Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew (48961 Views)

Usefulness Of A Toothpaste / 10 Things You Never Knew You Could Do With Toothpaste / 15 Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Shayooluwah(m): 11:06am On Sep 19, 2013
Dis guy go increase market 4 close up and co
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by blaise26abj(m): 11:08am On Sep 19, 2013
15. It complements Bread

When butter , margarine and jam are difficult to obtain, and hunger dey nack u akpaco, spread evenly on sliced bread.Don't forget to wash down with a chilled bottle of Listerine cheesy cheesy grin

PS. It does not work with Agege bread. grin wink

2 Likes

Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 19, 2013
Slimfitgen: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Could Ever Imagine

You’ll be amazed to know how many benefits an ordinary toothpaste can provide. You can start considering your toothpaste a “Magic tube” because the miracles it can do for you are simply unbelievable.

The origin of toothpaste can be traced back to ancient Egyptian civilization when a mixture of myrrh, burned eggshells, pumice, ox-hoof ash and water was used for the first time to keep the teeth clean. The formulae got fame under the name of toothpaste in 1850s. The first collapsible toothpaste tube was introduced by Dr. Washington Sheffield in London in 1892. His son brought the idea from artists in Paris who used oil paints in metallic tubes. Later in 1896 Clogate and Company made the imitation of Sheffield’s collapsible tubes under the name of Colagte Ribbon Dental Cream.

The primary function of toothpaste is to maintain oral health; it keeps the cavities away and protects you from gum diseases. It is recommended to brush your teeth twice a day for at least 3 minutes. Ok! Enough with the use of toothpaste for teeth! It’s about time you take it out of your washroom and use it around your home. Don’t know how?

Here is how you can make use of this “Magic tube”:

1. Tooth paste as a hand sanitizer
Want to make your hands germ free? Take a drop of toothpaste and mix it with a little water, apply this mixture to your hands. The mixture would not only work as a disinfectant but would also help you get rid of the dreadful smell of the onions and garlic if you have diced one.

Piano Cleaner
Constant tickling on the ivory piano keys can turn them dirty. You can clean them up, the same way you clean your teeth. All you need is a brush and toothpaste, brush the keys of the piano well and then rub them with a damp cloth. If toothpaste can work on human teeth, it can also work well on elephant’s teeth (ivory). Toothpaste is equally good as a cleaner for modern pianos with plastic keys.

2. Fix Nail Holes
We know nail holes make your walls look bad and you might need some professional help to fix them. Wait! Try toothpaste. You can easily fill the nail holes with toothpaste, let it dry and touch it up with paint. Problem solved!

3. Excellent Stain Remover for Clothes
Ink, lipstick, ketchup! Dropped them on clothes? Don’t worry! Toothpaste will make these stains vanish in a minute. Just apply some tooth paste on these tough stains, scrub them, rinse well and poof! They are gone.
You can even clean up your carpet stains with the help of toothpaste in the same way.

4. Quick Remedy for Pimples
Need a quick remedy to treat those pimples? Simple! Apply toothpaste on the pimple at night and wash it in the morning. By morning, it will be gone. Toothpaste effectively absorbs the oil from the pimples, making them dry and flattens them. Keep in mind that this remedy shouldn’t be used more than once a week as it can make your skin over dry. Also do a patch test before applying as some people might get skin irritation by using it.

5. Makes your CDs Scratch less
Oops! There’s a scratch on your important CD. No problem! Put some toothpaste on it and wipe it off with a piece of clean cloth.

6. Tooth paste as Jewelry and Cutlery Cleane[/b]r
Now you don’t need to take your gold and diamond jewelry to the jewelry store to get them polished when you have toothpaste at your home. Take some toothpaste and brush your piece of jewelry with an old tooth brush, rinse with water. It will make them sparkling clean. You can clean up your silver cutlery in the similar way.

7. [b]Can serve as your shoe polish

Toothpaste can serve as your shoe polish. It can help remove scuffs from your leather shoes. Apply some of it on the area that has been scuffed and rub it with a soft piece of cloth, then wipe off with a clean damp cloth. Your shoes will turn good as new. It can also clean the rubber area of your fleets or sneakers.

8. Works as crayon remover from walls
Your little one has been showing his art skills by drawing on the walls? Now you don’t need to cover that with paint. Just apply a little toothpaste on the area where crayons have been used and rub it with a damp rag.

9. Deodorize Baby Bottles
Baby bottles develop sour milk smell after being used constantly. To deodorize your baby’s bottle use a little toothpaste and scrub it really well with the bottle brush. Make sure you rinse it thoroughly afterwards.

10. Effective for Burns and Insect Bites
People working in kitchen usually get their fingers or hands burnt. Unfortunately, if it happens next time, put some toothpaste on the affected area. The key component, Eucalyptus found in toothpastes will soothe the burns. (Personal experience)
Insect bites are causing you itchiness? Apply some toothpaste over it. Toothpaste works well for flea, ants and mosquito bites.

11. Nail Cleaner
Next time you can do your manicure at home. At least you won’t need a professional help to fix your nails. The teeth and nails are made up of similar material. So just the way you clean your teeth you can clean your nails as well. Just switch your tooth brush with a nail brush and clean up those nails thoroughly.

12. Works as a Defogger
Professional swimmers use toothpaste to defog their swimming goggles. Just apply some toothpaste and rub with a clean damp cloth, they will turn clear.

13. Sticks Posters
Can’t find glue to paste those posters on the wall? No worries. Stick them up with toothpaste; it won’t even damage your walls.

14. Removes water marks
Need to get rid of those water mark rings that have spoiled your furniture? Use toothpaste. Rub the mark with soft cloth and it’ll be gone in a few seconds.

http://richsourceentertainment..com/2013/06/things-you-can-do-with-toothpaste-that.html?spref=tw
Unbelieveable!!

1 Like

Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2013
nice one
incredible
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by collynzo2(m): 11:16am On Sep 19, 2013
It can also be used to remove ''burn'' stains from your pressing iron, just apply tooth paste on the affected area and use an old tooth brush to wipe off the stains, then flush with water.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by olarkaycee(m): 11:19am On Sep 19, 2013
can also be use to clean up the scum on electric pressing iron
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by kolamilan(m): 11:21am On Sep 19, 2013
addictiv: rem when i applied toothpaste on my face to cure pimples, slept with it over night and woke up only to have my pillow case stain with toothpaste.....so i decided to apply powder on top of the toothpaste to stop it from rubing on my pillow.....after a few days of doing this i woke up one morning with a caked face.....it took the intervention of a herbal juice to return it to normal under one week
may be you apply it in excess. your monicker sef.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:21am On Sep 19, 2013
kobenol: shocked
...and dance Akpako! grin grin grin
hahahahahahahahaha grin
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Youngpo413: 11:24am On Sep 19, 2013
Herbal toothpaste
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by chukham(m): 11:27am On Sep 19, 2013
grin grin used for masturbation. So i heard o.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Olawaleslimfit(m): 11:35am On Sep 19, 2013
Greg opara: You can also make explosives from toothpaste.
True that. Cos i remembered i saw a boko guy with two tubes of closeup....... grin
Greg opara: You can also make explosives from toothpaste.
True that. Cos i remembered i saw a boko guy with t tubes of closeup.......
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by rezzy: 11:41am On Sep 19, 2013
Gwekzy: 9 pple liked dis Anyways dem dey applaud ur mumu-ism

Cant you see she edited her post? Check below her, somebody quoted her before she edited it.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2013
Pls and pls, do not apply toothpastes on wounds biko
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by 3nairalandcom: 11:50am On Sep 19, 2013
cheers
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by akhis: 11:54am On Sep 19, 2013
Smartsyn: In the absense of Vaseline, it can be used as a lubricant

ha oga na wa for u
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by vemelike: 11:56am On Sep 19, 2013
waooooooooooooo..... but is it all tooptpastes?//// smiley
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by tosenj(m): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2013
someone shld pls create a thread on cloth starch cause all these ones that I've been using are nt quite effective enuf
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by DEGREE2466(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
goldfish80:
8 likes for a fullstop?

guess you did not read the comments below her to see her initial post before she modified it so next time please read well before attacking and if you must know she is the first person that posted about removing stains on electric iron with toothpaste.

As for others insinuating; will she know who likes her post?

At OP thats a good info
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by akhis: 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
Lamasta: @OP can I use it as Hair cream? Jus asking

definitely yes but ensure its macleans
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Ninilowo(m): 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
Smartsyn: In the absense of Vaseline, it can be used as a lubricant
I hope it is not what am thinking.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Ninilowo(m): 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
arcbabe: i just used my tooth paste which is maclean to clean my iron but it did'nt work
The pressing iron must be hot too.

1 Like

Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Johnsonpac(m): 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
grin
addictiv: rem when i applied toothpaste on my face to cure pimples, slept with it over night and woke up only to have my pillow case stain with toothpaste.....so i decided to apply powder on top of the toothpaste to stop it from rubing on my pillow.....after a few days of doing this i woke up one morning with a caked face.....it took the intervention of a herbal juice to return it to normal under one week
Ɣ☺u 4got †̥☺ add little flames †̥☺ get it baked Απϑ ready Fơя eatin....
Lol
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by jhidey08(m): 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
U can use it to clean ur ears too, jst dip ur cotton bud inside d tube and inserted straight to ur ears, repeat d action 5tyms and d way u'll b hearing wil neva remain d same again. Thanx 4d Info Op.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by saddler: 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: .
its only in nairaland that people get likes for just posting a dot.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by kunlekuz3: 12:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Asorwood(m): 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
Waooowh..
Hop our Ibo broda will nt make 1 dsz days n calls it
"Magicl MultiFunctional Toothpast"
Lol!!!!!
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Revolva(m): 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
tootpaste .......a friend use it to jerk off.....when e were in the uni those dayz.... cheesy cheesy
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by ifyfaith: 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
Op,tanx. Dis na bookmarking tinz o
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by abacusCm(m): 12:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
Is it all toothpaste that can do this?bcs there are different toothpaste in market with little different in contents.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by devour129: 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
nikkyshyne: Really? cool
yes
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by AbuMikey(m): 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2013
Austeenxx: undecided
Your Signature tho cheesycheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) / Big Python Killed At FGGC Staff Quarters Calabar (pix) / Gas Explosion Rocks Kaduna, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.