Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Feedback Needed On Gas And Petrol Alternate Tanks In A Car. (benin Residents) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Feedback Needed On Gas And Petrol Alternate Tanks In A Car. (benin Residents) (622 Views)

Petrol Tanker On Fire Along Lagos Ibadan Expressway / Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines / When Engine Oil Dip Stick Smells Of Petrol. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Feedback Needed On Gas And Petrol Alternate Tanks In A Car. (benin Residents) by kakameks: 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
Was in benin and noticed that most of the commercial buses use gas as an alternative to fuel but can still revert to the normal petrol usage by flipping a switch. Now I noticed that at the special filling station (I only know one in benin) about 95% of those that came to top their gas tanks are commercial bus and taxi vehicles and few private ones.

I made some inquires and was told that the cost is ESTIMATED about N250,000 (INJECTOR ENGINE) and N150,000 (CARBURATOR ENGINE) HOWEVER with a down payment of N20,000 and N5,000 you can have it installed and each time you buy gas they deduct a minute fraction till the payment is done.

I heard that it is vey economical and since commercial operators are heavily into it, I guess it must be because they should know if it is cheaper or not. And they all said " yes it is far cheaper than petrol at little to no extra cost"

So my question is this for those that know about it, Is it advisable for private user? and why the low patronage by private user? or is it the fact that their filling station is not well spread? and is it reliable?

(1) (Reply)

I Believe I Can Fly": Nigerian Builds Unusual Jet Car (VIDEO) / I Need Urgent Help / Synthetic Or Mineral Engine Oil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.