Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All (1979 Views)

Masturbating Men ‘will Find Their Hands Pregnant In The Afterlife’- / Death, Hell & The Afterlife / Ihedinobi And Image 123 let's scripturally discuss the afterlife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by dalaman: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
I was going through a thread and I saw Anony trying to tell Mazaje that this life will only be meaningful if there was justice in the next life. Anony was of the opinion that this life does not give us justice so getting one in the afterlife is just and is the only thing that makes sense. I completely disagree with his position but that is for later.

Personally I believe that the kind of Justice proposed by the various religions after we die and all is very unjust. For example Christianity begins by saying that those who do not believe in Jesus are condemned already.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Islam I believe (even though I don't know much about it) starts from a similar position. Belief in Allah and Mohammed his messenger is what will give you justice in the afterlife.

So is this a good or just system of administering justice? What kind of justice system puts belief first and not your good deeds, by good deeds, I mean how you have positively impacted and dealt with the people you lived with while you were here on earth? How is this system of justice fair to all?

I just finished watching a program on Canal French international,(Its actually what prompted me to creat this thread) over five thousand blind people(mostly kids) in India as of 2012 were able to regain their ability to see again after some reconstructive surgery paid for by the Bill and Milinda Gates foundation.

Bill Gates personally took charge of the project, similar projects is currently running in Africa and in parts of south east Asia by the same foundation owned by Bill Gates. He owns the biggest charity organizations in the world, he is trying to eradicate malaria in Africa, most people have attested that is a very honest man and a very good person. Now if Bill Gates dies, according to religions like Christianity and Islam he will go to hell and suffer for eternity because he refuses to accept the revelations of the religion that was allegedly given to some ancient men, revelations given based on extremely poor and bad evidence.

If a man like Good Luck Jonathan dies(a thief that refuses to do right by his people and keeps stealing their money and also encouraging his allies to steal public funds), he will be judged rightly and will be taken to heaven to enjoy for ever because he believed and has accepted the revelation.

The best person I have personally meet so far in my life is a muslim guy from Pakistan(very selfless, very honest and Kind beyond measure), if Christianity is true, he will be in hell because he has refused to accept the revelation. We have talked about religion and he clearly denies that Jesus is God and confidenly claims that Christians are mislead and wrong on everything. He believes strongly that he is very lucky to be a Muslim. If Islam is true then many good people I know that have denied Islam mostly through no reason of their own because they were born into other religions that has told then that Islam is the false religion before they could even reason on their own will all go to hell and burn forever in very hot flames.

Is this a fair system of administering justice assuming its true? A system that is based on belief first before any other thing. Unbelievers are condemned already is what it says. I will like to hear other people's input on this.

7 Likes

Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
Deep stuff, man.

It pains me truly when I see some christians smiling when they say that atheists will go to hell despite their good deeds. Bill Gates foundation saved thousands of children, yet he should burn in hell for being a disbeliever. The sad thing is that many of these same christians have not done on iota of charity for their neighbours yet they open their mouth to say that good atheists will go to hell. It is not hell that bothers me but the depraved mind that wishes it to be true with anticipation.

If christians at all want to sell their religion, they have to show it. Do good and let others see your works....judging and casting people to hell will only turn people against you
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by turnstoner(m): 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
great submission, @dalaman:

Unfortunately,this contradiction that you have so succinctly pointed out is lost on most people.

They are to happy with their precious little beliefs to even ponder for a second what you and I already know:

...that religion is a fraud !

1 Like

Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by dalaman: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
turnstoner: great submission, @dalaman:

Unfortunately,this contradiction that you have so succinctly pointed out is lost on most people.

They are to happy with their precious little beliefs to even ponder for a second what you and I already know:

...that religion is a fraud !

I have lost my belief or faith in Christianity and God. My take is since there is no cosmic balance of justice here on earth, it means that the responsibility is ours to do all that we can to ensure that justice is done here and now. If we don't do it, no one else will do it for us. The belief that there will be cosmic justice eventually sounds very appealing because it allows us to think that, regardless of what happens here, good will triumph. However, this removes from us some of the responsibility to get things right here and now. The afterlife system of justice it self is completely unjust . It's very sadistic in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by dalaman: 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03: Deep stuff, man.

It pains me truly when I see some christians smiling when they say that atheists will go to hell despite their good deeds. Bill Gates foundation saved thousands of children, yet he should burn in hell for being a disbeliever. The sad thing is that many of these same christians have not done on iota of charity for their neighbours yet they open their mouth to say that good atheists will go to hell. It is not hell that bothers me but the depraved mind that wishes it to be true with anticipation.

If christians at all want to sell their religion, they have to show it. Do good and let others see your works....judging and casting people to hell will only turn people against you

Not long ago , I was actually among them doing what you have just described.
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
Good day dala,

Do you know what it means to believe in Christ? At least since you have been going on and on about it, it is expected that you know what it means.

Anyways, what I see in your OP is frustration and misunderstanding...I say this with every ounce of respect.
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by dalaman: 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
striktlymi: Good day dala,

Do you know what it means to believe in Christ? At least since you have been going on and on about it, it is expected that you know what it means.

Anyways, what I see in your OP is frustration and misunderstanding...I say this with every ounce of respect.

Good day to you too. This is not a thread about my belief in Christ. Its a thread about the justice talked about in the afterlife. Do you consider it to be a just system? Yes or no. If you consider it to be a just system, then tell me why you think it is as a Christian. I admit that its frusstrating that so many people hold such beliefs but I don't think there is anything that I do not understand. Care to show me where my misunderstanding stems from?
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by turnstoner(m): 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
dalaman:

I have lost my belief or faith in Christianity and God. My take is since there is no cosmic balance of justice here on earth, it means that the responsibility is ours to do all that we can to ensure that justice is done here and now. If we don't do it, no one else will do it for us. The belief that there will be cosmic justice eventually sounds very appealing because it allows us to think that, regardless of what happens here, good will triumph. However, this removes from us some of the responsibility to get things right here and now. The afterlife system of justice it self is completely unjust . It's very sadistic in my opinion.

JUSTICE:

Yes, we want here on earth;

under the sun moon and stars!

The people who propounded afterlife justice knew that the only way to make it credible to gullible people was to make it.... afterlife. After all no one will come back from the dead to debunk them shocked
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2013
dalaman:

Good day to you too. This is not a thread about my belief in Christ.

Don't be alarmed, I know what the thread is about and that is why I did not ask about your belief in Christ. I only asked you if you know what it means to believe in Christ.

dalaman:
Its a thread about the justice talked about in the afterlife. Do you consider it to be a just system? Yes or no. If you consider it to be a just system, then tell me why you think it is as a Christian.

I know that the system applied by God is just but I can't explain why until we are on the same page here, hence the question I asked you.

In order for us to proceed with this discourse meaningfully, it is expedient I get your understanding on the phrase "believe in Christ".

dalaman:
I admit that its frusstrating that so many people hold such beliefs but I don't think there is anything that I do not understand.

I understand how frustrating such things can be but c'mon do you honestly believe you understand everything in your OP? I am a Christian and I do not hold the belief that every 'non-Christian' will go to hell.

dalaman:
Care to show me where my misunderstanding stems from?

I believe you misunderstand what it means to believe in Christ.
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by dalaman: 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Don't be alarmed, I know what the thread is about and that is why I did not ask about your belief in Christ. I only asked you if you know what it means to believe in Christ

OK. I know what it means to believe in Christ. The bible says for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so "[b]that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.". To believe in Christ is to accept what the bible says about him, he is the son of God who came to wash away the sin of the world and pay the price. Believing also means accepting all of Jesus' teachings.

I know that the system applied by God is just but I can't explain why until we are on the same page here, hence the question I asked you.

In order for us to proceed with this discourse meaningfully, it is expedient I get your understanding on the phrase "believe in Christ".

I have answered that.

I understand how frustrating such things can be but c'mon do you honestly believe you understand everything in your OP? I am a Christian and I do not hold the belief that every 'non-Christian' will go to hell.

The reality of the thing is that it has nothing to do with what you hold. Many Christians disagree with the bible on many things. But that doesn't change the biblical position. The bible is very clear, he that does not believe is condemned already, Jesus is the only way to God and no one can go to God except through him, there is no where in the bible that says unbelivers will go to heaven or accepted to be with God, there are many places that say unbelievers will be or are condemned.

I believe you misunderstand what it means to believe in Christ.

What does it mean to believe in Christ?
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
dalaman:

OK. I know what it means to believe in Christ. The bible says for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so "[b]that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.". To believe in Christ is to accept what the bible says about him, he is the son of God who came to wash away the sin of the world and pay the price. Believing also means accepting all of Jesus' teachings.

I have answered that.

The reality of the thing is that it has nothing to do with what you hold. Many Christians disagree with the bible on many things. But that doesn't change the biblical position. The bible is very clear, he that does not believe is condemned already, Jesus is the only way to God and no one can go to God except through him, there is no where in the bible that says unbelivers will go to heaven or accepted to be with God, there are many places that say unbelievers will be or are condemned.

What does it mean to believe in Christ?

Permit me 30 minutes to get back to this....need to get something done.

You tried with the 'belief in Christ' thingy but that really is not exactly what it means to believe in Christ.
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
Sorry for delaying this response...I underestimated the work I had to do. Anyways, better late than never smiley

Now where is that post?...Ah there it is...

dalaman:

OK. I know what it means to believe in Christ. The bible says for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so "that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.". To believe in Christ is to accept what the bible says about him, he is the son of God who came to wash away the sin of the world and pay the price. Believing also means accepting all of Jesus' teachings.

I have answered that.

Okay, fair enough! The reference to John 3:16 is very much in order...Now for you, belief in Christ entails two things: Accepting Christ and accepting his teachings...this is not far from the truth but there is more to this...

Belief in Christ is not about professing faith in Christ and his teachings...it goes beyond these. One can profess faith in Christ and his teachings on the roof tops and still not be a believer in Christ. The Apostle James puts it beautifully:

James 2:19-20
Good News Translation (GNT)

19 Do you believe that there is only one God? Good! The demons also believe—and tremble with fear. 20 You fool! Do you want to be shown that faith without actions is useless?

Even the devil believe in Christ but what separates a true believer from the devil is the individuals actions. Hence to believe in Christ is to do right by him...nothing more and nothing less.

James 2:14-17

14 My friends, what good is it for one of you to say that you have faith if your actions do not prove it? Can that faith save you? 15 Suppose there are brothers or sisters who need clothes and don't have enough to eat. 16 What good is there in your saying to them, “God bless you! Keep warm and eat well!”—if you don't give them the necessities of life? 17 So it is with faith: if it is alone and includes no actions, then it is dead.

dalaman:

I pay little attention to popular opinion...like you rightly pointed out, what matters is what Sacred scriptures has to say about the matter.

I see that you fall into the trap of hanging on to one part of Sacred scriptures without looking at it holistically. It is quite common so I won't blame you for it.

Since I have explained what it means to believe in Christ using Sacred scriptures, my task now is to attempt an explanation on the bold.

But before I do, can you please tell me what you understand by the scriptural references below:

John 3:18

18 Those who believe in the Son are not judged; but those who do not believe have already been judged, because they have not believed in God's only Son.

Luke 9:49-50

49 John spoke up, “Master, we saw a man driving out demons in your name, and we told him to stop, because he doesn't belong to our group.” 50 “Do not try to stop him,” Jesus said to him and to the other disciples, “because whoever is not against you is for you.”

John 10:16

16 There are other sheep which belong to me that are not in this sheep pen. I must bring them, too; they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock with one shepherd.
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by mazaje(m): 7:37pm On Jun 14, 2013
This isn't addressed to me but will answer all the same. . . .

Okay, fair enough! The reference to John 3:16 is very much in order...Now for you, belief in Christ entails two things: Accepting Christ and accepting his teachings...this is not far from the truth but there is more to this...

Belief in Christ is not about professing faith in Christ and his teachings...it goes beyond these. One can profess faith in Christ and his teachings on the roof tops and still not be a believer in Christ. The Apostle James puts it beautifully:

James 2:19-20

19 Do you believe that there is only one God? Good! The demons also believe—and tremble with fear. 20 You fool! Do you want to be shown that faith without actions is useless?

Even the devil believe in Christ but what separates a true believer from the devil is the individuals actions. Hence to believe in Christ is to do right by him...nothing more and nothing less.

James 2:14-17

14 My friends, what good is it for one of you to say that you have faith if your actions do not prove it? Can that faith save you? 15 Suppose there are brothers or sisters who need clothes and don't have enough to eat. 16 What good is there in your saying to them, “God bless you! Keep warm and eat well!”—if you don't give them the necessities of life? 17 So it is with faith: if it is alone and includes no actions, then it is dead.

Good, but that is not the main issue here, the main issue is if unbelievers will be judged and will make heaven. The bible very clearly says they will not. As for works, the jury is not yet out on that because in some passages of the bible it emphasis faith and not good works, some books of the bible clearly state that faith alone is enough. The bible says unbelievers are condemned and that I believe is what dalaman was talking about. . .

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

Galatians 2:16
A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:20, 28
By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight. (v.20)
A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:2
For if Abraham were justified by works he hath whereof to glory? (v.28)

That aside, the bible does not say any where that unbelievers will see and be with God. In many places it says they will or are condemned already as I have stated earlier on.

I pay little attention to popular opinion...like you rightly pointed out, what matters is what Sacred scriptures has to say about the matter.

I see that you fall into the trap of hanging on to one part of Sacred scriptures without looking at it holistically. It is quite common so I won't blame you for it.

Since I have explained what it means to believe in Christ using Sacred scriptures, my task now is to attempt an explanation on the bold.

But before I do, can you please tell me what you understand by the scriptural references below:

John 3:18

18 Those who believe in the Son are not judged; but those who do not believe have already been judged, because they have not believed in God's only Son.

You see, what you are doing here is what actually made me leave Christianity, nothing in the religion is straight forward. Let me explain, you see, you went and took an English translation of John 3:18 that means and says something differently from what other English translation are saying as if that is what the bible says.He quoted the same verse from the NIV and it says condemned not judge. It is my understanding that many modern translations of the bible of which the GNT is one tweak and spin the original language to make it look less sexist and less offensive. I have attended a debate about it in London some years ago.

If the English bible has different translations that render same the meanings of the same passages differently , then why call the bible the word of God? Is the NIV the word of God? What about the GNT? They are all giving the same passage very different meanings and saying very different things, which is the right translation to you?

Let me give you what other translation of the same verse have to say about it. All are John 3:18

English Standard Version
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Those who believe in him won't be condemned. But those who don't believe are already condemned [/b]because they don't believe in God's only Son.

King James Bible
He that believeth on him [b]is not condemned
: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

International Standard Version
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's unique Son.

Webster's Bible Translation
He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God

These are just a few from the other English translations that I just looked up. Please tell me why should I accept the GNT over the majority?

The bible in many places has stated that unbelievers are condemned already. . . .

Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Please show me just once place in the bible that says unbelievers will see God and be with him. I can show you so many places that says they will be dammned for their unbelief. The bible is very clear about it, but I understand that you disagree with the bible which so many common in Christendom, many Christians disagree with the bible, which is why there are many different English translations of the bible and many sects. . . .

Luke 9:49-50

49 John spoke up, “Master, we saw a man driving out demons in your name, and we told him to stop, because he doesn't belong to our group.” 50 “Do not try to stop him,” Jesus said to him and to the other disciples, “because whoever is not against you is for you.”

This passage according to my understanding is about Jesus telling his disciples not to stop a man from casting demons in his name. He then goes to tell them that who ever is not against you is for you. But from the verse you could see that the guy clearly believes in Jesus else he will not be using his name to cast out demons. . . . .

John 10:16

16 There are other sheep which belong to me that are not in this sheep pen. I must bring them, too; they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock with one shepherd.

Here Jesus to my understanding is saying that there are other people out there that are not where he is but need to reached out to by him so that they can come and be under him. Non of the verse come close to saying that unbelievers will be saved. NO where does the bible say or claim such. . . .

1 Like

Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
mazaje: This isn't addressed to me but will answer all the same. . . .

Good, but that is not the main issue here, the main issue is if unbelievers will be judged and will make heaven. The bible very clearly says they will not. As for works, the jury is not yet out on that because in some passages of the bible it emphasis faith and not good works, some books of the bible clearly state that faith alone is enough. The bible says unbelievers are condemned and that I believe is what dalaman was talking about. . .

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

Galatians 2:16
A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:20, 28
By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight. (v.20)
A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:2
For if Abraham were justified by works he hath whereof to glory? (v.28)

That aside, the bible does not say any where that unbelievers will see and be with God. In many places it says they will or are condemned already as I have stated earlier on.

You see, what you are doing here is what actually made me leave Christianity, nothing in the religion is straight forward. Let me explain, you see, you went and took an English translation of John 3:18 that means and says something differently from what other English translation are saying as if that is what the bible says.He quoted the same verse from the NIV and it says condemned not judge. It is my understanding that many modern translations of the bible of which the GNT is one tweak and spin the original language to make it look less sexist and less offensive. I have attended a debate about it in London some years ago.

If the English bible has different translations that render same the meanings of the same passages differently , then why call the bible the word of God? Is the NIV the word of God? What about the GNT? They are all giving the same passage very different meanings and saying very different things, which is the right translation to you?

Let me give you what other translation of the same verse have to say about it. All are John 3:18

English Standard Version
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Those who believe in him won't be condemned. But those who don't believe are already condemned [/b]because they don't believe in God's only Son.

King James Bible
He that believeth on him [b]is not condemned
: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

International Standard Version
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's unique Son.

Webster's Bible Translation
He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God

These are just a few from the other English translations that I just looked up. Please tell me why should I accept the GNT over the majority?

The bible in many places has stated that unbelievers are condemned already. . . .

Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Please show me just once place in the bible that says unbelievers will see God and be with him. I can show you so many places that says they will be dammned for their unbelief. The bible is very clear about it, but I understand that you disagree with the bible which so many common in Christendom, many Christians disagree with the bible, which is why there are many different English translations of the bible and many sects. . . .

This passage according to my understanding is about Jesus telling his disciples not to stop a man from casting demons in his name. He then goes to tell them that who ever is not against you is for you. But from the verse you could see that the guy clearly believes in Jesus else he will not be using his name to cast out demons. . . . .

Here Jesus to my understanding is saying that there are other people out there that are not where he is but need to reached out to by him so that they can come and be under him. Non of the verse come close to saying that unbelievers will be saved. NO where does the bible say or claim such. . . .

Sorry bros but the fair play rule has been violated, I can no longer continue with the discourse.

#A bit sad and disappointed! cry cry cry cry
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Sorry bros but the fair play rule has been violated, I can no longer continue with the discourse.

Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by mazaje(m): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Meaning? I can't come in and chip in?. . .
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
mazaje:

Meaning? I can't come in and chip in?. . .

Don't tempt me cry
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by mazaje(m): 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Don't tempt me cry

Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
mazaje:

The trolling episode is still affecting him......one doesnt recover from depression easily
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

The trolling episode is still affecting him......one doesnt recover from depression easily

Can you shift a bit?
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by benodic: 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
Justice does not wait for the afterlife. there is true divine justice in operation in the universes and it starts here and now. The law of karma or the principle of cause and effect ensures that whatever you throw into life returns back to you.

There is no escape from it. Jesus Christ even made reference to this law when he said that God is not mocked that whatsoever a man soweth so shall he reap. This law applies to all souls irrespective of their religion or race and whether you believe or not.

It is outrageous to even think that someone can lead a life full of good deeds to fellow souls and then end up in a hellish place just because he does not believe in a particular belief.

This misconception of divine justice has lead to a lot of evil in the world today where someone believes that he can blow up fellow human beings and then enjoy in heaven or someone who has been stealing from people and committing atrocities will end up in heaven just because he believes in a particular belief. it does not work that way at all. what ever you sow you will surely reap. it is just a matter of time
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by mazaje(m): 10:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
benodic:
Justice does not wait for the afterlife. there is true divine justice in operation in the universes and it starts here and now. The law of karma or the principle of cause and effect ensures that whatever you throw into life returns back to you.

There is no escape from it. Jesus Christ even made reference to this law when he said that God is not mocked that whatsoever a man soweth so shall he reap. This law applies to all souls irrespective of their religion or race and whether you believe or not.

It is outrageous to even think that someone can lead a life full of good deeds to fellow souls and then end up in a hellish place just because he does not believe in a particular belief.

This misconception of divine justice has lead to a lot of evil in the world today where someone believes that he can blow up fellow human beings and then enjoy in heaven or someone who has been stealing from people and committing atrocities will end up in heaven just because he believes in a particular belief. it does not work that way at all. what ever you sow you will surely reap. it is just a matter of time

The concept of divine justice as advocated by religions like Christianity and Islam is very unjust simple. . .
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by benodic: 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2013
@ mazaje

The concept of divine justice as advocated by religions like Christianity and Islam is very unjust simple.

it is so unfortunate that those 2 religions you mentioned has gotten a lot of spiritual principles twisted upside down all because of Ego. the fall of man is actually the rise of the Ego principle and the death of the spirit of love. every one claims that what is written in their book is the ultimate truth yet there are different interpretations of the same thing written in the book and people forgot to look for the love within their hearts and use it as a guide in their dealing with others.

fortunately the laws of God are beyond the puny mind plays of man and is no respecter of any person and is totally impartial. the love of God flows endlessly to all souls and is totally impartial and does not give a damn whether you are an Atheist, Christian, Moslem, Hinduist or Buddhist. as it flows to you as soul ,you and i are supposed to be a conduit for this love to flow to all life but unfortunately that is where the problem lies. many people close their heart to this love and go ahead to inflict hardship on other souls all in the name of my religion is bigger and better than yours.
it is really very unfortunate
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
You've been too quiet dalaman.

Whats cooking?
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by dalaman: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
muafrika:
You've been too quiet dalaman.

Whats cooking?

I have been busy. I login, but I mostly observe.
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by wordcat(m): 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
turnstoner:

JUSTICE:

Yes, we want here on earth;

under the sun moon and stars!

The people who propounded afterlife justice knew that the only way to make it credible to gullible people was to make it.... afterlife. After all no one will come back from the dead to debunk them shocked

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by lastmessenger: 11:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
I am personally convinced that Christianity is not a religion like we have Islam or budhism. Christianity is more like a system of life that is controlled by the almighty powerful God. What am I trying to say? My point is that some people believe in Christ even when they don't realise it. The spirit of Christ acts on everyone and gives us the opportunity to become like Christ. Men like bill gate as you mentioned above have responded to the Spirit of Christ and that is why he is doing what he is doing. I beg to say that bill gate will not go to hell as most professing Christians think.
There is something behind the action of any good man that you see and that thing is what I referred to as the spirit of Christ. People don't just wake up to do good things. Love poured into the believing heart by the spirit of Christ is what motivates them and the bible let us know that God is love.
Let me also that some people who call themselves Christians will not be saved because in their hearts they are far away from God. They only worship God with their lips.
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by dalaman: 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2015
lastmessenger:
I am personally convinced that Christianity is not a religion like we have Islam or budhism. Christianity is more like a system of life that is controlled by the almighty powerful God. What am I trying to say? My point is that some people believe in Christ even when they don't realise it. The spirit of Christ acts on everyone and gives us the opportunity to become like Christ. Men like bill gate as you mentioned above have responded to the Spirit of Christ and that is why he is doing what he is doing. I beg to say that bill gate will not go to hell as most professing Christians think.
There is something behind the action of any good man that you see and that thing is what I referred to as the spirit of Christ. People don't just wake up to do good things. Love poured into the believing heart by the spirit of Christ is what motivates them and the bible let us know that God is love.
Let me also that some people who call themselves Christians will not be saved because in their hearts they are far away from God. They only worship God with their lips.

Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by adexsimply(m): 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
Lol
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by johnydon22(m): 12:01am On Jan 08, 2015
lastmessenger:
habaaaaaaa..... chai chai chai.... SMH... ... Bill Gate is an atheist; Oh he is an agent of the devil... Bill Gate is a humaniterian more many christians; Oh he is just responding to the spirit of christ which he unknowingly believe in.
Guys when will u all wake up from this delusion... no force pushes us to do what we do, no supernatural power not jesus, not allah or any supernatural being u like. we do thing cus we want to and we chose to.... am sure u will flare up when a muslim pops in now and start saying bill gate was just responding to the spirit of allah... Wake up guys this concept of afterlife is one of the biggest fallacies religion have used on the world. . . u are convinced that christianity is not a religion bla bla bla... so does the muslims they dont fink theirs is not a religion too but also a way of life controlled by god nd all that bla blas.. when will u guys stop lying to urselves... Christianity, islam, hinduism etc are all religions twist it all u want that still remains the fact.
Re: Justice In The Afterlife Is No Justice At All by lastmessenger: 12:14am On Jan 08, 2015
johnydon22:

habaaaaaaa..... chai chai chai.... SMH... ... Bill Gate is an atheist; Oh he is an agent of the devil... Bill Gate is a humaniterian more many christians; Oh he is just responding to the spirit of christ which he unknowingly believe in.
Guys when will u all wake up from this delusion... no force pushes us to do what we do, no supernatural power not jesus, not allah or any supernatural being u like. we do thing cus we want to and we chose to.... am sure u will flare up when a muslim pops in now and start saying bill gate was just responding to the spirit of allah... Wake up guys this concept of afterlife is one of the biggest fallacies
religion have used on the world.
Relax bro. In life you will never know everything and that is why it is good to have an open mind. I am tha last person to tell you that this or that person will go to hell.Bill gate may think that he is an athiest but in reality he is responding to an unknown force. Why is he different from others? The simple answer is that he is responding to the spirit of Christ which has been sent to the whole world to convince men to live right.Some others will use the money to buy weapons and sponsor terrorist but he is has chosen the part of rightousness which ultimately benefits the whole of humanity.
Bill gate is a believer. Such a good mind does not come cheap. Bill gate is Gods servant. Like Nebuchadnezzar God is using Bill gate as his servant in a positive way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Faith That Works: Rev Kajode Oje - AFM Camp Meeting 2013 / Fred Hammond Gospel Singer Is A Freemason / Photo Of The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ All Black And Wearing Traditional Attir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.