Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie (30216 Views)

Obasanjo Blackmailing President Elect- Senator Rowland Owie / 9ice Calls for Annulment of APC Rep Primaries In Ogbomosho North / June 12 Annulment: How Has Nigeria Fared? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by lifestyle1(m): 10:34am On Jun 12, 2013
wetin abiola do ?
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by lateef4me(m): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2013
Can't believe this makes the frontpage.....We all know how thread like this will end ...
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Afam4eva(m): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2013
osifred:

Abacha used his power and was adopted as the presidential standard flag bearer of all the political parties then, does that make him the choice of the masses? same thing is applicable to Abiola
You said it yourself that he was adopted by the political parties and not the masses. MKO on the other hand was voted by the masses. The best case you guys can use against Abiola is that the election was rigged but every verifiable source proves otherwise.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Dee60: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2013
Politically sacrilegious statement from a a politician that is seeking attention!
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Adekay2011: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2013
Yes. U are right. But that is not thethe main sin he sank a ship
loaded with bibles

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by 234GT(m): 10:38am On Jun 12, 2013
Well said senator. MKO never got his wealth through legitimate means. He was a thief and everyone knew that. His reign could even have been worse than Abacha`s rule.
You never know the true character of a man until you entrust him with power.
And probably, God was trying to protect Nigerians from the kleptomanic tendencies of MKO.

13 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by born2fuckpussy: 10:40am On Jun 12, 2013
Wetin concern me , abeg deals with boko haram my lovely soldiers..yesterday wass a cancel cheque, tommorow is a promissory note, today is the only cash left so I'm gonna spend it wisely

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Irritant: 10:43am On Jun 12, 2013
Infoman51: Senator mumu
U well?
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 12, 2013
I learnt that he was a religious fanatic, and fought ruthlessly against Christianity in Nigeria!

Learnt he masterminded the sinking of a ship carrying Holy Bible!

And truly from stories I have read about him, he was a civilian military general working with the military guys to climb to power!

Now I see why he failed. But I liked him then based on my shrewd perception then.

Anyway, RIP MKO, at least, your name is in the history of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by ChisomMalachy(m): 10:47am On Jun 12, 2013
What you sow is what you reap says the Elderly man. MKO i don't even know him and am not interested to read his history... Truth hurt

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by misterh(m): 10:47am On Jun 12, 2013
Abeg shey na true say MKO sank a shipload of bibles?
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Paspane: 10:48am On Jun 12, 2013
What I like most in this abiola story is that it was his so called military friends that caused his downfall. He would have been worse than abacha that was why condolezza rice piosoned his tea. Rip to the one and only ITT international thief thiefcheesy

3 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by aremed(m): 10:52am On Jun 12, 2013
Everybody has history,mko might av done somtin bad,but he was generous to nigerians...wat has dis useless man done....stupid talk....bastard

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Koolking(m): 10:53am On Jun 12, 2013
Maxymilliano: But how do you see the June 12 election in terms of electoral conduct and fairness?

The June 12 election because it was an open ballot and had only two parties which cut across tribal lines was one of the fairest elections ever held in this country. June 12 showed what a good government can do in an election. If IBB and Aikhomu wanted to tamper with the election, they could have tampered with the election, but they didn’t.
It was a free and fair election but what I am telling you is that the annulment that came later was the hand of Esau and the voice of Jacob. /

I reason with this man. I was scanning to see if he played politics with the above question. He is vindicated. The fairest election ever held in Nigeria. Unfortunately Abiola was not the saviour Nigeria needed. He decided to pally with IBB (the adage says, to dine with the devil hold a longer spoon). He was the victim in his own game he likes to play.

5 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Paspane: 10:55am On Jun 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
You said it yourself that he was adopted by the political parties and not the masses. MKO on the other hand was voted by the masses. The best case you guys can use against Abiola is that the election was rigged but every verifiable source proves otherwise.
afam, are u trying to be on seun's good book: what's with this defending of yoruba this days. This man was worse than babangida and aboila combined yet you're extolling him. He wielded such an evil power even though he was not in office. Abiola's death was the best thing to have happened since rice and beans.

9 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by giftbz(m): 10:56am On Jun 12, 2013
Sir, this is an undiluted truth, He is the most celebrated evil- genus in the world.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Lifebender(m): 10:56am On Jun 12, 2013
Infoman51: Senator mumu

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by ichidodo: 10:57am On Jun 12, 2013
Am Stunned.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Lifebender(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2013
misterh: Abeg shey na true say MKO sank a shipload of bibles?
na true true

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Irritant: 10:59am On Jun 12, 2013
I never liked that dude called Abiola.....apart 4rom the abiola milk introduced back then...because it was cheap... cool cool cool
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 12, 2013
Oboy be suport MKO,but after this Baba talk,I swear I no know anything about politics. From what he said I feel he is saying the truth. Baba u too much.Una see say OBJ hand no pure abi?
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by prodam(m): 11:00am On Jun 12, 2013
The old senator has spoken to the best of his knowledge and for his political interest with perhaps his own caucus. However, the fact as established by majority of Nigerians both those who were present and those who hold valid records that the annulment was a huge damage to our democracy.
For me, I see him as selfless african, nigerian and yoruba leader who was denied liberty, freedom and dividends of democracy due to the selfish and nefarious plans of the then militocracy..However, the event gave birth to the current democracy the nation is enjoying. Strategically, without the june 12 dramatic scene, may 29, 1999 would not have been part of our history. Let those involved in the evil act know that some day the sword of the law would haunt some one on their behalf. Some one would pay for it cos you have reneged on agreement and convenant made with the masses.
Atonement should be made for june 12 1993, not in the form of fetish sacrifice but by cleansing the system and imposing rectitude.
The vision of Abiola should be realized, the drive of those who came out in masses irrespective of religion, tribe or interest must be extoled and emulated to achieve a balanced democratic system.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Lifebender(m): 11:01am On Jun 12, 2013
aremed: Everybody has history,mko might av done somtin bad,but he was generous to nigerians...wat has dis useless man done....stupid talk....bastard
abeg show respect naw....he is an old man...old enof to be ur father

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by PHIPEX(m): 11:05am On Jun 12, 2013
It is unfortunate that Karma chooses to pay a man a visit at his time of happiness. Well, he that kills by the swords dies by the sword.

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by platorepublic(m): 11:06am On Jun 12, 2013
Quite revealing Law of Karma you can never escape it
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Chidex2442(m): 11:07am On Jun 12, 2013
so has this date changed anything in our country 2day?
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by DeepSight(m): 11:10am On Jun 12, 2013
Afrocatalyst: The truth is a lot of us Nigerians were inexperienced in d workings of a democratic govt as at that time. We only wanted a ray of hope that we were starting somtin beta dan militarian style of govt. Abiola was nt a clean man,dat we know,even then bt we had a choice to make as a nation,which had nt happened prior to dat time. And we made it. That's d point here,WE MADE A CHOICE. Show me an innocent man and I'll show you Jesus. No man is innocent and as such,karma catches up wit us all depending on how long enuff we live to experience it. Pls senator,let the dead have peace. We mark dis day nt because of the man nor his character as a man which was highly questionable,bt we mark dis day becos it was d first time we,as a nation, made a choice that we could say was fair to our votes. It was d day our votes counted, it was d day WE MADE A CHOICE.

GBAM!

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Afam4eva(m): 11:12am On Jun 12, 2013
Paspane: afam, are u trying to be on seun's good book: what's with this defending of yoruba this days. This man was worse than babangida and aboila combined yet you're extolling him. He wielded such an evil power even though he was not in office. Abiola's death was the best thing to have happened since rice and beans.
Did he win the election or not? I'm also of the view that the man Abiola was an evil man and deserved not to come close to government because of his precedence but he was in an election and majority voted for him. Who are now to say he didn't deserve to be president.

1 Like

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2013
Afam4eva: Whether it was a payment of his evil deeds does not distort the fact that [b]he won the election and ought to be crowned. [/b]If the Nigerian populace decide to vote in satan as their president, who are we argue otherwise. We're in a democracy.

Make you put crown for him head na. Wetin de stop you?

2 Likes

Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by passionate88: 11:16am On Jun 12, 2013
The same people who collected bribe from Abacha to kill June 12 and deny Abiola from becoming president, and the same people who protested against Abiola being immortalized with the University of Lagos, is still the same people coming out here today to rant about celebrating June 12 and honouring Abiola.
Where exactly do these people stand??
Hypocrisy is a very dangerous ailment! - by Michael Faraday Michael. - Hope For Nigeria
from Hope For Nigeria facebook page.
Re: June 12 Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie by simpleseyi: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2013
June 12 is hunting some people, MKO's ghost is appearing to them in their dreams, so they cannot sleep, the are doing everything possible and impossible to discredit it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Justin Welby And Nigeria's Oil: Archbishop Of Canterbury's Connection Revealed / EFCC Replies Deji Adeyanju Over N24b New EFCC Building Complex / South-East & South-South Summit Holds In Owerri Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.