Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:24 AM

Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. (9002 Views)

Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / Ganduje In Caterpillar, Commissions A Road Project (Photos) / Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Donchyke39(m): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2013
Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra on Thursday launched  the construction of a N300 million dual carriage Park road as part of efforts to make Onitsha a mega-city.

The governor said at the  the ceremony that the road project would link Governor’s Lodge,  Anambra International Hotel, Convention Centre and Shoprite Departmental Stores.

According to him, his administration is committed to transforming Onitsha from its present status to a destination for leisure, tourism and business.

Obi assured residents of Onitsha of the state government’s commitment to continue with the urban renewal and modernisation of social infrastructure in the city.

“Our major objective is to make Onitsha, a mega-city and transform its present status to a destination for leisure, tourism and business,’’ Obi said.

The governor said that the road project would cost N300 million and that it would be completed within six months.

“Due to the importance of the road; we have awarded it to a competent contractor who would see that all necessary facilities are put in place.

“This project would mark the beginning of renewal of Onitsha GRA and other part of this great commercial city, since more roads would be reconstructed to meet the standard of a mega-city.

“What we have in mind is to restore Onitsha to its former glory and provide more social infrastructure that would take care of the growing population of the city,’’ he said.

Earlier, the state Commissioner for Works, Mr Callistus Ilozumba, said that the road would have all modern facilities,

Ilozumba noted that the state government was not indebted to any contractor undertaking its projects.

He urged the people to imbibe the habit of cleanliness and remove illegal structures that prevent free flow of vehicles.

In a related development, Obi supervised the pulling down of the former structure of Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS) Onitsha Office in GRA Onitsha to give way for Shoprite Complex.

The governor told newsmen that the state government had made adequate provision for the relocation of the ABS station to its permanent site in Awada within Idemili North Local Government.

Obi said the station would be repositioned for better and uninterrupted service.

Source:http://yankarireports.com/obi-launches-n300m-road-project-in-onitsha/

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Katier00(f): 8:41am On Jun 17, 2013
gud
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by mikijagga(m): 9:19am On Jun 17, 2013
Finally.. the roads there are nothing to write home about
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by MillionDollars: 9:20am On Jun 17, 2013
I wanna use dis opportunity 2 thank God 4 making first page. Its nt by my power but by God's glory. I thank God

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by immkels(m): 9:25am On Jun 17, 2013
Wow that man is really trying! Haterz gon Hate
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 17, 2013
peter obi really trying;pls if u dont live in anambra or u are an idemili ngige supporter dnt criticize him,if u want to comment take a trip around anambra state and see hw hard the man is working
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Chimeluv(f): 9:27am On Jun 17, 2013
He is about leave office and he suddenly remembers the bad roads in onitsha. I hope he compietes it before he leaves office.

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Smartgunna: 9:30am On Jun 17, 2013
Ok good move, but did he have to wait like towards the end of his tenure to start this Hope it doesn't turn out to be a burden on his successor.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by xman4life: 9:35am On Jun 17, 2013
His efforts are quite laudable. But pulling down the ABS complex just to make way for the building of shoprite is condemnable. The complex has been there for ages and giving such highy priced land to owners of shoprite just for pecuniary gains is wrong. This is a very controversial move and will surley pitch the governor against most inhabitants of Onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2013
good for you. shebi its one of those one lane-laterite pressed down, coated with bitumen thing of a road construction? smiley
one heavy rain, road vanish.
eat well bros, na ur time grin

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by collins125: 9:42am On Jun 17, 2013
Chimeluv: He is about leave office and he suddenly remembers the bad roads in onitsha. I hope he compietes it before he leaves office.

Smart comment.

Check my signature.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by rozayx5(m): 9:43am On Jun 17, 2013
SLIDE waxie: good for you. shebi its one of those one lane-laterite pressed down, coated with bitumen thing of a road construction? smiley

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Sealeddeal(m): 9:44am On Jun 17, 2013
its a good work from Gov Peter obi but i think this is equally a strategy to win people's support ahead of this year election because he is out to install somebody in awka

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by PHIPEX(m): 9:50am On Jun 17, 2013
Good one Obi especially for the six months target, I've set my alarm clock to Dec 2013. Hope to see it completed when I come for xmas.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Caleboha(m): 9:51am On Jun 17, 2013
Southeast roads are despicable! Billions of dollars have gone down d drain in the guise of repair contracts. Aba stinks of intense neglect, roads littered with garbage, mud and shit! Its amazing how these igbo guys live on with such resilience while their leaders greedily consume public funds. May be someday they'll stop blaming the Nigerian entity for their predicament and face the devils within.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Youngzedd(m): 9:54am On Jun 17, 2013
Chimeluv: He is about leave office and he suddenly remembers the bad roads in onitsha. I hope he compietes it before he leaves office.

You're correct.

Obi is not smarter than OTU boiz.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by buzor(m): 9:55am On Jun 17, 2013
Good one. Thats a long awaited project. Finally
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 17, 2013
This is not good enough!
His performances in office have not been good enough either. I think he wasted our time during his uninspiring time in office. Anambra is not any better now, is it? He promised alot but delivered so little.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Brimmie(m): 9:56am On Jun 17, 2013
Later You Guys Be Sayin ACN Governors Are Usin Media To Hype Their Administration!

Mtcheeww!!
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by thoth: 9:59am On Jun 17, 2013
xman4life: His efforts are quite laudable. But pulling down the ABS complex just to make way for the building of shoprite is condemnable. The complex has been there for ages and giving such highy priced land to owners of shoprite just for pecuniary gains is wrong. This is a very controversial move and will surley pitch the governor against most inhabitants of Onitsha.
i believe the man has stocks with the company and that is evil capitalism at its best, if people of onitsha main market allows that guy to build that stuff then they are really stupid.

NB: are you by any chance the same xman that a guy use to all Reptile ?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Youngzedd(m): 9:59am On Jun 17, 2013
PHIPEX: Good one Obi especially for the six months target, I've set my alarm clock to Dec 2013. Hope to see it completed when I come for xmas.

Impossible.

He haven't finish Nwangene He promised since 2006, na this one He wan finish b4 his tenure.

I laugh in Latin.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by IGBOSON1: 10:11am On Jun 17, 2013
SLIDE waxie: good for you. shebi its one of those one lane-laterite pressed down, coated with bitumen thing of a road construction? smiley

^^^With 300 million naira i hope a good job is done; but maybe it's just a small stretch of road that's why the cost is that low. However, any thing worth doing is worth doing well, so Obi should try and do a 'proper' job there......and use 'qualified' contractors as well.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by emekatimsu(m): 10:11am On Jun 17, 2013
Welld done Gov Obi.
Ur administration is really commendable. I hope a much better person continue from where you wil stop.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by nicxguy(m): 10:15am On Jun 17, 2013
Hmmm...........is Τ̲̅ђat y his destroying peoples shop in relief Ãήϑ upper iweka is nt fair at all d poor masses he destroyed there shop are crying ooooo
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by ewet: 10:19am On Jun 17, 2013
A gov is building a road and you re all here praising him amd thanking him for doing such like thts not why he was elected in the first place. If he doesnt build it then who will.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Abel202: 10:21am On Jun 17, 2013
This is a governor at the very twilight of his administrtion, yet he is still performing because he wants his name to be written in Gold whenever Anamabra history is being written. Yet we have one stupiid t.a.orji in Abia state who has wasted 6 years and under his watch Aba has turned into a large refuse dump. He will tell you its because he has Aba and Umuahia. Well Peter Obi also has Awka and Onitsha, his sit of power is Awka, but he has not forgoten Onitsha. Any Anambra governor that sidelines Onitsha because he sits at Awka is plain stupid. And Peter Obi is way too intelligent to act stupidly. Likewise any Abia state governor that neglects Aba as this yeye t.a.orji is completely clueless and dumb.

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by DAXTACY(m): 10:21am On Jun 17, 2013
BEST GOVERNOR AROUND. OBI 4 PRESIDENT !!
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by IGBOSON1: 10:25am On Jun 17, 2013
“This project would mark the beginning of renewal of Onitsha GRA and other part of this great commercial city, since more roads would be reconstructed to meet the standard of a mega-city.

^^^The above quote from the article infuriates me so; what has he been doing for the past 7 years that he could not fix up Onitsha and make it fresh, green, clean and welcoming? It looks like he only just woke up to the fact that Onitsha needs major attention! Anyway, better late than never i suppose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hundreds Of Igbos Training How To Shoot Gun PICS VIDEO / Reconstruction Work Begins On 109 Roads In Edo As Residents Commend Gov. Obaseki / Osinbajo: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.