Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:59 PM

Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project (26141 Views)

Nairaland Muslims donate relief items to Internally Displaced Persons In Abuja. / A Suggestion For Nairaland Muslims / A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2013
ok some winners of the quiz

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by tbaba1234: 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
Account of expenses

Envelope (12 @ #10) - #100 (#20 forfeited by seller)
Marker (3 @ #100). - #300

Taxi - #4000
Quiz. - #5,000

Donation to mosque - #14, 650

Total. - #24,050

Previous Expenses:

Caprisun (6 cartons) @ #1,800 - 10,800 Water (2 packs) @ #350. - 700 Biscuit (3 cartons). - 2,000

Total - 13,500

Previous Expenses:

Bags #450 per bag (210 bought) - #94,500 Mathsets #1300 a dozen (17.5 dozen bought)-#22,750 Books #290 a dozen (60 bought) - #17,400 Biro (60 bought). - # 900 Pencils - # 400 Taxi/Transport - # 4,000 Miscellanous (luggage carrying, etc) - # 500

Total - #140,450

Previous Expenses:

Books #300 a dozen (150 bought) - #45,000 Biro (3 packs of 50). - # 2,000 Taxi - # 3,000 Pencils donated - 0

Total - #50,000

Total Spent- 228,000
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
ok

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
distribution of the items

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
more

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Alkapino(m): 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
Jazakallah, up islam!
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by deols(f): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
wow..

look at their beautiful, innocent faces.

I remember those days when the real reason we wanted to go back to school was the new things.

checking them over and over again and hoping that school would start soon.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
honestly, i didn't do anything lol

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
Alhamdulilah! he did stop

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by PassingShot(m): 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
Well done mates. May Allah reward you all abundantly.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
mummy, you can keep the books and bag till later, but this cracker and capri looks yummy grin

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by FindOut(m): 6:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
Alhamdulilah. May Allah reward you all especially the nairalander (who of course won't want his name mentioned even though we all know him) who conceived the idea of this project some months ago. This is the real essence of being a muslim - Worshipping Allah and putting smiles on other people's faces at the same time. I hope this will be a yearly event inshaAllah. May Allah help us. The importance of charity cannot be over-emphasized in Islam.

Would very likely have attended if only I was around....should have mentioned this to Jarus when I ran into him a few weeks ago at Dolphin estate as I left Nigeria some days after & won't be back anytime soon.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by bethnals: 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
where was this lagos abi?
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 7:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
more

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
[quote author=Find Out!]Alhamdulilah. May Allah reward you all especially the nairalander (who of course won't want his name mentioned even though we all know him) who conceived the idea of this project some months ago. This is the real essence of being a muslim - Worshipping Allah and putting smiles on other people's faces at the same time. I hope this will be a yearly event inshaAllah. May Allah help us. The importance of charity cannot be over-emphasized in Islam.

[b]Would very likely have attended if only I was around....should have mentioned this to Jarus when I ran into him a few weeks ago at Dolphin estate as I left Nigeria some days after & won't be back anytime soon.[/[/b]quote]
Salaam alaykum

My brother, why you fall my hand nah smiley You no tell me

Let's continue via my email.

Barakallahu fihi
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
mre

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Sissie(f): 7:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Well done guys.

Jazakallah khair.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by fujahbeez: 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
Great move,may almighty Allah bless us more to do more. Amen
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
more

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by chic2pimp(m): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
My GOD continue to bless the lot of you and reward you abundantly In Jesus Name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
ok

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Pygru: 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
chic2pimp: My GOD continue to bless the lot of you and reward you abundantly In Jesus Name. Amen
hmmmm
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by DeGreatWon: 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
I am amazed with what you guys have achieved with so little. May Allah reward u abundantly. Let me use this medium to also say that I want to start a tread to assist young muslims in high school, freshers in tertiary institutions, graduates, corpers et al on planning a pathway to a good job and career. But owing to my tight schedule, I am still unable to do so. I will like to work with interested and motivated minds to ensure that people benefit from the idea. It is not capital intensive at all. Willingness to change is very paramount. The interested bro/sis could reach me via buddsnewton@yahoo.com.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
deols:

it is okay...

but you can tell us briefly about that speech you gave or any other personal experience from the event
sorry for the delay in reply. i wanted to upload enough pics, but network dey fall my hand.

It was a normal opening speech, specifically stating the reasons behind the whole project, as well as introducing ourselves, The Nairaland Muslim Community.

All-in-all, it was a very interesting event, the Masjid’s committee really tried, they eased our burden and provided more than extra helping hands in distributing the items.

Definitely there would be some difficulties, but, Alhamdulilah, problems we faced were minimal, almost every kid that was present got something to take home ma sha Allah.

Everyone really tried, more volunteers would have made it more suitable, but Alhamdulilah

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
still updating pics until i get tired lol

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
I would like to thank everyone that contributed financially and morally, by Allah, you don’t really know the magnitude of what you have done, you need to see the kids, their parents and the community, they were filled with joy and admiration, like the chief Imam said, this kind gesture would be engraved in some of these children, which would enable them also to think towards acts such as this when they grow.
The prophet (SAW) said, “A person who lifts a burden from his brother in this world, Allah would lift from him a burden on judgment day”

Nigeria would be a better place if we stop thinking about only ourselves, we need to be our brother’s keeper, Islam emphasizes this, the prophet said in another narration, “none of you believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself” we still have a long way to go, may Allah make it easy ameen.

It’s one of the wisdom of old, one of the principles guiding our world, it’s the absolute truth, always give a helping hand.

“If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day—go fishing. If you want happiness for a year—inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime---help someone else” Chinese proverb
You can really get all you want if you can help others get what they really want…I think that’s how Zig said this…

Tbaba,Jarus,Siddiq202,Sissie,Harmeenat,Jazakumullahu Khayran may Allah(SWT) reward you guys abundantly ameen

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by Carmall(m): 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
subhanalah! I'm impressed. Glad to be a Muslim.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
more...

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by FindOut(m): 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
Jarus: Salaam alaykum

My brother, why you fall my hand nah smiley You no tell me

Let's continue via my email.

Barakallahu fihi

Lol. E ma binu bros. Thanks. Sent a mail to your jraushub email.
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by tbaba1234: 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
sino: I would like to thank everyone that contributed financially and morally, by Allah, you don’t really know the magnitude of what you have done, you need to see the kids, their parents and the community, they were filled with joy and admiration, like the chief Imam said, this kind gesture would be engraved in some of these children, which would enable them also to think towards acts such as this when they grow.
The prophet (SAW) said, “A person who lifts a burden from his brother in this world, Allah would lift from him a burden on judgment day”

Nigeria would be a better place if we stop thinking about only ourselves, we need to be our brother’s keeper, Islam emphasizes this, the prophet said in another narration, “none of you believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself” we still have a long way to go, may Allah make it easy ameen.

It’s one of the wisdom of old, one of the principles guiding our world, it’s the absolute truth, always give a helping hand.

“If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day—go fishing. If you want happiness for a year—inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime---help someone else” Chinese proverb
You can really get all you want if you can help others get what they really want…I think that’s how Zig said this…

Tbaba,Jarus,Siddiq202,Sissie,Harmeenat,Jazakumullahu Khayran may Allah(SWT) reward you guys abundantly ameen
Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by sino(m): 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
more

Re: Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project by addicted268(f): 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
sino: honestly, i didn't do anything lol
Errm,are you sure?cos from this angle,it doesn't look like tears of joy to me.lol. *just kidding*.well done guys.the bags really look nice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Giant Dome Collapses At Indonesian Mosque Due To Fire Outbreak (Video) / How To Be Romantic With Your Spouse / What Religion Did The People Of Arabia Practise Before Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.