Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight (19501 Views)

Ebola Is Here: 5 Reasons Not To Panic / Do Not Skip Breakfast If You Want To Stay Away From Heart Diseases / 7 Reasons Not To Wear A Thong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by markbor: 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
1. The very act of eating breakfast can speed up your metabolism, which is critical to weight loss. If you eat dinner around 7pm and wait until lunch time to eat again, as many as 17 hours might have passed. Apart from weight, breakfast is therefore critical to your overall health and well-being.

2. Skipping breakfast tends to make you overeat at lunch. Research has shown that the vast majority of successful dieters do eat breakfast. Breakfast can also aid your concentration, improves ones’ focus, helping him/her at work or school.

3. Choose a high fiber meal, such as cereal, high protein meal, such as scrambled eggs and ham. Your breakfast should contain plenty of vitamins and minerals to help your body remain healthy throughout the day

4. It is critical to remain positive when trying to lose weight, this is very important.. Breakfast sets the pattern for the day, because if you make healthy decisions at breakfast, you are more likely to make the right decision regarding the other meals of the day.

5. However, one thing you must avoid at breakfast is eating something high in sugar, such as sugary breakfast cereal. Breakfast can also enhance the efficiency of the body, making it easier for you to burn fat

6. While it is important to eat breakfast, it is equally important to issue a cautionary note. Some people think that they can eat breakfast and then skip the rest of their meals. This is not a healthy approach. Your body needs to eat regular meals in order to work effectively. Eat five or six smaller meals.

7. Eating breakfast is a habit, which means if you have not be eating breakfast for a while, it may be a difficult habit to get into. Persistence is the key to starting a healthy habit. Rather than trying to eat breakfast on the run, make sure you actually sit at the table and eat. Schedule time for breakfast and make it a priority in your life.

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Uchennaaaa(m): 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
Also skipping breakfast sometimes affects your mood for the day. And when your mood is affected, you tend to over eat (emotional eating).

As a result, you will usually reach for junk foods instead of healthy foods and this will definitely increase the fats around that waistline.

Hope this helps

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by dominique(f): 7:54am On Jun 15, 2013
Very true especially point 2. Whenver I don't eat breakfast, I tend to overeat lunch. Yet some people believe the best way to lose weight is virtually starving themselves till at least noon.
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Kingclickmedia: 2:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
I know
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Policewoman(f): 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
OK.
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by koolJ1(f): 2:21pm On Jun 15, 2013
Eating breakfast jumpstarts your metabolism, thereby breaking your night-long fast. Gets your digestive system jiggy.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Katier00(f): 2:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
that is good to note
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
Most people sleep in the night without any hope of what to eat in the morning.will you blame them for skipping morning meal till lunch ?

Brunch is actually an austerity measure grin

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Neaman(m): 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
NOTED...lemme try it cos i wanna be a Lekpa.
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by dedons: 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
What abt me that can only afford the 0-0-1 feeding formular

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by bebe2(f): 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2013
Pple are diff.
Wat works for u might not work for me.
Am talking frm experience.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by condralbede(m): 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2013
Noted..tnx for d info,me wai no dey chop B-fast before!i hv to strt ooo.mama ekpere pls put Rice and Beans for me.make I chao!
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Adex097: 2:31pm On Jun 15, 2013
dedons: What abt me that can afford the 0-0-1 feeding formular
Re-arrange your formula to 1-0-0
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 15, 2013
But one Dr said the body isn't ready for digestion until 12noon. All these your contradictory findings.undecided Who should we believe?
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by kaycrystal(m): 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
Nobody talks about gaining weight! na so so lose weight pesin dey see
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
Different strokes for different folks.....I tend to eat crap in the day whenever I eat breakfast. Yea, I normally jumpstart my metabolism by doing a couple of squats and crunches, followed by a hot cup of green tea or lemon. I'm not cut out for all these breakfast nonsense....Where is the time to eat breakfast sef
I also zip my mouth and put the fork down once it's 6pm, with that I won't be hungry in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by GentleNaaz(m): 2:36pm On Jun 15, 2013
If u want 2 maintain/loose weight, eat high quality foods n nt high quantity foods. Most importantly, lower ur digestible carbohydrate rich foods, such as garri, fufu, rice, sugar,etc. Increase ur non-digestible carbohydrt food (fibre) intake, because it mks ur stomach fill instantly without contributing 2 calory. Fibre also has many health benefits. Foods rich in fibre include cucumba, carrot, leafy vegetables, oda fruits n vegetables, cereals such as corn etc, legume such as beans, etc. Also, never forget 2 maintain moderate fat intake. Eat fruits n vegetables as meal. Avoid sugary foods. Fruits n vegetables also provide d body vitamins n minerals and oda phytochemicals needed for normal body function
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
I don't joke with my breakfast.
Also, ulcer patients should not joke with their breakfast.
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by effisyman: 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
mollytinrox: But one Dr said the body isn't ready for digestion until 12noon. All these your contradictory findings.undecided Who should we believe?

Breakfast must be taken, and should not be beyond 9am.
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by ignis: 2:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
What if one does not have what to eat for breakfast?
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by chassity002: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
Well....
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by yuzedo: 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
Bro can I eat pepsi + cigar or tom-tom + ewedu for brakefast? Plis advice. angry

1 Like

Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by 3ace(m): 3:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
ignis: What if one does not have what to eat for breakfast?
Turn it to fasting. If there's still no food in the afternoon, continue the fasting. In the evening, if after all your effort to get food the world is still not fair to you, turn the fasting to biribiri. Your biribiri could continue for one or two months, it doesn't matter. What matters is that God will surely answer your prayer one day although by then, you fit don fat like fido-dido. Hope I have answered your question.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
I never even chop bellefood, I go come dey reason weight loss ...

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2013
Who has time for breakfast ? Where will I get such apetite ?
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2013
I no get time table for food ooo. Anytime I am hungry, be it 2am, I just eat as much as I want to.
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by akorlade(m): 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2013
yuzedo: Bro can I eat pepsi + cigar angry
..* perfect for brkfast, your shyte in 5min time na die.
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by adexsimply(m): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2013
is it me or what? Topics on weight loss, weight gain, breakfast, lunch...are frequenting the front page these days...
what am I missing?
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Lakayanah: 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2013
I want to disagree that if you miss breakfast you will over eat during lunch. I have been a regular at the gym for about 9years now I take my breakfast by 11.30/ 12am medium portion then take dinner by 8pm. In between fruits but I take loads and loads of water. Soft drinks no longer appeal to me.
Re: Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight by Odunharry(m): 6:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
;Dif u no eat bfast as a student u cme go early mrning class..u go just dy watch d lecturer lyk zombie,concentration u go lost...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Produce Your Own Healthy Edible Moringa Oil At Home Using Simple Machines / Ruzu Herbal Bitters Has Broken Records! / Lady Calls Out Hospital For Giving Brother Wrong Blood Which Led To His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.