Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Advice A Confused Corp Member - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Advice A Confused Corp Member (1015 Views)

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp member Posted To RIVERS Let's Meet Here / NYSC Punishes Some Batch A 2014 Corp Member For Forgery Of Medical Report / Please Advice A Corper Who Was Just Robbed Of N90,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice A Confused Corp Member by Ebuka478(m): 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
NYSC deployed me to Taraba state, after which I was posted to a Local Government Secretariat for my P.P.A. This however meant that the L.G. would shoulder the responsibility of paying my Ten Thousand Naira monthly state allowance. The long and short of it all is that, we're not paid our April allowance. This the L.G. blamed on logistics, they however promised to pay both April and May allowances together. A few days ago, we went for our allowances and were told stories again. As a matter of fact, the L.G. Head of Service told us that "an allowance is a priviledge and not a right" and that we should go and pray about it. I dont know how a right thinking person could call a state policy a priviledge. Both the L.I. and Z.I. are aware of this and have done nothing about it. I'm thinking of taking it up with the NYSC Taraba state Coordinator, but, my fear is the consequences this action might have. PLEASE advice a confused corp member.
Re: Advice A Confused Corp Member by tallfish145(m): 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
My fellow corper,he's right o,just kip praying over it!
Re: Advice A Confused Corp Member by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2013
Press further! Ur results will come. He doesn't knw wat his saying(head of service) n anyone telling u 2 sit in ur house n pray is obviously a docile slowpoke n religios bigots trying 2 deter ur bravery n valiance.

Same thing happened wt my PPA when I was serving, I crusaded n clamouered wt friends till mountains were moved. Ride on bro

(1) (Reply)

House Of Reps Reacts To NYSC Slashing / Help Me Confirm Is This Rumor True / Dos And Don’ts Of Writing A Cover Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.