Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,246 members, 7,780,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:29 PM

Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) (18963 Views)

Onyinyechi Ironkwe Wins Miss Niger Delta 2015 Queen (photos) / Amazing Transformation Of Ghanaian Beauty Queen / Fashion Face Off: Nicole Richie Vs Erin Wasson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Cestmoi1(f): 9:25am On Jun 13, 2013

The newest Miss Iowa has been named and she only has one arm.

Nicole Kelly took the crown Saturday after a 3-day competition in Davenport, Iowa. She will go on to compete for the Miss America crown in September.

Kelly, 23, hails from the Hawkeye State town of Keokuk. She intends to use the coveted platform of the Miss America competition to discuss overcoming disabilities.

As I grew up I learned to counterbalance the initial stares I received from people with an outgoing personality that would not give into "no,”’ writes Kelly in her official Miss Iowa biography. ‘This means that I tried everything.

‘From baseball, to dance, to diving - there is nothing I would not try. I found my passion within a world where I was giving people permission to stare: the stage.’

Kelly took her passion to the next level when she enrolled at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and began studying theatre.

The young beauty graduated in May 2012 and now hopes for a career as a Broadway stage manager.

Despite her obvious strength and initiative, Kelly’s new role as Miss Iowa is as big a surprise to her as it is to anyone.

‘If you would have told me a year ago that "pageant queen" was in my future I would have laughed,’ she writes. ‘So maybe I didn't see this path coming my direction, but now that I am here I can see it is a perfect fit and I feel so blessed to have been surrounded by people who have encouraged my steps.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2339239/One-armed-woman-says-loves-giving-people-permission-stare-wins-Miss-Iowa-2013.html#ixzz2W64TM4RT

3 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Afam4eva(m): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2013
She's beautiful without an arm.
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by martyns303(m): 9:50am On Jun 13, 2013
She's fine no doubt, plus she seems to smile a lot but there's possibility the judges judgements were clouded by emotions.

15 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by nikkyshyne(f): 11:17am On Jun 13, 2013
martyns303: She's fine no doubt, plus she seems to smile a lot but there's possibility the judges judgements were clouded by emotions.
I agree. She looks like a disney princess villain in the 2nd pix though.

2 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Afam4eva(m): 11:21am On Jun 13, 2013
martyns303: She's fine no doubt, plus she seems to smile a lot but there's possibility the judges judgements were clouded by emotions.
You're saying there's a probability that the judges were clouded by emotions because she's handicapped. You won't be saying so if she had both hands. I think she's beautiful enough to be Miss Anywhere.

12 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by tjskii(f): 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
Wow inspiring

1 Like

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Baro(m): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
Truly inspiring!
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
Damn!! cheesy

I am smitten! She is a sight to behold
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by yuzedo: 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
Sentimental decision... undecided
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by effisyman: 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
They choose her out of pity.

1 Like

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by deshclones(m): 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
Afam4eva: She's beautiful without an arm.

o boy the speed with which you comment on virtually every thread is amazing...you are usually the first to comment on 80% of threads on this forum... shocked shocked shocked shocked

pls how do you do it?....just asking though

10 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
she's nyanshable without an arm undecided

1 Like

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Salmoneus(m): 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
This proves if you're white you can do all things!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by chassity002: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
lucenzo: she's nyanshable without an arm undecided

Na wah for you ooo...

1 Like

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
Wao she is hot,happy she won
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Eazeee(m): 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
Allahu akbar. *## looking 4 my machete 2 offer allah dis lovely head##*
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Systemguru: 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
Taa.... i wont comment Till you report me to my oga at the top
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by slimyem: 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
She is beautiful. She found strength in her disability.smiley
I agree the judges may have been swayed by the disablity though..

1 Like

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Caracta(f): 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're saying there's a probability that the judges were clouded by emotions because she's handicapped. You won't be saying so if she had both hands. I think she's beautiful enough to be Miss Anywhere.
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Ping411: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
Damn! She's cute!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
System guru: Taa.... i wont comment Till you report me to my oga at the top
dryyy angry

2 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
If na hausa girl, she for don become beggar tey tey. I like her courage and the confidence she has in herself. Very good

3 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
Awww what an inspiration for those with or without one disability or the other. She must be really confident. It takes a lot for people like her to step out in the limelight because it is not easy at all. I'm inspired. kiss kiss cool
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Eneze1(f): 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
she's beautiful, she surely deserves to win, hope this serve as an inspiration to those with disability especially in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by 50calibre(m): 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
She looks like Chelsea handler
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by premlove(m): 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
deshclones:

o boy the speed with which you comment on virtually every thread is amazing...you are usually the first to comment on 80% of threads on this forum... shocked shocked shocked shocked

he is just jobless

2 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
Beautiful woman..well deserved

1 Like

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by slimyem: 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
deshclones:

cheesy
...you are not the only one who's noticed.
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by slimyem: 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
disabled people get special treatment everywhere.What will naturally not be accomodated or tolerated from normal people will be overlooked for her.

1 Like

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by johnstar(m): 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
deshclones:

I guess he is jobless undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by onila(f): 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
deshclones:

grin
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Hunkyimage(m): 4:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
Eazee-e:
Allahu akbar. *## looking 4 my machete 2 offer allah dis lovely head##*
Na wao,un2 boko tingz,shey?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Top 5 Pageant & Event Organisers In Abuja (Pictures) / Out of Stock!!! / Memos Of A Fashion Apprentice(fashion Designing And Tailors)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.