Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain (18744 Views)

Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury / Loved At Chelsea And Hated In Spain: Is Mourinho Right? / Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by dammybravo(m): 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2013
Barcelona footballer Lionel Messi and his father are being investigated in Spain for allegedly defrauding the state of more than 4m euros (£3.4m).

The 25-year-old Argentina forward and his father, Jorge Horacio, are suspected of filing fraudulent tax returns for 2007-09, officials say.

The World Player of the Year has so far made no comment on the allegation.

His net annual salary at Barcelona is said to be 16m euros, making him one of the world's highest-paid athletes.

On Wednesday, a complaint signed by prosecutor Raquel Amado was filed at the courthouse in Gava - the affluent Barcelona district where Messi lives.

Judges at the courthouse must accept the complaint before the suspects can be charged, reports say.

Messi and his father are suspected of using companies abroad - in Belize and Uruguay - to sell the rights to use the footballer's image.

The accusation is that by using companies based outside Spain where he lives and plays club football, Messi and his father avoided paying more than 4m euros in tax...
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22877408

He wrote on his Facebook page: "We have never committed any infringement. We have always fulfilled all our tax obligations, following the advices of our tax consultants who will take care of clarifying this situation."

The investigation comes as the Spanish authorities step up their efforts to clamp down on tax fraud, as the government tries to balance its budget during a continuing economic crisis,
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
WELL DAYUMMM FRAUD ? MESSI ? WHO KNEW MESSI WAS A 419 MAN EH ?

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by SamConquer(m): 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
The Reason Why I Love The Western World in particular and Develop Countries in General Is That, ''You can't Sin and go Free,irrespective Of who You are,If You are not caught immediately,Someday Somehow in the Future Your Sin of the past will hunt You,and the Punishment You duly deserve will be given to You''.Lionel Messi You think the way You Use Your Left Foot On the Pitch To Deceive GoalKeepers and Player,you think you Can replicate that with the Spanish Government abi?Na Lie o. ***Continue Puffing My Expensive Cuban Cigar***

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by harlos: 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
E mess in my mouth e add salt join am grin

No wonder e dey see money close fifa mouth.

Dey will hammer me for sure on dis one angry
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by simp: 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
leave my boy alone o.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by herkeem: 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
second to comment, ALHAMDULILAHI.
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
Make dem go sit don jare,na him cause poverty for spain?

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by BashMe1(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
[size=20pt]Ehen, he shud come to England to join ChelseaFC na....[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Scarpon(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
that his father and not Messi
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Goldenheart(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
Where there is a star; there will always be haters.....

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by boss1310(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
now barca enemies will see this as a base to attack messi without having knowledge of the full story

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Rastamann: 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
Tax, tax, tax and tax! why is it that tax is always the weapon that is used against these so called celebrities. I wish them luck o!
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
A cheat will always be a cheat..

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by mobilecrewnett: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
what a saga......
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
Good for Him... first page tins
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by harlos: 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
herkeem: second to comment, ALHAMDULILAHI.
sorry you miss targettongue
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
Messi and his father are suspected of using companies abroad - in Belize and Uruguay - to sell the rights to use the footballer's image.

The accusation is that by using companies based outside Spain where he lives and plays club football, Messi and his father avoided paying more than 4m euros in tax...

4 million Euros no be beans, me too go try avoid am if e no dey illegal? Even if he did it, I don't really see what is wrong? It's his image so...
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
Wahali dey won chop d guy moni wit style. Europeans sabi how to nail u weda u commit or nt nobe dia biznex

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Afrocatalyst: 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
Tax. We no send dat one for naija.
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by born2fuckpussy: 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
Messi with tax avoidance; Ronaldo patron of prostitutes......I resemble both of them in these act
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by logica(m): 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
When did Messi start making business decisions? Well, since his accountants and assistants represent him sha...
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Make dem go sit don jare,na him cause poverty for spain?
i tire oooo

fast guy no be thief. tongue
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by goingsolo: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
MALAWI 2 KENYA 2 FINAL RESULT IN BLANTYRE, NIGERIA ONLY NEED A WIN TO GO THROUGH TO THE KNOCK OUT STAGE. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by krisokuweh(m): 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
Dey re thieves in Spain. Messi is wise enough to do business out side n evade d so called tax. Wat is dia business if he decides to use company outside Spain to do his business. Did Spain made him world footballer or rather he has made dem earn more money in Spain. Hisssssssssss
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by yuzedo: 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
[size=18pt]MUHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH! >cheesy[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by swtchicgurl: 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
IT IS A LIE OO:

We communicate “We have just known through the media about the claim filed by the Spanish tax authorities. We are surprised about those news, because we have never committed any infringement. We have always fulfilled all our tax obligations, following the advices of our Tax Consultants who will take care of clarifying this situation.”

SOURCE: MESSI'S FACEBOOK HOMEPAGE.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by NessaFresh(f): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Regiblinkz(m): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
Whateva rocks his boat
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by Born2beRich1(m): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
To all those fake barca fan were they yab chelsea say we be agbero club, una own worse..Your hit man is a criminal (criminal club lipsrsealed)...

**Singing In Felas voice***

Catch am cath am thief thief thief, Catch am cath am robber robber... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by SamConquer(m): 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
LORD JAGARA:Major what can You say to this MAJOR TORINO:My Lord,I am Surprise o,I Never Knew that Short Man was a Crook. LORD JAGARA:.**nodding Head**The Wonders Short Men Do Surprise the Tall Ones. MAJOR TORINO.:Hahahaha My Lord is that a philosophical statment,any way I Concur.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by stagger: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
Nairalanders sef! He is yet to be charged or tried and many have pronounced him guilty. Nonsense.
Re: Lionel Messi Investigated For Fraud In Spain by ninja4life(m): 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
SamConquer: The Reason Why I Love The Western World in particular and Develop Countries in General Is That, ''You can't Sin and go Free,irrespective Of who You are,If You are not caught immediately,Someday Somehow in the Future Your Sin of the past will hunt You,and the Punishment You duly deserve will be given to You''.Lionel Messi You think the way You Use Your Left Foot On the Pitch To Deceive GoalKeepers and Player,you think you Can replicate that with the Spanish Government abi?Na Lie o. ***Continue Puffing My Expensive Cuban Cigar***
oh o just like bill clinton pardoned hundreds of criminals accused of tax frauds,financial crime etc and also how some european government are partial in justice delivery abi.guy u are making a huge mistake saying western and developed countries are fair in purnishing a criminal.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs West Brom (1 - 0 ) On 21 November 2020 / West Ham Vs Manchester United (1 - 0) - Live / Burnley Vs Chelsea - (0 - 3) On 31st October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.