Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:53 AM

A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? (2773 Views)

NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? / Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do? / Traveling To Uk And Accepting Diamond Job Offer, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by Carsonv(m): 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
Please guys I need my friend needs an urgent advice on this: He got an employment offer from a well-paying new generation bank and another offer from an internationally renowned Audit firm. Now he's torn between the devil and the deep blue sea...or is it between paradise and the Mansions of Sultan of Brunei! If you were in his shoes, which would you choose and why? Advice needed urgently!

P.S.: Remuneration from the bank is quite higher than the Audit firm!
Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
Well...as for me, banking is a no no when compared to any of the international audit firms like kpmg, pwc, ey, etc. The bank may offer more pay now, but in the long run...he'd be far ahead in an audit firm...in terms of cash, experience and exposure. I've worked in a bank before, and i can tell you...i wdnt think about it for a sec...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by walearoy(m): 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
Audit Firm all da way, if he uses 2yrs there and enta d bank trust me, it wld b better than vice versa
Give us name of the coys so we no xup
Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by Carsonv(m): 6:58am On Jun 18, 2013
Diamond Bank and PwC.
walearoy: Audit Firm all da way, if he uses 2yrs there and enta d bank trust me, it wld b better than vice versa
Give us name of the coys so we no xup
Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by oritsetimeyin: 8:51am On Jun 18, 2013
For Job security,professional Exposure et al...PWC
Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 18, 2013
i prefer PWC, because banks this days are not like before.
Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by franchuks(m): 11:09am On Jun 18, 2013
PWC all d way.... I wont think twice. Exposure, multi experience, oppurtunity 2 b chartered, job security n so on. God do our own o! Congrats bro.
Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by Tejufemi(f): 11:13am On Jun 18, 2013
D pay margin is high oo...db pays close 2 quarter a million monthly&pwc pays a lil bit above 150k,i stand 2b corrected tho'..bt all d same,it also depends on d dpt he's bn posted 2 in d bank oo,if na ICU,em go dey audit bank branches as well,i mean 'intErnally' oo&he's got som experience as well..
Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by mat2lock(m): 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
Tejufemi: D pay margin is high oo...db pays close 2 quarter a million monthly&pwc pays a lil bit above 150k,i stand 2b corrected tho'..bt all d same,it also depends on d dpt he's bn posted 2 in d bank oo,if na ICU,em go dey audit bank branches as well,i mean 'intErnally' oo&he's got som experience as well..
@tejufemi
You don't look at the pay now but look at your future prospect, three four years down the line if he decides to then go into the banking sector or anyother sector he most likely will be way above his peers in the bank in terms of salary at least twice and position

2 Likes

Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by walearoy(m): 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
Dude, presently diamond looks good but trust me PWC is better
Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 19, 2013
PWCCCCCCCCCCCCCC AL D WAY, AL UL DO IS AUDIT, EVEN IF YOU HAVE A BIG TARGET, U WONT GO ABOUT BEGGING PEOPLE FOR MONEY UNLIKE D BANKS.HAVE YOU HEARD OF (MPR PERFORMANCE REVIEW)IN THE BANKS WHERE UL B SHREDDED.WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE BANK IS DIFFERENT FROM THE CARROT THEY R DANGLING ON YOUR OFFER LETTER OR TERMS OF CONTRACT.

PWC FOR UR FUTURE.BANKS WIL JUST ENSLAVE YU. SPEAKING FRM 8YRS EXPERIENCE

1 Like

Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
PCW would give one a broad based experience, job security and avenues to so many opportunities. the pay will worth it with a little time into the future. It is not always about now but tomorrow

1 Like

Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by seunoj: 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
Go and learn the job@ pwc. In the process u may audit quality clients that will buy you over. Trust me, u will be better off.
Re: A Bank Job Offer And A Audit Offer - Which Would You Choos? by bygo: 10:12am On Jun 20, 2013
I don't even think this is debatable. You have an offer from an Internationally Recognized Firm where you have all the experience and exposure perhaps in all sectors and you can easily break into any company even Investment banking depending on the department you will work at any time and you want to be enslaved in a sector where you will be earning and not learning perhaps as a Customer Service Officer in the bank. Where your career growth might just get trapped
Please from experience don’t just miss it. It’s not about the money. Don’t just think of money. It’s not about now but the future. You can lose all the money in one day that which you can’t loose is the experience you have acquired which no one can take away from you, please!!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Massive Oil & Gas Vacancies At Neconde Energy / Job Opportunity Available At NGC LTD / Nim Membership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.