Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) (12464 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Cafe Equipments @ Give-away Price With Receipts / How Many Days Should It Take To Resolve a Failed ATM Transaction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 3:49pm On Jun 16, 2013
The Banking sector does more than generate revenue for the government, it is generating refuse for the environment. Go to any bank’s ATM and you will find pieces of ATM transaction receipts littered all over the premises, that is after the waste baskets are full to the brim. Now the question is; Why do Nigerians collect ATM Transaction receipt only to dump them?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Dygeasy(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2013
Because there's no one you need to show the receipt to. You're the owner of the card and money and the account. I don't bother printing out any receipt anyway. But I have a question for you o...

What happened on the day you took those pictures? Was there no service? Or the money you were expecting wasn't there? gringrin

20 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by bigtt76(f): 4:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
No wonder we are still being charged ATM maintenance monthly grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2013
Same question i always ask too. Alot of People are not just good at maintaing resources

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Linoversace: 5:01pm On Jun 16, 2013
What do you need it for?
It makes no sense looking at it severally.What's written there is what you have left in your account.Keeping it won't add N1 to your balance. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by kolamilan(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2013
some receipt self na 0.15 naira you go there.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by specialguest(f): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2013
I had no idea atm machine's still print out receipt hence when i get the prompt " do you want a receipt for this transaction" on impulse i select NO. What do you need it for anyway when you get an sms alert almost immediately notifying you of the transaction details and your account balance.

12 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
kolamilan: some receipt self na 0.15 naira you go there.
hahaha
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
specialguest: I had no idea atm machine's still print out reciept hence when i get the prompt " do you want a reciept for this transaction" on impulse i select NO. What do you need it for anyway when you get an sms alert almost immediately notifying you of the transaction details and your account balance.
That's what i do too FW. BTW, that's my foot in the 2nd pix.lol
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by nenergy(m): 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dygeasy: But I have a question for you o...
What happened on the day you took those pictures? Was there no service? Or the money you were expecting wasn't there? gringrin
Hahahaha. It was a sunday morning. There was no crowd at all, so i had the time.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by fitzmayowa: 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dygeasy: But I have a question for you o...
The ATM Machine swallow the OP ATM ni grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by JustME7(m): 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
hmmm. There's no topic I wouldn't see on nairaland FP.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by kokoye(m): 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
I scan the important ones, save the scan and dump the paper.

Next question
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by knowledge4(m): 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
It is pointless issuing receipts since the bank sends sms alert to the customers phones after the transaction.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by bunchyproject(m): 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
I tire oh
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by 234GT(m): 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Some people just want to make banks spend money.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by OperaMini1(m): 9:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
bigtt76: No wonder we are still being charged ATM maintenance monthly grin

Sista, which bank do you use, that still charges the monthly ATM maintenance fee?
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by ChuckD2(m): 9:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
If una know how this thing dey piss me off eh... I just don't understand it. Seriously, if you don't need a receipt, why would you ask the machine to issue it? And you see some of these idiots just keep doing it over and over and over again.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
When it's on about the receipt and stuff,
I just press NO!
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER EAT THEM ? cheesy cheesy WHAT ARE YA SUFFERING FROM PICA ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by jascon1(m): 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
Person wey snap t picture sef, see ur dirty foot. Ur foot must also b seeking a space in that thrash basket.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by elari(m): 9:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
that to show we are Nigerians. we are unique. . .
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by efemty001: 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
Well as for me, i dont throw it away.. i do keep it and use it to smoke weed. looking and holding it firmly to the hand, it looks like rizler and it very good to rap igbo. i even go to the machine atm even when am not having a dine inside my acct....all in the name of i need the print out...hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
D' author=nenergy]
That's what i do too FW. BTW, that'ssmy foot in the 2nd pix.lol[/quote]

Open another thread on the photo section of nairaland ..

'PICTURE OF A NAIRALANDER'S FOOT CLOSE TO AN ATM WASTE BIN THAT TONTO DIKE USED'

Who knows? You may make the front page .

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by free2ryhme: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
nenergy: The Banking sector does more than generate revenue for the government, it is generating refuse for the environment. Go to any bank’s ATM and you will find pieces of ATM transaction receipts littered all over the premises, that is after the waste baskets are full to the brim. Now the question is; Why do Nigerians collect ATM Transaction receipt only to dump them?

VERIFY YOUR MONEY WAHT ELSE .. WILL IT COST YOU ANYTHING TO HAVE A RECEIPT FOR YOUR TRANSACTION .. IT IS FREE .. USE IT .. NIGERIANS AND THEIR YEYE KWESION!!
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dygeasy: Because there's no one you need to show the receipt to. You're the owner of the card and money and the account. I don't bother printing out any receipt anyway. But I have a question for you o...

Lmao
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by WukedP(m): 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
I use to collect my reciept then cos it helped me one particular time the atm debited me witout payin me 20k n it wasnt my bank i complaind n they asked me to present d reciept which i did, n it took me almost a month to recover my pay bak, but ever since they started returning money bak almost immediatly when the transaction goes wrong i ve stoped dat its useless now i must say

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Ijiego: 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ok i for chop am abi?
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by jascon1(m): 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
Every customer is entitled to a receipt for any legal transactions. Is not t fault of t customer that t place is littered. The banks should have better disposal units for these papers. Imagine a small basket for approx. 1000 customers. The maintenance crews don't check to ensure these baskets r always empty or replaced when full. This thing happens in many countries and not only in 9ja. But, its t duty of t banks to clean up thrash and that's one of the services u pay for. Do u know how frustrating our atm are? T frustration Is enough to break t machines sef. Abeg leave customers make dem breathe joor. Na dem go clean t floor b4? See ur dirty foot sef wey u tek dey snap picture

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by Ijiego: 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
specialguest: I had no idea atm machine's still print out receipt hence when i get the prompt " do you want a receipt for this transaction" on impulse i select NO. What do you need it for anyway when you get an sms alert almost immediately notifying you of the transaction details and your account balance.
Same here.
Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by eddycross(m): 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
It is important to collect your receipt (when it is available) because it will serve as your first evidence in case of an error on your transaction or as Wuked.P noted, in case of a wrongful debit.

In addition, some people may not have SMS or e-mail notifications enabled or internet banking to check their own records.

You may have never had an event that needs recourse to the bank... but if you do, you'd be glad you collected it. It's tossed away because when people look through, you can quickly see that all is well with your transaction (and your account).

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Collect ATM Transaction Receipts Only To Dump Them? (PIX) by vixen2: 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
most tyms wat we expect from it is not wat it gives us. . .So is of no use keepn it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help On Bulk Sms Business / 20+ Small Business Ideas For Small Towns / Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.