Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) (28629 Views)

Driver Jumps Off Bridge To Escape Arrest / Stripping Self To Avoid Arrest In Nigeria - A New Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Ninilowo(m): 11:17am On Jun 15, 2013
gluv01: They hide behind masks and heavy clothing to commit atrocities...Shop lifting, flogging innocent citizens, rapes etc.
But why subject them to lying down publicly on the road instead of the station or cell?
Because they commit their atrocities publicly too.
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by uOhamsyahooc: 11:20am On Jun 15, 2013
Chie is a pity,how can this men insult them like this.The suppose to take them to their stations b4 penalizing them.But if I make ask wat evidence did those task force has to give to show that the are task force.Rather is bc cause the can intimidate them.
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 15, 2013
LOL. . .this is funny!
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Olaone1: 11:22am On Jun 15, 2013
grin grin
This is anti-tradition. No to foreign religions.

Pagan Naija, Okija Juju over to you

1 Like

Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by man4change(m): 11:22am On Jun 15, 2013
xo funny, but i think they are ghosts, xo y is ghost being arrested, xo funny, ara orun indeed
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by tintingz(m): 11:25am On Jun 15, 2013
bknight: This task-force will be needed around yaba, island axis of lagos. They jst dress up without occasion harassing passers-by, injecting fear as people (esp. women) run wildly and cause drama. They even beg for money.

I respect masquerades when there's a festival of some sort. Its fun to watch culture on display but yes, these disgraceful ones I talked abt here should be arrested.
dem plenty for yaba area...i remember when one wanted to flog me, omoh i make sure i avoid that long thin stick grin
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 15, 2013
Hungry hoodlum in a masquerade's costume. undecided
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Jadeng: 11:25am On Jun 15, 2013
LOL!
This is what I call "Fear dey fear fear". cheesy
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Afritop(m): 11:30am On Jun 15, 2013
ABOMINATION! In olden days myth anyone who tries that will be beaten overnight by spirits
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by pressyhaywhy(m): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2013
ARA-AYE FIYA JE ARAORUN, WHERE DEN DROP DERE CHARM.
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by ATMCARD2(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2013
r231: EGUNGUN BEWARE as task force arrest local masquerade.

Can't stop laughing!!! grin grin
.Task force don humble dis masqurerade.I tink say na spirit?LWKMD oooo
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Henry22(m): 11:36am On Jun 15, 2013
NA WAO O grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 15, 2013
For the masquerade that flogged me,I say humiliate them all!!!
They should have unmasked him and stripped him down to his boxers
Hopefully he is wearing boxers underneath his regalia
grin

1 Like

Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 15, 2013
this our country is just too funny.
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by SirFemiTopstar(m): 11:38am On Jun 15, 2013
This is one na urban masqurade oh.It is as a result of hunger.
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Odunharry(m): 11:38am On Jun 15, 2013
dem no fit wipe am cane ni?make dm use tree branch wipe am well...

Cant 4get d day i was caned by a masquarade..d masquarade get luck say dm plenty i for fight am
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by anonimi: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2013
And I thought the egungun (masqeurade) is part of our cultural heritage that can be leveraged upon to draw international tourists to something that is PARTICULAR about us and DIFFERENT from other people.
Do we not deserve to respect such heritage?
And find ways to reform and correct the abnormal issues?

2 Likes

Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by tintingz(m): 11:42am On Jun 15, 2013
babyosisi: For the masquerade that flogged me,I say humiliate them all!!!
They should have unmasked him and stripped him down to his boxers
Hopefully he is wearing boxers underneath his regalia
grin
tongue
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by UsefulUsuf(m): 11:42am On Jun 15, 2013
attention to u all.
the fight between army and police officer in badagry last year was exactly one year after the badagry police station dpo detained an egungun in cell and the DPO was killed by the army on dat day after one year
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2013
LMAO!! this is sacrilege!! the task force should bring 3 goats and 7 tubers of yam to appease the gods. grin grin
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by maclatunji: 11:45am On Jun 15, 2013
K,k:
Funny how our old ways are no more respected.

Old and illegal ways.
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by 8686(m): 11:46am On Jun 15, 2013
Egungun toh f**k up... grin Thought they used to say they were next to gods shocked
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by waja(m): 11:47am On Jun 15, 2013
They are causing evil. 2 months ago, they chased a company that was working on my street at Ihiala LGA. The cultprints were arrested and fined. They only succeeded in slowing the work.
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by anonimi: 11:48am On Jun 15, 2013
maclatunji:

Old and illegal ways.

Illegal according to who?
The colonial masters and their half-brained politician inheritors of today

2 Likes

Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Joshcoli(m): 11:49am On Jun 15, 2013
yuzedo: huh? But atink maskurade no how to fight like jacky chant??! undecided op bro dis photochop, dun lie!! Maskurade can dissappare like spirit in my vilegge. Af see it LIFE!!! angry

Yepa! I don't believe this, with this level of
Internet exposure at your disposal...
And you drop this #mabrotheryouneedhelp
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Emylexray(m): 11:50am On Jun 15, 2013
hahahaha. . this is illarious. see as them postrate yakata. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Linoversace: 11:50am On Jun 15, 2013
UsefulUsuf: attention to u all.
the fight between army and police officer in badagry last year was exactly one year after the badagry police station dpo detained an egungun in cell and the DPO was killed by the army on dat day after one year
huh
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by successking: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2013
What are they masquerading in African culture? Is it for the fun of it?
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by goldolu: 11:59am On Jun 15, 2013
yuzedo: huh? But atink maskurade no how to fight like jacky chant??! undecided op bro dis photochop, dun lie!! Maskurade can dissappare like spirit in my vilegge. Af see it LIFE!!! angry
I thought masqurades are spirits
Re: Task Force Arrest Local Masquerade (picture) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
cant stop laughing,good for lazy things grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Important Dates Of 2016. / Man Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie With Gun / Tipper Crushes A Woman On Bike Dead In Kaduna This Morning(graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.