Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Is This The Beginining Of The End For Uk Illegal Immigrants? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is This The Beginining Of The End For Uk Illegal Immigrants? (1492 Views)

We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / 10 Things UK Illegal Immigrants Cannot Do - Is UK That Worth It Anymore? / UK Illegal Immigrants ‘May Get Amnesty To Stay’ – Sky News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Beginining Of The End For Uk Illegal Immigrants? by Akolawole(m): 12:33am On May 19, 2006
Welcome to Britain, the most accommodating Country in Europe.

It is the second home of Africans( most especially Nigerians).

It could be recalled that the influx of immigrants was further encouraged by the Labour government headed by Mr Tony Blair since 1997, who believes the foreigners contribute a very significant GDP to UK economy.

Now, the Labour government are fast losing popularity among the populace. Imagine them losing 250 seats in the last local election.

The accusing finger is pointed at lapses of the government on "immigration" among other things, in fact head has rolled in Home Office.

Many people says the labour government are "soft" on immigration and that every tom, privates and harry now enter, live and work in Uk.

The latest report is on five Nigerian illegal immigrants who were caught at Home office(Immigration Department).

Please read this link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4995764.stm and

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=386769&in_page_id=1770

Is this the pointer to what will happen when ID card is finally introduced in UK?
Re: Is This The Beginining Of The End For Uk Illegal Immigrants? by OldGlory1(m): 8:14pm On May 19, 2006
@Topic

I advice people to boycott this topic. We will not get anywhere, it will end up being a baseless argument.
Re: Is This The Beginining Of The End For Uk Illegal Immigrants? by Akolawole(m): 11:53pm On May 19, 2006
Old Glory:

@Topic

I advice people to boycott this topic. We will not get anywhere, it will end up being a baseless argument.

Sorry, Mr Moderator.

Uk based people knows what i am talking about.
Re: Is This The Beginining Of The End For Uk Illegal Immigrants? by dividend06(m): 4:56pm On May 20, 2006
Nigerians are not on the top of the list when it comes to immigration problems, the story might seem sad, but at least they were working and not making a bomb or reaping of the home office with some 419 scheme, Labour will still be blamed, but they also know the so called immigrants fill various gaps in the economy.

Lets not waste time on this non issue, come id card , come eye scan, finger print etc its all due to the bomb scare
not not some people trying to make a living ,
Re: Is This The Beginining Of The End For Uk Illegal Immigrants? by Fumi(f): 1:09pm On May 22, 2006
Hello,

as some people have mentioned, the beginning was the bomb-terror. 9/11 so to say.
From this moment most european Countries increased controlls of Foreigners and so on.
Here in Germany we even introduced a new passport with fingerprints, pictures and more. Not many people like it, but we dont have a choice.
But the borders to Britain have become higher since years.

I know one Nigerian, who travelled illegaly to Britain and stayed 5 years before they caught him. It was very easy to travel to GB by Bus.
Now coming to GB is a huge Problem.
More strict Passportcontrols, infra-red-controls of Trucks and Busses, everything is done.

The Borders become higher and the Racism aswell. Here in Germany we can feel it already.

The only Solution in my Eyes is (if they stick on sharp border-controls): more green-cards for Foreigners. This is just one world and everybody should be allowed to live anywhere. I know some people, who stayed illegaly in Europe just for Money´s sake. And i understand them. Its no fun at all.

But i understand the controls at times, because no country needs the Friends of Bin-Laden etc,

Fu(n)mi
Re: Is This The Beginining Of The End For Uk Illegal Immigrants? by MrBean(m): 3:50pm On May 23, 2006
Old Glory:

@Topic

Well said
Re: Is This The Beginining Of The End For Uk Illegal Immigrants? by OldGlory1(m): 5:33pm On May 23, 2006
Mrlwang

U feel me right? No head or tail arguments, is not necessary!
Re: Is This The Beginining Of The End For Uk Illegal Immigrants? by MrBean(m): 5:40pm On May 23, 2006
@old glory

of course
Re: Is This The Beginining Of The End For Uk Illegal Immigrants? by Akolawole(m): 9:31pm On May 23, 2006
Birds of the same (, )

(1) (Reply)

Travel Insurance Is Very Cheap And Affordable But The Cover Is Elaborate! / Nigerians In New Zealand / Dont Cry For Me Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.