Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. (34014 Views)

Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2013
Sneak preview (interior) wink

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
Jesus I love that double din. I can live in that car.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
So finally, 4 months and many adventures later, and with my pocket full of holes wink , I present....

Never mind the CEL and other warning lights, Will have them sorted out this evening with VCDS
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
And oops... of course I had to change the thermostat...

Now the engine fans are working when they should, and otherwise remain off... cool
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
And finally... Thar she blows....!!

LEDs = Check... wink
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
Congrats T-Live that's one sweet "and they lived happily ever after" restoration adventure you undertook with your AUDI cheesy
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
That's one sweet-looking B6. The color combo is just right. The black badges really finish off the rear.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 6:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
More...

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
Bro abeg snap multiple pix of the car and picmix a before and after picture lemme download and use as wall paper. U really tried. Shout out to siena the mentor.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by uboma(m): 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
@ t-die, congratulations on the restoration of your Audi. You sure do know how to take good care of your ride. I'm sure you treat madam same and even better, lol. The colour combination is great. Please oblige us some ariel pix of your transformed Audi. This thread has been very informative from the start. I appreciate your perseverance. Kudos also goes to Siena. Well done guys.

1 Like

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by nissparts(m): 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
cool Make sure you drive down to go visit the guy you bought her from

3 Likes

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Shagati(m): 10:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
At long last!
Fantastic paint job you got there.

Many kudos
We are right behind you wink

Ps: Are those the final wheels?
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by mikkyphp(m): 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
KUDOS!

Truly inspiring!
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Numerouuuno: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
Who said 'money isn't good'?
Its very good for those whon knows how to use it...
Congrats t-live....
Long live the Audi
Long live T-live.....
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 31, 2013
Well done my Brother.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 31, 2013
Congrats Bro the patience paid off.. this so inspiring. I go like see those angel eyes headlights.

E no go jam!
E no go spoil!
Na only happiness e go bring!

Pours schnapps on the floor.

Cheers.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 31, 2013
nissparts: cool Make sure you drive down to go visit the guy you bought her from

The guy go cry, this what happens when your treat your babe badly and make her an ex a good picks her up and show you how she should be treated!

A thread is good enough for the wise!
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by lungwun(m): 6:53am On Oct 31, 2013
Exellent Finish to the car.

Now get some cans of gunmetal grey or black Plastidip and try different colours to the wheels.

Plus side is you can strip them off if you don't like the end result.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by thelegend1(m): 7:42am On Oct 31, 2013
Job well done T-die and Siena...job well done!
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Konnektions146(m): 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
congratulations bro. 042 things
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by igomen: 2:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
The restoration work is on point. This is what people should be thinking about - how to be creative and innovative, not how to steal, kill or destroy. God bless u T-die and Siena and d people that worked behind the scene. I hope this inspires someone to positivity as it did me.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by instinctg(m): 5:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
hmm, Audi tinz on ma mind
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2013
T-die try gun metal [pencil colour] on the alloys! Meanwhile, when are U coming 2 my area with that car. Also, if ur peugeot aint givin U any problems, try keeping it as a regular car. The paint job u gave that car and overall finishing, doesn't driving it here and then
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Burger01(m): 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
Well done! You were very determined. Kudos to Sienna, a trust worthy chap.

Nice project. Now I'm looking to buy a vw Beatle for a restoration project.
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 06, 2013
Burger01: Well done! You were very determined. Kudos to Sienna, a trust worthy chap.

Nice project. Now I'm looking to buy a vw Beatle for a restoration project.

we will be much interested in that bro! A popular german classic
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by izyoku: 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
Bros your sound system looks gives your car interior a las Vegas kinda nite life feel....sinfully beautiful
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by izyoku: 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
...the car just simply waoh's me.....but then again am not very surprised because I know the man T-die when he sets out to do his stuff he is simply perfection persona and always stands out from way way back.....such a real real beautiful car...standout from the crowd....
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by izyoku: 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
But T-die has got an explanation for all of us on this thread who he has made fall in love with his Audi. T-die had to help me chose between a 2008 BMW 328i I6 and a very sharp Audi A4 2007 2.0T. And people guess what he asked me to take the bimmer please oga explain why here o cos am tripping for this your Audi badly
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2013
Shagati: At long last!
Fantastic paint job you got there.

Many kudos
We are right behind you wink

Ps: Are those the final wheels?

Will probably try a Plastidip gunmetal coating when my pockets have recovered... :-)

izyoku: But T-die has got an explanation for all of us on this thread who he has made fall in love with his Audi. T-die had to help me chose between a 2008 BMW 328i I6 and a very sharp Audi A4 2007 2.0T. And people guess what he asked me to take the bimmer please oga explain why here o cos am tripping for this your Audi badly

I'd avoid any turbo engines except I have the recommended synthetic Oil grade required (they can be very choosy) and also have a very good mechanic to work on them. My personal opinion though...
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 11:53am On Dec 08, 2013
Decided to do a little DIY today... my Audi had its air cabin pollen filter removed before I acquired her, and also my Air filter was quite dirty (i noticed during the last servicing).
So out with my tools, and a brand new cabin pollen filter and Air filter.

Total Duration of job: 20 mins approx.

Cabin filter (with activated charcoal) and Air Filter (both aftermarket)

Cabin Air filter housing cover removed; exposing the intake flaps

Cabin air filter-right way up

All in-situ

AIR INTAKE FILTER CHANGE

Engine air cleaner unit disconnected from Air intake and removed (filter replacement can be done with the Air cleaner unit in place, but since the retaining screws had been removed I decided to do the job with the unit on the ground-will replace all screws this week)

New Filter Vs Old Filter

New filter put into Air cleaner unit.

Everything was fixed back and all air leaks were eliminated by securely fixing the hoses. Now she purrs like a satisfied cat...

Nothing beats the feeling you get working on your car yourself successfully... grin

1 Like

Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by tdie: 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
I had always been having random misfire codes on VCDS scanning with no particular cylinder order (t could be cylinder 1 today, and 3 tomorrow) right from the first day I got my Audi-there was no obvious ill-effect on her running-she still purred smoothly even under load with a very occasional stutter.

I had earlier gotten OEM spec plugs during my initial restoration but that didn't change much. I thus decided to change out my coil packs....I was fortunate enough to have someone coming back from abroad to get me the 6 coil packs (Aftermarkets) at about N4k each-total was about 26k for all with free transport... grin

In order to access Bank 1 of my V6, The air filter housing had to give way... Then I had to pry out the ignition coils with pliers-not as easy as it seems... some were quite stubbornly stuck.

I immediately noticed something after I had removed all the coil packs and inspected the Bank 1 wiring loom- there was a connector at the very end of the loom which was left dangling (which I found out it was the connector for the camshaft adjuster unit)- the plastic housing was quite cracked and the contact leads greasy)

To remove the Bank 2 ignition coils, the coolant expansion tank needed to be unscrewed and shifted out of the way. Here you see both Banks with the ignition coils removed

Aftermarket Ignition coils...

I replaced all the coils, and fixed back the camshaft adjuster unit connector as firmly as I could after cleaning thoroughly with contact cleaner (it would not snap on due to the cracked housing). Also cleaned out all the 6 Ignition coil connectors.

And everything is back in place... smiley

Total duration of job= Approximately 45mins

VCDS scan result; No more misfire codes, cleared off the camshaft codes, and will rescan next week when i'm less busy- i was very time choked.

Next scheduled work... Climate control unit (AC Controller) change... (My AC compressor cycles on/off at random rendering the AC almost totally ineffective). Compressor was confirmed OK by a qualified HVAC technician, Gas charge was also OK.

Before I met the qualified chap though, I had been referred to the "best" AC technician in town who had all sorts of exotic cars with AC issues in his workshop. He told me (after driving my car around and observing the problem) that my compressor was bad, and that he would change it to a Magnetic clutch "manual" compressor (mine has the variable displacement type compressor) and in effect rewire my whole HVAC system... He never did bother to check output pressures etc... Someday I am going to create a thread on the issues we have with seemingly "expert" incompetent mechs in Nigeria-not totally their fault though--- but thats for another day!!
Re: t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. by nissparts(m): 9:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Is that a Craftsman tool box?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Spotted Fixing A Faulty Cab In Motion In Lagos: Video / Help! My Mechanic Is Driving Me CRAZY / Lady Teaches Ladies How To Change Car Tyres Better Than Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.