Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,997 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. (23662 Views)

Prophet T.O Obadare Buried In Osun / Obadare Died After Three-day Revival Programme – Church / Prophet T O Obadare Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by rodeo0070(m): 6:48am On Jun 15, 2013
The late Apostle Timothy Obadare would be buried in a gold-plated casket as a mark of honour for his contributions to Christendom.

This was disclosed by his first son, Pastor Paul Obadare, during a press briefing organised by the family and his protégés in Lagos on the burial arrangement.

Obadare said, “The coffin to be used for the burial of our father, Apostle Timothy Obadare, is taken after the type used for the burial of the late Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston.”

However, Saturday PUNCH’s check showed that these celebrities were buried in Batesville-branded golden caskets, which cost between $25,000 and $30,000.

He said the late founder of World Soul Winning Evangelical Ministry deserved to be so honoured.

Paul, who is the General Overseer of the church in the United States of America, described his father as a national figure, who made lasting impact on the nation in his time.

He said other events lined up for the burial of the renowned evangelist include an exhibition of snapshots of crusade documentaries.

He added that there will be lying-in-state in Ilesha, Osun State in a transparent ambulance.

“Our father was a renowned teacher of the bible, a great missionary, crusader and devoted apostle of Jesus Christ. He lived a well-fulfilled exemplary life of a good Christian.

“He served man and God before his passing. We the children, biological and spiritual, have come together to give him a deserving burial as a national figure.

“There will be service of songs in Ilesha, Akure, Ibadan and Lagos, while he will be interred at a mausoleum prepared for his final rest at WOSEM conference ground at Ilesha-Ife, in Osun State,” he added.

Meanwhile, one of his protégés, Pastor Ladi Thompson, among others, extolled the virtues of the late preacher

SOURCE: www.punchng.com/news/obadare-to-be-buried-in-gold-plated-casket/
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 15, 2013
I'm surprised and kindda amazed that a 'Man of God' would be buried in a Gold Casket. What did his Bible tell him about life after death? His family members should pray that his soul is welcomed into heaven and not waste money on vanity... No matter your standing on earth... You're a NOBODY once dead! BTW i'm FTC

20 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by orelove4liff: 7:17am On Jun 15, 2013
I hope people wont go and remove d casket 4rm d grave wen all must hav gone.30,000 * 157 =4,710,000 naira

5 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by firstolalekan(m): 9:51am On Jun 15, 2013
Rubbish!
will that make him go to heaven?
wasting of money
Am sure they will use people's tithe to purchase it. angry
And they call themselves men of god sad
Money that can be used to build a memorial orphanage home cry

16 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Policewoman(f): 9:52am On Jun 15, 2013
rodeo0070:

SOURCE: www.punchng.com/news/obadare-to-be-buried-in-gold-plated-casket/
Diamond Casket won't make him go to heaven or hell if he is already where he is supposed to be. Instead of using that money to feed the poor, they spend it in putting a rotting corpse, 6 feet in the soil.

5 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by buoye1(m): 9:52am On Jun 15, 2013
U ppu are jx complaining abt d casket!!!!!!!!!!!liv dis man alone nw.....dis thief-politicians dies n use more expensive casket let his ppu do wateva did any of u here castigating contributed money 4 d purchase??

2 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by abduldope(m): 9:53am On Jun 15, 2013
GOLD shocked WTF!!!! Na me go 1st DiG am commot... Cus pple de wen na OdinaRY wooD dem use 4 dem.. grin so no offense if i carve wooD replace am cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:53am On Jun 15, 2013
He is travelling to heaven where everything including it floor is pure gold. Money which opt to be use on a tangible project was wasted on dead carcass.

2 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by momodub: 9:54am On Jun 15, 2013
Rip
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Blain(m): 9:54am On Jun 15, 2013
Why nt giv dat huge sum 2 charity...
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by emalek: 9:55am On Jun 15, 2013
wetin concern una with how dey go spend there money. If u dy vex abeg go hug the casket
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by gunuvi(m): 9:56am On Jun 15, 2013
Okay na. So will he and MJ, Whitney Houston be in same place in their after life?
So the pastor son is telling me that the expensive casket is honour. Shame!

1 Like

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by buoye1(m): 9:56am On Jun 15, 2013
INNO18: I'm surprised and kindda amazed that a 'Man of God' would be buried in a Gold Casket. What did his Bible tell him about life after death? His family members should pray that his soul is welcomed into heaven and not waste money on vanity... No matter your standing on earth... You're a NOBODY once dead! BTW i'm FTC
....so being a pastor shld he b buried lke a goat??dnt put spirituality in every tin........Obadare na human being lik goodluck&bill gate....so let his family do wateva dey wnt

4 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 15, 2013
Some one need to tell this folks that the man didnt make the decision. The people chose to honour him. Its like if a relative dies, you could just bury him with about six people in attendance. But if he is dear to you and impacted you, whats wrong if you decide to honour him by "celebrating" his home going. To me, i would not consider the idea of gold casket, cos i dont really know much about him and his impact. But let the people be, even if they want to bury him in jupiter, is it your money? ITK worries some folks here.

2 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Maxymilliano(m): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2013
Good for him and the family, so far as they can afford it. No biggie
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by yoged(m): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2013
Gold casket? Okay. His wosem church in ilesa is just 5minutes drive to my parents house. We will dig the casket and we'll carry it ..... Ringing dose bad boys in my town to be aware. Grab phone, calling egungun suneri, danger, oju-yobo, and co. No one can stop dem coz police sef dey fear dose guys. MMBM( Money Must Be Make) nonsense and rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by ayd91(m): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2013
Hmmmm. Seems like tomb raiders are already concluding plans to show their respect and relieve his casket of the burdensome gold.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Bishop4bella(m): 10:01am On Jun 15, 2013
I tot he has been buried. My thought is, they shld display his body in such a way that people who does nt knw will see him rather than spendin huge amount. Though no b goverment money.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Onliie(m): 10:02am On Jun 15, 2013
nothing is wrong with that. Jesus was buried in a specially acquired tomb. so deal with it

2 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by mebad(m): 10:02am On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by WIZGUY69(m): 10:06am On Jun 15, 2013
everybody just dey type wetin em like ; why nt give charity, why nt give it to the poor! If una wan help poor people make una 2 go hustle for money nah!! D man has done great things in his life time so they need to give him his last respect!!

1 Like

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by AbuMikey(m): 10:08am On Jun 15, 2013
No big deal!!
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by 234GT(m): 10:09am On Jun 15, 2013
They should provide 24-hour security at the tomb, because boys don't mind exhuming him to get the gold. Boys are not smiling!
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by AbuMikey(m): 10:09am On Jun 15, 2013
yoged: Gold casket? Okay. His wosem church in ilesa is just 5minutes drive to my parents house. We will dig the casket and we'll carry it ..... Ringing dose bad boys in my town to be aware. Grab phone, calling egungun suneri, danger, oju-yobo, and co. No one can stop dem coz police sef dey fear dose guys. MMBM( Money Must Be Make) nonsense and rubbish.
Are you serious? gringrincheesy

1 Like

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by hollandis(f): 10:10am On Jun 15, 2013
If you like bury him in diamond just give me the location and am good lipsrsealed
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by dridowu: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2013
Waste of money
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2013
This is sad. And dey claim to be xtians? Dey hv no iota of understanding of d bible dey claim to preach. Dnt dey know dat our bodies r just outer coverings and dat d real you is ur spirit? Hw does burying his dead covering honour him? Is he aware of it? If he has done well in xtianity, is going to heaven not d real honour? Bunch of fools and thieves leading churches.

2 Likes

Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by bknight: 10:10am On Jun 15, 2013
What kind of orientation do these "today's preachers" have? Smh!

These MOG must be practicing another religion because in them I don't recognize christianity anymore undecided
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by adepojuot: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2013
INNO18: I'm surprised and kindda amazed that a 'Man of God' would be buried in a Gold Casket. What did his Bible tell him about life after death? His family members should pray that his soul is welcomed into heaven and not waste money on vanity... No matter your standing on earth... You're a NOBODY once dead! BTW i'm FTC
that is none of ur business,our bible does not allow us to judge anybody. So allow the children to give their father last respect. After all his children does not ask anybody to donate for the burial.
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by born2fuckpussy: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2013
orelove4liff: I hope people wont go and remove d casket 4rm d grave wen all must hav gone.30,000 * 157 =4,710,000 naira
I trust my naija people, once the location of have known, casket won't last a year in the grave,they probably borrowing, the owners will soon come and uproot it except they hire securities for lifetime watching over it
Re: Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. by Josephinenick: 10:14am On Jun 15, 2013
Oga using a casket dat whot # 4,710,000 to bury a dead body dat will decompose to sand is meaningless because dere are many living souls dat u can change their lives wit dis huge amount of money .Oga using a casket dat whot # 4,710,000 to bury a dead body dat will decompose to sand is meaningless because dere are many living souls dat u can change their lives wit dis huge amount of money .Oga using a casket dat whot # 4,710,000 to bury a dead body dat will decompose to sand is meaningless because dere are many living souls dat u can change their lives wit dis huge amount of money .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? / Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His / What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.