Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? (6885 Views)

Factors Affecting Nursing Practice In The Public Settings / Does Andrew's Liver Salt Prevent Pregnancy? / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by LadyCCP: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hey people, please help me out with this mystery. I am less than two months pregnant and have a 15month old son. For the past one month he has being acting funny. He wasn't sick as in malaria or typhoid because did lab tests for him when he started acting like this. He has his own room but my hubby and I feel he is too little to be sleeping alone so he sleeps with is on the bed beside me. Since I got pregnant, he has been restless at night, even to the point of gathering saliva in his mouth like a pregnant woman during the day. He is also now extremely clingy and cries alot now and now hardly lets his dad carry him. All this drama started in the last one month. We even had to treat him recently for malaria and typhoid just to clear any doubt. He is not stooling or vomiting, He is eating well but just restless.

The lady in his daycare centre asked me if I am pregnant, that my pregnancy is what is affecting him, she then advised that I should stop sleeping beside him. I asked my mum and she said it affects some children. I am hearing this for the first time and it weird to me.

Did any one of you experience this? How did you cope with the situation?

1 Like

Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by bigtt76(f): 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Very possible. Children are special blessing from God with special gift. They see and feel things we can't and that's why they are called the innocents.

He is in touch with baby in your womb who might be taunting him or your son feeling pangs of jealousy of not getting much attention as before. Try and shower him much attention as before and let your husband do the same.

All the best.
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by LadyCCP: 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
@big, since I was told that its my pregnancy that is affecting him, I have been talking to him, reassuring him that he is the first seed of my womanhood, that I will always love him no matter what. I cuddle him more often now and whisper sweet things to his ears. I just don't know what to do next.

1 Like

Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by bigtt76(f): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
I understand ...you just need to pamper him make him understand you're giving him a brother or sister so he can play and have fun. Take him along each stage of the baby's development like teasing him to hear baby crying, heartbeat, smiling at him, waving etc ....just playful things that would keep him in sync before arrival.

Regards
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by LadyCCP: 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2013
194 views yet only one contributor. Na wah ooooo!!!!!.
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2013
I think it's a superstitious belief. undecided
Try and look for other reasons why he could be acting the way he is. The only way the pregnancy could be affecting him is if YOU'RE making it affect him. If not, all those things are baseless. undecided
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by azubaby(f): 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2013
Wow i think u r goin to hav a baby girl cool

Dont let his body touch urs when sleepin, ur hubby shud sleep in btw so he dosent hav Fever

He will eventually get over it
Hav a wondaful time with ur pregnancy
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2013
alutacontinua: I think it's a superstitious belief. undecided
Try and look for other reasons why he could be acting the way he is. The only way the pregnancy could be affecting him is if YOU'RE making it affect him. If not, all those things are baseless. undecided

Exactly.

He was gathering saliva in his mouth? He probably had a sore throat or painful sores in his mouth. Give him children's pain reliever or take him to the doctor to check.

He has been clinging to you? Probably because he is not feeling well ( malaria and typhoid are not the only two illnesses that can affect a child). If not due to illness then it is due to the normal seperation anxiety which is a developmental stage that happens to toddlers around this age. Got nothing to do with your pregnancy. It's just coincidental.

1 Like

Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
Lol. CC said exactly what I was saying while I was busy typing slowly on my phone.
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2013
chaircover:

LOL ile. . .the advantages of lying in bed with a laptop on a Saturday afternoon after a hard days house work and cooking grin grin

Lol! grin grin Me I was even too lazy to roll over and grab the laptop. Just took my phone from under the pillow and was lazily typing one letter at a time. grin
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2013
*Following*
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by damiso(f): 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
Why is it that Malaria and Typhoid are the go to illnesses in Nigeria? I know those diseases are common but there is this general belief that once you have a fever and throw up, voila its malaria or typhoid.

I have a 15 month old too and its part of their development to sometimes become clingy at that age.He is getting more aware of his surrondings.You being pregnant might mean you are ill or less attentive.My daughter was 21 months old when I discovered I was pregnant with my son and all I wanted to do was sleep and throw up.I more or less just left my daughter to my husband and mum cos I was just so ill.She was upset cos maybe in her lil mind she felt I had gone off her, so I had to try to at least give her cuddles just to reassure her.Its seperation anxiety as ileobatojo suggested.

Eeya Take care love, being pregnant with a toddler is one of the most tiring things ever.

..*******.......Thank God for contraception wink****
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 15, 2013
..*******.......Thank God for
contraception **** @DAMISO WHICH ONE RE U USING? PLS I WANT KNW, TO HELP MYSELF
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by LadyCCP: 6:40am On Jun 16, 2013
About time. Why una be dey ignore my thread na? Hia!

Thanks for the various views and suggestions. I took him to the hospital before treating him for Malaria and typhoid, the doc said nothing was medically wrong with him. He doesn't have high temperature or anything like that. I ran some tests on my own just to be sure and his PCV is ok but the malaria came out negative. He doesn't have sore throat. He is eating well and plays well too just the unusual behaviours lately. The worse is he won't sleep on the other side of the bed, once he touches his daddy and he senses am not the one, he will whine till he gets transfered to my corner and still won't sleep till I pet pet pet and beg him to sleep. It's exhausting abeg as I am experiencing terrible pregnancy wahala, nausea and tiredness
The only thing I take for strength is glucose d. I am still watching him well and will revisit the doc if he continues like this coming week.

I still spoke to my mum and she insist its my pregnancy affecting the child that it happens to some kids and even in most cases, the husband too.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Gboliwe: 10:25am On Jun 20, 2013
Hmmmmm
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by OperaMini1(m): 10:54am On Jun 20, 2013
azubaby: Wow i think u r goin to hav a baby girl cool

Dont let his body touch urs when sleepin, ur hubby shud sleep in btw so he dosent hav Fever

He will eventually get over it
Hav a wondaful time with ur pregnancy

And the fever go catch the man now shebi?
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by kreamidiva(f): 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] it happened to me.my 1st daughter got very ill.running serious temperature wen i was about 3 months gone.yeah...it could be the problem with ur son.
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by kpolli(m): 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
LadyCCP: Hey people, please help me out with this mystery. I am less than two months pregnant and have a 15month old son. For the past one month he has being acting funny. He wasn't sick as in malaria or typhoid because did lab tests for him when he started acting like this. He has his own room but my hubby and I feel he is too little to be sleeping alone so he sleeps with is on the bed beside me. Since I got pregnant, he has been restless at night, even to the point of gathering saliva in his mouth like a pregnant woman during the day. He is also now extremely clingy and cries alot now and now hardly lets his dad carry him. All this drama started in the last one month. We even had to treat him recently for malaria and typhoid just to clear any doubt. He is not stooling or vomiting, He is eating well but just restless.

The lady in his daycare centre asked me if I am pregnant, that my pregnancy is what is affecting him, she then advised that I should stop sleeping beside him. I asked my mum and she said it affects some children. I am hearing this for the first time and it weird to me.

Did any one of you experience this? How did you cope with the situation?

It's cos of ur dirty husband from the other topic wink

1 Like

Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2013
My 3 year old son is on holiday with my mum at the moment, the weekend I told her I was preggys again, she said wow, your son has been talking about a sister all week shocked and she called him a prophet. Never gave it a thought before but now I believe kids see things. My son is very friendly and jovial and says hello to most people (random people on the street and in shops), but there are times he refuses to say hello to some people, no matter what you say he will refuse,my mum says he can see that they are evil.

@OP, I am forced to believe the superstitious part, don't worry he will get over it.
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
kpolli:

It's cos of ur dirty husband from the other topic wink

Kai! people get mouth o lipsrsealed
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by DBestDoc(f): 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2013
LadyCCP: 194 views yet only one contributor. Na wah ooooo!!!!!.

You are a very funny person,seriously.
You never stop cracking me up.
Just cool down, the masters will soon arrive. You will get good contributions from them.

im sure loving this woman!

(@ least i've posted something)
wink wink
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by Mamacita007(f): 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2013
kpolli: It's cos of ur dirty husband from the other topic wink

lloooooll pple shud be careful when they open topics anyhow on nl
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by azubaby(f): 3:56pm On Jun 22, 2013
Opera Mini:

And the fever go catch the man now shebi?

Hian the man is not pregnant now

But op, since u say he doesnt want ur hubby to carry him either, i guess u hv to mannage until he gets over it
Re: Is My New Pregnancy Affecting My First Child? by toprealman: 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2016
Keep him in his room and show him some more love. They are too possessive and must be angry with that closeness to your hubby.

(1) (Reply)

Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? / Types Of Breastfeeding / Enugu Conducts Mass Meningitis Vaccination For Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.