Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) (22211 Views)

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) / Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by christ4mi(f): 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ado Bayero is the Emir of Kano and the son of Abdullahi Bayero, the former emir, who reigned for 27 years. Muhammadu Sanusi who was Ado Bayero's half brother ruled after their father from 1953-1963. Following his dethronement in 1963, Muhammadu Inuwa ruled only for three months.

After his death, Ado Bayero ascended the throne in October 1963. Ado is one of the longest-serving emirs in the emirate's history.

During his tenure, the emirate has been transformed from a powerful native authority into a custodian of Hausa language and Islamic traditions. Bayero's palace plays host to official visits by many government personnel and foreigners, but in 1981 Governor Abubakar Rimi restricted traditional homage paid by village heads to Ado Bayero and excised some domains from his emirate.

In 1984, a travel ban was placed on the emir and his friend Okunade Sijuwade. Although the military are sometimes seen as relying on traditional rulers for support, many military regimes in the past reduced the powers of traditional rulers such as Bayero.

Bayero is a former chancellor of the University of Nigeria and currently the chancellor of the University of Ibadan. He has served as the chief of the Kano police. He was installed the Emir of Kano on October 22, 1963, becoming the 13th Fulani emir of Kano and the 56th ruler of the Kano Kingdom. Today (15th June, 2013) he celebrate 50years on Throne

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by playcharles(m): 1:25am On Jun 16, 2013
how does it affect us from watching it live as we did in 1882.
politically sponsored and PDP shud be held responsible

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by smile4kenn(m): 1:25am On Jun 16, 2013
wow
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 16, 2013
Meanwhile 3rd to
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by supaeagles(m): 1:33am On Jun 16, 2013
Ranka dede to the Sarkin of the Kano caliphate ..... meanwhile I am rocking to the tune of this beat .... grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsn9rfz1GyQ
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by clemmonce(m): 1:39am On Jun 16, 2013
sanniemoe: Meanwhile 3rd to
for midnight again u stil dey do third to comment?

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by born2fuckpussy: 1:40am On Jun 16, 2013
I thinkk I need weed tea
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Biodup: 1:43am On Jun 16, 2013
50yrs on d throne, u don try. u av been eaten money since eary independent haba! se na ony you dey for royal family for kano? money abacha given una still dey?
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 16, 2013
He is the longest serving emir in the emirate. lol.
Why the emirate can not leave us and form their own emirate. e.g United Sharia Emirate or United Desert Emirate.
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by fapcrook(m): 2:01am On Jun 16, 2013
kk
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 16, 2013
Mtcheeeeew, who cares undecided
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by oweniwe(m): 2:05am On Jun 16, 2013
nawa o. d man tired. e no easy
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 16, 2013
Congrats King!

Btw, where at? grin

She has been on the run since she was ________________. grin grin grin
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Ezedon(m): 2:56am On Jun 16, 2013
is he one of the chief sponsors of BH
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by gunuvi(m): 3:26am On Jun 16, 2013
Congrats sir! Pls try live long o so that small midget wey dey steal our money for abuja go wait tire and possibly die sef before you die as e dey wait everyday for u to die so he can ascend the emir throne.
God go be with u, amen.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 16, 2013
I hear say na Sanusi Lamido Sanusi dey in line to be d next emir. Hope im don dey warm up o.
BTW, na im papa be dat one wey dem dethrone?
Meanwhile, Congrats to d emir.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by kalunomics(m): 4:04am On Jun 16, 2013
Nice costumes
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Abiyamo: 4:09am On Jun 16, 2013
Who has your time? LOL! I had exams and of course, working on new projects wink
ShyM-X:
Congrats King!

Btw, where at? grin

She has been on the run since she was ________________. grin grin grin
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by FILEBE(m): 4:29am On Jun 16, 2013
playcharles: how does it affect us from watching it live as we did in 1882.
politically sponsored and PDP shud be held responsible
like play like play. Pdp don curse dis guy o
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:46am On Jun 16, 2013
Abiyamọ: Who has your time? LOL! I had exams and of course, working on new projects wink

Stop fronting, love. grin

Btw, just make sure you keep hyperbole out of your new project. If you can do that; I might make you my 25th wife. I'm trying to raise a nation and having a fulani chic as part of it won't be a bad idea. tongue

Shalom!
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by marex: 5:27am On Jun 16, 2013
Gesuwa mai yewa zuwa wujen ka.....mai martaban Kano!

Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by dulaman: 5:34am On Jun 16, 2013
He is ngeria's age mate. Could the dethrone emir be sanusi's father or grandfather?
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:34am On Jun 16, 2013
Congratulation sir we wish you more years ahead.
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Symphony007: 6:00am On Jun 16, 2013
Look at all the praises he is getting from every leader accross the country but there is a monarch in delta state that is the second longest reigning monarch in the world, he has ruled for 64 years, that is 5 years longer than queen elizabeth and just months later than the king of thailand. Why is he not he getting such recognition by our the country? Even all you nairalanders, shame on you. Look at the thrend on this great man and not a single comment, shame on the MOD too for not making it frontpage. Hausa comes first i guess!!

https://www.nairaland.com/548191/world-second-longest-ruling-monarch-nigerian

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Foodconsumer(m): 6:18am On Jun 16, 2013
Ezedon: is he one of the chief sponsors of BH
KID!
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 16, 2013
Symphony007: Look at all the praises he is getting from every leader accross the country but there is a monarch in delta state that is the second longest reigning monarch in the world, he has ruled for 64 years, that is 5 years longer than queen elizabeth and just months later than the king of thailand. Why is he not he getting such recognition by our the country? Even all you nairalanders, shame on you. Look at the thrend on this great man and not a single comment, shame on the MOD too for not making it frontpage. Hausa comes first i guess!!

https://www.nairaland.com/548191/world-second-longest-ruling-monarch-nigerian
You fit check the trend now, I don go drop my comment grin

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by firstolalekan(m): 6:25am On Jun 16, 2013
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Decryptor(m): 6:26am On Jun 16, 2013
How does this help me capture Shekarau of BH? I really want to catch that man and hand him over to the American Embassy. $7m no be beans angry

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 16, 2013
These people do NOT look anything like us in the South ? Where did they migrate from ? Are you pondering what am pondering ?
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 16, 2013
These people do NOT look anything like us in the South ? Where did they migrate from ? Are you pondering what am pondering ? Their designs and art looks so alien to common sense.
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by Walejana: 6:34am On Jun 16, 2013
Re: Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures) by theripper3: 6:39am On Jun 16, 2013
Offshoots of Usman dan fodio -- the Jihadist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Reasons Nigerian Children Are Not Speaking Their Native Language / Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) / Your Favourite Yoruba Proverbs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.