Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like (9513 Views)

The Proposed 4TH Mainland Bridge & Masterplan In Pictures / Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Third Mainland Bridge Will Not Be Closed During Repairs – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by ipasco: 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
The Government of Lagos State Nigeria has started the initial phase of the construction of 4th Mainland Bridge, a 26km state of the art bridge designed to link Ikorodu to Eti Osa Local Government Area.

In an interview with THISDAY, Lagos State Commissioner of Works and Infrastructer, Dr Obafemi Hamzat disclosed that there was no problem on the development of the project contrary to speculations that it had been abandoned.

Hamzat, who once served as the state Commissioner for Science and Technology, explained why full work had not commenced on the proposed bridge linking it to a good number of buildings, which he said, would be affected if the old alignment was the state’s preferred option for the right of way.
He explained that the old alignment “is becoming a bit cumbersome because of the number of buildings on the right of way. It might be extremely destructive if we want to follow the old alignment. We might probably need to destroy a lot of good buildings. This option is not fanciful to us. So, we have to look at another right of way.”

He, therefore, acknowledged that consultants “are working on the new right of way. We will look at the cost-benefit analysis of the alignment that will be cost-effective. We are considering if it is better to pay compensation than going through another alignment. The experts are already working on it, and the report will come out soon.”

Hamzat categorically clarified that there was no problem, though explained that people “may not see the physical work at all for now. A bridge is not what we can jump in there and start to build. Then, we will be able to commence full work. But internally, a lot have been going on. The preliminary work has actually started.”

The commissioner, however, declined to give timeline for the completion of the project, citing different issues, which he said, needed to be resolved before the state government could commence work on the bridge in full scale.

He explained the need to meet all the stakeholders and people whose buildings would be affected in order to discuss the issues of compensation and resolve other issues that might lead to litigation while developing the infrastructure.
At this instance, the commissioner said it might be difficult “to determine. That is the truth of the matter. If there are 50 buildings on the right of way, we have to determine their cost. We also need to talk to people that will be affected.

“The fact that the state wants to pay compensation does not mean somebody will not go to court. So, we need to engage internally without people knowing what is happening. We need to know the owners of the buildings. We need to talk to them and arrive at a conclusion. So, it depends on how responsive the people are,” he said.

More photos of the proposed fourth mainland bridge below
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by slimming: 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
i can't see any pictures bros.

1 Like

Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Ngwakwe: 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
The toll gate never ready

slimming: i can't see any pictures bros.

2 Likes

Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by ipasco: 1:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
dnt know why the pictures are not loading........
here is another trial
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by kkkp: 1:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by ipasco: 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
the pictures are not uploading
but see pictures in the link below
http://gistpage.com.ng/?p=11659

1 Like

Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by ipasco: 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
stil trying
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Ngwakwe: 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
But where is the toll gate?

ipasco: the pictures are not uploading
but see pictures in the link below
http://gistpage.com.ng/?p=11659

Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2013

Upper Deck - Vehicular traffic

Morning - Bridge entrance

Day - Boulevard

Daily Market

Evening Plaza

Aerial View

Night View

Source

1 Like

Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Zet72(m): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
grin grin This is another elephant project
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by ipasco: 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ngwakwe:
But where is the toll gate?

why are you looking for a toll gate?
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Goodcare(m): 2:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
So help Nigeria God. (Amen)
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by ITbomb(m): 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
Now, where is the toll gate?
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by ipasco: 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
Zet72: grin grin This is another elephant project
elephant project you may say but its applausible
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by awhagwan: 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
Forgive me for asking o, but is the commissioner for works utterly brainless and completely stupid? The distance between Langbasa and Baiyeku is probably about 5km at the longest.

How does he plan to fit a 26km bridge into a 5 km space? Does he plan to start it in the Atlantic Ocean and end it on Sagamu road, Ikorodu?

Obviously, these people are mad and dishonest. There is no plan to build any yeye bridge. It's just a very sophisticated con. A scam. Another conspiracy to take 1500 hectares (like Lakowe Lakes) and use it to borrow $362m and still put toll gates on it for another 30 years, thereby completing the imprisonment of the people of Lekki.

How do they plan for the traders on the lower ramp to get to km 13 of the bridge on foot?

Who do they propose will be the customers of those traders? Who in their right minds will WALK 26km from one side of the bridge to the other?

Armed Robbers. I am more convinced now than ever that ACN is the Association of Criminals in Nigeria!!

3 Likes

Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by ipasco: 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
i can not be too sorry for you, poor PDP.
awhagwan: Forgive me for asking o, but is the commissioner for works utterly brainless and completely stupid? The distance between Langbasa and Baiyeku is probably about 5km at the longest.

How does he plan to fit a 26km bridge into a 5 km space? Does he plan to start it in the Atlantic Ocean and end it on Sagamu road, Ikorodu?

Obviously, these people are mad and dishonest. There is no plan to build any yeye bridge. It's just a very sophisticated con. A scam. Another conspiracy to take 1500 hectares (like Lakowe Lakes) and use it to borrow $362m and still put toll gates on it for another 30 years, thereby completing the imprisonment of the people of Lekki.

How do they plan for the traders on the lower ramp to get to km 13 of the bridge on foot?

Who do they propose will be the customers of those traders? Who in their right minds will WALK 26km from one side of the bridge to the other?

Armed Robbers. I am more convinced now than ever that ACN is the Association of Criminals in Nigeria!!
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by naptu2: 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by DuduNegro: 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
awhagwan: Forgive me for asking o, but is the commissioner for works utterly brainless and completely stupid? The distance between Langbasa and Baiyeku is probably about 5km at the longest.

Dude,

Calm down and look on the "Day-Boulevard" image, you will see two-way tracks running the length of the bridge. I suspect these are for trams or light, low occupancy shuttle trains.
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by naptu2: 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Dude,

Calm down and look on the "Day-Boulevard" image, you will see two-way tracks running the length of the bridge. I suspect these are for trams or light, low occupancy shuttle trains.

That's the first thing I noticed. It reminded me of the person (I can't remember who) that was demanding that the bridge have a rail component, which he felt was more important than the road component. I wish I can remember who it was.
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Dude,

On paper, this is indeed the case.

While it remains to be seen what else makes up the 26km mentioned, one must acknowledge that the plans indicated below betray major ambition.

How wide is the proposed fourth mainland bridge, for it to accommodate all these components?

We worked with a 60 meters dimension which is about twice the third mainland bridge if I’m not mistaken. 60 meters will mean that we have through it approximately 10 meters or 11 meters each and then a central core.We created a structure where all the component parts are supported differently but there’s a general support system so that when trains pass the center of the structure, it does not cause any vibration. When cars pass at high speed, they do not disturb the train traffic. When BRT busses stop, the train passing would not be causing vibration that can make it tumble because there’s a lot of traffic happening there, there are 2100 homes, 240 square meters of office spacing for medium and small scale businesses and there’s a whole 60 meters/ 30 meters space up there for traders and things like that.
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Desola(f): 4:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
Sh1t! I'm so bloody excited for this!
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by dayokanu(m): 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2013

You need to get educated even if its distance learning

Do you think a bridge is just placing planks across the river so people can walk on it
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by geeez: 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
Yoruba people again

When we said we will build the Lekki Ikoyi bridge, they laughed, today they criticize the finest bridge in West Africa

Today we say we will build the 4th mainland bridge and they have started once again. Time will tell

This bridge (though more than five times longer), will see the light of day before the 2nd Niger bridge I can bet
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by awhagwan: 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
dayokanu:

You need to get educated even if its distance learning

Do you think a bridge is just placing planks across the river so people can walk on it

If you are any example of what it is to be educated, I'd rather remain illiterate, thanks.

Stupeeed fooool like you, even if the bridge will overrun, as it should, on to land, need it be more than 1km on either side?

The maggots in your head will not let you understand, that 3rd Mainland bridge, which spans a whole lot more water, is only 11.8km.

Please tell us, after the 5km, plus patapata 2km on either side, where else do you and your shit-for-brains godfathers plan to take this pie in the sky you want to use to defraud Lagosians, after 14 years of empty promises?

[size=20pt]Where will the remaining 19km be? Or are you so innumerate you don't understand the math?[/size]
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by naptu2: 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
Although I suspect that it might end up being the fifth mainland bridge, rather than fourth mainland bridge.
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by dridowu: 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Not iin d mood 2 komet
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Mowire: 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
@awhagwan. It's difficult to ignore you.
Where did you pick the info that the bridge will span between Langbasa & Baiyeku?
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by DuduNegro: 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
naptu2: smiley reminds me of the comments on this page https://www.nairaland.com/829205/fashola-inspects-ikoyi-bridge-now

eGuerrilla:

On paper, this is indeed the case.

While it remains to be seen what else makes up the 26km mentioned, one must acknowledge that the plans indicated below betray major ambition.

True. In fact, each image has legends depicting the layers and its payload. They also indicate the point on the bridge where each of the labeled facilities will be located.

Label: Upper Deck- Vehicular Traffic
There are two wings to the bridge. 4 lanes on each wing and the right inner lane is designated for commuter bus.

Label: Morning- Bridge Entrance
Location: Shoreline ramp for access and exit on the Lower deck of bridge
The sectional shows the sillouehette of two shuttle trains to the left side of the deck.

Label: Day- Boulevard
The train sillouehette is again visible in this legend.
**If you look far down into the diminishing focal point of the artist's impression the full image of the shuttle train is actually visible**

Label: Daily Market
Location: further offshore and the approach from the other end of the deck.
A charcoal gray shuttle train is again visible in the background as it approaches towards the view.

Label: Evening Plaza
Fiesta, Outings...etc. Shuttle is in sectional here too.

It appears the shuttle trains are for end-to-end connections and would run a schedule that cover the entire day and part of the night.
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
geeez: Yoruba people again

When we said we will build the Lekki Ikoyi bridge, they laughed, today they criticize the finest bridge in West Africa

Today we say we will build the 4th mainland bridge and they have started once again. Time will tell

This bridge (though more than five times longer), will see the light of day before the 2nd Niger bridge I can bet

word is bond!
Re: Images Of What The Propose 4th Mainland Bridge Will Look Like by pheesayor(m): 9:35am On Jan 09, 2014
I heard on Nigeria info fm that the minister of works announced the the FG will soon begin construction of the Lagos coastal road that will include the fourth mainland bridge.

Who are we to believe now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fake CNN Reporter Arrested In Bayelsa / COVID-19: Our Vaccine Experience, By Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat / Ekiti 2022: Labour Party Did Not Collapse Structure For APC – Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.