Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months (29302 Views)

No Cattle Will Roam About In 24 Months – Buhari / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Ngwakwe: 7:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
These Yoruba people self, na waa for you people and una media propaganda.

The same people that will condemn any Governor and see nothing good in them until when such a Governor becomes party rebel or joins ACN or APC.

I for once will repetitively outline this most dangerous hypocrisy of our time when an uncompleted photoshoped development plans become laudable achievement beyond critic while such planned projects are always down played and bad-mouthed (by S. West so called professors) if they are federal or PDP/APGA projects.

To think that our most learned friends expect every Nairalander to agree to this subject without scrutiny is another level of decay in opposition politics.

As for the topic under discussion, it's a nice development. Time has come for Nigeria to compete with other developed capitals and metropolis of this world.

We all regret the military era that shut this country off from competition by different States.

Good Job Fashola for the initiative and corresponding support.

bloggernaija:

Jelousy jealousy ooo o,
Who is your governor
Is it the one building highways and hotel on which,you see only okada ,keke napep and bicycles.most of the inhabitants of the place keep flocking to Lagos to ride okada and do ashawo business.maybe your governor is too busy banning rumours

Eko Atlantic is very dear to the hearts of most Yorubas.even though I probably would not be able to afford it,it inspires a can do attitude amongst us .it inspires confidence and pride. It saves/protect a significant amount of odua's coastline while also serving as a guarantor that like the last 500 yrs ,Lagos will continue to be relevant as a kingdom of commercial and business excellence(with or without Nigeria) for the next 500.
One of the factors Multi nationals look at when choosing the location for their headquarters is lifestyle and the sort of people .you rub mind with.no other city in Africa apart from joburg offers as much.not even Cairo .
Take that.

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by EkoIle1: 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
back2sender: This project is a waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there are many other projects begging for attention and LASG is using tax payers money to develop a site that will be shared amongst themselves and cronies. This is a class orientated project and if LASG had channelled the same zeal that is used in pursuing this projects into developing other parts of lagos we would have seen the manifestation quickly.
We have been hearing the story of 4th mainland bridge for donkey years , notin has been done because this bridge will connects the hinter areas of lagos, rather LASG rushed to build the bridge at lekki phase 1 that will serve the people of ikoyi/lekki phase 1(thier cronies) and to make it difficult for other road users they slam exorbitant toll charges.

This bridge is less than 1 km and tax payers money was used to build a bridge that i will be forced to pay toll.Double taxation!!!!!!!!!

I stand to be corrected no water board is functional in lekki axis, every house is a local government because you have to provide the basic amenities yourself and iam sure this situations plays itselves out in other parts of Lagos.

Agbero's are running the show in lagos and yet they want to deceive themselves that they are building a better lagos,they should first remove the agberos on the streets and ensure other basic amenities can be reached by lagosians then we will know they are serious about building a better lagos.

This is strictly a private project and not a taxpayers funded project. With so much egregious open display of ignorance, reading and comprehension problems, you people really need to head back to elementary school instead of polluting topics and discussions on NL...

2 Likes

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Gbawe: 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
jp philips:

Obviously, you didn't even understand what you said.i have 100% doubt that you understood Gbawe either, you are just a toad confusing hot water with a cold one,
get a life.

That is why I did not bother responding further to what he said. For many around here, there is no humility to accept that they jumped to conclusion because of lack of knowledge. Is there a way to spin the ignorant post below? Where does one even begin?

Laudable project but the question is...should this project be high on priority list? What economic advantage is Lagos getting from this project? yea....i know the argument(foreign investment, revenue..blah blah we know this project is not for the masses....then who is it for? Do we need to spend so much money on a massive project at this time when other useful infrastructure lay dormant and wasting away?

Who is controlling this project? Did Fashola and Tinubu mortgage the future of Lagos for political gain? How many years concession for the backers of this project? Too much hype about this Fashola guy and most people has swallow it hook, line and sinker, i was in Lagos and i didn't see much improvement to march the hype.

Personally i think this project is a waste,hype, unnecessary at the moment and nobody know how much is costing each tax payer in Lagos.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Garrithe1st: 11:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
No Comments!!

cool cool

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2013
jp philips:

Obviously, you didn't even understand what you said.i have 100% doubt that you understood Gbawe either, you are just a toad confusing hot water with a cold one,
get a life.

The internet is open for all, both low life and people with learning disabilities. Not sure what category you are but i will live that for you to decide. Why do people get involve in what they do not understand and do the typical 9ja thing....abuse!!!!? Do you find it difficult to express your opinion without been rude?
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 14, 2013
Gbawe:

That is why I did not bother responding further to what he said. For many around here, there is no humility to accept that they jumped to conclusion because of lack of knowledge. Is there a way to spin the ignorant post below? Where does one even begin?

I honestly thought i could have a mature and intelligent discussion with you on this forum but i guess i was wrong. You filled your sentences with words that showed some maturity and i felt ..yeeeaa...(at last i can talk to someone). Have you ever been told that during discussion, you should avoid language that shows disrespect to your opponent(people with different view to yours)? i guess not so at this point, i let you go on with your garage and beer augment.

For the record....if you take to read my sentence, i was expressing a personal view(which i am ent
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 14, 2013
Gbawe:

I honestly thought i could have a mature and intelligent discussion with you on this forum but i guess i was wrong. You filled your sentences with words that showed some maturity and i felt ..yeeeaa...(at last i can talk to someone). Have you ever been told that during discussion, you should avoid language that shows disrespect to your opponent(people with different view to yours)? i guess not, so at this point i let you go on with your car park and beer augment.

For the record....if you take time to read my comment, i was expressing a personal view(which i am entitled to) and mostly i was asking questions about the project, who is in charge, how much, priority e.t.c. These are normal questions government all over the world expect from their citizen/s anytime the government embark on project on a massive scale(the money belongs to all of us).

Even if it is a private and government initiative, we as citizens should ask questions, even if he is the best governor in the world, we should ask questions, it doesn't mean we are against it, it only means we want them to be on their guard and know we are watching them cause THEY WORK FOR US FOR FU**C***K SAKE . I am not AGAINST it but you wont understand that because you are use to beer parlour discussion and "yes sir" way of life.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 14, 2013
drnoel:

Can't agree more, but that is Until the beach decides to reclaim the land that was stolen from it.

Don't you people ever read? It was reclaimed not CLAIMED. Note the difference?
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by COMPAQ(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
It remains to be seen how the city will function effectively. How will people get there? Is it the same roads in VI that are currently jam packed day in day out? Even if most of the peeps who work there live there, they will not be immune to traffic congestion. And to be honest, most of the people who will work in those offices will be staying on the mainland or Lekki axis.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by naptu2: 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
COMPAQ: It remains to be seen how the city will function effectively. How will people get there? Is it the same roads in VI that are currently jam packed day in day out? Even if most of the peeps who work there live there, they will not be immune to traffic congestion. And to be honest, most of the people who will work in those offices will be staying on the mainland or Lekki axis.

Getting there = Green Line and BRT.

Moving around within = Tram.

https://www.nairaland.com/1218704/history-public-transportation-lagos
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by austinkenneth: 5:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
awhagwan: Story.

Lagos state will soon build....

ACN to commmence......

Airport will soon come.....14 years

Coastal Road to be built soon....14 years

Lekki Epe Expressway to be expanded (only 23km out of about 80km o!) 7 years on, dem never finish!!

Fourth Mainland bridge to soon materialise out of thin air......14 years, dem never start...na so so computer image

Na so so future project

Di only ones wey dem dey finish na di one wey involve say taxpayers go pay more money....Lekki Ikoyi link bridge

We don tire for una deception. Come 2015, ACN/APC/AC or whatever new name una go register, as long as na Bola Tinubu dey control am, una must comot for this Lagos. Ahn ahn....Iya yi ti poju! Kilode? Eyin nikan ni won she aiye fun ni?

The Eko Atlantic city is a landmark project. It is an exemplary one which we should all learn lessoons from.
The fact is that anybody who is expecting to have a building (tallest in Lagos) completed there in 24 months in wallowing in fool's paradise.
Pls what the per cent completion of the sandfilling of the first phase right now?
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by BarryX(m): 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
Project::::: Laudable
I have never been an advocate of selective or elitist development or for the lack of a better word "new" projects such as this, the reason is quite simple and it comes with a question; why develop a "new" project and not develop the old? This misunderstood concept 'innovation' cut across all tiers of government. This is one problem that is quite popular in the continent, focusing more on quantity than on quality, Victoria Island currently is one of the most stinky, messy part of the state, not minding the High-rise that dots the landscape, everyday, I see VI getting stinkier and they're considering building a city close by to add to the already messed state , why don't they try and develop VI & Lagos Island to a particular standard before the "new innovation" sets in-- Excuse me if you think I'm sounding pessimistic , the search for a better city started from Lagos Island to Victoria Island and now to Eko Atlantic, truth be told the preceding cities are not any better because they switched the development and abandon the former infrastructurally and decay sets in & it probably costing the state government more developing them currently ------My Opinion *** thanks for reading & Hope you get my drift***

1 Like

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by naptu2: 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2013
Next on my checklist. . . . December and the Dopplemayr towers (wonder what critics will say).
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Horus(m): 10:36am On Jul 19, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GknxEm5zXzY

Eko Atlantic City Half Way To Complete
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by naxfelsome(m): 11:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
Vicotex:
The skyscrappers no be small pikin play o
see indigenous mumu saying no be pikin play wen they are been show a mere drawing. U must be 15 or below
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
Please are civilians restricted from the area?
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by damerich: 10:01am On Apr 26, 2015
Reading this from 2 years ago I just realised how little many young lagos ins know.
naptu2:

Finally! Someone old enough to remember. There were palm trees at bar beach. You parked your car on the sand by Ahmadu Bello Way and walked some distance before you got to the shoreline. You had these sea shells and bits of the palm trees that pricked your soles if you went bare feet or wore slippers.

By 1993 the sea had eaten up the beach and the shoreline was right beside Ahmadu Bello Way!

A hundred years ago the shoreline was at the end of the eastern mole. What they are doing, with Eko Atlantic, is reclaiming the land and extending the shoreline back to the limits of the eastern mole, where it was a hundred years ago.

Besides, there's now a seawall to prevent coastal erosion.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by chima24life(m): 9:19am On May 26, 2015
My company is involve in this project, but I can nt see there pictures

Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by tck2000(m): 11:03pm On May 31, 2019
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by FRESHG(m): 12:31am On Jun 01, 2019
tck2000:
WETIN COME HAPPEN
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by tck2000(m): 7:40am On Jun 01, 2019
FRESHG:
WETIN COME HAPPEN
Space Bookers Association!,,,Anyway,Since that time nothing spectacular has been done.Before this thing would be completed Ehn,i would day 2030s.
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by FRESHG(m): 7:48am On Jun 01, 2019
tck2000:
Space Bookers Association!,,,Anyway,Since that time nothing spectacular has been done.Before this thing would be completed Ehn,i would day 2030s.
GBAWE NKO grin
Re: First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months by tck2000(m): 7:59am On Jun 25, 2019
building

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Not A Poor Country, We Are Not Offering More Financial Support - EU / Riot In Yola! / Nigerians React To Amnesty Int'l Call On Ihierjirika, Minima, Badeh & Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.