Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried (17279 Views)

Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As Tinubu Posters Disappear From APC’s Secretariat / Sen. Bola Tinubu’s Mother, Abibat Mogaji Is Dead / Tinubu’s Mother, Abibat Mogaji Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by naijadesk: 8:14am On Jun 17, 2013
The remains of the President-General, Association of Nigerian Market Women and Men, Alhaja Abibat Mogaji, mother of the former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubua, were on Sunday, committed to mother earth at Vaults and Garden Cemetery, Ikoyi amidst tears, eulogies and tributes.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1158098_TINUBU_jpg3ab0635e145ae9c696838d75bb53fb99[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1158113_tinu3_jpeg79ea7e2f2d35ec2c342f9872d0a40c8a[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1158114_tinu2_jpegf7273ef232b878933031c73f4681af20[/img]
The body was lowered into the tomb at 12:42pm. Before then, the body that departed her home at Sunday Adigun Street in Alausa, Ikeja at about 10:45am and was driven in a Grey Mercedes Benz wagon 400 marked TOS 7 belonging to TOS funeral for Islamic funeral service at the Lagos Central Mosque located on Lagos Island.

By 11:25am, the white casket containing the remains were taken into the mosque for a brief prayer led by the Chief Imam of Lagos, Alhaji M. G. Akinola Ibrahim.

The body was later removed from the white casket, wrapped in a white cloth and interred in the vault.

Asiwaju Tinubu was flanked by the Governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi and his Ogun State counterpart, Ibikunle Amosun, Chief Bisi Akande, Ahaji Femi Okunnu, House of Representatives members.

Speaking to newsmen on how his mother passed on, he said she died while relaxing.

According to him, “on Saturday afternoon, she had her lunch. After that, she used her drugs and rested. While resting, death came and snatched my mother away. Well, immediately she died, I felt her void. One cannot but look at his mother being buried.”

Tinubu said though he was going to miss her motherly care, he was glad she lived a successful life.

The strong man of Lagos politics reminisced on some of the fond moments he spent with her, saying she inspired him greatly during his eight years reign as governor of Lagos State.

“I miss her lunch even when I am full. I am very happy that she is my mother. She is a very successful mother. She is a good leader. She didn’t put anyone in suffering before she departed from this world. She is so kind and God was also kind to her. She is a good thinker, passionate and compassionate. She has left a very good legacy for everyone.” He said he took solace in the fact that she impacted in all those she came across during her 96 glorious years on earth.

“She was the one who asked me to look at the face of three women who had challenge of paying their children’s West African Examination Council (WAEC) fee, which touched me. It isn’t the amount of money I pulled out of my pocket but as a governor then, I began the policy of paying WAEC fees of pupils in Lagos State public schools. Those are things that will fascinate anyone about my late mother. She taught everyone she came across contentment, love and the act of sharing, especially to the needy.”

Tinubu who affirmed that her demise had left a vacuum, which might be hard to fill, urged women to take a cue and stand for what they believed in, even in the face of adversity.

“There are many lessons women can learn from her. And one of the lessons is that they should learn to be resilient, committed and industrious in order to help banish poverty in the country. She is a committed democrat. She believes in the one man, one vote campaign. She will vote and mobilise others to do so. Women must continue to plan together and share issues, discuss together,” he added.

http://africzone.com/tears-tributes-as-mogaji-tinubus-mother-is-buried/
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by vizboy(m): 9:27am On Jun 17, 2013
From dust she came and to earth she goes RIP embarassed
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Caracta(f): 9:28am On Jun 17, 2013
Tears? Where?

Rest well... cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by MillionDollars: 9:29am On Jun 17, 2013
Wat a pity! Buh she's 96 for cryin out loud! Y d cry? ?. . Wait o! I made frontpage. .*kissing ma wife's A.S.S*
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by ochukoccna: 9:33am On Jun 17, 2013
RIP if you lived well on earth
If not,may God be lenient even in his judgement

1 Like

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by eazzzy1(m): 9:34am On Jun 17, 2013
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by JohnnyPalmer: 9:35am On Jun 17, 2013
Rip mama tinubu
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by AnOlAd: 9:36am On Jun 17, 2013
But this woman no be Tinubu Biological mother now? Abi no be so dem talk...

2 Likes

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Occurstaem(m): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2013
Only those that still have mothers will know what motherly care means.

2 Likes

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by plainmirror(m): 9:38am On Jun 17, 2013
And so
Ʊ knw how many casual deaths dat occur,why must dis hv a hype huh!
EAT ALONE AND DIE ALONE.

1 Like

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Ismahill(m): 9:39am On Jun 17, 2013
Inna lilahi wahinalilahi rajihun

1 Like

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Ismahill(m): 9:40am On Jun 17, 2013
Inna lilahi wahina ilahi rajihun
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by collins125: 9:40am On Jun 17, 2013
Death is Innevitable.

Check my signature
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by eazzzy1(m): 9:41am On Jun 17, 2013

7 Likes

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by christ4mi(f): 9:42am On Jun 17, 2013
Rest in Peace, Mama.
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by DJDOLA(m): 9:45am On Jun 17, 2013
AnOlAd: But this woman no be Tinubu Biological mother now? Abi no be so dem talk...
who can be tinubu mother..can u pls explain...olodo rabata

2 Likes

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by AGgal(f): 9:46am On Jun 17, 2013
I posted twice. This space is 4 sale
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by AGgal(f): 9:46am On Jun 17, 2013
RIP! I knw they'll miss her but @96 they shld be rejoicing. How many ppl live up to 80 these days
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by fuke(m): 9:49am On Jun 17, 2013
The strong man of Lagos politics [b][/b]

I disagree.

It should read "The strong man of Nigeria politics"
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by ademine: 9:50am On Jun 17, 2013
may her gentle soul R.I.P. you yes you! make life meaningful while you have the opportunity to do so. stop d complaint of other person's worth

1 Like

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by miqos02(m): 9:53am On Jun 17, 2013
AnOlAd: But this woman no be Tinubu Biological mother now? Abi no be so dem talk...
wetin consine u, the man say na im mama, u say no be so. haba, oya dash am ur mama. busy body
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by deleteme: 9:57am On Jun 17, 2013
Is it only me that noticed that Fashola is obviously missing? I hope all is well with both or did Tinubu demand for a huge financial contribution from the state and fashola refused?

2 Likes

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Brimmie(m): 10:01am On Jun 17, 2013
We Never Met, So I Cant Call Say Her Soul Was Gentle... Mama, Just Rest In Peace!!

OGA Fash, Shey Na Burnin Things?? Abi Space Dey To Bury Mama??
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by moscobabs(m): 10:01am On Jun 17, 2013
na where Tear dey now in d pictures?no Bisi Akande dey laugh in d the mist of ACN governors so?
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by mike404(m): 10:02am On Jun 17, 2013
Ismahill: Inna lilahi wahina ilahi rajihun
O BOY YOU WAN BOMB US FOR HERE NI
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Ashabie(f): 10:07am On Jun 17, 2013
Innallilah wainailehin rojiun
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by elbinmanny(m): 10:08am On Jun 17, 2013
Nonsense!!!!!!!! Height of hypocrisy!!!!! So she was buried shocked shocked thought Lagos just passed the cremation bill.......? Wasn't she suppose to be burnt n her ashes put into a pepsi bottle So now the new bill is just for the poor Lagosians undecided look at the type opposition we have sad they pass a law n still go back to do same thing!

1 Like

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 17, 2013
Rest in Peace Ma
Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Chasitty001: 10:10am On Jun 17, 2013
I can see see the House Of Reps Speaker there. he must be very close to Tinubu to come at such short notice. The woman died on Saturday night and Tambuwal was there Sunday morning.

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by Brimmie(m): 10:11am On Jun 17, 2013
[size=30]I Hope They (PDP) Not Gon Suspend Tambuwal!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Tears, Tributes As Tinubu’s Mother, Is Buried by easternguy: 10:12am On Jun 17, 2013
RIP to the dead.

But anything like 2015 sacrifice things in dictionary?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Kanu’s Trial Postponed Till April 5 / Seyi Makinde Dissolves LG, Board Chairmen, Places Embargo On Council, State / Photos From Workers' Day Celebration In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.