Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,816 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police (25613 Views)

Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) / 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by kehinde1588(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2013
I tink nigeria police shud b scrapped and cancelled frm nigeria forces.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by infolekan(m): 8:46am On Jun 13, 2013
Ouch_Daddy:
LaFFs, mr chocboy! I expected u as an ex-student to be more matured & talk with ur alumni on why u feel this doesn't Justify the death of 3students already!! & about ur question, biko, what does it take to spend ₦200 daily in nIgeria?? & it's not as if d students hv classes everyday ni o..! Some got classes 3-times in a week or so....! In this Age (2013), ₦200 is too too too small to take/claim d lives of 3 students & destroy properties in the school cus of it's transport fares...! It's not as if it's a Levy imposed daily on the students, such as we see in Lekki toll! (As an Alumni, u're supposed 2 wave this poverty-mentality out sire) it's for their own transportation, if any1 felt it's too expensive, it's simple =TREK early to classes!! Why burn ur properties worth millions & billions of naira, injure urselves & resultant killings of 3 just for ₦200 It's totally WRONG!!

reading through your posts makes somethings blatantly clear....
1. You'e not as rich as you're putting yourself out to be
2. Your sense of logical reasoning is flawed.
3. Someone like you probably did not go to school and has spent the better part of his life 'sucking up'to the ones up there.
Students will always be student and the moral fibre of any community is built right from the youth.
An increase of 10naira if not properly communicated is worth protesting for......its a Federal Univ forcrying out loud. No one is against increasing transport fare (if need be) and the students have the right to protest(if they feel aggreived) but the big qustion should be - WHY SHOULD THE POLICE USE LIVE AMMUNITION AGAINST STUDENTS?
Thought you'd be asking such rational question instead of ranting on private universities and the value of #200.

2 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Ikpewe: 8:47am On Jun 13, 2013
chukwuinya: so its happening again
wen did it happened b4?
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 13, 2013
I feel sorry for the parents whose children were killed. But I find it difficult seeing any genuine reason in destroying schools' property during protests (aluta), when in the long run the students will be made to pay for it. In my days in OAU, Ile-Ife, and even till date, students, with the many protests, won't even destroy a chair.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Ikpewe: 8:54am On Jun 13, 2013
Do you know what the students did before they were killed? What about students who were attacking the police with guns and stones. RIP to the dead students.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by pikin1(m): 8:54am On Jun 13, 2013
6students confirmed dead this morning
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Lordsocrates: 8:55am On Jun 13, 2013
In a pol science clas, a lectura said, laws r there 2 protect d haves, d haves dnt want d hv nt 2 muv 4rm his clar to thiers d mk a law,thou shal nt steal, tel me wu is diz law targetin, d hv nots. Howeva wit skols d hv nt hv a way 2 migrate 2 anoda claz, n d hvs kip on increasin d cost of education so as to maintain d status qwo, wen d cost of education is increased,which clas do u think such act is targeted on ? U dnt nid 2 be karl marx to c diz. D rich gets richer d poor gets screwed
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by OuchDaddy(m): 9:01am On Jun 13, 2013
infolekan:

reading through your posts makes somethings blatantly clear....
1. You'e not as rich as you're putting yourself out to be
2. Your sense of logical reasoning is flawed.
3. Someone like you probably did not go to school and has spent the better part of his life 'sucking up'to the ones up there.
Students will always be student and the moral fibre of any community is built right from the youth.
An increase of 10naira if not properly communicated is worth protesting for......its a Federal Univ forcrying out loud. No one is against increasing transport fare (if need be) and the students have the right to protest(if they feel aggreived) but the big qustion should be - WHY SHOULD THE POLICE USE LIVE AMMUNITION AGAINST STUDENTS?
Thought you'd be asking such rational question instead of ranting on private universities and the value of #200.
Looool! I'LL just ignore u!
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by born2fuckpussy: 9:01am On Jun 13, 2013
Ouch_Daddy:
I don't think u understand d post! u're just quick to quote & type insults! Be calm & realistic for once!! OK..why didn't u go & get shot for ur darlyn school & colleagues at uniuyo cus fare was increased!! ₦200 is the total fare to & fro expected to convey the students in a day!! So trekking is not an option Stop being insultive, make me understand d reason's why 5 students are dead already cus of ₦200!! It's very simple!! Enlighten me!!
Trekking is an option in school bus bought my same institution fees paid by the students? Guy wake up, monkey don matured. if is the private bus or commercial bus, they rather not allow to roam around the school if they cannot comply with student union association constitution and not school and VC stealing habit constitution, students are reason school exists. They should be considered, this is not private university, it is build by their fathers, mothers and we TAX money and we still have to pay institution fees and additional # 36,000.00 per session equivalent to 400 go-come on just transportation alone.....Haba!!!! You no dey pity person, VC self wan embezzled,my the term they graduate, 144,000 naira....the VC don rich....144,000 X 20,000 students, even if bus damage, school fees will be use for repair.

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Rick9(m): 9:24am On Jun 13, 2013
Very serious oh Wtf
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by dabrake(m): 9:24am On Jun 13, 2013
Ikpewe: Do you know what the students did before they were killed? What about students who were attacking the police with guns and stones. RIP to the dead students.
dude, believe me, the protest was very peaceful till the men in black gunned kingsley down. . . that was the genesis of the violence

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Saliman22(m): 9:26am On Jun 13, 2013
One of the victim is my relation. Kingsley Udoette rest in peace....How I wish ur powerful father is alive to brought this policeman to book. oh the iroko tree of Ika is fallen.we must fight this
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 13, 2013
dnt just say what you read on newspapers or blog .
its just a fraction of what really happened.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Saliman22(m): 9:47am On Jun 13, 2013
Ouch_Daddy:
Lmao! Me? Ouch? Dickhead?? Oh! Such a child....!! Shey u see d mentality on why u're worst dan boko-haram itself!! How can uthink the VC collects the ₦200 to send her own kids to Private universities?? So in other words, I'm hearing 5students hv been confirmed dead!! In ur own divergent views, u support the death of this 5 just cus of ₦200 for transport fares!! Lol,brother u amuse me!! Meanwhile...please stop being insultive, be matured enuff to prove ur articulated facts dat ₦200 is worth the Lives of those 5students dead cus of this outburst of protests!!
Forget about the sentiments .....The police has no right to use firearms to resolve any protest and is only in Nigeria that such things occur ...the said Kingsley Udoette is my relation...If I may ask.. if it happen to ur own blood what will u say instead of u to condemned the act of police incompetent u are here comparing 200 with silly behavior of our policemen

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by groovie(m): 9:48am On Jun 13, 2013
sakaguchi: Its only on Nairaland people come up and write rubbish, what is "too small" in N200.
That's too much jaare, N200 everyday X 25 days in a month =N5,000 X 4 months in a semester =N20,000 almost the price for school fees, that is extortion, trust me, this money looks small outside but on campus ( campus algebra), it is much, do you even know how money flies when one is in school?
Comparing it with private university is iniquitous, private university students are by the very status of being admitted well to do. Are you telling that village boy who's mom that sells moi moi in the village square to spend N5000 on transport by shuttle, N2000 on bike, N3000 for school material before you factor in pocket money, feeding money, babes package and so on.
I'm not in Akwa Ibom not to talk of Uniuyo but I understand with this students. ASUU has made it possible for professors witj scanty managerial skills to mount that lofty seat of VC that is why all of them are systematically killing off SUG's.
SUG's these days don't represent Nigerian student instead serve as lackeys to school Management.
The Nigerian police has forever lost my respect. FOREVER!!! I have seen where protesting students in Uniabuja were attacked by Fulani thugs and the police watched indifferently, when the students started overpowering the thugs, the police pummeled them with tear gas. Police shot a student in Uniben, now this. And the have a historic litany of gunning down innocent Nigerian students. I would have joined voices in calling for the resignation of the IG but why waste my time, he won't resign, he doesn't even know if something wrong has been committed.
PROTEST is the highest form of patriotism and this students in that ivory tower have done so, unfortunately, the, the police have proven themselves to be enemies of the Nigerian student and the Nigerian state as more students have died by the bullets of Nigerian police than by MEND and Boko Haram combined. ADEUS to those fallen comrade in Uniuyo.
Emmanuel Oche.

Thank u so much.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by groovie(m): 9:57am On Jun 13, 2013
I think some people here have forgotten wat they went through in their university days or maybe they attended private universities, or they have not been there.200 Naira t-fare is way too much for students for goodness sake. ahn ahn. it should be SUBSIDZED! thats why its a public school. Our leaders are cheating us. am waiting to hear wat will become of those policemen. wicked people

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by otodeluxe(m): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2013
R.I.P kessy! God is a God of justice, He will fight for you
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by misstobi: 10:05am On Jun 13, 2013
y shud student riot cos of 100 naira,a dialogue wud v bn betta,nw every1 will b affected.one student is dead,hostels v bn locked wt ppl's properties,money,debit cards,school has shutdown wat will happen to dos dt were to collect dir calloff letters nextweek.....hu is losin out nw.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by misstobi: 10:08am On Jun 13, 2013
we r gona pay in 10 thousands nw for damages
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by dnawah(m): 10:45am On Jun 13, 2013
guy1234: Nigerian police again,wen wld they stop killing us?
when we stop paying them to kill us
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by iykedonp: 10:45am On Jun 13, 2013
If I make 5 naira each litre in a 33,000 litrs of disel, I smile home a happy man. lmagine, if it is up to 200naira? my brother, 200 naira is damn big money.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by lawrence500(m): 10:53am On Jun 13, 2013
Raypawer: The University of Uyo resumes second semester only to spring surprises to the faculty of science students that their lecture venue has been moved to the University's permanet site.

By this, The science faculty students that stayed in school hostel were thrown out of the school hostel.

The school bus that would have served as an alternative means of transportation for students staying off campus but the school authority said that each student has to pay hundred naira before using the school bus that was free.

The students were furious, and protested., there by blocked the Ikot Ekpene road.

Due to this, the police came to calm the situation only to join hands with the security officials in the school to inflict more pain and 3 students has been shot down dead, and there have been duel of gunshot arround the University Town Campus for hours now..

At this the student now took laws into their hands by burning down the VC's office, the Registra's Office and one of the hostels...

An interview with a security officer by plannet fm says that it was the Police that miss fired and said that they are not ready to take responsibility of the action...
Hhmmmmmm, Nigeria police, when would dey stop this stupidity and stop misshooting, but na theif they will miss targect them
Mgt,pls remeber that this students are daugther and sons of another person and success of income are different so lps consider them all
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by lawrence500(m): 10:53am On Jun 13, 2013
Raypawer: The University of Uyo resumes second semester only to spring surprises to the faculty of science students that their lecture venue has been moved to the University's permanet site.

By this, The science faculty students that stayed in school hostel were thrown out of the school hostel.

The school bus that would have served as an alternative means of transportation for students staying off campus but the school authority said that each student has to pay hundred naira before using the school bus that was free.

The students were furious, and protested., there by blocked the Ikot Ekpene road.

Due to this, the police came to calm the situation only to join hands with the security officials in the school to inflict more pain and 3 students has been shot down dead, and there have been duel of gunshot arround the University Town Campus for hours now..

At this the student now took laws into their hands by burning down the VC's office, the Registra's Office and one of the hostels...

An interview with a security officer by plannet fm says that it was the Police that miss fired and said that they are not ready to take responsibility of the action...
Hhmmmmmm, Nigeria police, when would dey stop this stupidity and stop misshooting, but na theif they will miss targect them
Mgt,pls remeber that this students are daugther and sons of another person and success of income are different so lps consider them all
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by lawrence500(m): 10:56am On Jun 13, 2013

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Koolking(m): 11:00am On Jun 13, 2013
sakaguchi: Its only on Nairaland people come up and write rubbish, what is "too small" in N200.
That's too much jaare, N200 everyday X 25 days in a month =N5,000 X 4 months in a semester =N20,000 almost the price for school fees, that is extortion, trust me, this money looks small outside but on campus ( campus algebra), it is much, do you even know how money flies when one is in school?
Comparing it with private university is iniquitous, private university students are by the very status of being admitted well to do. Are you telling that village boy who's mom that sells moi moi in the village square to spend N5000 on transport by shuttle, N2000 on bike, N3000 for school material before you factor in pocket money, feeding money, babes package and so on.
I'm not in Akwa Ibom not to talk of Uniuyo but I understand with this students. ASUU has made it possible for professors witj scanty managerial skills to mount that lofty seat of VC that is why all of them are systematically killing off SUG's.
SUG's these days don't represent Nigerian student instead serve as lackeys to school Management.
The Nigerian police has forever lost my respect. FOREVER!!! I have seen where protesting students in Uniabuja were
attacked by Fulani thugs and the police watched indifferently, when the students started overpowering the thugs, the police pummeled them with tear gas. Police shot a student in Uniben, now this. And the have a historic litany of gunning down innocent Nigerian students. I would have joined voices in calling for the resignation of the IG but why waste my time, he won't resign, he doesn't even know if something wrong has been committed.
PROTEST is the highest form of patriotism and this students in that ivory tower have done so, unfortunately, the, the police have proven themselves to be enemies of the Nigerian student and the Nigerian state as more students have died by the bullets of Nigerian police than by MEND and Boko Haram combined. ADEUS to those fallen comrade in Uniuyo.
Emmanuel Oche.

You are brilliant. Your comments is one of the sane comments so far. 70% of Nigerians live below a dollar daily. The 70% are among the students of this school. N100 is too much for an average students who or whose parents live on what they sale in a day. We need to consider issues objectively as adult. People at the helm of affairs in Nigeria are so insidious and selfish, making policies without careful consideration of people involved. It is sad that most Nigerians are living in denial as opposed to reality.

How can you say, N200 is too small for a student to pay for a school shuttle (acquired either through the same students or corporate donations), the fee can be subsidized for students' benefits. Beside, it was not the N200 that caused the death of 3 students, it was the irresponsible act of our Police men that pushed the rather peaceful protest to a ghastly one. We all have the fundamental right to complain and make it known we are complaining.

People blaming the death of the 3 students to mere N200 are very sentimental and emotional. I can deduce that they are trying to tell how rich and opulent they are whereas they have nothing to their names...this is the beauty of NL, faceless forum, you can pretend to be who you are not. I hope one day your life will be what you pretend it to be on NL. Impostors

5 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by jjagz: 11:08am On Jun 13, 2013
Ouch_Daddy: Sentiments apart! This is really crazy! How &Why should Policemen shoot at students?? Even in d intense turkey protests, de (Policemen) didn't shoot at citizens..talkmore of innocent students!! The Trigger-happy Policemen should be brought to Jusice! Nairaland English & blah-blah-blah apart!! This is outrageous!!
On the students part!! Paying ₦200 daily on fares didn't warrant d protests, ur sch SUG shld hv resolved dat amicably wit the school authorities, now 3 students wit bright future's in this crazy country re Dead!! If Uniuyo students are complaining of ₦200 daily as fares rate, Those in Private institution's nkor?? *sighs!!
200 times 5 equals 1000 every other week. In a say 15 semester week datz 15k only on transport. U might not get it but not every one is dat financially bouyant.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by DGovnor1(m): 11:08am On Jun 13, 2013
"@whoseman: #NANS senate president Donald Onukaogu died in an auto accident on his way to #Uyo to intervene in #Uniuyo crisis #RIP @omojuwa @alibaba"
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 13, 2013
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 13, 2013
D'Govnor:
"@whoseman: #NANS senate president Donald Onukaogu died in an auto accident on his way to #Uyo to intervene in #Uniuyo crisis #RIP @omojuwa @alibaba"

Donald Onukaogu
NANS. national association of Nigerian
student

if its d same accident i saw on my way to owerri den it was
fatal. .
d hiace ran into d trailler
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Raypawer(m): 11:25am On Jun 13, 2013
RIP TO NANS PRESIDENT who on his way to calm the situation @ uniuyo yesterday had accident and died!!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry undecided undecided
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by otokx(m): 11:35am On Jun 13, 2013
When rules of engagement are not followed, this is what happens. Students should be educated on the peaceful nature of demonstrations; leaving your school campus and going to block roads outside is not always the best. Those that have died now will not come back and the university will remain closed for some time.

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Charlesedet25(m): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2013
norseman2: Nigeria police ve killed more innocent citizens than Boko haram #fact
der should also be on world terrorist list and should rank No. 6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibadan School Principal Found Dead In A Gutter / Decay In Public Schools In Akwa Ibom (Photos, Video) / OAU Lecturer Slaps Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.