Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

ASUU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike (52642 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike - Holding Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike by Cashcard1(m): 10:39am On Jun 12, 2013
They have been this rumours that ASUU is going back on strike again.pls is it true and that the strike will begin on 17th of this month thats friday.
Re: ASUU Strike by MrSinister(m): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2013
LIES!!!
Re: ASUU Strike by Goddys(m): 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
Mr.Sinister:
LIES!!!
. Don't debunk people's statement without a reason.@ op,there is a great likelihood that ASUU will embark on strike soonest because of the failure on the part of federal government in honouring their agreement.ASUU threatened to go on strike on the month of march but the presidency ordered the minister of education to ensure that the agreements held between both parties were implement.However,the federal Government has not been faithful to their word.I'm not sure about the exact day ASUU is going to embark on strike but I'm certain there are deliberations going on about that

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike by Cashcard1(m): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
Am a student of buk kano.1 of our lecturer tld us that ASUU may Go on strike on 17th bt also i heard 4rm our sug president that the strike may be optional i.e it wil be on vote base on the majority universities that want to go for strike.
Re: ASUU Strike by Cashcard1(m): 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
Mr.Sinister:
LIES!!!
Hmm wats your reason for saying am lying.
Re: ASUU Strike by drjoebond080: 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
I'm a student of the university of benin .
I fink d strike is gonna hold cos most rumours abt strike always turn out true
Re: ASUU Strike by csckid(m): 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
Am a student of uniben. The strike is what my roomies and i have been discussing and am damn sure it's gono hold.
Re: ASUU Strike by Cashcard1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lets jst pray it doesnt hold...abeg btw ASUU nd thunder who strike d most.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike by Cashcard1(m): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2013
Pls anyone with information about the strike?
Re: ASUU Strike by MrSinister(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2013
Cashcard1: Pls anyone with information about the strike?

NO STRIKE!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike by Goddys(m): 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
By next week,we'll know whether ASUU has resolved to go on strike or not.So let's wait till next week
Re: ASUU Strike by Anglemike: 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
Am a student of kogi state university. Prof. Emeka Ike, the professor of physics told us dat discussion are seriously on whether to embark or not, let b praying bcs is going to b trrible

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike by xrazzy(m): 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
i'm a student of ABU, Zaria. A lecturer in my department told me that ABU-ASUU has signed the industrial action document and that they are only waiting for final ratification from ASUU NEC meeting at OAU, Ile - Ife undecided
Re: ASUU Strike by Hemmyjay(m): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
The strike is real but its not untill 24th of june. One or my lecturer just confirm it. Lecturers of each school voted and most of then voted for the strike.
Re: ASUU Strike by xrazzy(m): 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
A lecturer just inform us now that the strike will be optional as powerhouses like UNN, ABU, UI, UNILAG etc are still polarized on the issue
Re: ASUU Strike by Cashcard1(m): 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hmm i saw student of buk packing dia luggages than b4 going 4 weekend.am sure its nt only d weekend dey r going 4.
Re: ASUU Strike by segsxpendable(m): 5:15am On Jun 15, 2013
Angle mike: Am a student of kogi state university. Prof. Emeka Ike, the professor of physics told us dat discussion are seriously on whether to embark or not, let b praying bcs is going to b trrible
guusssh! please stop disgracing physics students here oo...your grammatical statement sounds horrible...
no lie oo..
Re: ASUU Strike by Ariyke: 10:04am On Jun 15, 2013
segs_xpendable:
guusssh! please stop disgracing physics students here oo...your grammatical statement sounds horrible...
no lie oo..
he mentioning a lecturer's name concerning strike is not good either
Re: ASUU Strike by xrazzy(m): 10:48am On Jun 15, 2013
OK....THEY'VE JUST COMMENCED ASUU -NEC MEETING AT OAU ILE -IFE. TOP ON THE AGENDA IS THE RATIFICATION OF PROPOSED WARNING STRIKE BY THE UNION OVER THE PERCEIVED LACKADAISICAL ATTITUDE OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO THE FG- ASUU 2009 AGREEMENT.....STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATE
Re: ASUU Strike by Phame: 11:34am On Jun 15, 2013
segs_xpendable:
no lie oo..
correcting somebody, and there u go.
Re: ASUU Strike by Goddys(m): 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2013
I would be very happy if the proposed industrial action is ratified.Our government is corrupt.Their sense of duty and patriotism is decayed.This shouldn't be a warning strike,rather it should be declared indefinite because Nigerian Government understand only the language of violence and action.Even as an undergraduate,I give ASUU my 101 percent support to embark on this strike without compromising their stance.
Re: ASUU Strike by Goddys(m): 12:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
Most universities will start exam starting from 1st week of July.This is the best period for this industrial action to hold.There will also be outpour of criticism on the government,if this strike is carried out this period.Now is our opportunity ASUU.
Re: ASUU Strike by Cashcard1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
x-razzy:
OK....THEY'VE JUST COMMENCED ASUU -NEC MEETING AT OAU ILE -IFE. TOP ON THE AGENDA IS THE RATIFICATION OF PROPOSED WARNING STRIKE BY THE UNION OVER THE PERCEIVED LACKADAISICAL ATTITUDE OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO THE FG- ASUU 2009 AGREEMENT.....STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATE
waitin for your update guy.tnx alot.
Re: ASUU Strike by ferdsmart(m): 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2013
Goddys: Uniuyo,Uniben,Ansu is closed down,and besides polytechnics are on strike.Most universities will start exam starting from 1st week of July.This is the best period for this industrial action to hold.There will also be outpour of criticism on the government,if this strike is carried out this period.Now is our opportunity ASUU.

guy,u are a damn liar. Ansu re-opened After two days closure by the Governor of Anambra State. Becareful on what u publish here

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike by Anglemike: 6:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
Segs-xpendable, is striking action a new tins, wat do u mean! if a lecturer's name is mentioned is that a crime? Pls define disgrace for me. U grammatarian:p

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike by Ay89(m): 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2013
hello guys wats the latest? Is the strike action still gonna hold?
Re: ASUU Strike by obago(m): 7:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
Goddys: Uniuyo,Uniben,Ansu is closed down,and besides polytechnics are on strike.Most universities will start exam starting from 1st week of July.This is the best period for this industrial action to hold.There will also be outpour of criticism on the government,if this strike is carried out this period.Now is our opportunity ASUU.
Big lie. Are you the one that closed down UNIBEN? Be sure of what you want to say before you comment on any issue. UNIBEN is open

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike by babes40: 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
see hw people are just commenting on the ASUU strike. ASUP have been on strike for close to 2 months now and not have been done...... I know all Newspaper will carry this soon.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike by Goddys(m): 10:57pm On Jun 15, 2013
A
Re: ASUU Strike by Abuklaw(m): 11:27pm On Jun 15, 2013
babes40: see hw people are just commenting on the ASUU strike. ASUP have been on strike for close to 2 months now and not have been done...... I know all Newspaper will carry this soon.
inferiority complex has set in 4 u, 4get abt d marginalisation and forge ahead to achieve wat u dream 2 achieve.even uni student are inferior in d face of their foreign counterpart.dichotomism is deeprooted in Nigeria social-political system.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saheed Wahab Dies 24 Hours After Arriving In UK For Postgraduate Studies / World's First Rare White Kiwi That Inspired Children's Books Dies (Photos) / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.