Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,602 members, 7,801,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads (6777 Views)

Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? / Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways / FG Scraps NECO, NAPEP, Cancels UTME & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by NonsoB: 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-fvWCJ_cMWPU/Ub83r4lY8xI/AAAAAAAALac/YLFZZqxe6CU/s400/keke.jpg[/img]

Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo state has banned the use of commercial motorcycles and tricycles on major roads in five local government areas of the state.

Edo state government has threatened to destroy any commercial tricycle popularly known as 'Keke Napep' or motorcycle that disobey the order.

Oshiomhole said the decision was painful but it was for the overall security interest of the state, adding that the ban took effect from Sunday midnight.

In his words;

"I advice all bike riders to compel and keep off the road. Should any bike rider flout this order, he will be dealt with ruthlessly. The bike will be confiscated and destroyed."

"I care about your welfare but we are not about to replace motor bike with keke napep. PLEASE stay out of trouble"

It is not my wish to visit hardship to anyone, but it is my duty to provide security for the people of the state. Please respect this order. he added.

http://www.gistmetro.com/2013/06/tricycle-keke-napep-banned-in-edo-state.html
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
LOLOL

Edo is trying to create the largest unemployment market in Nigeria

How many people own cars?

What they need to ban is unkempt dangerous Nigerian taxi vehicles that's suppose to seat 10 people, but used to seat 30 people.

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by okosodo: 6:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
All the boko haram from the north have found benin a safe heaven. They ride bike everywhere in benin with an intention of acting on what mohammed (swt) told them in the qu‘ran. Oshiomhole is dislodging them, not embracing them like kwanskwaso is doing in kano. Oshobaba, i support you

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by effisyman: 9:21am On Jun 18, 2013
Now Oshio baba is calling for Gobee ....
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 18, 2013
What is wrong with that monkey on khaki? undecided
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2013
Wetin be my concern? ?
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by ebamma3: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2013
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by loverboy3060: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2013
na so
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 18, 2013
First okada now tricycle, i live in a very deep street in benin and cars dont go dere, dis is really bad what did he expect does riding okada to be doing now, some have many families to feed, did he expect them to go and steal
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by rozayx5(m): 9:27am On Jun 18, 2013
The Police shud be ready, cos i think they just increased the crime rate, while decreasing someones income

They shud learn to always create jobs for people, and not frustrate people

hope there are enough taxis to go about
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by AbuMikey(m): 9:30am On Jun 18, 2013
Na like so we see am oo.....But the comrade governor actually gave some reasons as to why he banned Keke Napep and Okada sha!!
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:30am On Jun 18, 2013
how can a damn vehicle increase crime rate

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 18, 2013
Since na major roads... ee no too bad, cos if the ban was extended to access roads, that's when it would sound inhumane to me.
Cos people would have found it difficult to get to their homes.
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 18, 2013
Idi Amin: What is wrong with that monkey on khaki? undecided

If your father had had the brain of that monkey,I'm sure he would have been the Governor of your state.

5 Likes

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 18, 2013
This man is not helping matters. I don't believe that somebody can use a keke napepe to commit crime and run away. Keke has no speed and could be caught easily by an average sprinter. Go to Ogun state and Anambra state, they are still using motorcycle (okada) but,crime rate in both states are not higher than that of other states that banned the use of okada and keke napepe

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by dridowu: 9:43am On Jun 18, 2013
I gbadun ds man but ds 1 is 2 much, I would hv prefer banning okada on highways but leaving Keke Napep out of it

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 18, 2013
chidindufrank: This man is not helping matters. I don't believe that somebody can use a keke napepe to commit crime and run away. Keke has no speed and could be caught easily by an average sprinter. Go to Ogun state and Anambra state, they are still using motorcycle (okada) but,crime rate in both states are not higher than that of other states that banned the use of okada and keke napepe

Have you considered the mortality rate caused by keke on highways in relation to death rate in states that banned it ?
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by solace8(m): 9:50am On Jun 18, 2013
Not a good move @ all.even in Lag,keke napep are still allowed to plough some roads
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by thelastPope(m): 9:56am On Jun 18, 2013
okosodo: All the boko haram from the north have found benin a safe heaven. They ride bike everywhere in benin with an intention of acting on what mohammed (swt) told them in the qu‘ran. Oshiomhole is dislodging them, not embracing them like kwanskwaso is doing in kano. Oshobaba, i support you

Where have you ever seen abokis driving napep? The kind of defense some of you try to put up for these things is outright ridiculous. Like I said in a previous thread, what really irks me about these decisions, is the reasons that they give for doing it. It is just off point! I know Benin very well. It is a volatile state with a lot of potential criminals and believe me, you dont want to give these guys a reason for crime because you will eventually regret it.
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Emmalexico(m): 9:57am On Jun 18, 2013
chidindufrank: This man is not helping matters. I don't believe that somebody can use a keke napepe to commit crime and run away. Keke has no speed and could be caught easily by an average sprinter. Go to Ogun state and Anambra state, they are still using motorcycle (okada) but,crime rate in both states are not higher than that of other states that banned the use of okada and keke napepe

Am from anambra and can proudly tell u dat d crime rate is high using okadas. Robbers use okada for easy escape afta robbing. I tink oshiomole did d right tin. Let d truth be said despite it affects a lot of people.. But d governor shud provide other employment oppurtunities for d affected victims..

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by ayobase(m): 9:57am On Jun 18, 2013
And the government is still trying to produce more motorcyles (tri-cycles) while the same and tri-cycle are getting banned.

Why don't we just venture into quadru-cycles production!

2 Likes

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by bright007(f): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2013
its a good decision in terms of security.i have observed that the number of aboki in EDPA/UNIBEN has trippled over the past two months and so is their nuisance and terrorist activities but let osho-baba provide the alternative source of employment for the innocent ones as fast as he can.A hungry man is an angry man.

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by thelastPope(m): 10:19am On Jun 18, 2013
Emmalexico:
Am from anambra and can proudly tell u dat d crime rate is high using okadas. Robbers use okada for easy escape afta robbing. I tink oshiomole did d right tin. Let d truth be said despite it affects a lot of people.. But d governor shud provide other employment oppurtunities for d affected victims..

Has crime reduced in Lagos state where Okadas are banned? You cannot reduce crime by banning what you think is their means of escape. What kind of theory is that? So you think an armed robber will stop robbing because his preffered means of getaway is banned? Some of you reason in a funny way!

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 18, 2013
hahahaha!! very soon they will ban bus and taxi so everyone should hustle and buy his/her own car grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by EmperorSeal(m): 10:33am On Jun 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

If your father had had the brain of that monkey,I'm sure he would have been the Governor of your state.
tell the nicompoo
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Have you considered the mortality rate caused by keke on highways in relation to death rate in states that banned it ?
Mortality rate caused by keke? Do you have any statistic to back this up? Mortality rate caused by okada,yes is higher, but,keke is one of the safest means of transportation in Nigeria
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Youngzedd(m): 10:54am On Jun 18, 2013
Lets watch and see the solution He has to offer to his people.
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 18, 2013
All CAN bulldogs have common objectives,to impoverish the people with their useless laws. Good okada kills,then what is the excuse for Keke ban?

The have shown they are party of the rich,by the rich,and for the rich. Mtcheeww
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by TechyGuy: 11:08am On Jun 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

I have been campaigning against people insulting and using swear word in nairaland, seeing your first two posts I almost dumped that campaign.
Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by TechyGuy: 11:12am On Jun 18, 2013
ACN is on its way to oblivion in Edo State. Edo state is not Lagos, you cannot push the people however you dim fit and tell them to bite the dust.
If Oshio is not careful, he will be the undoing of ACN in Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Keke Napep Banned On Major Edo Roads by Acidosis(m): 11:17am On Jun 18, 2013
I'm quiet sure the governor didn't ban these stuffs because of security reasons.

He banned these things because he wants Edo to look good.. These keke napeps are so ugly especially when they queue up in tens and hundreds on the street.. and they often cause confusing on the roads making the whole place look like the pit of hell...

We cannot keep dreaming of development, better infrastructures WHEN we cannot do away with 19th century equipments!

This minute you want to be like Dubai..

The next minute you complain when the govt ban ancient materials.

Gosh!! can't believe people still crave for "okada" of all things in this jet age!

The people manufacturing these stuffs called keke napep, will never use it..

BTW, I heard the price of one keke napep is high (about N350K)..

Why would anyone spend such amount on that stuffs in the first place when you could easily get a fairly used car for taxi, rent a shop/office space, invest, do business etc...
Nigerians and quick money!

They just love the quick - quick method.
Whats wrong if people learn trade, other professional and vocational hand works.. AND leave transport business for those that can afford a beffitting taxi (government specification)

How long shall we stay under intense sun and rain on the roads even when we have the money to pay?!

Innoson can easily manufacture nice air conditioned yet cheap suvs for taxi drivers... Its not a bad idea.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Pictures Of Buhari's Visit To Kano Today / President Of Nigeria Salary: How Much Does The President Collect? / BIAFRA: Nnamdi Kanu Arrives USA Ahead May30th Biafra Heroes Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.