Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation (7165 Views)

Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Learn To Cook Nigerian Food, Aisha Buhari Tells Iara Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by AniyikayeD1st(m): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2013
As I sit here, I can't help but wonder why things have remained the way they have been and worse. We have been running around the same circle. Old sins are being paid back with new sins. A tribe will give you reasons why it will not forgive another tribe for what they did to them one year or the other and vice-versa. How much more the north and south arguments?!

We should understand that what binds a society together is love and trust not tribal uniformity or differences and other mundane things.

Love binds a society together while trust oils the wheel of progress within the society. It must also be said that without love, there can be no trust.

According to the Bible in the book of Matthew 22;32-40, one of the sadducees asked Jesus “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment." And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.  All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” If I obey all civil, criminal and common laws ever made on earth and I break this simple law as it is written, I will continue to deny myself the sweetness of a peaceful society. For this is the greatest law. Love is all that I need.

Without trust, how can I live? I won't buy food or food items if I can't trust the seller. I won't keep money in the bank if I don't trust the banking system. I won't even give to the beggar if I don't trust his or her intention. What if my cook decides to poison me? What if the bus driver swerves to the direction of d oncoming trailer? I have come to realise that more often than not my life is not in my hands(without trying to be religious) but in the hands of the other man whom I MUST trust to do the right thing.

I can give a hundred reasons why the government and the society is bad but hold on a sec,am I not a part of the society? For every act of mine that is devoid of love for the next person, I deny the society peace and trust - Irrespective of where,when and how I commit the act(s). I inadvertently deny my neighbours and myself a chance to live - for how can I live without trust?

What goes around truly comes around.

Happy Father's day!

32 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by OAM4J: 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2013
Good Message!

Preach it on Bro!

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2013
The problem is that; there is a particular ethnic group that hates everybody in Nigeria. They have refused to move on from what happened decades ago. They like to point fingers at everyone else for their problems. They want to secede and want the Presidency of Nigeria at the same time. There are good people (Chime, Rochas, Ken Nnamani and few other) among them but they won't support them. There is also an ethnic group who believe they are born to rule Nigeria. There is a section of them who think Islam is paramount to Nigerian constitution.

Until these two groups come to their senses, the union is doom forever!

22 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by devigblegble: 5:30pm On Jun 16, 2013
The fingers ain't equal so there's always going to be love hate in these life nothing can change it
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by ebamma3: 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2013
.talk is cheap

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by ebamma3: 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2013
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 16, 2013
payless: The problem is that; there is a particular ethnic group that hates everybody in Nigeria. They have refused to move on from what happened decades ago. They like to point fingers at everyone else for their problems. They want to secede and want the Presidency of Nigeria at the same time. There are good people (Chime, Rochas, Ken Nnamani and few other) among them but they won't support them. There is also an ethnic group who believe they are born to rule Nigeria. There is a section of them who think Islam is paramount to Nigerian constitution.

congratulation!!! You just won for yourself The Bigot Of The Year Award by derailing this wonderful thread

30 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Bashirfuntua(m): 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2013
the only way for that is let all the northeners go to school and let igbos stop sentiment
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by wellmax(m): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
Let's all try to be civil on this thread. The hatred must stop!

2 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Mystiqme: 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
payless: The problem is that; there is a particular ethnic group that hates everybody in Nigeria. They have refused to move on from what happened decades ago. They like to point fingers at everyone else for their problems. They want to secede and want the Presidency of Nigeria at the same time. There are good people (Chime, Rochas, Ken Nnamani and few other) among them but they won't support them. There is also an ethnic group who believe they are born to rule Nigeria. There is a section of them who think Islam is paramount to Nigerian constitution.

This sort of comment is not in the spirit of thread. I can assure you that further comments are going to be based off of yours and not off the OP.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by theripper3: 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2013

U are such a divisive character. Perfidy and treachery runs in ur blood. Typical Yoruba man. My shit no dey smell.

Same way they eulogise Abiola and despise IBB in the open, yet the family is feeding fat from the same IBB's largess.

21 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
You can't force people to love each other. They have to do it at freewill. In the case of Nigeria, the foundation is on shaky ground. The system is Babylonian. It's between good and bad intentions. Those who live by the law shall be judged by the law. Those who live by grace, shall receive their rewards.

The Value system is key to basic understanding of love,peace and unity. Time will tell.

5 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by kreamidiva(f): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
Ok...i wish everyone would be like me.i love my neighbours and don't tribalise.my 1st boyfriend's yoruba,my bestie in law school was hausa and i'm married to my fellow ibo. Abi i no try...

3 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Mystiqme: 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
Bashirfuntua: the only way for that is let all the northeners go to school and let igbos stop sentiment
Who is stopping notherners from going to school though?Just curious.

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2013
the_ripper3:

U are such a divisive character. Perfidy and treachery runs in ur blood. Typical Yoruba man. My shit no dey smell.

I just put you and your cohorts in your place with nothing but hard truth.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by jhydebaba(m): 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
Trust as in distrust
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
I find it very difficult to trust Ibo and Hausa People

Mod dont hide my post o! angry
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by theripper3: 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2013
payless:

I just put you and your cohorts in your place with nothing but hard truth.

Tripe. Move along.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
Good one bro. God bless nigerian.
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by prettyboi1(m): 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2013
God Bless the federal republic of Nigeria & all its peoples. I am firstly a proud Nigerian. Ethnicity is far secondary & almost useless to me.

1 Like

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Youngzedd(m): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
Typing.....
Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by Articul8(m): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
First of all, I tink its a personal tin. And aside dt, so many oda factors are responsible,like parents, leaders and d society at large. This tins we grow up to learn hav a way of living wit us. Only any independent mind can over come dis spirit of hatred. Av always bin an advocate of ONE LOVE in Nigeria,even witin a state, ppl stil segregate. God hlp us.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by DIVINE78: 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2013

Hard truth!!! When Obasanjo was the president his loudest critics were the Yoruba but other tribes will always rationalize what anybody from their tribe does.
PS: I'm not a Yoruba man.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation by zuchyblink(m): 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
how can there be peace when one or two tribes are being maginalised,it won't work the south east and south south people are being maginalised since 1970.no seaport,no airport,bad roads here and there(especially FG Roads)no embassy.achieving peace in this country will be impossible if all these things are properly settled.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

.. / Nigeria's Most Corrupt Leaders (dead/alive) According To CNN / BREAKING: Igboho Spotted In Neighbouring African Country This Morning (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.