Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. (4668 Views)

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. / Choice Of Engine Oil ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. by juliuskay(m): 10:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
pls, i need help am using EOD 2005 model i discover dat the engine oil is always short after some km drive. i use mobile engine oil for service and i ave check around the engine no linkage and it not somking. i call my mechanic to check, he check it and said may be will change d engine oil. pls what wil i do i need ur advise expert.
Re: Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. by JUO(m): 9:29am On Jun 14, 2013
ave check around the engine no linkage and it not somking
e don disappear, so where the oil follow comot? lol. be serious, your engine dey smoke. maybe you are expecting to see smoke coming out from the exhaust, what is the mileage? i guess it should be over 250000km..... make sure you top the oil often.
Re: Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. by JW214: 9:59am On Jun 14, 2013
I have a friend whose car EOD 2005 behaves like this. He bought the car about 3 months ago, the 1st service, he used GOLF engine Oil, the oil dried off after about 3500km, he changed to TOTAL, at 2000km now as advised(same rating as previous),as at last week the engine oil is half the guage.

I have checked the car personally after drive nd early in the morning, the engine doesn't smoke and no physical leak, the only thing I haven't done is to run a check on the car history to know its previous issues. Please house what could be the cause?
Re: Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. by Marpol: 10:18am On Jun 14, 2013
There is a leak somewhere. Your mechanics are lazy.
Re: Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. by cretin: 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2013
what is the true mileage of the car...i mean true mileage and not the rolled back mileage that naija and cotonu cars sellers are found of putting..

u just said mobil oil...u didnt specify the brand/viscosity.....mobil has lots of oil. low viscosity oils like mobil1 isnt recommended for high mileage engines .>greater than 150k miles as the engine clearance is too wide/seals are not holding any more..thus the low viscous oil will be getting whipped into the cylinders and burning up...this is a perfectly harmless situation...the only remedy is to top up the oil periodically or use thicker/more viscous oil like 15w 40, 20w 50 etc

3 Likes

Re: Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. by juliuskay(m): 10:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
The milrage is 58845km pls help me.
Re: Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. by juliuskay(m): 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
The mileage is 588345km thank you.
Re: Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. by JUO(m): 6:44am On Jun 15, 2013
The mileage is 588345km thank you. this na naija mileage. i mean the real mileage
Re: Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. by earthrealm(m): 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2013
WHAT IS THE TRUE mileage 588345km or 58845km?
if its 588345km...then its on the very very high side...its really a miracle that the car is still serving you....u really shudnt use mobil1. u shud use 20w 50 oils that r thicker.......if the mileage is 58845km...then i doubt that mileage....its very very unlikely that an 05 car will have such a low mileage....i would be lead to believe that the mileage was reduced/rolled back by the fraudulent sells you bought the car from.
Re: Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. by juliuskay(m): 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
this eod was park for up to two years, tge owner stay in usa, she dont use the car like that only come to nigeria, the mileage was not roll back.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Camry Engine And Gear Box 1999 Or 2000 / Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) A Best Alternative To Petrol / Toyota Camry 2007 LE To XLE Rear AC Vent Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.