Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? (1621 Views)

Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? / Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2013
To our christian brothers; please convince me on this, I really want to learn.

If God truly can do everything, why did He not stay up there in heaven and clear out sins from everyman both born and unborn or even find a better alternative rather than Jesus christ leaving his heavenly thrown to come and die for mankind, at least, that wouldn't be much of a deal.

plz plz, I really want to learn and understand this
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by mahdino: 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
Hey bros, u can say it loud and bold u are very correct.
It is just that people have been brain wash so it is difficult for one to stop and think, but just follow follow.
God forgive sins anytime all the time, he does not have to kill or sacrifice anybody. Infact all the prophets of God including Jesus did not preach someone will die for u before u reach heavEn, he said keep the laws and commandments and heaven is yours(matt:5:17). It was later on that paul and some other people that interpolate the bible start to preach contrary to Jesus
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by enilove(m): 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2013
mahdino: Hey bros, u can say it loud and bold u are very correct.
It is just that people have been brain wash so it is difficult for one to stop and think, but just follow follow.
God forgive sins anytime all the time, he does not have to kill or sacrifice anybody. Infact all the prophets of God including Jesus did not preach someone will die for u before u reach heavEn, he said keep the laws and commandments and heaven is yours(matt:5:17). It was later on that paul and some other people that interpolate the bible start to preach contrary to Jesus

When writing something that is open for everyone to read, you need to know and be sure you are knowledgeable concerning what the subject is .

You claimed Jesus did not preach that until someone dies b4 one can be saved. But you are wrong.

John 3:14-16 KJV
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: [15] That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. [16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The above reference was the direct word of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I just hope most of you will stop this vain babbling and pray to God to save your souls.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2013
Sorbital: To our christian brothers; please convince me on this, I really want to learn.

If God truly can do everything, why did He not stay up there in heaven and clear out sins from everyman both born and unborn or even find a better alternative rather than Jesus christ leaving his heavenly thrown to come and die for mankind, at least, that wouldn't be much of a deal.

plz plz, I really want to learn and understand this

The answer you seek is quite simple:

He chose to do it the way he did!
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 16, 2013
O L O
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by mahdino: 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
Brother, what I said was a quotation from matt. 5:17, which Jesus clearly mention and stressed that if u want salvation keep the laws and the commandments he did not mention killing any body for anyone.
Now who is speaking the truth? Are u saying Jesus was babbling when he said unless u keep the laws u can never get salvation?
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
striktlymi:

Not a reasonable answer. Try again.

Answer the op's question
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Answer the op's question

I believe you came into this thread because you made a choice...what other answer is more reasonable than that?
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
God doing all things? Nope.....God cant heal amputees
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by UyiIredia(m): 1:00am On Jun 18, 2013
FOLYKAZE: God doing all things? Nope.....God cant heal amputees

Hmmn. Can men via advanced medical technology (as in stem cells) heal amputees ?
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by UyiIredia(m): 1:02am On Jun 18, 2013
striktlymi:

The bolded is all that really matters. God chose it that way.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by UyiIredia(m): 1:06am On Jun 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Answer the op's question

So like, you want stryktlymi to say God is not omnipotent hence illogical. Then you clap for him, the way you did me when I asserted God isn't loving.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by UyiIredia(m): 2:03am On Jun 18, 2013
Sorbital: To our christian brothers; please convince me on this, I really want to learn.

I am a deist.

Sorbital: If God truly can do everything, why did He not stay up there in heaven and clear out sins from everyman both born and unborn or even find a better alternative rather than Jesus christ leaving his heavenly thrown to come and die for mankind, at least, that wouldn't be much of a deal.

Your question isn't one of whether God can do but why God didn't do. Like you God can choose (he/she is intelligent and conscious) to act in a certain manner, you may or may not like it but that doesn't erase the fact (or at least the possibility) that it did.
Your last statement suggests you are thinking along my lines but there is a problem: Jesus had every right and power to disobey God and NOT die. Remember, he told Peter after he cut a soldier's ear he could call angels to his rescue. Another interesting fact to note, which people (and even I) overlook is the interplay of events that led to Jesus' death:

• Judas could have decided not to betray Jesus with a kiss - he did.
• Jesus could have simply apologized to his captors - he didn't
• Caiphas could have let Jesus go, he had the authority - he didn't
• Pilate could have (heeding his wife's warning) released Jesus -
he washed his hands off (as a sign of omission) yet he didn't
release Jesus maybe because of political ambition.
• On the way to calvary, his disciples could have attempted to
rescue a man they loved - they didn't
• The soldiers nailed Jesus to a wooden stake

thereafter He died, signs and wonders occurred. Keep in mind at any instance of the events listed humans could have intervened to stop his death, did they ? No. Likewise any of the opposition could have decided to repent of their action, did they ? No.

Indeed God sent His son to die, could he not have died, as is evident from my list, yes. Could His Son have disobeyed him, yes. Could the humans have not killed him, yes. Despite the fact that humans killed God's son, who gets the blame ? You guessed right, God. I think that's ironic.

Sorbital: plz plz, I really want to learn and understand this

You can understand something but dislike it. The way some people learn and understand Mathematics or Nokia 3310's but dislike it.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:19am On Jun 18, 2013
enilove:

When writing something that is open for everyone to read, you need to know and be sure you are knowledgeable concerning what the subject is .

You claimed Jesus did not preach that until someone dies b4 one can be saved. But you are wrong.

John 3:14-16 KJV
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: [15] That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. [16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The above reference was the direct word of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I just hope most of you will stop this vain babbling and pray to God to save your souls.

A word is enough for the wise.

Lie @ bolded! Jesus didn't say that.

So my dear, "When writing something that is open for everyone to read, you need to know and be sure you are knowledgeable concerning what the subject is ."

1 Like

Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Emusan(m): 8:29am On Jun 18, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Lie @ bolded! Jesus didn't say that.

So my dear, "When writing something that is open for everyone to read, you need to know and be sure you are knowledgeable concerning what the subject is ."

Who said the word if not Jesus?
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Hmmn. Can men via advanced medical technology (as in stem cells) heal amputees ?

Why compare men to God? Isn't he meant to be above men??
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 18, 2013
striktlymi:

He chose to do it the way he did it....yup! He chose to allow numerous pains, despite all the prayers and crying. Ok
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 18, 2013
masonkz:

He chose to do it the way he did it....yup! He chose to allow numerous pains, despite all the prayers and crying. Ok

The bold is all I need from your post...yes he chose to allow them, though for a reason.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:29am On Jun 18, 2013
Emusan:

Who said the word if not Jesus?

The author of the gospel of John.

Jesus stopped speaking on verse 15. You could even see the inverted commas that mark end of speech. But the author continued on his own in verse 16. Read it again.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Emusan(m): 10:49am On Jun 18, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

The author of the gospel of John.

Jesus stopped speaking on verse 15. You could even see the inverted commas that mark end of speech. But the author continued on his own in verse 16. Read it again.

Get a King James Red Bible all the words that Jesus spoken were written in RED letter.

Just an advice sha...
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:50am On Jun 18, 2013
Emusan:

Get a King James Red Bible all the words that Jesus spoken were written in RED letter.

Just an advice sha...

Sorry, I can't get that. Just explain here. Are you saying that all other versions of the bible are wrong and only the king james red bible is correct? How do you know what the red lettering denotes? It may not even be what you think. You want to attribute words to jesus using a non conjugated bible while discarding other more researched and better written ones. Christian logic at work.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by UyiIredia(m): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
masonkz:

Why compare men to God? Isn't he meant to be above men??

Then why do men compare God to themselves ? Aren't they below him ?

1 Like

Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Emusan(m): 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Sorry, I can't get that. Just explain here. Are you saying that all other versions of the bible are wrong and only the king james red bible is correct? How do you know what the red lettering denotes? It may not even be what you think. You want to attribute words to jesus using a non conjugated bible while discarding other more researched and better written ones. Christian logic at work.

Way of prolonging matter. Someone quotes Bible you said the word isn't from Jesus and I advice you to get a Bible where Jesus words were all highlighted in red color yet you keep twisting yourself.

Then if you know you can't get the Bible 'enilove' has spoken it is left for you to decide.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2013
Emusan:

Way of prolonging matter. Someone quotes Bible you said the word isn't from Jesus and I advice you to get a Bible where Jesus words were all highlighted in red color yet you keep twisting yourself.

Then if you know you can't get the Bible 'enilove' has spoken it is left for you to decide.

Well, in the original text, jesus' words were written in italics, but those words weren't. Get a copy of the original text and come back to me.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 19, 2013
well, from the little I'v gathered so far, I was made to believe that God chose everything to happen the way it did happened. If that's true, why then is the blame on man since it was God who chose and allowed His son to suffer n die dt way
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2013
Sorbital: well, from the little I'v gathered so far, I was made to believe that God chose everything to happen the way it did happened. If that's true, why then is the blame on man since it was God who chose and allowed His son to suffer n die dt way

You can't understand a confused god.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 19, 2013
Sorbital: well, from the little I'v gathered so far, I was made to believe that God chose everything to happen the way it did happened. If that's true, why then is the blame on man since it was God who chose and allowed His son to suffer n die dt way

Morning sorb,

The bold would be wrong for demonstrable reasons. For starters, God did not choose everything to happen as it did because this implies that God made everything happen.

God however, chose to allow everything happen...note the difference...choosing to allow an event take place is different from choosing the event, within the context of the discourse.

The sin of Adam and Eve is not what God chose for them, quite on the contrary, they chose it for themselves but God allowed the event take place because to do the converse would mean taking away their free will.

Now, with the ish of Christ, man decided to make him suffer and die but God allowed it to happen. Man was not forced to kill the Christ hence his guilt in the matter.

This would be quite problematic for those who either, out of good conscience, do not understand or deliberately refuse to understand it.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:08am On Jun 19, 2013
striktlymi:

Morning sorb,

The bold would be wrong for demonstrable reasons. For starters, God did not choose everything to happen as it did because this implies that God made everything happen.

God however, chose to allow everything happen...note the difference...choosing to allow an event take place is different from choosing the event, within the context of the discourse.

The sin of Adam and Eve is not what God chose for them, quite on the contrary, they chose it for themselves but God allowed the event take place because to do the converse would mean taking away their free will.

Now, with the ish of Christ, man decided to make him suffer and die but God allowed it to happen. Man was not forced to kill the Christ hence his guilt in the matter.

This would be quite problematic for those who either, out of good conscience, do not understand or deliberately refuse to understand it.

Which begs the question: "of what use is this god then"?
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 19, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Ask the guy ooo!

Striky's God just sits and watches as how evil ruins human beings.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 19, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

My comment did not 'beg any question'.
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ask the guy ooo!

Striky's God just sits and watches as how evil ruins human beings.

Your words!
Re: Can God Truly Do All Things As Said? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:44am On Jun 19, 2013
striktlymi:

My comment did not 'beg any question'.

Can you answer the question then? Of what use is god?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World Will Never End / Happy 59th Birthday To Pastor Tunde Bakare / 6 Messages To The Church - Heaven Visitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.