Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? (34126 Views)

Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria / I Finished With A 2-1...do I Need A Masters Degree? / How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 07, 2008
is there any hope for those of us "unfortunate" to have finished with 3rd class? its not fair that we are judged for the rest of our career lives cuz of this,
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by 4Him1(m): 11:41pm On May 07, 2008
kazan:

is there any hope for those of us "unfortunate" to have finished with 3rd class? its not fair that we are judged for the rest of our career lives because of this,

you shld have thought of the repercussions before playing in school.

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by MyPeace(f): 9:52am On May 08, 2008
Why did you put the unfortunate on quote? Unfortunate in the sense that you are marked down or what?

l dont want to go into this controversial issue.

There is hope for you, if you believe in urself and not on the paper qualification!!
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by donmayor(m): 12:11pm On May 09, 2008
There is no hope for you if you believe there is no hope and there is hope if you believe there is hope - your choice
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by uuuuuu(m): 7:43pm On May 09, 2008
It is only GOD u can look upto,ur certificate cannot help u.we that had good results from university waitd for a time before we got hooked up.Please it is only God that can help you.PUT UR TRUST ON HIM,HE NEVER FAILS

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by sushiluv(f): 2:44pm On May 10, 2008
To Him or wat did u call urself?

Is it all does with 3rd class that played when in school and is it all does with 1st class that read well  in school?Let me use u as an example u mit have a first class but does it show in the way u reason?I met a lady when serving and while hurrying her up she said  what will the  LGO do i quote'IS THERE ANYTHING MONEY CANT DO?'some pay their way some sleep their way and some do read.

To Kazan

There's hope i have a friend with 3rd class but with divine favour she got a job in a bank!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by MyPeace(f): 10:35am On May 12, 2008
sushiluv:

To Him or what did u call yourself?

Is it all does with 3rd class that played when in school and is it all does with 1st class that read well in school?Let me use u as an example u mit have a first class but does it show in the way u reason?I met a lady when serving and while hurrying her up she said what will the LGO do i quote'IS THERE ANYTHING MONEY CANT DO?'some pay their way some sleep their way and some do read.

To Kazan

There's hope i have a friend with 3rd class but with divine favour she got a job in a bank!!!!

hmmm!!!, it takes divine intervention to understand ur grammar!
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by blasterman(m): 5:08pm On May 12, 2008
If u have third class , you have to try and get ur work experience going so that hopefully you will meet an employer that values experience oer qualifications.

Finally try to get probably a Masters or PGD.

All the best
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by sagod: 2:03pm On May 13, 2008
Let me firstly remind you that it is the Lord that shows mercy (favour). It really does not matter what the circumstances are. Sometimes situations as this (having a 3rd class) definetely will make one to trust in God the more and the word of God assures that with God nothing shall be impossible.

And again, you should know that the Bible says that the righteous shall live by faith. It well with our souls, even with those that have 3rd class.

Pray and put your trust in God for He alone can divinely visit you.

Once again, it is well!
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 13, 2008
life is what you make it. . .

while a lot of people get thirds bcause they played their way thru school, its not always the case. the nigerian educational system, what with incompetent, lacvicious lecturers who expect you to execute a mental 'copy and paste' is no true marker of peoples academic ability.

that aide, i know three diff peeps who rinished ith thirds who are doing very well now.

one was my frind in school. dude read microbio, was plenty serious ,but even so. .third. during NYSC , jhe went full scale into java programming, got sun certifications, got a job with small firm. plenty of hard times, even some disappointments( he completed an it interview marathon with uba/stb before the third issue came up. they couldnt believe he had a third- but they didnt give him the job. 2day, he is self employed and pulling down plenty doe.

another - my classmate who WAS unserious. IMHO , anyway. after nysc, she did cisco cert, eventually got a job with a phone company whose nme i forget. MTN acquired the co, she was retained - 300% salary increase - enter the big girl. . .

IMHO, life is what you make it. the same applies to peeps with 2'2s .there are even plenty of fellas with 2'1s still looking for work. .

everything comes to he who hustels while he waits. as long as you focus on developing valauble skills, you will get a good job . it may not be immediate - but what the heck. . .we all need to go through the fire. . .what would life be if it were a mere bed of roses?

3 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by syskay(m): 2:27pm On May 13, 2008
Life and death is in the power of the tongue. Remember that as a man thinks in his heart, so is he.

Be positive because with God All things are possible.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by abubaka(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2008
my broda it all depends on hw strong ur faith is.I must tell u that am a HND graduate and God was so kind i got good job in one of these multinationals and my pay is good.
And as so much blive in Naija,HND graduates are second class graduate,but i so much blive that Gods shall do it and am happy to let u that ma always smiling to the bank at end of every month.
So bro,just blive and it shall work out 4 u.Afterall is naija wey dey where ur class of degree does not matter much but who u know.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by skyone(m): 2:40pm On May 13, 2008
(i) John Prescot  studied economics after he left royal army and came out with 2:2 and was the deputy prime minister of Britain for good lovely ten years.

(ii) Bill Gate a drop out now the second richest on Earth.

(iii) My cousin B Dada, came out with a 3rd got to UK in the late 90s and got merit in Masters, did CeMap, ACCA and now have asset worth of £700,000.

(iv) Tony Blair 2:1
(v) My boss a college graduate but full of experience, he's the Financial Controller.

(VI) Myself a 2:2 graduate and i believe im better than some who got 1st or 2:1. Believe in yourself.

Now my friend, sometimes  circumstances, problems of different kinds in life could lead to students acheiving less grades such a third or pass not that they are not clever or hardworking although some students could be generally unserious.

The bottom line is your hope is in God's hand, after all our past Presidents didn't even smell the gate of a university and they ruled us.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by lami4life(f): 2:47pm On May 13, 2008
@ comments

Faith without works is dead. If you believe dat God can make a way out for u, the next step is to take practical steps toward improving urself, such dat would make u look 'attractive' to employers.  I suggest u do a post graduate diploma and then a masters' degree program to boost ur chances. Professional qualifications can be a catalyst too.

Do something and stop crying over spilled milk
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by laidback(m): 2:51pm On May 13, 2008
@oyb
"what with incompetent, lacvicious lecturers who expect you to execute a mental 'copy and paste' is no true marker of peoples academic ability"

man, i like that.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by yemmight(m): 3:01pm On May 13, 2008
@poster

Have you ever asked what grades some great pple in Naija today came out with? etc Gani Fawehnmi, Jim Ovia etc yet they remain greatest.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by SENATORJD(m): 3:04pm On May 13, 2008
@kazan, men there is serious hope , a 1st degree doesnt mean u would live a 1st class life and a 3rd class degree doesnt mean u'd live a 3rd class life.all u need do is dust urself up and give life ur best shot.the life u eventually would live is all in ur head and not in a degree.
really dig what skyone wrote cos with or without a degree yo can make the best of life, its all in wht u accept and wht you dont bro.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by brauneyes: 3:07pm On May 13, 2008
William Gates, college Dropout - then
Today - World renowned Billionaire(US Dollars)
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by suze(f): 3:23pm On May 13, 2008
i have 2 friends who came out with a third class. One works with a bank. She got the job 6months after nysc, the second one works with total ,he scored the highest in their aptitude test and perdformed well in their interview. There were a lot of other people with 2-1's that wrote the same test that i know and they were not even taken.

I know agirl with 3rd class that works with glo and is earning big.

If u will get a job, u will get.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 13, 2008
boss, there is big time hope for u. don't freght. u may have to work twice as hard.
i would also suggest supplementing ur grade with some professional exams.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by favcom(m): 3:34pm On May 13, 2008
Third Class, SO WHAT
Whatever your grade in organised school system shouldn't determine who you become.
The Nigerian education situation, mostly does not reveal the real you - and you have to prove it otherwise.
With a firm believe in your abilities and dedication to success, you'll chart a brighter future.
SEE YOU AT THE TOP!!!
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Ezinwannem: 3:48pm On May 13, 2008
look for more certificate programs to do
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by rubi(f): 4:06pm On May 13, 2008
It is not of him that runneth nor of him that willeth but only GOD ALMIGHTY who showeth mercy
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Epiphany(m): 4:10pm On May 13, 2008
Dude, while you sit back asking if there is any hope for you because you made a 3rd class, life is passing you by. Dont be bothered by what you made, but look for ways to 'wipe' that off your slate.
There are numerous certification exams you can take, which most multinational companies will rather accept, over your BSc or BA degree. there is Prince2 or PMP for project managers, Cisco exams (CCNA CCIE CC** etc) for those who are computer oriented and a host of others.
I know people who came out of school with even worse degree's but are making it today, either on their own or employed by companies.
Apart from that, we often talk about the high and mighty in the world and many of them do not even have degrees - Bill Gates, Richard Branson, and even our own Dangote (i have never known anyone to say he has a degree but i may be wrong).
Just think positive, my friend, and work towards something greater,
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by dee02(m): 4:16pm On May 13, 2008
suze:

i have 2 friends who came out with a third class. One works with a bank. She got the job 6months after nysc, the second one works with total ,he scored the highest in their aptitude test and perdformed well in their interview. There were a lot of other people with 2-1's that wrote the same test that i know and they were not even taken.

I know agirl with 3rd class that works with glo and is earning big.

If u will get a job, u will get.

Shut the fu/ck up!!LIAR
3rd class works in TOTAL? you are having a laff or you are either cooking your response up!
Unless your friend knows someone there who has given him the job not on merit but on personal recognition, then there is no way he can do a graduate job in TOTAL with a 3rd class, absolutely load of ruffle rubbish from u!
No disrespect u can work in TOTAL with a 3rd class but what you do and level of responsibility depends ( You could be  a gaurd, cook, driver, engineering assistants and logistics personnel) and i certainly don't agree your friend does a job above graduate level qualification with a 3RD CLASS unless na "connection"

YOU CAN PROVE IT TO US ALL

@Poster
My guy, with your 3RD CLASS, you can still go all the way, just rack up more qualifications and keep working hard picking up any work experience chances here and there
Not all the 1st class or 2nd class graduates earned, deserved and succeed with it believe me!

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Epiphany(m): 4:22pm On May 13, 2008
dee02:

Shut the fu/ck up!!LIAR
3rd class works in TOTAL? you are having a laff or you are either cooking your response up!
Unless your friend knows someone there who has given him the job not on merit but on personal recognition, then there is no way he can do a graduate job in TOTAL with a 3rd class, absolutely load of ruffle rubbish from u!
No disrespect u can work in TOTAL with a 3rd class but what you do and level of responsibility depends ( You could be  a gaurd, cook, driver, engineering assistants and logistics personnel) and i certainly don't agree your friend does a job Above graduate level qualification with a 3RD CLASS unless na "connection"

You CAN PROVE IT TO US ALL

@Poster
My guy, with your 3RD CLASS, you can still go all the way, just rack up more qualifications and keep working hard picking up any work experience chances here and there
Not all the 1st class or 2nd class graduates earned, deserved and succeed with it believe me!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAH, dee, why are you so upset?
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by obiem(m): 4:25pm On May 13, 2008
Roll call: Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka did n't make a first call nor 2.1 or even 2.2, learnt he made a 3rd class,
Human Rights lawyer Gani Fawehinmi did the same result in school but today these men today cannot but be mentioned in our daily lives as men who have affected lives , made names for themselves and most importantly, be the best at what they are doing. So cheer up, take the initiative develop yourself and don't let the 3rd class stigma live with you.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by dee02(m): 4:26pm On May 13, 2008
Epiphany:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAH, dee, why are you so upset?

LOL
I just hate liars EPIPHANY!
Some things are blatantly untrue yet some people would still wanna take u for a MUGU!lol
Its all fun tho
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by sheniqua: 4:33pm On May 13, 2008
With God all things are possible.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by mooch(m): 4:36pm On May 13, 2008
While u r busy moaning over your circumstances, the world is passing you by. I would have thought that finding your self in this situation would act more like a catalyst than any thing else. Wake up! U r what you make your self. If you believe u have no hope, then there is really no hope for you. Challenge your self into becoming something. If you had told us your discipline it would have helped us in tailoring our advice to suit you adequately. But the basic point is this, further your education. To get a masters you might have to do a Post Graduate Diploma first. Go for it! You don't have all the time. Find out what certifications are relevant to your field and start reading for them. The clock is ticking guy,
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by ubest1(m): 4:41pm On May 13, 2008
third class graduate, even have hope more than first class graduate as long Nigeria is concern, not even that, most of the third class, far-far better academy wise than the first class, but is good to acheive first class, but third class graduate have more than one million hope to survive life.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by mooch(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2008
dee02:

LOL
I just hate liars EPIPHANY!
Some things are blatantly untrue yet some people would still want to take u for a MUGU!lol
Its all fun tho

Guy this is Nigeria o. Any thing is possible. Whether with long leg or other wise fact is, it's possible!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Percentage Of Your Salary Should Be Allotted To Accommodation? / How Did You Get Your Present Job? / How Much Is The Starting Salary Of A Dentist In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.