Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Strictly Chelsea Talk: - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Strictly Chelsea Talk: (63991 Views)

Opinion!!!strictly Chelsea Fans Only. / Strictly Arsenal: / Strictly Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by toshmann(m): 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2007
chelsea captain john terry may face sanctions as ref dean made a report on him trying to forcefully stop him from bringing on the red card for mikel.

he lacks discipline and should not be a captain. and chelsea can't even maintain fair play. shame on blues

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7009697.stm
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by toshmann(m): 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2007
or better check this out
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7012337.stm

they should deal with the toutish dude

john terry is a tout tongue if it were an african that did this dem go say we dey barbaric.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by cabali(m): 11:03pm On Sep 25, 2007
Yáll quit this waste of time talk cos everyone knows JT cant be touched at all!!!! want a bet on that?
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by slimnike(m): 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2007
He is the Son of the FA.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by toba1909(m): 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2007
Vacancy ! Vacancy !! Vacancy !!!

Hello Everyone,

A vacant position exists for a Football Manager in a very successful English Premiership Club side.

The candidate
Must be highly experience in causing drama on the field of play.
Ability to live in the glory of past achievements.
Have the ability to frustrate referees and cause such referee to resign.
Must be able to insult fans and stick his tongue out at fans, if possible, do "waka" at them.
Must be able to cry wolf on citing a mouse.
Must have the ability to bid high for any player even is the player is not worth that much.
Have the ability to sneak his pet dog into England without proper health checks.
Have a zero sense of humour
No dancing skills.
Zero tolerance for loosing
Ready to quit after loosing or drawing 3 matches.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2007
AVRAM OKAY FOR VALENCIA
UEFA has confirmed it has no objections to Avram Grant taking charge of the team in Spain next week.
Stories earlier this week suggested that the permission given to the Chelsea first team coach to manage the side in domestic competition would not be extend to the Champions League by the European governing body.
With the first away game of the group stage taking place in Valencia next Wednesday, these stories were unfounded.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by cabali(m): 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2007
Valencia men!!!! thats gon'be some heat there yáll
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 11:06pm On Sep 27, 2007
me sef dey fear sad
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by cabali(m): 7:30pm On Oct 01, 2007
but I dont care! I feel somehow we will come around
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2007
It is a pity that all Chelsea's fan has decided to quit nairaland just because
of Mourinho's exit. I still remain a blue for life.
Remember those arsenal's fan who stood with them for the past 3 seasons
they are now reaping
Chelsea fan don't give up
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by A40(m): 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2007
I se you are just realizing that Chelsea have fair-weather fans this is just the beginning o! lets see who would be talking about Chelsea when they go a few seasons trophyless
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by cabali(m): 8:14pm On Oct 03, 2007
That I assure u cant happen!
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by cabali(m): 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2007
1-1 @ 35mins what the Bleep
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2007
The post JM era has officially commenced with the arrival of 'fine boi' CATE cool cool cool cool cheesy cheesy
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by atiku07(m): 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2007
yesoooooooooooo we are finally comming back the block

thank GOD the hard times are melting away
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 10:55pm On Oct 11, 2007
atiku07:

yesoooooooooooo we are finally comming back the block

thank GOD the hard times [size=48pt]HaVe meltED away[/size]
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 10:59pm On Oct 11, 2007
HEREZ SOMETHIN I THOT U SHOULD READ;

In years to come, our grandchildren will climb onto our knees and say, 'What did you do during the Great Premier League Goal Drought of 2007, grandpa?'

And, pausing only to unwrap a Werther's Original and adjust the orthopaedic cushion behind our neck, we'll say, 'Well, it's a long, long story, my little fellow. But I guess the short answer is: I survived.'

And, at this, a knot of concern will appear on those children's innocent faces and they will say, 'Was it terribly hard, grandpa?'

And we'll say, 'It was, little one. It was really hard.'

And then their expression will switch to one of eager anticipation, and they'll say, 'Tell me again how it all happened, grandpa.'

And, pausing only to unwrap a Werther's Original (forgetting that we've already done that), we'll begin.

'You know, Chelsea back in those days was a very different place from the way it is now. Why, back in 2007, we hadn't even won the Champions League once.'

'Not once, grandpa?'

'Not once.'

'But now we win it every year!'

'I know, little one. Hard to imagine, isn't it? But that's just how it was in those days. We had to be content with winning the league a couple of times, picking up the FA Cup every now and again and lifting the Carling pretty much every year. We were poor, I guess you would say. But we were happy. Well, most of us were, anyway.'

'But the Great Goal Drought, grandpa: I want to hear about the Great Goal Drought.'

'I'm getting to that, little one. Now, I guess none of us saw the Great Goal Drought of 2007 coming. If we had, we might have pinged a few more in against Birmingham on the season's opening day, just to have some goal salted away. As it was, the drought kind of ambushed us. We were goalless away at Villa, then at home to Blackburn, then away to Manchester United, and then, unthinkably, at home to Fulham. Suddenly, there were clean sheets here, clean sheets, there - everywhere you looked, clean sheets. Nearly seven hours it went on for. Seven hours!'

'Were you frightened, grandpa?'

'No, I wasn't. Frustrated, yes. Frightened, no. Shall I tell you why? Because I saw the number of chances we had against Fulham. Almost one a minute in the second half. Also, don't forget, in the middle of this, we smacked four past Hull in the Carling. We knew, deep in our hearts, that it would all be over by Christmas, if not sooner.'

'Why did it have to happen?'

'Sometimes the affairs of men are mysterious. But I think it's pretty clear on this occasion that the injury to Frank Lampard had something to do with it. Certainly the drought started when he went out and it ended when he came back. That's just how influential he was in those days. 20 goals a season from midfield, year after year after year. Yet, do you know, some numb-brains thought he shouldn't be picked for England? Couldn't play alongside Steven Gerrard, they said. 'Why not?' I always said. But fine: if you really feel you have to leave out one of them, then drop the perpetual underachiever, Gerrard. It was hardly rocket science.'

'Who's Steven Gerrard, grandpa?'

'Exactly.'

'And finally the drought ended.'

'It did - up at Bolton, where so many good things seemed to happen to us in those days. Salamon Kalou, latched onto one, the heavens opened, and the Great Goal Drought of 2007 was over. People cheered and ran out onto the streets and embraced complete strangers, as I remember.'

'Grandpa, do you think I will ever have to live through a Great Goal Drought?'

'Well, football's a funny game. But I don't think you need to worry your little head about such things at the moment, little one.'

'Can I have one of your Werther's Originals?'

'No, you can't. Now, run along and play.'

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by dapsycool(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2007
Razor, somze and Any other chelsea or non-chelsea fan with the Chelsea Anthem/Song in mp3 or any other audio format should send it to my mail at dapsycool4life@yahoo.com or chelseafc_9ja@yahoo.com
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by ronnieslimz(f): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2007
my oh my cheesy
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by RuuDie(m): 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2007
ronnie-slimz:

my oh my cheesy

who do u rep

i told y'all about A.Grant. . . . the man can deliver 4 Chelsea!
i'm sure by now the players have gotten over JM and they'll put their heads down and play. Bolton was a difficult game but i admire the nu' Blues Boss, his selection and technique. . . . good to see Chelsea put the ball on the ground and try to pass. . . . i'm beginning to actually like Chelsea now!

As 4 Cate. . . . well, he's got the xperience but i doubt if he's g'onna be a sound choice 4 JM's immediate successor. i'd pretty much love to see Prof. A. Grant continue in that capacity, he's brought a fresh dimension 2 Chelsea's play!
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by ronnieslimz(f): 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2007
i've being and still a TRUE BLUE cheesy
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by RuuDie(m): 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2007
ronnie-slimz:

i've being and still a TRUE BLUE cheesy

funny. . . . . tho't u'd be a Barca fan!
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by ronnieslimz(f): 4:23pm On Oct 15, 2007
barca ke! lailai
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2007
Blue Blood

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by cabali(m): 11:40pm On Oct 24, 2007
what's all this abt now!!
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 12:32am On Oct 25, 2007
[size=18pt]Avram Grant's first home win in charge and the perfect birthday present for Roman Abramovich has reinforced the position at the top of Group B.[/size]
It was those good friends Florent Malouda and Didier Drogba who did the damage with goals in a well-merited win although the German side did hit woodwork in the second-half.

Grant resisted the temptation to rotate heavily, making just two personnel changes - Makelele returning for Mikel, embarassed Bridge, free from his domestic suspension, restored to left-back. Ferreira swapped wings after his short spell at left-back at Middlesbrough, Belletti dropping to the bench.

There was drama before kick-off for our opponents from the Ruhr when they lost their star player to injury during the warm-up. German international striker Kevin Kuranyi was replaced in the starting line-up by the towering Soren Larsen.

If that was a bad start for Schalke, it was about to get a lot worse. With just three minutes on the clock, Drogba nodded onto Malouda who took on Rafinha.

Checking back onto his left-foot, the shot looked nothing more than speculative but Neuer in goal inexplicably let it through the gapping hole between his legs. It was an extraordinary mistake for the man tipped to succeed Kahn and Lehmann as the German number one between the posts.

Asamoah had a headed chance to level the scores on 11 minutes but under pressure, he headed well wide. Lampard did similar from a Drogba cross just a minute later.

Joe Cole chipped a promising cross towards Drogba as Chelsea continued to look dangerous but the Schalke centre-backs cleared on this occasion.

On 23 minutes, Bridge was chopped down by Jones for the game's first booking as the Chelsea left-back surged forward, the welsh-sounding German's case not helped by being the third illegal challenge by his team in a minute.

Schalke on paper were matching Chelsea's 4-3-3 but the widemen were dropping back to do more than their fair share of defensive work.

Essien's 25th minute header from a corner flew not too far over as a second goal before the break was chased.

Grossmüller had the ball in the Chelsea net two minutes later after a swift move but it was ruled offside. Replays indicated the decision was a little fortuitous.

Essien's glancing header from a Malouda cross was on target but this time Neuer exhibited a pair of safe hands.

Six minutes before the break, Drogba's subtle flick played Cole clean through but the flag went up. It was one-all on incorrect offside decisions.

Before the break, there were two more attempts from the Germans. Playing a quick combination of passes on the edge of the box, their most successful ploy, Grossmüller found space to head towards goal but Cech saved, Then midfielder Ersnt blasted a couple of yards over from 25 yards.

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by folahann(m): 12:41am On Oct 25, 2007
Man city could say there are better than chelsea
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by Mustay(m): 9:45pm On Oct 25, 2007
Didier Drogba will rarely have a more busy week this season than his current one.

Between 'letting his feet do the talking' at Middlesbrough and at home to Schalke - Avram Grant's description for our striker's goals and great all-round displays in those two games - he has been much in demand to both talk and have his picture taken.

On Tuesday, prior to training at Stamford Bridge in preparation for our Champions League game, Didier did the rounds of central London's radio station studios - appearing live on BBC Radios One and Two and recording an interview for Capital Radio for broadcast this weekend.

The purpose was to promote the newly-released Skin single on which he appears and its central anti-racism message.

Back at the Bridge and before training, Didier was on the pitch cutting a very different figure than the one normally seen. Standing next to him was former England rugby captain Martin Johnson, both in American Football attire to help promote this weekend's NFL fixture at Wembley. For once, Didier was looking up!

Following training today at a Cobham still smiling from the Schalke win, Didier was back at the Bridge, this time to launch a soon-to-be-released DVD on his life so far.

Between all this, he still found time to talk to chelseafc.com about life as one of world football's most famous names, if indeed he regards himself as such.

'Of course I notice it, that more people have been asking me to do things,' he agrees. 'The good thing is I can choose what I want and don't want to do.

'I hope I am going in the good way with my career. The most important thing is to stay at the top. This is the most difficult thing and I try to do my best.'

Finishing highest scorer last season in what many believe is the pre-eminent league in European football was always going to elevate Didier into the top bracket of players.

His recent nominations for both World and European Footballer of the Year reflect that. He finished 10th in the European one last season and must be a good bet to improve on that when the results are announced on 2 December.

He knows however that he has a battle on his hands to retain the Barclays Premier League Golden Boot.

'It is very important to me but I am a bit late as I didn't play for one month. I wasn't really fit for a while but now I feel fine and I am coming back. I will give my best to win this as well as also to win the league title.

'Being away for the African Cup of Nations means I will have to score three goals every game until January,' he decides. 'And that is not easy to do!

'This season will be difficult for me to win it but I won't give up. And for the title race, we still need to focus on winning games even if I and some other players are not here.'

Didier's Middlesbrough strike was his second in the league for the season. Leading the Golden Boot race are Portsmouth's Benjani on seven goals and Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor on six.

'I think Adebayor decided to lose against Mali because of this,' smiles Didier when the Gunners' Togo striker and his goal total are mentioned.

'I am joking because he would have been very happy to be in the African Nations Cup. He is one of the top scorers now and I am not surprised because I know him from France and I know what he can do. Now he is free to score goals, to move and to do what he wants.'

Didier's own rise up the scoring charts last season was credited in part by the player to operating with a strike partner. Most games this campaign have seen him back as the central man in a front three. He is relaxed about it.

'My first season here we played 4-3-3 as well and I scored some goals because I was in good form. I was feeling very well and this season is the same.

'There is no problem for me playing 4-3-3 as long as the wingers can come and help me to create the game and play and create the spaces. It is not difficult when you like to move.

'I love to put my name in the books so I would like be European Golden Boot,' Didier declares as a future ambition. 'Someone can come and win it afterwards but I would like my name to be there.'

Skin Deep

Didier may be able to say yes or no to requests for his time but needed little persuasion to become involved in the Skin single, out this week to coincide with football's Kick It Out week of action on racism.

He told BBC Radio One's Newsbeat during his appearance there:

'It takes time, racism is not only in football. We have to deal with it because this is our world and where we express ourselves every day. In England, I've never really had a problem with racism. Abroad, it's different - it's a case of being educated.

'When people don't know about something, they act differently. The best message is to help them to know that maybe we have something in common.'

Two days on from that interview, he adds:

'It was very easy to say yes, I'll take part, because when I saw the lyrics, the meaning was strong and I love this kind of thing. Also because people expect me to do something like r'n'b and rap and this kind of thing. This is completely different and this is more strong. The message can go.

'The DVD I am launching is about me from leaving Ivory Coast when I was five to being at Chelsea - it is all my life,' he says, moving on to one of the week's other projects.

'It is something we have been working on for two-to-three years and it has good images and very interesting things to see on it. I think it is going be available in England.'

If the producers wish for some more strong images, they could do worse than include those that took place between Didier and the Chelsea support at the end of the game at Middlesbrough, and when he scored against Schalke. They were powerful stuff.

'It is so simple,' Didier insists. 'When you give people the love and the respect they deserve, they give it back to you. I think I have shown Chelsea fans a lot of respect and I think I can even say a lot of love and that is why they show it back to me.

'I am just happy to enjoy myself and play football and share it with the fans. I can only give my best when I share it like this with the fans.'

Skin by Wills and The Willing is out on CD single, limited edition signed blue 7" vinyl and download to coincide with a week of action by football's anti-racism and inclusion campaign, Kick It Out.

If you want a taster, you can watch the music video on YouTube.

The hope is to send this song to the top of the charts, raise money for the Chelsea's official charity partner CLIC Sargent (the UK's largest children's cancer charity) and make everyone aware that racism in today's society is completely unacceptable, all at the same time

Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by boysen(m): 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2007
;Dmen thanks for those pic i hav been looking out for them.
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by folahann(m): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2007
Drogba is really looking Weird.
This is not a good pics of him
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by software(m): 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2007
folahann:

Drogba is really looking Weird.
This is not a good pics of him

i think the photographer should be held responsible for that, am sure must have been an arsenal fan who took the pic at the wrong time,
Re: Strictly Chelsea Talk: by folahann(m): 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2007
No be Arsenal fan,  he be liverpool fan

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (Reply)

Manchester City vs Liverpool - (4 - 0) On 2nd July 2020 / Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.