Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections (2139 Views)

Okorocha And Wife Seated On The Roof Of Their Car During The Campaign Period / PDP Calls For Imo Guber Cancellation / Photos: Two Nigerian Newspapers Make March 28 Projections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by gbanikiti(m): 8:27am On Jun 14, 2013
If Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state continues the way he went about the last two years of
his administration, there would virtually be nothing to contest for in 2015. Okorocha is
consolidating. He may not be a saint or unblemished, but he has taking the right political path by
starving the god-fathers and concentrating on delivering democracy dividends to Imolites. This is
the dividing line between him and Ohakim. Ohakim spent his four years servicing god-fathers. His
foray to PDP made Imo the ‘mugu’ of PDP National leaders as his battle with the Abuja forces cost
Imo State an avoidable waste of Naira in Billions.
Conversely however, the decision of Okorocha not to have tried joining PDP has saved Imo so much money which would
have gone into servicing the PDP machinary. Okorocha therefore had enough money to do things on ground which could be
seen, felt and observed. I am not saying that Okorocha is a saint, but the truth of the matter remains that if your chopping
outweighs the works, you have failed, but if your works outweighs the chopping then we can forgive the chopping. Okorocha
has done the latter.
This man must have understudied Ohakim’s follies. It took Okorocha less than two years to correct his mistakes when it
seemed he has lost it. Today, the New Market traders and other artisans who voted him into power are feeling his dividends.
Everyday, the man is in the streets of Imo, supervising and flagging of new projects. Massive construction everywhere in the
state. It is hard to say nothing is happening in Imo State. And just within two years. If Ohakim did the much as Okorocha has
done in two years, Imo would have gone very far.
I am overwhelmed by the harvest of projects in Imo. Granted that I am one strong critic of this government, but I ve got to
accept the truth that removing this man’s controversies, he has performed creditably well. If this trend continues the way it
is going, only one man can stop Okorocha from a second term and that person is “Okorocha himself”.

Ikeokwu writes in from Owerri.

http://crimefacts.org/okorocha-and-the-2015-imo-guber-projections-by-kissinger-ikeokwu/
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by preetymabel: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2013
@ikoku let me first of advice you,all these praise you are showering on Rochas will not make u a head in his community government Which was a foolish idea.
Neither will he make you his assistant and make your opinion count.
Neither will your effort be recognised. He will use you and dump you just like he did the former Imo Deputy Governor.soooo be care full
Now the correction I need to make pls incase if ur praises yields fruit and by commit ion or ommission u get to him.tell him to pay ur local contractors and if he feels he has money for strong jobs let him call J Berger
And he should stop all this his political nonsense cos it won't get him any wea in the next election unless he wants to lobby his way.and always know that Imo people wil eat ur money and mess you up.at least he should not be told about this one cos it was actually the government that brought him into power. Ikoku you are a Political rat wait until your own vaccine is made.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2013
preetymabel: @ikoku let me first of advice you,all these praise you are showering on Rochas will not make u a head in his community government Which was a foolish idea.
Neither will he make you his assistant and make your opinion count.
Neither will your effort be recognised. He will use you and dump you just like he did the former Imo Deputy Governor.soooo be care full
Now the correction I need to make pls incase if ur praises yields fruit and by commit ion or ommission u get to him.tell him to pay ur local contractors and if he feels he has money for strong jobs let him call J Berger
And he should stop all this his political nonsense cos it won't get him any wea in the next election unless he wants to lobby his way.and always know that Imo people wil eat ur money and mess you up.at least he should not be told about this one cos it was actually the government that brought him into power. Ikoku you are a Political rat wait until your own vaccine is made.
Why not prove that Rochas is not performing in Imo rather than attack the writer, this attitude of attacking whoever does not support your views is getting out of hand. Have we got no more morals? Is it so difficult to table your own views?

We seem to be intellectually lazy this days and the easy way out is always the best solution.

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by gbanikiti(m): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
Obiagelli:
Why not prove that Rochas is not performing in Imo rather than attack the writer, this attitude of attacking whoever does not support your views is getting out of hand. Have we got no more morals? Is it so difficult to table your own views?

We seem to be intellectually lazy this days and the easy way out is the best solution.
Oby, abeg help me tell the mofo! The thing tire me i swear! grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by Onyegecha(f): 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
In Imo, the rule of thumb is that the more you look, the less you see. I advise all those who are dreaming of seeing Rochas in the Douglas house beyond 2015 to try and look beyond the surface. The raw truth is that Imo state is burning while the world cheers. Virtually every sector of the state is in coma. The citizens are groaning under the burden of hardship. The public service is getting set for another strike action to press for their rightful entitlements which have been put in the cooler since the rescue mission madness started. Imo workers receive about the lowest salary in the country, but the world has been made to think differently. All the communities in the state are embroiled in crises because of the so-called community govt council. No single system is working except road construction in some selected areas. Imolites must shine their eyes because something really sinister is happening in the government house right now.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by DerideGull(m): 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
If Alhaji Rochas Okorocha has slightly performed in the Imo State as his delusional praise singers would want us to believe, they would have flooded NL with videos, not pictures, of ojionu’s achievements. Only fools such as Ikeokwu who can not differentiate grave diggers from mere road construction workers can write such praises for jackass like Alhaji from Ogboko.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by gbanikiti(m): 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
Haters representing... oga m bu Deridegull, ana m ekele o! cheesy cheesy
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by Not2bee: 2:45am On Jun 15, 2013
Pls all those who come here to praise rochas should not make me place a cause on them. What development is he doing. On road construction he is only excavating the land every where nd filling it with red sand then abandong them. The ones completed re so substandard because he is using incompetent contrctors.They are only good in constructing round abouts. The so called free education is a joke,of what benefits is free education if the students don't have condusve learning environment,the so called imported classroom blocks re still in the containers nd teachers re not well empowered nd trained . Instead u give the pupils #100per month as allowance for what,is this feeding allowance. Most of the general hospitals constructions are abandoned. Infact the other day the women in umuaka had to protest with a coffin for there mrt that was pulled down, and in the plan of rebuilding it, is been sold at high price to those that can afford it. In amakauhia, residents had to protest by blocking the road for the flood that besieged them from abandoned road projects. Pls what are these loudable projects in imo state. I hope is not all these white elephant project in owerri that will not contribute any meaningful economic importance to the common pple of imo. Pls, his advicers shd tell him he must contest 2015,he is not going for Abuja seat. Imo pple must pay him back come 2015 for deceiving them just as we did to ohakim. Finally, someone shld tell him that in this present economy, u can not achieve anything without proper budgeting nd adhering to ur budget,whr necessary u adjust. And not jumping into everything nd achievg nothing
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by madamoringo(f): 3:41am On Jun 15, 2013
The truth is finally coming out. SE governors are merely sleeping and the people to hold them to account are helping the Yoruba South West hold Governors Aregbesola, Ajimobi, Fashola to account who in turn set even higher standards for themselves to beat the next day/week/month....making their states ever more vibrant and attractive. I hope Rochas understands that by joining the progressive SW is not enough! He must emulate their daunting and ambitious projects and performance to earn the respect of his people, Nigerians and his peer governors! If he doesn't, I hope he does not cry and become disappointed if he is not found worthy of higher responsibilities and office in the APC.

Ibos, hold your governors to account! Stop going on about with your phantom excuse of "ibos are republicans", ibo nwe eze, etc. Even animals have leadership and organization, you cannot be more republican than the whole world! Obi is asleep. Chime is silent whether sick or not. Ebonyi still get governor so? Orji is a permanent write off by you ibos yourselves talk less of Northerners who are doing their thing, Jonathan who doesn't give a damn about what all Nigerians think. The Yorubas are faaaarrrr too busy developing every inch of their land, but are kind enough to let you live in their prosperous ancestral huge lands but you spend a your waking moments criticizing them but they are so magnanimous, they let you stay. Of course, you must pay your taxes and obey our laws, clean our lands, build it up but still a mother knows how many children her actually hers! Go and also develop your own land, covetousness of our lands and resources will only leave you empty handed like it did in the past. If I wanted to be selfish, why would I tell you the secret to also build your own house? Yorubas are large hearted and we are happy to see others also making progress! Ibos be wise!

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by pistol: 7:23am On Jun 15, 2013
DerideGull: If Alhaji Rochas Okorocha has slightly performed in the Imo State as his delusional praise singers would want us to believe, they would have flooded NL with videos, not pictures, of ojionu’s achievements. Only fools such a Ikeokwu who can not differentiate grave diggers from mere road construction workers can write such praises for jackass like Alhaji from Ogboko.

Shattap there.
I have got something productive to do with my time.
Every is productive and not jobless like eko ile who has to validate himself by spamming nairaland with irrelevant pictures of nonsense from his paymasters.
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by tawa89(f): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2013
I don't like Rochas' fraternization with APC. I will not vote for APC and for someone like me that campaigned against him during the last elections i would be totally dishonest if i say Rochas is not the best governor this country has seen for a very long time. Imo state has no special status. They aint as rich as Lagos and Akwa ibom yet Okorocha's 2yrs in power is everything i never even imagined. I saw thick bushes not just dilapidated roads been reconstructed, i mean thick bushes cleared and new double lane roads complete with sidewalks and street lights . The kind of developmental strides this man is undertaking in Imo should be a case study on what good governance is all about. Have any1 seen the new Owerri city school? Even Amaechi's schools in PH doesnt even come close and that school is free for everyone. I went to orlu 2months ago i was totally marvelled at what i saw. You might miss ur father's compound in Orlu same thing in Okigwe zone. The funniest part is that people dont know where he gets the money he uses to develop Imo. Those thick bushes along Owerri-Aba road have been cleared with atleast four industries opening up there. I don't like his politics but i can't deny the fact he is the best. Its mostly*APGA -APC ish* Anambra folks or disgruntled Ohakim lackeys that have bad things to say about his administration . I think he has the right to choose any party he desires and the people to associate with.
I personally think Rochas' Administration is more than Owelle . It is more than an idea. Rochas is a movement.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by ifechez: 9:08am On Jun 15, 2013
Obiagelli:

We seem to be intellectually lazy this days and the easy way out is always the best solution.

You old Yoruba hag, let me sound it into ur oilly amala and ewedu head. Okorocha anayo owelle is not a yaribaman but IGBO. I don't know when you guys suddenly became his friend despite the fact he is IGBO. Onye of ose
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by ifechez: 9:10am On Jun 15, 2013
gbanikiti: Oby, abeg help me tell the mofo! The thing tire me i swear! grin

Even you that is not in Imo state
He is not performing, period.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by tawa89(f): 9:13am On Jun 15, 2013
DerideGull: If Alhaji Rochas Okorocha has slightly performed in the Imo State as his delusional praise singers would want us to believe, they would have flooded NL with videos, not pictures, of ojionu’s achievements. Only fools such a Ikeokwu who can not differentiate grave diggers from mere road construction workers can write such praises for jackass like Alhaji from Ogboko.
LOL Dede relax Rochas is a good man. I think he has the right to associate with any1 he chooses .You have being away for a long time i think. If other governors in other states are commissioning STREET LIGHTS, Owelle puts them without inviting the press and without any fanfare. People in Imo keep asking where he got all the money he uses to develop Imo. This is the only Governor in this country that gives his security vote of about 6billion naira back to the people inform of free and compulsory education .No governor in this country does that. So Dede sheath your sword.
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by ifechez: 9:19am On Jun 15, 2013
Not2bee: Pls all those who come here to praise rochas should not make me place a cause on them. What development is he doing. On road construction he is only excavating the land every where nd filling it with red sand then abandong them. The ones completed re so substandard because he is using incompetent contrctors.They are only good in constructing round abouts. The so called free education is a joke,of what benefits is free education if the students don't have condusve learning environment

Thank,the so called imported classroom blocks re still in the containers nd teachers re not well empowered nd trained . Instead u give the pupils #100per month as allowance for what,is this feeding allowance. Most of the general hospitals constructions are abandoned. Infact the other day the women in umuaka had to protest with a coffin for there mrt that was pulled down, and in the plan of rebuilding it, is been sold at high price to those that can afford it. In amakauhia, residents had to protest by blocking the road for the flood that besieged them from abandoned road projects. Pls what are these loudable projects in imo state. I hope is not all these white elephant project in owerri that will not contribute any meaningful economic importance to the common pple of imo. Pls, his advicers shd tell him he must contest 2015,he is not going for Abuja seat. Imo pple must pay him back come 2015 for deceiving them just as we did to ohakim. Finally, someone shld tell him that in this present economy, u can not achieve anything without proper budgeting nd adhering to ur budget,whr necessary u adjust. And not jumping into everything nd achievg nothing

Thank you my brother. And 1 million like for this post.
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by tomakint: 9:42am On Jun 15, 2013
Even deep down in the heart of the sly Okorocha, he knew he is 'playing to the gallery' especially before the naive-minded ones so as to score some political cheap points! To me, Okorocha still fairs better as a philanthrophist than a politician! in the game of politics, Okorocha is just a schemer not a reformer! Imolites beware cool
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by gbanikiti(m): 10:53am On Jun 15, 2013
tawa89: LOL Dede relax Rochas is a good man. I think he has the right to associate with any1 he chooses .You have being away for a long time i think. If other governors in other states are commissioning STREET LIGHTS, Owelle puts them without inviting the press and without any fanfare. People in Imo keep asking where he got all the money he uses to develop Imo. This is the only Governor in this country that gives his security vote of about 6billion naira back to the people inform of free and compulsory education .No governor in this country does that. So Dede sheath your sword.
What do you expect from a die hard hater of Rochas whose avenue to loot the state treasury has been completely blocked by Rochas? No matter how you try and talk sense into his brain, he will keep on hating! cheesy
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by Afam4eva(m): 10:59am On Jun 15, 2013
I think the writer is on point. Should Rochas agree to contest for a second term, it would be a massacre for other candidates. There's no contest.
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by gbanikiti(m): 11:10am On Jun 15, 2013
Afam4eva: I think the writer is on point. Should Rochas agree to contest for a second term, it would be a massacre for other candidates. There's no contest.
You have spoken well! I thought you will misyarn as usual but your head correct today. Thank God for your life! cheesy
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 15, 2013
for those saying rochas has done nothing, abians are begging for an exchange..take T.A ORJI and give them Rochas.When this happens imolite will know what under-performance truly is.IMOLITEs we are lucky, Abians wish they had our governor.
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by gbanikiti(m): 11:49am On Jun 15, 2013
chuks01: for those saying rochas has done nothing, abians are begging for an exchange..take T.A ORJI and give them Rochas.When this happens imolite will know what under-performance truly is.IMOLITEs we are lucky, Abians wish they had our governor.
GBAM! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE UNTIL YOU LOOSE IT. cool
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
ifechez:

You old Yoruba hag, let me sound it into ur oilly amala and ewedu head. Okorocha anayo owelle is not a yaribaman but IGBO. I don't know when you guys suddenly became his friend despite the fact he is IGBO. Onye of ose
You should learn to respect others and their views, it will go a long way in shaping your future.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by DerideGull(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
tawa89: I don't like Rochas' fraternization with APC. I will not vote for APC and for someone like me that campaigned against him during the last elections i would be totally dishonest if i say Rochas is not the best governor this country has seen for a very long time. Imo state has no special status. They aint as rich as Lagos and Akwa ibom yet Okorocha's 2yrs in power is everything i never even imagined. I saw thick bushes not just dilapidated roads been reconstructed, i mean thick bushes cleared and new double lane roads complete with sidewalks and street lights . The kind of developmental strides this man is undertaking in Imo should be a case study on what good governance is all about. Have any1 seen the new Owerri city school? Even Amaechi's schools in PH doesnt even come close and that school is free for everyone. I went to orlu 2months ago i was totally marvelled at what i saw. You might miss ur father's compound in Orlu same thing in Okigwe zone. The funniest part is that people dont know where he gets the money he uses to develop Imo. Those thick bushes along Owerri-Aba road have been cleared with atleast four industries opening up there. I don't like his politics but i can't deny the fact he is the best. Its mostly*APGA -APC ish* Anambra folks or disgruntled Ohakim lackeys that have bad things to say about his administration . I think he has the right to choose any party he desires and the people to associate with.
I personally think Rochas' Administration is more than Owelle . It is more than an idea. Rochas is a movement.

I have long realized the major problem in Nigeria is centered on the so-called educated ones among us. It is funny that a praise singer of Alhaji Rochas Okorocha will cite Aba-Owerre road, a federal road, as achievement of the Ojioun 1 of Imo State and blindly forgot to mention Owerre-Okigwe road, a federal road, was impassable because the same Ojionu claimed it was federal road.

A canny attempt to avoid the mess on Owerre-Okigwe road while on his way to his village, Alhaji had to use Owerre-Umuahia road where he unfortunately ran into Senator Chris Anyanwu who was on her way to the village in Mbaise. Folks guess what, fracas ensured between the senator and Ojionu governor of Imo State who tried to run away from his mandated responsibilities.
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by DerideGull(m): 1:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
tawa89: LOL Dede relax Rochas is a good man. I think he has the right to associate with any1 he chooses .You have being away for a long time i think. If other governors in other states are commissioning STREET LIGHTS, Owelle puts them without inviting the press and without any fanfare. People in Imo keep asking where he got all the money he uses to develop Imo. This is the only Governor in this country that gives his security vote of about 6billion naira back to the people inform of free and compulsory education .No governor in this country does that. So Dede sheath your sword.

I have always tried to avoid blind argument with my brothers and sisters who seemed to have been taken by the political shenanigans of street touts such as Alhaji Rochas Okorocha. It is unfortunate characters such as you have been drowned by the blatant falsehood about Alhaji Rochas Okorocha giving up his security vote. If he has remotely done so, ADAPALM, ITC, Imo State Printing, etc would have been run by the indigenes of Imo State.

Imo State government gets allocation from federal government which included UBE and local government funds. One wonders what Alhaji R. Okorocha does with the fund since he has destroyed the local government system in Imo State. The UBE scheme takes care of free education in Imo State. Why has the price tag for certain scholastic forms increased in Imo State if the street tout in Okorocha has given up a slight portion of his so-called security vote?

Alhaji Rochas Okorocha of Imo State can fool most of the citizens of the state but not all. It is foolhardy to inject the instances of STREET LIGHTS in a discussion about development in place where there is no electricity.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by ifechez: 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
Obiagelli:
You should learn to respect others and their views, it will go a long way in shaping your future.

Hey!!! ur view is not needed here. To the left that's where it will count. Tamx
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by Abagworo(m): 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
DerideGull:

I have always tried to avoid blind argument with my brothers and sisters who seemed to have been taken by the political shenanigans of street touts such as Alhaji Rochas Okorocha. It is unfortunate characters such as you have been drowned by the blatant falsehood about Alhaji Rochas Okorocha giving up his security vote. If he has remotely done so, ADAPALM, ITC, Imo State Printing, etc would have been run by the indigenes of Imo State.

Imo State government gets allocation from federal government which included UBE and local government funds. One wonders what Alhaji R. Okorocha does with the fund since he has destroyed the local government system in Imo State. The UBE scheme takes care of free education in Imo State. Why has the price tag for certain scholastic forms increased in Imo State if the street tout in Okorocha has given up a slight portion of his so-called security vote?

Alhaji Rochas Okorocha of Imo State can fool most of the citizens of the state but not all. It is foolhardy to inject the instances of STREET LIGHTS in a discussion about development in place where there is no electricity.

I don't know of any part of Imo State without electricity. As for the streetlights, they are mostly solar and bright. Okorocha does not display his achievements like many people make it seem to be. Same goes with Amaechi of Rivers. I don't know where people got the impression of Okorocha being a showman or maybe because news about him attracts several readers, the media seem to write too much about the man. They even twist his statements just to sell.
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by sentio(m): 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2013
U guys should tell us wat d rochas administration has done in imo state oo, the skuls, road or infrastructure dat he build, I serve ther and I knw much much d so call state
Abagworo:

I don't know of any part of Imo State without electricity. As for the streetlights, they are mostly solar and bright. Okorocha does not display his achievements like many people make it seem to be. Same goes with Amaechi of Rivers. I don't know where people got the impression of Okorocha being a showman or maybe because news about him attracts several readers, the media seem to write too much about the man. They even twist his statements just to sell.
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by DerideGull(m): 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
Abagworo:

There is no doubt you can say or write good things about Okorocha in order to quench the thirsty for delusional and glorified praises. There are some places in Oguta, Orsu and Ohaji/Egbama LGAs that do not have power lines talk less of electricity.
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by MaziOmenuko: 9:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
Not2bee: Pls what are these loudable projects in imo state. I hope is not all these white elephant project in owerri that will not contribute any meaningful economic importance to the common pple of imo.

Lol...Rock View hotel! Make sense die! And you're right, its not for the common man; the least room their is N23k. Hahahaha

tawa89: Have any1 seen the new Owerri city school? Even Amaechi's schools in PH doesnt even come close and that school is free for everyone.

Ehm...not to burst ur bubble but, Govt secondary schools are free everywhere. And did you just compare that (single) owerri modern school to Amaechi's schools littered everywhere in Rivers State? Damn! You could have made your point without making a fool of yourself. Amaechi restructured primary schools at Rivers state (not just PH) to a modern standard; and not just picking only one. And you're talking of road construction? Damn! You fall my hand. RCC is handling road construction at Rivers...in fact, you shouldn't have mentioned Amaechi in your comparison.

chuks01: for those saying rochas has done nothing, abians are begging for an exchange..take T.A ORJI and give them Rochas.When this happens imolite will know what under-performance truly is.IMOLITEs we are lucky, Abians wish they had our governor.

Hehehehe...yet another myopic view. Why compare a blind man with an one-eyed man? Meanwhile, TA pays his workers better than Rochas, and his workers have not been frequenting on industrial actions and strikes. He pays corpers serving in his public ministries and schools N5k per month while your owelle pays N0.00 monthly; but would rather share N100 to the student. I ain't saying TA is great, but comparing an economic reformer to a philanthropist isn't ideal.

Abagworo:

I don't know of any part of Imo State without electricity.

Who be dis wan again? The last time I checked, electricity was/is a federal govt project, same way Aba-owerri road is a federal govt road, should be simple nah!

Caveat Emptor: This post is not targeted at ridiculing anyone; just some plain observations.
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by Ikengawo: 9:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
tawa89: I don't like Rochas' fraternization with APC. I will not vote for APC and for someone like me that campaigned against him during the last elections i would be totally dishonest if i say Rochas is not the best governor this country has seen for a very long time. Imo state has no special status. They aint as rich as Lagos and Akwa ibom yet Okorocha's 2yrs in power is everything i never even imagined. I saw thick bushes not just dilapidated roads been reconstructed, i mean thick bushes cleared and new double lane roads complete with sidewalks and street lights . The kind of developmental strides this man is undertaking in Imo should be a case study on what good governance is all about. Have any1 seen the new Owerri city school? Even Amaechi's schools in PH doesnt even come close and that school is free for everyone. I went to orlu 2months ago i was totally marvelled at what i saw. You might miss ur father's compound in Orlu same thing in Okigwe zone. The funniest part is that people dont know where he gets the money he uses to develop Imo. Those thick bushes along Owerri-Aba road have been cleared with atleast four industries opening up there. I don't like his politics but i can't deny the fact he is the best. Its mostly*APGA -APC ish* Anambra folks or disgruntled Ohakim lackeys that have bad things to say about his administration . I think he has the right to choose any party he desires and the people to associate with.

my brother, thanks for tell the truth. Even the staunches PDP big wigs are saying he's doing a lot. I don't like his politics either but Imo is transforming. What's important about Imo's transformation is it proves development isn't going to be the monopoly of the 'major' oil or commericial states (Lagos, Rivers, Awka etc) Imo doesn't get a lot of allocation and only stands out in it's high educational achievements but that's about it. We have oil but nothing too significant, so it's a marvel that Rochas has truly displayed that any and every state can develop in Nigeria. Imo state is a construction site right now, this is, easily, the best governor in the country. Imagine if he has Awka Ibom allocations?
Re: Okorocha And The 2015 Imo Guber Projections by touch4mony: 11:07pm On Jun 15, 2013
[quote author=madam_oringo]The truth is finally coming out. SE governors are merely sleeping and the people to hold them to account are helping the Yoruba South West hold Governors Aregbesola, Ajimobi, Fashola to account who in turn set even higher standards for themselves to beat the next day/week/month....making their states ever more vibrant and attractive. I hope Rochas understands that by joining the progressive SW is not enough! He must emulate their daunting and ambitious projects and performance tofuck u

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Says Nigeria Will Pay Heavily For Jonathan’s Endorsement As Sole Candidate / Explain Asari Dokubo’s Role In $9.3m Cash-for-arms Scandal, APC Tells FG / Audacity Of Hope: A Corper's encounter With President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.