written by Oda himself.
Thanks
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 10:54am On Jun 22, 2018
SageNaruto:

okay thanks
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2018
He he......byrrndi world....had a great fruit...the moa moa no mi

That aside....I like the red hawk technique....like a rubber band retracting at such high velocity, it ignites...

Oda didn't really have an explanation for diable jambe..nor zoro's ashura technique....but whatever, cp9 had to be defeated

I hope some of luffy's old techniques make a return in the future....e.g Kane, rifle and ono

3 Likes

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by teemy(m): 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nedville:
He he......byrrndi world....had a great fruit...the moa moa no mi

That aside....I like the red hawk technique....like a rubber band retracting at such high velocity, it ignites...

Oda didn't really have an explanation for diable jambe..nor zoro's ashura technique....but whatever, cp9 had to be defeated

I hope some of luffy's old techniques make a return in the future....e.g Kane, rifle and ono
Lolz
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 10:17am On Jun 28, 2018
Chapter 909 Spoilers below, so don't read if you don't want to grin

Detailed Summary
From Bakadata

The guardians are waiting until Nekomamushi comes back with Marco.

Marco has been working as a doctor in a small island. He doesn’t discriminate against young, old, male, or female, so he is respected by the whole village. He is talking to Nekomamushi. This village was found by Whitebeard. As it was once a poor country, they were not able to gather the necessary funds to continue to be affiliated to the world government. As a result, the island was attacked by pirates, and the country collapsed, and more and children become orphans. Whitebead was one of those orphans. After becoming a pirate, Whitebead continued to care about the island, and secretly send them money. After the war, Blackbead invaded this island, and Marco and the rest went to fight Blackbeard, but they stood no chance, and they were robbed everything. The only thing that was left to them was this small village, so this is their only keepsake of Whitebeard. Shanks created a grave close to the village.

As Weevil is attacking everyone connected to Whitebeard, they expect that they will eventually go after Marco and this village. Weevil is after Whitebead’s inheritance. Apparently, Weevil’s mother was on Whitebead’s ship 40 years ago.

[Wano]

Franky, Usopp, and Robin are disguised as some workers. As instructed by Kinemon, Zoro is disguised as someone part of the town. The shogun of Wano is called “Orochi”, and the ones obeying him are all also connected to Kaidou. Once they cause trouble, it will also be reported to Kaidou, so until they are ready to fight, they have to act like they are part of the country, and quietly execute their mission.

However, the town is getting noisy. Apparently, a murder who has been attacking people randomly has been caught by the magistrate, and has he has now to commit Seppuku. The one who got caught is called, “Zorojirou”. 23 years ago, during the fiasco with pirates, the legendary sword Shusui vanished, and as Zoro carried Shusui with him, the magistrate framed Zoro as the murderer, and took Shusui away from Zoro. After Zoro is given a small katana to commit seppuku, he realizes that the magistrate is the murderer, so he attacks him.

Zoro: “I’m sorry! Kinemon!!”

END: "Wano arc starts. "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 11:24am On Jun 28, 2018
Thanks @sagenaruto for the update. Pls keep it coming
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 1:07pm On Jun 28, 2018
hotswagg12:
Thanks @sagenaruto for the update. Pls keep it coming

You are welcome... I'll try my best! cool

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 9:36am On Jun 30, 2018
There seems to be an uproar, that wano is starting in the middle of reverie...I feel oda is trolling the fans
Fans: wholecake island is boring, reverie will be boring too....we want to see our personal lord and saviour zoro
Oda: we are getting into the reverie
Fans start reading: holy sh*t this arc is good....its the best arc in one-piece....can't wait to know who im sama is
Oda: screw you all impatient dogs, here is the wano you were asking for

Now fans are torn and conflicted.....and I love it cheesy
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2018
Nedville:
There seems to be an uproar, that wano is starting in the middle of reverie...I feel oda is trolling the fans
Fans: wholecake island is boring, reverie will be boring too....we want to see our personal lord and saviour zoro
Oda: we are getting into the reverie
Fans start reading: holy sh*t this arc is good....its the best arc in one-piece....can't wait to know who im sama is
Oda: screw you all impatient dogs, here is the wano you were asking for

Now fans are torn and conflicted.....and I love it cheesy

���
Reverie is meant to be a mini arc afterall...
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by nani667: 7:08am On Jul 01, 2018
Incase anyone is interested in Joining an Anime group... Just drop your telegram username ✔️

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

BELOW ARE SPOILERS FOR ONE PIECE CHAPTER 910,

Luffy and co are heading to Wano.
They are feeling nostalgic looking at the newspaper that features Vivi, Viola, Rebecca, and Wapol.

Nami gets mad that she can’t read the article since Sanji cut off the parts that covers beautiful women, and Chopper cut off the part where he can see Kureha. Luffy says that they will meet up again once they finish travelling around the world. As they talk, they are already getting close to Wano.
The weather is getting worse, and a massive wave nears them. It looks like a scene similar to an Ukiyo-e art, and they are left confused.

And suddenly a huge octopus comes on their ship, and it screams like a Kabuki performer and following that sound, a herd of carps equal to the size of the Sunny are heading to their direction. Sanji is shocked that freshwater fish appeared in front of them.
And suddenly the water has become transparent, and they realize that they are in a huge river now.
And after a while, they see a big waterfall. As the water must come from somewhere, Nami assumes that above the waterfall, Want must be located.

Luffy holds on the carp, and it drags them above the waterfall along with the Sunny.
Once they get above the waterfall, there is a whirlpool, and they get dragged in. The Sunny and Luffy land in a random beach. It seems like he got separated from the rest of the crew.

A boar that looks like a Komainu comes out of the forest and it bumps against the Sunny.
A huge baboon carrying a Katana comes chasing the boar. After seeing animals carrying a Katana, Luffy is certain that he is in Wano.

Source: 5ch
Translated By: Bakadata

A detailed summary has not been posted yet, I'll post it here as soon as I can....

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 6:30am On Jul 06, 2018
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2018
They just had to be separated before entering wano....didn't they?
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Idrismusty97(m): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
Nedville:
They just had to be separated before entering wano....didn't they?
Typical Oda style, Setting up Luffy to go meet one princess in distress or another important character/fight ALONE. One piece is getting too predictable these days, The reverie arc has been the most unpredictable for me so far, But Oda fûcking cut it short.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Nedville: 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2018
I'll wait till the arc has gone far before stating if it is predictable or not.....that's what happens when a series has so many arcs....some features of the arc are going to overlap with others previously shown...there may be no damsel in distress....since we have one already....momonosuke
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by hotswagg12: 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the update @sagenaruto
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Idrismusty97(m): 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
Nedville:
I'll wait till the arc has gone far before stating if it is predictable or not.....that's what happens when a series has so many arcs....some features of the arc are going to overlap with others previously shown...there may be no damsel in distress....since we have one already....momonosuke
I said it! Luffy already met with the damsel in distress already. Typical Oda way.

SPOÎLERS BELOW.

?: The Kuri shore probably stopped communications. What do we do, star performer?
?: Their numbers are unknown. But they probably landed already.
B: Don’t tell Kaido san for now. I will go.
Hundred Beasts Pirates ‘Star Performer’ Basil Hawkins
911 A Great Adventure in the Land of Samurai
Luffy recalls how he got to this stage
Just as they were about to be swallowed by the tides, Luffy inflated himself to use as a jumping platform and Sanji jumped off the ship carrying the crew in his arms
Just as Luffy tried to escape the Pedoctopus it grabbed him and he fell into the vortex
The Vivre Card in his hat was lost
A girl has been caught by some thugs in the forest of creatures
Because she is a vassal from the evil Light Moon (Kozuki) clan and they threaten to sell her in the red light district or imprison her.
They reach the shore and see Sunny
Their bodyguard, the demonic baboon is fighting the guardian lion.
The thugs contact the 'star performer'
They plan to sedate Luffy and capture him for illegal entry
A guy points his gun at Luffy but is knocked down
They told the baboon to ignore the lion and just beat Luffy instead
But Luffy scares the baboon into submission with his glare
The girl escapes, comes up behind the thugs and knocks them unconscious with a bludgeon
Her name is O Tama
O Tama makes a ring with her index finger and thumb and makes some dumplings to feed the baboon
The baboon instantly becomes attached to her
Luffy says it's a useful ability
According to Tama he is currently in Kuri
As she was buying food in the market, the guys who brought the baboon found her
She said to remember the Kozuki clan, which is a serious crime in Wano
The guardian lion was trying to protect her
She brings Luffy back to her home and makes him a small meal of rice and pickles
Luffy is disappointed at having so little to eat
Tama lies that she's going to the bathroom, but actually drinks from a river to stave off her hunger
Then her master, Tengu, comes home
He is mad that Luffy ate the rice
O Tama hasn't eaten in a few days, he says
She works hard daily for money and ignores her hunger
For her 8th birthday, he sent her to get some rice so he could feed it to her
He is angry that Luffy has eaten all that rice
O Tama comes back and tries to smooth things over but collapses instead. Luffy is shocked.
Tengu says the water from the river is polluted by Kaido's factory and it made her sick
She can move to a better place but she stays to keep her promise to Ace
Scene change, the star performer is Basil Hawkins
He tells his subordinates to cut off communications and head towards Kuri, but not tell Kaido
Source: 5ch
Translated by: Me (Den_Den_Mushi)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (71) (Reply)

Breaking News: See What ‘killed’ Ramsey Noah / Top 20 Strongest Naruto Characters. Do You Agree With The List? / Gulder Ultimate Search 11 Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.