Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1259280 members, 1700614 topics. Date: Friday, 24 October 2014 at 01:49 PM

7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society (1069 Views)

Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society / Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family / Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society by Tgirl4real(f): 1:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
I'm not sure if this fits the health section or Science and Technology more, but the points raised concerns the family...

7 Scientific Facts about homosexuality and its adverse effects on society

1. Despite the fact that the heterosexual community is at least 20 times larger in numbers than the gay community, in 2011, Singapore’s health ministry reveals that the number of homosexual and bisexual men diagnosed with HIV, overtakes that of heterosexual men. (Source: http://www.nuh.com.sg/news/media-articles_2319.html)

2. A research that focused on countries with long history of gay marriage i.e. Denmark and Norway, showed that married gays and lesbians have a shorter lifespan than their conventionally married counterparts – by 24 years! (Source: http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive//ldn/2007/apr/07040309) Further comment: Studies have shown that years of smoking shortens the lifespan of the smoker from 1 to 7 years. What justification is there for condemning smoking and endorsing homosexuality?

3. A study on childhood and adolescent molestation also found rates of homosexual intimate abuse reported by homosexual adults to be almost 7 times higher for homosexual men, and 22 times higher for homosexual women, compared to their heterosexual counterparts. This strongly suggests that minors can be sexualised towards homosexuality upon exposure to homosexual stimulus or homosexual abuse. (Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11501300) Further comment: Statistics like this affirmatively calls for the law to protect our minors from homosexual stimulus or abuse. This strongly supports the cause for the law to continue to draw a distinction between heterosexual sex and homosexual sex.

4. Latest research shows that children raised by homosexual parents experience more problems than children raised by married heterosexual parents. (You may refer to my previous post on “Research shows children raised by homosexual parents have more problems than those raised by married heterosexual parents”)

5. In his book, Born Gay? Dr John Tay, clinical geneticist and former Head of the Division of Human Genetics in NUS, talks about the contrast in opinion between public and the scientific community, on whether gays are born this way. He noted how public’s popular belief stems from the media play up of early scientific studies in the 1990s on brain structures, twin studies and the Xq28 gene. These studies have in fact been heavily criticized by fellow professionals to be flawed and biased. It must be noted too that other than the media headlines, the very same researchers of these studies have themselves confessed that they have not found anything genetic that is deterministic of the homosexual orientation.

Dr John gave insight to the question of whether gays are born that way and they cannot change by explaining what genes really do to us:

“The effects of genes on behaviour are very indirect because genes make proteins, not preferences. The scientific truth is that our genes do not force us into anything. Genes are responsible for an indirect influence, but on average, they do not force people into homosexuality. The startling conclusion is that genetic factors are much less important than environmental ones in the causation of homosexuals. On this basis, the claim by homosexuals that ‘I am born that way, so I cannot change’ is simply not true.”

6. Homosexual sex is often associated with dangerous behaviour, which includes the use of illegal and deadly drugs. Businesses facilitating gays to meet up in groups for sex and SinParties with strangers sprout illegally, functioning as spas and clubs. Such dangerous behaviour probably explains my point 1, and more alarmingly, it has been reported that minors, as young as age 15, 16, are getting increasingly involved – experimenting with gay sex. These are most troubling trends. Homosexual feelings can be fluid especially at young age but a minor would likely be imprinted with gender identity struggles leading to a homosexual orientation once he experiments with homosexual sex. While we understand individuals have preferences and it is also their private choice what they would do as adults with regards to their intimate behaviour, we must not overlook the rights of the rest of the public, especially our children.
(Source: http://news.asiaone.com/News/The+New+Paper/Story/A1Story20091108-178561.html; http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/drug-use-seven-times-higher-among-gays-8165971.html#)

7. Finally, the hard truth is, homosexuality cannot lay claim to its biological purpose, i.e. procreation, the way heterosexuality can. It’s biological origin and hence, rights, is also unproven (point 5). In this, heterosexuality has a legitimacy which homosexuality cannot lay claim to, and the law is obliged to distinguish this fundamental difference. Otherwise, the unproven rights of a group will be pushed at the expense of proven rights of the other group. This includes the rights of our children, which will be compromised.

Source :http://homosexualityandscience.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/7-scientific-facts-about-homosexuality-and-its-adverse-effects-on-society/

5 Likes

Re: 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society by bmasz: 9:03am On Jun 15, 2013
If you are against homo-sexualss "like" this post.
Re: 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society by ponco: 11:08am On Jun 15, 2013
I am neither for or against homosexuals. but i must say most of the points here are plainly silly and biased.
1. There is more HIV in homosexuals because for a long time they were pushed underground and just like prostitution anything pushed underground always suffers unethical practices and are more exposed to harm. same with drugs.

2. If a research says gays die early, then if it is really a research, it should state why. Gays are infact more health and physically conscious than straights, so that is some bogus falacy. also how long was the research, when did it start.

3.Intimate abuse is done by homosexual men acting like heterosexuals because of the society, and this is still completely false , just by looking up molest on wikipedia ,The U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics estimated that 91% of U.S. molest victims are female and 9% are male, with 99% of the offenders being male. this totally makes that statement false.

4. There are very few children who have been raised by homosexual parents to come to this conclusion but all the prisons in the world are packed with men and women raised by heterosexual parents. There are more fathers who hit their wives than gay marriages in the world. so that is completely false.plus gays make every effort to raise their children better as i have seen .

5. people might be born gay but anybody can change but it is not a day's process or is there any guaranteed success, this is the only point that makes sense.

6. There are three claims of marriage, procreation is the only one they can't lay claim to, so this makes partial sense.
\

Thank GOd for enlightenment and exposure. we don't just read and digest any thing now and believe.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society by firstolalekan(m): 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2013
^
Re: 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society by firstolalekan(m): 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2013
You see? homos angry
Re: 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society by alutacontinua(m): 2:02am On Jun 17, 2013
ponco:
1. There is more HIV in homosexuals because for a long time they were pushed underground and just like prostitution anything pushed underground always suffers unethical practices and are more exposed to harm. same with drugs.

I don't think that's true. Homosexuals are more prone to HIV because BehindBased intercourse has a way of transmitting blood-borne diseases more easily than vagin*nal intercourse. Partly based on the fact that the place is highly vascularized and more prone to injury than the vagin*a. So, I think the reason is more of biological than ethical. cool

2 Likes

Re: 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society by Tgirl4real(f): 1:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
alutacontinua:

I don't think that's true. Homosexuals are more prone to HIV because BehindBased intercourse has a way of transmitting blood-borne diseases more easily than vagin*nal intercourse. Partly based on the fact that the place is highly vascularized and more prone to injury than the vagin*a. So, I think the reason is more of biological than ethical. cool

You are right.
Re: 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society by alleviate2002us(m): 3:57am On Jun 19, 2013
Its just too bad we as humans always fail to tell ourselves the truth. The human body was and has never been wired to be gay. . .thats a fact and you don't need to agree with me.

Being gay in all fairness is just fueled by perversion and sustained by addiction. To justify the act, we then come up with plenty scientific and logical reasons.

Funny enough gayism dates far back to the days of the old testament in the bible, so all these advocacy for it is more like a Dejavu to me. We are just asking for the wrath of God.. . .
Re: 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society by Donjazzy12(m): 10:36am On Aug 19, 2013
@Tgirl4real U just made my day!Never knew there are women who hate homosexuality!
Re: 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society by debosky(m): 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Where do I even start? Harm to society can never be a basis for establishing the 'rightness' or 'wrongness' of homosexuality.

Simply claiming 'latest research' shows kids raised in gay homes are worse off is quite a weak argument. Published data shows the opposite:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/05/gay-couples-children-happier_n_3388498.html
http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/gay-parents-as-good-as-straight-ones/

As for the Dr claiming gays can change, what is the success rate of 'changing' gay people? Since we want to compare it with smoking, what are the levels of people who have successfully stopped smoking compared to those who have successfully stopped being homosexual?

Since we are supposed to be talking about 'scientific facts' this is what researchers have said, after reviewing studies of attempts to change orientation:

[E]nduring change to an individual's intimate orientation is uncommon. The participants in this body of research continued to experience same-sex attractions following SOCE [intimate orientation change efforts] and did not report significant change to other-sex attractions that could be empirically validated, though some showed lessened physiological arousal to all intimate stimuli. Compelling evidence of decreased same-sex intimate behavior and of engagement in intimate behavior with the other sex was rare.

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_changing.html

So what then? If, as many claim, homosexuality is not a choice, what then? Exterminate them for the benefit of the wider society? Or force them to hide?

Heck, we can argue that Nigerians have done more harm worldwide than gays have done - should we discourage people from being Nigerians then? cheesy

4 Likes

(0) (Reply)

What Will U Do If Your Daughter Request This ?? / Help! She Wants To Force Me Into Marrying Her Son / Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.