Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,331 members, 7,780,866 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:12 AM

Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! (64826 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? / Using Airtel Blackberry Subscription On A Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by vinceny200(m): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
Pls I don't really understand the term android os,pls can any one shed more light on it,pls what are the advantage over other os,gingerbread,icecream,4.2,4.1,4.0,2.3 etc,can it do the work of a system,can u use high end browsers on this os,can u use the lowest os of an android for an internet transaction like banking and funds transfer and what other high end function can it do comparable to a system,awaiting reply before thinking of buying or not,tks in advance
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
vinceny200: Pls I don't really understand the term android os,pls can any one shed more light on it,pls what are the advantage over other os,gingerbread,icecream,4.2,4.1,4.0,2.3 etc,can it do the work of a system,can u use high end browsers on this os,can u use the lowest os of an android for an internet transaction like banking and funds transfer and what other high end function can it do comparable to a system,awaiting reply before thinking of buying or not,tks in advance
2 an extent, android os can do all that.....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by SOLARPOWER1(f): 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
God bless u for thinking of a thread like this. I need an android phone that can open/edit ms-word doc., watch movies, browsing(3G, wifi) with a minimum internal memory of 512MB.I HAVE 17K.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Luvlydevin(m): 11:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
Deruze: mehn! I guez i waz too late. D guy has sold d phone already. Bt pls can i get a phone of 20k. Datz ICS and qwerty. I lyk Tecno Q1. Bt it haz a small screen size 2.6inches. I nid lyk 3.5 to 4inches. Tanx
i have an lg optimus l5 for sale beep me if interested
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by mrdrizzy(m): 12:02am On Jun 18, 2013
Yungbitz: I nid a fairly used android fone upgradable to ics 4.0,ova 512RAM,1Ghz processor,5mp n front camera,1400mah ba3 and wit a budget of 23k..which is ideal??
try the galaxy nexus s or htc desire hd..
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by mrdrizzy(m): 12:05am On Jun 18, 2013
ministerblessed: Ow abt d nokia lumia 720
lumia 720 is a nice fone windows 8 obvious..has live feed,meaning u need constant internet,its stock mc(i think),i also like d shape..very elegant..
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by mrdrizzy(m): 12:09am On Jun 18, 2013
SOLAR POWER: God bless u for thinking of a thread like this. I need an android phone that can open/edit ms-word doc., watch movies, browsing(3G, wifi) with a minimum internal memory of 512MB.I HAVE 17K.
try the htc desire it cost 16k used!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Samsantos9: 3:06am On Jun 18, 2013
Please I need an andriod phone that has 3G with a at least 3.5 inch touchscreen running on at least 4.0 Ice Scream Sandwish. The phone should also be good at gaming and reading e-books.
My budget is between #16,000-#20,000
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by stephano100(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2013
I need an android (gingerbread) phone wit 2G/3G,hotspot capability,800Mhz-1Ghz processor,512MB-1GB RAM,camera flashlight,front camera,3.5-4.0inch screen size,and lastly nd importantly a very *STRONG BATTERY* life....new or fairly used....my budget is #20,000.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 9:57am On Jun 18, 2013
SOLAR POWER: God bless u for thinking of a thread like this. I need an android phone that can open/edit ms-word doc., watch movies, browsing(3G, wifi) with a minimum internal memory of 512MB.I HAVE 17K.
ur budget is a little too small for a phone that can edit docs, but if u dont mind tecno products, you'd get for that price, and i hear that their performance is great....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2013
stephano100: I need an android (gingerbread) phone wit 2G/3G,hotspot capability,800Mhz-1Ghz processor,512MB-1GB RAM,camera flashlight,front camera,3.5-4.0inch screen size,and lastly nd importantly a very *STRONG BATTERY* life....new or fairly used....my budget is #20,000.
if u dont mind, i have someone that wants to sell a galaxy w variant, with 16GB memory card n also water resistant, for #20k, if u like it......or add 3k, and u can get the HTC desire hd from the market.....hope i satisfactorily answered ur question? is it a must it should be gingerbread? u can root it n go higher to Jelly Bean na
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:08am On Jun 18, 2013
Samsantos9: Please I need an andriod phone that has 3G with a at least 3.5 inch touchscreen running on at least 4.0 Ice Scream Sandwish. The phone should also be good at gaming and reading e-books.
try n add 3k, and get the HTC desire HD....its a great fone, or the samsung galaxy s duos....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 10:12am On Jun 18, 2013
Luvly devin: i have an lg optimus l5 for sale beep me if interested
how much is it going for?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by stephano100(m): 10:42am On Jun 18, 2013
sheelay:
if u dont mind, i have someone that wants to sell a galaxy w variant, with 16GB memory card n also water resistant, for #20k, if u like it......or add 3k, and u can get the HTC desire hd from the market.....hope i satisfactorily answered ur question? is it a must it should be gingerbread? u can root it n go higher to Jelly Bean na
i didnt choose gingerbread coz i luv it ooo,i chosed it because i knw i can upgrade it to a higher android version,dats affordable,i doubt any icecreamsandwich or jellybean fone will go 4 #20,000
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 11:42am On Jun 18, 2013
stephano100:
i didnt choose gingerbread coz i luv it ooo,i chosed it because i knw i can upgrade it to a higher android version,dats affordable,i doubt any icecreamsandwich or jellybean fone will go 4 #20,000
ok
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by mindtricks: 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
What decent android is possible @ 20k, maybe RAM 1GB, fairly used?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by mrdrizzy(m): 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
Samsantos9: Please I need an andriod phone that has 3G with a at least 3.5 inch touchscreen running on at least 4.0 Ice Scream Sandwish. The phone should also be good at gaming and reading e-books.
gionee ctrl v1

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Samsantos9: 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2013
sheelay:
try n add 3k, and get the HTC desire HD....its a great fone, or the samsung galaxy s duos....
ok thanks...
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Samsantos9: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
mr.drizzy:
gionee ctrl v1
Ok thanks man. . .
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 6:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
pls can anybody suggest a gud new phone with 4inch screen,1gb ram and 1ghz dual core with a budget of 55k
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
physise: pls can anybody suggest a gud new phone with 4inch screen,1gb ram and 1ghz dual core with a budget of 55k
you'd get the galaxy grand duos for that price, though it's screen is 5'..... or samsung galaxy s2, note 1 too, or the xperia P.....or htc desire HD
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
mindtricks: What decent android is possible @ 20k, maybe RAM 1GB, fairly used?
try add 3k n get the htc desire HD
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
sheelay:
you'd get the galaxy grand duos for that price, though it's screen is 5'..... or samsung galaxy s2, note 1 too, or the xperia P.....or htc desire HD
all these phone are within 55k and which one do u suggest
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
physise: all these phone are within 55k and which one do u suggest
from experience, i'd say go for s2, its user friendly, easily rootable, 1.2 ghz dual core, amoled plus screen, with corning gorilla glass, 1gb ram, 16gb internal memory(13gb user access), 2gb rom, and offers exellent value for money, but make sure it's the international version, I9100,... id have advised u to go for s3 if u want second hand, for that price....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
sheelay:
from experience, i'd say go for s2, its user friendly, easily rootable, 1.2 ghz dual core, amoled plus screen, with corning gorilla glass, 1gb ram, 16gb internal memory(13gb user access), 2gb rom, and offers exellent value for money, but make sure it's the international version, I9100,... id have advised u to go for s3 if u want second hand, for that price....
bt d s2 is within 55k and nt up to 60k right?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
physise: bt d s2 is within 55k and nt up to 60k right?
I guess so....
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by physise(m): 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
sheelay:
I guess so....
i would have loved to go 4 d galxy grand bt d resolution is too poor
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by mindtricks: 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
sheelay: try add 3k n get the htc desire HD
Thanks. Its fairly used? Could u plz highlight its Strengths & Limitations, notable features.

More names/options will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Luvlydevin(m): 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2013
sheelay:
how much is it going for?
going for 20k call me on 08176232964
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
physise: i would have loved to go 4 d galxy grand bt d resolution is too poor
yea, but get the s2, the screen is a joy to behold.....I'm currently using it now sef...
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by sheelay(m): 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
mindtricks: Thanks. Its fairly used? Could u plz highlight its Strengths & Limitations, notable features.

More names/options will be greatly appreciated.
what could be limitation for me might not be for u, but overall, it's a great phone.....only problem is its not easily rooted, but if you could get a rooted one, you're in luck.....the xperia ray is good too, but the screen is not up to 4inches.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

How To Add More Fonts To Infinix Devices / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Do You Still Remember This (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.