Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? (34124 Views)

Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria / I Finished With A 2-1...do I Need A Masters Degree? / How Did You Succeed With Your 2-2 Or 3rd Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 13, 2008
nigerians - constantly confused - calling on God to solve the problems of third class graduates, whle referring to bill gates, an atheist - as an inspiration

more to the point bill gates did not drop out of school because of academic diffculties. he dropped out to start a business .
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by sheniqua: 4:52pm On May 13, 2008
oyb:

nigerians - constantly confused - calling on God to solve the problems of third class graduates, whle referring to bill gates, an atheist - as an inspiration

more to the point bill gates did not drop out of school because of academic diffculties. he dropped out to start a business .

mind yaself O
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by sheniqua: 4:54pm On May 13, 2008
mooch:

Guy this is Nigeria o. Any thing is possible. Whether with long leg or other wise fact is, it's possible!

Are you listening to his angry rants
Isn't it in Nigeria that people who studied Igbo Igbo BK get jobs at banks before people with business and finance degrees
Is Igbo needed in a bank?
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Epiphany(m): 4:56pm On May 13, 2008
oyb:

whether to start a business or not, HE DOES NOT HAVE A DEGREE. Some people are more oriented towards business than the 'formality' of obtaining a degree. If he had gone to school, he MAY not even have graduated.

After reading Richard Branson's biography (Losing my virginity), HE HIMSELF, admits to the fact that he cant even bear the though of mathematical equations and that is why HE EMPLOYS PEOPLE TO DO ALL THAT FOR HIM. He claims to have suffered dyslexia as a child and young man, hence his decision not to pursue academics. Yet, this is a man who is one of the richest in the UK.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 13, 2008
sheniqua:

mind yaself O

na lie i talk ? i am working without being paid - pray to God -
should i falsify my age to get a job - my God is nt a liar

the funniest thing is that it is not about being religious, but the fact that nigerians are superstitious( ascribing all their problems and solutions to external forces). back in the day - it would have been 'chi' 'olodumare' etal that peeps would have been calling on.

anyone who beleives that a person can get into a company like total with a third ( as a full time staff- without any previous working experienec ) must be smoking something. do you have any idea how many selection processes have to be hurdled. my fellow nigerians and their 'everything is man Know  man' bullshit.  all these comapnies are comprised of different departments. so even if you friend wants to snaeak you in you still have to pass through hr. next thing we'll be hearing that shell has people with pass. nonsense.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 13, 2008
Epiphany:

whether to start a business or not, HE DOES NOT HAVE A DEGREE. Some people are more oriented towards business than the 'formality' of obtaining a degree. If he had gone to school, he MAY not even have graduated.

After reading Richard Branson's biography (Losing my virginity), HE HIMSELF, admits to the fact that he can't even bear the though of mathematical equations and that is why HE EMPLOYS PEOPLE TO DO ALL THAT FOR HIM. He claims to have suffered dyslexia as a child and young man, hence his decision not to pursue academics. Yet, this is a man who is one of the richest in the UK.

keep highlighting your ignorance. the purpose of going to school is to acquire skills to earn a living. nothing more. if you decide you already have those skills, you don't need school. do you have any idea how many people dropped out of school to start businesses. you know micheal dell also dropped out. do you know microsoft employessare in awe of bill gates 'bandwidth' or do youwant to tell us that bill - who wrote most of dos by himself alos had problems with math.?
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by sheniqua: 5:06pm On May 13, 2008
oyb:

na lie i talk ? i am working without being paid - pray to God -
should i falsify my age to get a job - my God is nt a liar

the funniest thing is that it is not about being religious, but the fact that nigerians are superstitious( ascribing all their problems and solutions to external forces). back in the day - it would have been 'chi' 'olodumare' etal that peeps would have been calling on.

anyone who beleives that a person can get into a company like total with a third ( as a full time staff- without any previous working experienec ) must be smoking something. do you have any idea how many selection processes have to be hurdled. my fellow nigerians and their 'everything is man Know man' bullshit. all these comapnies are comprised of different departments. so even if you friend wants to snaeak you in you still have to pass through hr. next thing we'll be hearing that shell has people with pass. nonsense.

what else can we say.
God help us.
did you hear of the NYSC lady that was posted to teach and could only speak Igbo.
God dey
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by woommy(m): 5:17pm On May 13, 2008
abeg guys i dont believe som statement lik ''som third class guy do beta dan first class guys'' though i dont know the school dat u attended but dat might not at all be true no be lie these guys are very good o.

t o kazan, pls try and develop ursef pls its important especially in IT field
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Gamine(f): 5:24pm On May 13, 2008
There is as much hope as there is for a fish back in water.

My people, Hope too much sef.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by tyna1(f): 5:32pm On May 13, 2008
To become like all the great people being quoted here you must have great dreams and be able to act on your dreams.
your destiny lies in your hands,take charge of your life improve yourself and the sky will be your starting point.

u-best:

third class graduate, even have hope more than first class graduate as long Nigeria is concern, not even that, most of the third class, far-far better academy wise than the first class, but is good to acheive first class, but third class graduate have more than one million hope to survive life.

I completely disagree with you.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by eudio(f): 5:45pm On May 13, 2008
hi,

there is hope, all u need do is go for ur masters or write professional exams

so, pls dont give up

cheers
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by doracle4(m): 5:59pm On May 13, 2008
Personally, I feel so sorry for anyone who thinks Nigerians are always depending on some kind of demystified being everytime we are in serious trouble or having serious challenges like a third class graduate. If you cant trust God, who should u trust?
That aside, the only thing that matters in this forum is to encourage fellow friends who are having issues that definetely affects their thought processes.
When u read thru adverts and all u see is 2.1 or first class, u never can begin to feel the pains of a 3rd class graduate. Its easy to say its because they were not serious while in school but then u must be aware of that not everybody had some experience of those students had which could range from homes falling apart, no money and food while in school, lecturer victimisation. Some actually may have been due to laziness and bad influence. However, at this time, it will be wrong to be pointing faults and reasons but to simple say what needs to be done. Get more certificates and more experience knowing that promotion and wealth does not come from the north, south, east or west but from God which must of u think is not a factor in life.
Think positive at all times. Trust only in God. Pray He uses people to bless and favour u in life.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by vislabraye(m): 6:04pm On May 13, 2008
There are many people with 3rd class. Dont use Nigerian education system to judge. Its not all that come out with 2 1 and 2 2 that are smart, U may only need to go 4 a further course,
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by dee02(m): 6:11pm On May 13, 2008
d_oracle:

Personally, I feel so sorry for anyone who thinks Nigerians are always depending on some kind of demystified being everytime we are in serious trouble or having serious challenges like a third class graduate. If you can't trust God, who should u trust?
That aside, the only thing that matters in this forum is to encourage fellow friends who are having issues that definetely affects their thought processes.
When u read through adverts and all u see is 2.1 or first class, u never can begin to feel the pains of a 3rd class graduate. Its easy to say its because they were not serious while in school but then u must be aware of that not everybody had some experience of those students had which could range from homes falling apart, no money and food while in school, lecturer victimisation. Some actually may have been due to laziness and bad influence. However, at this time, it will be wrong to be pointing faults and reasons but to simple say what needs to be done. Get more certificates and more experience knowing that promotion and wealth does not come from the north, south, east or west but from God which must of u think is not a factor in life.
Think positive at all times. Trust only in God. Pray He uses people to bless and favour u in life.

Good!
mooch:

Guy this is Nigeria o. Any thing is possible. Whether with long leg or other wise fact is, it's possible!
I know anything is possible in Nigeria, but i replied because i know SUZE is lying about the her 3rd class graduate friend who works in TOTAL, and of course it can happen but there has to be other conditions underlying not just the 3rd class degree itself!

sheniqua:

Are you listening to his angry rants
Isn't it in Nigeria that people who studied Igbo Igbo BK get jobs at banks before people with business and finance degrees
Is Igbo needed in a bank?

And who is ranting?
watch ur razor mouth oo SHERIFFA or wateva ur name is!!LOL
U have sent a thinly veiled jab at me once in another post but dont let me start with u here luv ok?! grin
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by orisebawo(m): 6:17pm On May 13, 2008
"My cousin B Dada, came out with a 3rd got to UK in the late 90s and got merit in Masters, did CeMap, ACCA and now have asset worth of £700,000."

Asset or Net Asset grin grin grin
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by citee(m): 6:23pm On May 13, 2008
mypeace,

Why do you think you need devine intervention to understand sushiluv's grammer? Abi na every body most be Wole Soyinka?

Poster,

Do not let your class of degree be an obstacle to your achieving your goals in life. It is quite unfortunate that most Nigerian graduates come out of university only to seek paid employment. Why can't we take a cue from these Lebanese people who come to Nigeria to establish businesses? I want to put the blame at the door-step of the kind of education we receive in this country which does not give you the basics on how to be an employer yourself. We all cannot be job seekers!Until we have a paradigm shift as regards what we want to do after university, it will continue to matter the class of degree you come out with. After all Bill Gates who is the current third richest man in the world did not complete college.

I will therefore encourage you to think of a business you can start, and who knows you might end up employing all those your classmates who made 1st class and 2.1.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by neowelsh(m): 6:26pm On May 13, 2008
Nigerian can never change from its evil if u continue saying everything is possible without good grades, no wonder fela say ANIMAL DEY WEAR AGBADA, ANIMAL THEY PUTY SUITO0O0O all because of corruption (everything is possible). what you should know is that knowledge is power when used effectively,
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by SENATORJD(m): 6:30pm On May 13, 2008
neo_welsh:

Nigerian can never change from its evil if u continue saying everything is possible without good grades, no wonder fela say ANIMAL DEY WEAR AGBADA, ANIMAL THEY PUTY SUITO0O0O all because of corruption (everything is possible). what you should know is that knowledge is power when used effectively,
noted bro, so ur point is?
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Tini(m): 6:33pm On May 13, 2008
Start skul all over again
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by SENATORJD(m): 6:40pm On May 13, 2008
Tini:

Start skul all over again
in what country?9ja and spend some 4-6yrs again?men there is a form u can get(cnt remeber vivdly now) and after a year or two the u can go for masters men, no go dull urself dey start school again God forbid u carry 3rd class again wetin go happen?, except uve got serious age on ur side sha u fit attempt again
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by beelala: 6:44pm On May 13, 2008
My Gee.

third class would certainly limit your chances in getting into a bank or telecomms or oil sector (nb:LIMIT NOT IMPOSSIBLE)

However, It doesnt stop you from from having great ideas and following up with them, even to the extent of being a very successful business man.

Well, considering Nigeria and the business hurdles one need to cross, you might want a paid job, In that case, you have to bid your time by acquiring extra skills or qualifications and in most (nb: Most not all) cases you start from a small company where you get experiences on the job and also develop yourself by acquiring certificates.

So, my guy, third class. no mean say you no go get there (ie. the top) might just be hard.

and Take note a lot of 2:1 and first class are just being paid heavy pay in Banks and Oil companies are not fulfilled too because these are brains that should go into research and education but thats Nigeria (happens in other countrie too sha ooo) for you, well most of them cant take risks as well.

With you, you can take a lot of risks. and with hardwork, being smart and Gods grace. you will SMILE.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by inki(f): 6:50pm On May 13, 2008
Third class or pass, you'll find a job and a good one. Most  atimes your grades are not the yardsticks used to qualify for a job especially with what goes on in schools these days. Just go bag some professional certificates and in no time you'll be ahead of the game.
Tell me what a yoruba graduate with 2.1 is doing in a bank that a 3rd class holder in electrical engineering cannot do. It's obvious yoruba must have been easier. smiley
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by A40(m): 6:53pm On May 13, 2008
Who told you? There is hope endless hope at that there are peeps that didnt even go to college that make more money than those with their PHD'S its all about your belief,talent and finding something you are good at
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 13, 2008
Must you be on another person or company's employ? I don't know, things are wrong with Nigerians and their qualifications. Well, you get set something up or let your family members contribute to set you up. Oh I forgot, most of us are framed up- the other way round. You can migrate to the US and undergo an 18-month nursing training and start earning 12USD/hr.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by NosaHenry(m): 7:10pm On May 13, 2008
O'boy dont be deceive, there is absolutely no hope for a 3rd class graduate if you are looking for a paid employment. To start with the Govt of the day will not hire you nor will any bank ever look thru your CV. In fact no private enterprise that believe in quality will be willing to gamble with a 3rd class graduate. Even in private practice as a Doctor or Lawyer you will find it tough to get clients. Gone are the days of the like of Gani who later succeed in life after a woeful showing in 1st degree.
Your only hope lies in macrofinance for agricultural venture.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by oldie(m): 8:01pm On May 13, 2008
It is so so easy to name the few who made third class and made names for themselves
I am sorry, making a first class and a two-one is never by accident in most cases
If you got your degree by dubious means, the system, however rotten, will catch up with you and it will disgrace you. It is a matter of time
There are no short cuts to hard work
And it has got nothing to do with God, satan or some lecturers!
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 13, 2008
oldie:

It is so so easy to name the few who made third class and made names for themselves
I am sorry, making a first class and a two-one is never by accident in most cases
If you got your degree by dubious means, the system, however rotten, will catch up with you and it will disgrace you. It is a matter of time
There are no short cuts to hard work
And it has got nothing to do with God, satan or some lecturers!

What about those without any degreee and made names and money? Have those guys at NAMA resigned yet over the missing copter? I think they all have above third class.Obansanjo, Danjote, Atiku and all the governors have something above third class abi?. Making money here, is covered by corruption oh. We celebrate them especially when are favored. Bill Gate dropped out and helped his ex Professors with Operating systems and other computer-related devices and initiatives.

Last time, I bought a full chinese phone and I was ridicling it until a woman (my pal's mum) asked me if I didn't see the nigerian model. I laughed and realized how backward we are with technical things and how good we are to loot and siphon off abroad. Just to acquire papers has turned us all to buying & selling midgets-mere consumers!
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by Mineomine: 11:02pm On May 13, 2008
There is hope for evryone, http://www.freefoundationafrica..com/
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by royalicon(m): 11:21pm On May 13, 2008
Sorry for your present predicament.

If your are not employed, u can employ people. Go start something.

God didn't give u a third class brain. Never a dull moment in the presence of God ask for His direction.

Believe me u will make it in life (take note) But take all to God in Prayer.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by 4Him1(m): 12:12am On May 14, 2008
Bill Gates is not your classical "drop out" . . . these people left school to pursue other intellectual dreams that have guaranteed them millions today. To equate them with lazy 3rd class holders in Nigeria is to decieve yourself.
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by quadrillio(m): 2:34am On May 14, 2008
Am a school cert holder and right now am earning NGN 40,000 monthly, and I know of some graduate that settled for half of my pay,

all I can say is that life is all about what you make out of it. If you know any body that is worried b'because he/she has 3rd class then tell them this

"Life is what You make out of it, if what you graduated with is not working then you should do something else, maybe goto into another industry. you should not be afraid of the word CHANGE
Re: Any Hope For Those "Unfortunate" To Have Finished With 3rd Class? by LAKANYE(m): 2:54am On May 14, 2008
This seems to be the arguments of "intelligent" and perceived "intellectual" discussions, and please permit me to shed a light to your classes of degrees from any citadel of higher learning around the world.
Your class of category of certificates indicates the amounts of huddles you had endured in life. It does not mean that because you graduated with a third class 'bottom division, you have not acquired any academic and perpetual knowledge. For anyone who may have experienced higher education up to the level of an HND or BS, the facts that you are able to achieve as much knowledge means that at least you can think of a solution to a problem, regardless of your level of thought.
The certificate you earn from the University does not guarantee you a secured and prospective future, but an identification of a bearer who has a brain to think of a solution to a problem, ignoring your personal spiritual inclinations of faith, believing that you have what you do not have at the moment is called FAITH. Now, let us put faith aside because it may be used as a last resort. Let us identify the current situation, ignoring the obstacles of life and society. Sleep well, wake up in the middle of the night when there are absolute silence around you, and begin to think about the ultimate solutions to your individual problem. That is what makes you a successful man or woman, and a graduate with a third class, because the first and second class graduands may assume they have arrived more than you, and may not have to ask before they receive, but the third man behind who is coming along as the last man on the roll will always appreciate whatever comes his ways.

I had left Nigeria for the States during the UNILAG shutdowns of the nineties. I did not have the opportunity of graduating from UNILAG before I left Nigeria. I had my University educations here in Florida; FLORIDA A&M UNIVERSITY, and FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY. You can goggle these Universities to find out US opportunities for College educations with the "white man's sweat" paying your way to a better life.

Regardless of what kind of degree you have, you are still far better than those who do not have one. You have been trained on campus as a soldier with the weapons of intelligence to think of a solution to any of your problems in life, and not to complain and cry about the solutions. If you fall and fail, look back at what befell you, and attempt another trial until you succeed.
THE CITY OF ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY. If I were you, I will seek for a divine guidance to my success, not thrusting on my Kind of degrees, but my ability to THINK OF A SOLUTION TO MY PERSONAL PROBLEMS IN LIFE.

THE SKY IS YOUR LIMIT,, IF YOU BELIEF,, NOT YOUR KIND OF CERTIFICATES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Percentage Of Your Salary Should Be Allotted To Accommodation? / How Did You Get Your Present Job? / How Much Is The Starting Salary Of A Dentist In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.