Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (59566 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / What The Bible Say About Sports! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
jmoore:
Tell me where trouser is written in the bible and I will give you 1 million naira

Warri Bible grin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by bokohalal(m): 4:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
If you were abroad (North America or Western Europe) my sister, you go put on pants (trousers).
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by 1forall: 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Here's someone's view for you OP, it's about 7 minutes short.
She's Cameroonian and not speaking for any 'church' but to the body of Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87r81dWpbUc

She has a video about weaves/attachments too (below). Matter of fact she's got a lot of videos targeted at Christian woman on youtube, they should come up in the video suggestions if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCDZKaxJU-4

And who told you you look unkempt with your natural hair?

See, as a Christian, the bottom line is this:
We should take a personal stand and decision on these matters, because knowing the truth alone is not enough, but living it.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by nikkyshyne(f): 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Interesting thread smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by bukatyne(f): 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: I know too much of anything is bad, and ve also accepted that wearing of Trousers is an abomination to God.
But i really need the pastors in the house to address this issue concerning Make-ups! All i want here is the truth about it, i dont care how bitter it might sound to me...am ready to accept the truth.
Is the Bible against too much of wearing of Make-ups?
What about when the Make-up is just little and mild? Is it still a sin?
Or is it better not to wear one at all?
And 2ndly, do u think fixing of attachements is a sin too? Cause honestly i have a scanty long hair, and it usually looks unkempt when am without weavon or attachements.

Please i need answers.

Dear OP,

Remember that salvation is personal and a relationship with God.
God told me not to put on trousers anymore in a dream. If it's general or specific to me, I truly can't say but I am learning to still look good in skirts (it's not easy o!). I really have not seen anywhere in the Bible that talks against trousers sha.

AS for the make up/extension stuff, I believe it's also personal. There is no Bible verse I can genuinely say discourages make up in totality. Excess, yes because as Christians, we are to do everything in moderation but outright makeup, I don't know.

it is best you pray to God to let you know if He wants you to use make ups/ hair extensions or not.

God bless

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
I repeat, I was a member of Apostolic faith and deeperlife cults where other churches were judged , condemned and mocked, because these 2 cults think they are GOD's spokesmen for the world on earth.

They teach for commandments the doctrine of MEN.

To avoid coming into bondage with their legalistic methods, follow JESUS and shun their hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
SpicyMimi: Thanks a lot, i really do appreciate.

Concerning the issue of wearing Trousers, its written in the bible that a Male shall not wear a woman's cloak neither should a Female wear a Man's cloak.

Really i just want to please God, not Men....bt sometimes i feel guilty when i wear Make-ups, bt when its just little....i dont feel any guilt.

hello dear what i want to tell u is the truth and nothing but truth i thank God for making u know that wearing of trousers is wrong, but i want to throw more light, i want u to read exodus 33 vs 2 where God was angry and told the children of israel to strip themselves of their ornaments and u know wot ornaments include, earrings etc. I want u to read 1 timothy 2 vs 9 it reads, in like manner also that women adorn themselves in modest apparel with shamefacedness and soberity, and not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls or costly array. U see that God hates these things and would judge anyone who puts them on. For those that says that serving God is with only with the heart i want u to read i corinthians 6 vs 19-20 it reads that u should know that ur body is the temple of the holy ghost which is you, which ye have of God and ye are not your own, for you are bought with a price therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are Gods. So better be careful and let no man deceive you. Look at all these people that God have showned heaven and hell are they not saying the same thing. God is warning us especially women that thesee things they wear are of the devil. Its better to obey. God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Celepope: 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
Those people on this thread speaking against putting on trouser are really damn funny.Why not ask yourselves the place of various cultures ranging from Africans that do tie rapper or the Scottish people that do put on skirt?Before the colonialist came with christianity Africans both male and female do tie rapper.Funny enough if these various church sects see a man on rapper they tag it as sin.That is ignorance at the highest order.My Uncle a staunch Deeper lifer in Nigeria that always criticize wearing of trouser by women nobody advised him and his wife when they relocated to Canada.The wife and the kids now wear trouser.Those criticizing it wait till you relocate to these cold regions nobody will tell you to adjust your brainwashed head

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
bukatyne:

Dear OP,

Remember that salvation is personal and a relationship with God.
God told me not to put on trousers anymore in a dream. If it's general or specific to me, I truly can't say but I am learning to still look good in skirts (it's not easy o!). I really have not seen anywhere in the Bible that talks against trousers sha.

AS for the make up/extension stuff, I believe it's also personal. There is no Bible verse I can genuinely say discourages make up in totality. Excess, yes because as Christians, we are to do everything in moderation but outright makeup, I don't know.

it is best you pray to God to let you know if He wants you to use make ups/ hair extensions or not.

God bless

Sister, we do not work with dreams , we work with the word of GOD.

dreams and false visions can be misleading.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Richy4(m): 4:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
[i]OP who told you that trouser is an abomination to God. jezzzz. what sort of Churches do you attend over there.
hmmmm ok let me answer some of your question.

1. TROUSER: Trouser is not an abomination to God. if your Pastor says it is, tell him that it is winter in Australia.or if it is too far then South Africa is chilling now.let him and his wife take a little holiday over there and her wife should only go with skirts and wrappers so that we put the whole thing to test.

2. MAKEUP: Make up is not a sin. because perfume, body lotion, powder etc are part of make up. if you do not want to go to hell, then take your bath only. do not apply any thing on your body not even vaseline to moisturize your body. or you will not make heaven. please i will advise you to change church. you are living in bondage. cheesy[/
i]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by jookco(m): 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
1 Samuel 16:7 and God said to Samuel do not look as men look, for men look at outward appearance but God look on the heart of men.

Ladies has Jeans and trousers made for them, you aarr not wear agbada or baggy jeans made for men , this you know without the bible saying it, go ahead and worship God with your trousers in and dont mind them.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 4:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
I dnt go to deeperlife and likes,and i once wore trousers,makeups till the day i had a revalation

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by blackweaver(m): 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel: ^^

Trouser is not a MAN's dress, do you know that MEN wore dresses in the old days called garments, gowns etc, even the Scottish today wear skirts.

As far as the trouse is not tight to be too revealing, that's fine, but this is my opinion.

Thank you joo, i wonder whether men were wearing trouser when that law was even written. And besides there are trousers made for men and trousers made for women. Going by that passage it would be wrong for a man to wear a trouser made for women
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by omocheche(f): 4:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
Do your thing babe and let your conscience guide you, the pastor u are looking for is not better than you, it is just the grace of God that is keeping us all.

Personal i do not like too much makeup, but it all depend on who u re, u shld do things that will make u happy not what people they, if u don't feel like wearing makeup at all it ur decision no one can blame u for that. if u think trouser is a sin, what about short skirt, d very short ones.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by egift(m): 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
What the bible say about "Make-Up"?

= Moderation

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Celepope: 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
mysticgal: I dnt go to deeperlife and likes,and i once wore trousers,makeups till the day i had a revalation
Please tell us about your revelation it may help in clearing some issues here.Btw i will like to ask you if you won't you wear trouser if you are in a place like Europe or North America,If no what are you going to wear during the winter considering your revelation
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 4:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ok u worship God with your hearts and God said your body is my temple where i dwell but you pollute with man made attachment.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Dreal1247: 4:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel:

another falsely manufactured lie from 'HELL'.

This is precisely why deeperlife and Apostolic faith churches are cults , they use the fear of HELL to threaten young and mostly gullible believers into conformance.

what has the wearing of earrings or light make-up got to do with salvation ?

Pharisaical religious fanatics, that's what you all are, and I say this out of love for your own good.

smiley
1Jn 2:15-17. When the Spirit of the Lord is troubling you concerning anything, I beliv that that same Spirit has the answer to the issue. Why not separate yourself for three days and make inquiry from him? Looking @ most answers posted here, if you are not careful, you will end up being more confused than b4. I have seen many people whom God has directed to remove their earrings, trousers, weaveon and other wears. Reasons, because they cant serve him effectively with the materials. If you want to get the raw truth about dressing, contact a true Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Ministries member, Deeper life, Chosen(Muoka own) CAC. Etc. Do you know that Papa Adeboye's wife neither uses earrings, necklace nor fix weaveon. It is because of their spiritual implications. God does not want you to use them. Period.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by sunnyprof: 4:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
My take is this:

1. if you use make up and wear trouser till you die and gets to heaven to discover that it is a sin, what will be your fate? (because what Frosbel is saying is like "you must use it else you are missed it"wink

2. If you don't do make up or wear trouser as a lady, and you find that it does not matter in heaven, what did you miss?

3. What is make up? Adding something to correct what is missing? is it? Do you then mean you are not good enough the way God created you or how? What I am sure of is that God wants you to cover your unclothedness. As for make up I don't know.

4. Trouser is western, not African nor jewish nor greek. So as African, why not be the african God made you. Wear African dress. the guy talking of the writers of the Bible should know they are not western also, they are Jewish or greek, so if they were inspired to write these things, are they also against western tradition of wearing trousers?

5. Why do you need make up is what matters, are defective you need to patch that part up? if so then check if God agrees to that too.

6. Normal connotation depicts trouser as a man's dress, even in the western world. Skirt is for women. Some circumstances led to women wearing trousers and the origin of the use of make up is doubtful to be righteous somehow (my thinking), so be careful how you buy into it.

7. I heard all the time Christians say 'as many as are led by the spirit of God are the sons of God'. Have you ever been led by the spirit of God on how you dress? Were you ever led by the spirit of God to put on trouser as a lady anyday(I doubt)nor is there anytime the holy spirit tells you the make up to apply for some reasons? I want to think you may times (often) it happen in the opposite, not what anybody said but what you feel or cool with in your spirit. True?

8. Make your choice based on all these things. May God give you understanding.

5 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
Cele-pope:

Please tell us about your revelation it may help in clearing some issues here.Btw i will like to ask you if you won't you wear trouser if you are in a place like Europe or North America,If no what are you going to wear during the winter considering your revelation

dear why not stop refering to europe lets face africa,am not judging but i advice follow the bible not men
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
omokayode9258: king Solomon neva had any concubine, he was a Prophet of God nd hw wil u lie such on a whole prophet. D whole chapter refern to dt in d bible is a bg lie nd combind false. May God safe us frm al dis o
Idiotic Nonsense
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Celepope: 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
mysticgal: Ok u worship God with your hearts and God said your body is my temple where i dwell but you pollute with man made attachment.
Girl what makes an attachment polluted?the last time i checked they synthetically made in factory so what is the pollution there?For the trouser am waiting for a reply from you

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

Here goes frosbel again.....

The moderate....

Leading children to hell fire.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by trolling(m): 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
Paul instructed you women to be shamefaced well if you are to be shamefaced you wouldn't have all those stuff (lead, mercury) that makes your face to glow, moreso those chemicals you put on your face is doing harm to you, there's a reason why Jezebel painted her face when Jehu was getting ready to slay her, all those making up of your face were things you women learnt from strangers, the daughters of Zion didn't wear make up or made their face up, let's be realistic if you were to be in the presence of your Creator would He approved of all that make up. We are instructed not to learn the ways of strangers

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Celepope: 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
mysticgal:

dear why not stop refering to europe lets face africa,am not judging but i advice follow the bible not men
Wether Europe or Africa the bible is meant for all christians so yes my statement is justifiable.Your comment tend to apply simply to Africa.It really tells so much why Africa has refused to move forward because of the way they misinterprete the Bible
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 4:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
My dear follow bible,cos even people with spirit of can be used by satan"false prophets will arise even the elect will be decived"ask God to open your spiritual eyes

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel:

Sister, I have to warn you , I suspect you are a young lady , be careful and wary of cults.

They are tools of control in the hands of satan, once they control your life, you end up like one of them.

Jesus came to give us freedom not bondage, sin is not in dress or makeup but in the heart.

In Apostolic faith I nearly lost my life because of the doctrine of not taking medicine, if it was not for the quick thinking of my uncle I should have been 6 feet under , waiting for the resurrection , because of the poison this cult fed me, also , they look down on all other churches as if they only possessed the truth , they only marry within themselves ( trait of cult ) , but most worrying is , they will turn you into one of them, hypocritical, judgemental, critical and harsh Pharisees.

In Deeperlife, Legalism was the order of the day, the emphasis is not on love and the heart but on dos and donts.

Do not be trapped by these cults, the misery and pain that comes with their baggage will come to haunt you a few years down the line. Read your bible and ask the Spirit for wisdom and guidance, do not rely on MEN.

"As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him." - 1 John 2:27

Again, dress and make-up in moderation will send no one to hell and hell is a place for the destruction of sinners at the end of time not before. Its called the second death in the lake of fire.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." - Galatians 5:1

"You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings." - 1 Corinthians 7:23

Lawless son of a lawless father.

Your reward is coming quick.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 4:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Jezebel was the first woman to wear make up,bad example isnt it

6 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel: I repeat, I was a member of Apostolic faith and deeperlife cults where other churches were judged , condemned and mocked, because these 2 cults think they are GOD's spokesmen for the world on earth.

They teach for commandments the doctrine of MEN.

To avoid coming into bondage with their legalistic methods, follow JESUS and shun their hypocrisy.

Frosbel which cult do you belong to?

Seeing that all churches can be termed as cult

Also thank you for sharing your knowledge of which churches are cults.

Can you also inform us on which churches arent cults?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mysticgal(f): 4:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
Going without all these dosnt make you less a beauty @ op

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
God wants his children to dress well, befitting their status as children of the King of kings, that's why he told the Israelites to ask for gold jewelry and clothes before leaving Egypt.

He's just like any other parent who wants his children to look their best, but with modesty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Modele Fatoyinbo Dragged For Defending Her Husband Pastor Fatoyinbo Against Rape / Why Men Are Having Sex With Their Maids Nowadays-Bishop Charles & Caro Ighile / Nigerian Lady Who Sees And Communicates With Ghosts Often

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.