Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Alayoka - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alayoka (705 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alayoka by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
Even though I have not concluded my story on boomerang, I need to upload this.
Re: Alayoka by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
Update coming soon
Re: Alayoka by An0nimus: 12:10am On Jun 15, 2013
my advice is to finish one first. One story is more than enough headache to deal with. Just my opinion anyways, you're the writer.
Re: Alayoka by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 17, 2013
An0nimus: my advice is to finish one first. One story is more than enough headache to deal with. Just my opinion anyways, you're the writer.
oh! Tanx but someone asked me to put this down for review
Re: Alayoka by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
Town: Ilu Agaga
Tradition: a person without a child cannot be crowned King
Oba Adegoye, the king of Agaga passed on, he had just a child, Ademola the Aremo of Agaga town, though Ademola had been married for more than 10 years but he had no child. When it was time to choose a new king, the chiefs called a meeting with Ademola

"Otun is saying the truth, we all know the tradition and it has been like this since the time of our fore fathers" the iyalode said facing Aremo who was listening attentively
Balogun adjusted his seat " A sensible cripple would not die in an expected battle"
"Never"Osi interrupted as balogun continued "we cannot go against the rules of this land for your sake and risk getting the gods angry, you have been married for long and if the problem is with your wife, then get a second wife"
"Iyawo kekere is not a bad option, ilumoye (the town) is giving you a year, just a year" the iyalode continued "a year for you to father a child, the Adele would keep the post waiting, if you don't father a child before then, we would be forced to visit Arelu village"
"Yes! We would have no choice but to call your distant cousin at Arelu to become our king" osi added
"Ese o eyin ilu (thank u chiefs) I have heard everything you said, I know the gods are with me, my late father's spirit is behind me, before the end of the grace period u ve given to me I ll father a child, and I ll be back here with my heir to sit on my father's throne" Adewale answered

Shewa and her husband Ademola, watch the Oluawo of Aworo village as called the names of the gods in incantations, the oluawo faced the couple " the gods have seen your troubled mind, Orunmila is ready to help you, you will father a child soon"
"Thank you baba, I am nothing but fed up, we have tried everytin we can, performed sacrifices and all but still the gods refused to bless us with a child, but we have heard a lot about you baba, that's why we came all the way from Agaga town" ademola said to oluawo who kept smiling
"Hmm mm here is where your problems would be resolved, if you do whateva orunmila ask you to do then you sing a song of joy" oluawo replied smiling
"Ese baba" shewa answered

(1) (Reply)

Her Worst Fears Came To Hit Her / Insipid Desire / The Miraculous Deliverance Of Oga Jona By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.