Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:57 AM

Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money (5946 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money by uncle2010: 6:21am On Jun 13, 2013
Brethren, do you pay tithe on borrowed money.
Re: Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money by outcst: 6:26am On Jun 13, 2013
Hi Unc,

Do you feel the need to pay tithe or you do it because you believe it is necessary?

Now to your question: I do not see the logic behind paying tithes on borrowed money. Technically speaking, the money is not yours so why pay tithe on someone elses money?
Re: Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money by uncle2010: 7:01am On Jun 13, 2013
outc@st:
Hi Unc,

Do you feel the need to pay tithe or you do it because you believe it is necessary?

Now to your question: I do not see the logic behind paying tithes on borrowed money. Technically speaking, the money is not yours so why pay tithe on someone elses money?
Not only I feel the need but is very necessary. And not only because of the benefits but also because GOD commanded us to do so.
Re: Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money by uncle2010: 7:05am On Jun 13, 2013
there are two cases here:
1. Money borrowed for business
I think is not necessary to pay tithe on money borrowed for business but ou can pay tithe on the profit you make from that money.
2 Money borrowed for personal use
I think is necessary to pay tithe on money borrowed for personal use. Since is now income though you will pay back later.

That's my own.
Re: Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money by outcst: 7:13am On Jun 13, 2013
^^^

Since that's what you want for yourself then good. Enjoy your tithe paying.

1 Like

Re: Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money by truthislight: 10:24am On Jun 13, 2013
outc@st:
^^^

Since that's what you want for yourself then good. Enjoy your tithe paying.

Why should he not keep the idea to himself ?

Or, is he a tithe collector/beneficiary ?
Re: Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money by PastorKun(m): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2013
uncle2010: Brethren, do you pay tithe on borrowed money.

In the first place there is no biblical requirement to pay tithes on even earned money how much less borrowed money.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money by PastorKun(m): 11:48am On Jun 13, 2013
uncle2010: Not only I feel the need but is very necessary. And not only because of the benefits but also because GOD commanded us to do so.

God never commanded us christians to tithe of our money or income. Even the jews that received the commandment to tithe never tithed money.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money by DrummaBoy(m): 4:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
uncle2010: Brethren, do you pay tithe on borrowed money.

The tithe question will continually shur up questions like this and we find them endless on nairaland.

Do You pay tithe on borrowed money?

Do you tithe money won on lottery?

Do you tithe the money your boyfriend/manfriend gives you?

Do you tithe ransom money collected from a kidnapped victim?

Do you tithe stolen cash?

Do you tithe if you are not born-again?

Do you tithe if you have unconfessed sin in your life?

ETC.

My cousin approached me one day after arriving from night vigil and asked me if it was neccesary for him to still say his morning prayer/devotion after returning from an all night prayer meeting. I cannot remember what I said to him in response but question like his and that of the OP shows the legalistic nature the tithe certainly must be.

We have had some who come here and say they tithe following Abraham's example and that the tithe is worship to God: honoring God will our firstfruits. But I found this scriptures in Acts 17

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

And then that scripture in Romans 8

Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

The above scriptures show us in the first case that God cannot be worshipped with the works of our hands; for the Athenians it was not worshipping God with idols; for us it is not worshipping God with the things we think we can do, be it tithing or otherwise. In the latter scripture, we see that God gives us all things freely, having given us his Son. This is grace. Free giving. Our response to it is not to ballance it up with holy living or tithing but to freely give ourselves back to God. The fallen heart always wants to ballance account with God; the heart that enjoys grace does not ballance any account, but freely enjoys it while he is sold out to God in holiness and love.

How does this answer the OP's question. Truth is there is no do this, or don't do this law in the NT. A man who has come under the influence of Jesus grace, will have the Spirit of holiness withing him and that Spirit will direct him in life. It was the same thing that happened with Saul. When Samuel annointed him, he told Saul to go and do whatever is in his heart for God was with him. If God Spirit is in our hearts he will lead us on what to do. It will never be on a legalistic path of do this or do that; but doing as one is led of God: that is where grace giving and not tithing comes in.

We must all come to maturity and enter the lifestyle of Sons that do not need one to dictate to them what they must do but who have God's laws in their heart to lead them on what to do.

In addition to all this, there are no NT injuction that calls gentile Christian like you and I to tithe. But if God is leading you to give a percentage of your money, borrowed or not borrowed, it will be for that time only. I do not believe it will be a permanent thing.

Hope you got something from all this.

(1) (Reply)

Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. / That You Asked God And God Answered Does Not Mean You Asked For The Best Thing / Can A Church Change One's Character?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.