Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,115 members, 7,807,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay (11473 Views)

We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi / Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Kelvindwaplord(m): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2013
Well yesterday was a happy day for nigeria sport lovers... But i dont see why we should be too happy because tahiti are no match for us and this is the first fifa competition they're participating in...Yes , we rattled tahiti but if we putup this kind of performance against spain or uruguay , we'ld be knocked out......here are the improvement we need to make

****Our Finishing Was Poor : if we need to win against spain and uruguay , we need to work more on our finishing...... Im dissappointed that we could score only 6 because the number of chances we missed was double the scoreline....if we get those chances against spain , we need to score if we really want to win....

***Oduamah Should be given more playing time.... He wears #20 jersey for nigeria and he really impressed me yesterday......i see him improving in subsiquent days if he's given more playing time....

***We need to work more on our shooting accuracy : nigeria's shooting accuracy is really poor....knowing fully well that we will be well marked by spain we need to work more on our shooting accuracy... That could be an advantage to us knowing fully well that spain hardly shoot on goal ....order than this i think i was a fine game and i think we're improving... Kudos to our defenders ... They're really trying....

5 Likes

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by bounju(m): 8:30am On Jun 18, 2013
We were lacking in area balls and we were not good in airball at all. That shud be checked.
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by dominique(f): 11:33am On Jun 18, 2013
On point op. The keeper should also not be caught napping too many times. We were very lucky not to have conceeded a second goal last night.
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by otokx(m): 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
set pieces, and then the needless fouls, we should aim to score 1st and in the 1st half then just be playing the ball away afterwards.
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by born2fuckpussy: 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
Our midfielder gives a way ball unnecessary to where they were prone to easy counter attack, they should learn to give the ball to the right person and not trying to pass through opponent as they did in Tahiti

1 Like

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Desdola(m): 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
Attacker should be more clinical, Ogude should be careful with tackles, and our left n right back should be careful with overlapping and above all mikel shouldn't be losing ball in d midfield.

1 Like

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by yoged(m): 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
With Anthony Ujah so Useless at the front. I just dont know the player that'll lead us. Akpala is also similar to Ujah but i'll give him a nod probably in the 2nd half. We need to make use of counter attack, while we needs to defend very against uruguay. With the way ogude is tackling, am forseeing card(s) for him, i just dont know the colour yet

1 Like

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Temismith(f): 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
Dey shud beta be serios, too much play dey worry dem.
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by bunku(m): 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
We should learn to play as a team not individually.I Wish them good luck against the remaining opponent.
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
Help me tell musa and Co, its not necessary you dribble a goalkeeper b4 you lash ball in.....this is really gettin' on my innocent nerves!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by ceeceeco: 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2013
Nnamdi Oduamadi was my man of the match yesterday. Brown Ideye needs 2 be punished, he lacks concentration & determination...I just hate unserious players. I'm just scared we shouldn't be disgraced by the spaniards & the uruguayans.

1 Like

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Mayor21(m): 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
Yea. .the attack. .keshi should wrk harder on the nigeria attack.. .we'll win d conf.cup!
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Kingclickmedia: 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
Kelvindwaplord: Well yesterday was a happy day for nigeria sport lovers... But i dont see why we should be too happy because tahiti are no match for us and this is the first fifa competition they're participating in...Yes , we rattled tahiti but if we putup this kind of performance against spain or uruguay , we'ld be knocked out......here are the improvement we need to make

****Our Finishing Was Poor : if we need to win against spain and uruguay , we need to work more on our finishing...... Im dissappointed that we could score only 6 because the number of chances we missed was double the scoreline....if we get those chances against spain , we need to score if we really want to win....

***Oduamah Should be given more playing time.... He wears #20 jersey for nigeria and he really impressed me yesterday......i see him improving in subsiquent days if he's given more playing time....

***We need to work more on our shooting accuracy : nigeria's shooting accuracy is really poor....knowing fully well that we will be well marked by spain we need to work more on our shooting accuracy... That could be an advantage to us knowing fully well that spain hardly shoot on goal ....order than this i think i was a fine game and i think we're improving... Kudos to our defenders ... They're really trying....
You said it all. So wetin again do you wan make dem do? Go back to your continent OP you're not from Africa. You wan spoil my celebration?
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by dridowu: 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2013
We may not win Uruguay but am 100% we will teach Spain lesson of their life by winning them 2 - 0.
*yawnnnnn*
*Stretching my leg and hand*
Just waking up from my dream

2 Likes

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by aminho(m): 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
And also do not insult Ahmed musa because he is from the north remember Moses is also fom the north

1 Like

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by yashau(m): 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
i think ogude should be replace by john ogu in the middle of pack that will balance game.
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Welder(m): 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2013
aminho: And also do not insult Ahmed musa because he is from the north remember Moses is also fom the north

Dude, what are you onto? Has anyone talked about ethnicity here or you just want to start something. . .
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by siddiq202(m): 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
OP forget all this thing, no one will tell them to shoot the ball instead of dribbling the Goal keeper if they play spain or Uruguay

3 Likes

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Osiris211: 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Okijajuju1(m): 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2013
ATTACK: The Strikers need pace.. They need to learn to keep up with Ahmed Musa. He is not a striker but a winger. His runs would create problems for the defence line of Uruguay and Spain, all our strikers need to do is find space and wait for the pass.

WINGERS: Ahmed Musa needs to work on his final balls. His pace is good, sometimes too good for even him. But his finishes are horrible. His final crosses and passes are 9 out of 10 times a waste. This should be fixed.

TEAMWORK: This was the problem in my books against Tahiti. So they run the defence, get in a 2 on 1 situation with the goalie, rather than pass for an open man to score, they go for glory and miss. This must stop. We cant afford to waste any chances against the remaining teams in our group. 1 chance, 1 goal.

2 Likes

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Josephinenick: 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2013
Ahmed Musa shuld comport himself and have courage wen playing, he shuld avoid playing wit tension especially wen he is in d eighteen of our opponent as dis will help him to control his legs and speed, though his speed is commendable but, at d same time he need to control it, so dat he can come out wit gud finishing .Ahmed Musa shuld comport himself and have courage wen playing, he shuld avoid playing wit tension especially wen he is in d eighteen of our opponent as dis will help him to control his legs and speed, though his speed is commendable but, at d same time he need to control it, so dat he can come out wit gud finishing .Ahmed Musa shuld comport himself and have courage wen playing, he shuld avoid playing wit tension especially wen he is in d eighteen of our opponent as dis will help him to control his legs and speed, though his speed is commendable but, at d same time he need to control it, so dat he can come out wit gud finishing .
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by redcliff: 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
aminho: And also do not insult Ahmed musa because he is from the north remember Moses is also fom the north

[size=14pt]Oga which kine smelly yarns be this?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by martinifeanyi(m): 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
wetin diz 1 dey tlk. Weda north, east, west or south pesin wey f**k up don f**k up ahmed musa no try yestaday @ all.

1 Like

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by akinsadeez(m): 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2013
Dem get 5 one-on-one and d eediots dey try dribble keeper especially dat useless brown ideye. Shey na beauty of d goal we dey look for ni, abi make ball just enter net. If dey continue like dis, Spain will teach us a lesson.

1 Like

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2013
do u think its easy playing a tactical game with a non professional team? mind u, keshi didnt have any video clip of these tahiti guys play while their coach watched all our nations cup games, we shall see what spain will also play with tahiti. thats wen u will respect the Nigerian Super eagles. I still remember the way we bashed them after their first match at the nations cup.

#believeinyourteam

1 Like

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Fiawest(m): 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Fiawest(m): 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
Ideye dey play like Adiye.Even him hairstyle resemble a Cock head.

2 Likes

Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Theflint1(m): 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2013
I must say that was a not too good performance fröm the eagles, talking especially from our conversion rate(1 in 3 chances), against the tournament big gawns, am hoping 4 a much beta performance, strikers shud 4get individual glories and work for the team, hopefully am hoping ideye is gíven a starting berth against uruguay to partner musa and oduamandi upfront, with himself and oduamandi switchin btw numba 9 and 11 positions frequently, as 4 ahmed musa, he shud be encouraged, and shud kip doin what he has bin doin, cause i dnt c him improvin within dis tournament...As 4 our midfield, mikel shud be reminded that he is d leader in that part of the field and mistakes 4rm him cud be spell doom 4 d team, am hopin ogu is given a start ahead of mba, and hopefully mba is introduced into the team gradually, mayb the pressure is overwhealming him a bit, thank God onazi wud be fit 4 d nxt game, so he can replace our kick boxing potential ogude(God knws i was the hapyest man when he injured durin d nations cup)... As 4 our defence, they shud be cautious with their forrays up frnt, and ogbuabuna shud be assisted a lot with pacy strikers

...i believe with d current crop of playas, d sky is d limit...WHO KNWS, WE MIGHT JST BE CHAMPIONS COME 2014
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by ninja4life(m): 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
dridowu: We may not win Uruguay but am 100% we will teach Spain lesson of their life by winning them 2 - 0.
*yawnnnnn*
*Stretching my leg and hand*
Just waking up from my dream
yeah better wake up from ya dream cos it will do u a lot of good,SE beat spain for ya dream abeg make somebody pass water to wake him up.lol
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by Rossikk(m): 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
siddiq202: OP forget all this thing, no one will tell them to shoot the ball instead of dribbling the Goal keeper if they play spain or Uruguay
First sensible comment of the thread.
Re: Improvements Nigeria Needs Against Spain And Uruguay by TVTKOKO(m): 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
like this post if u think this mai shanu is crazy!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal FC Partner MTN Nigeria / Scott Parker Has Been Sacked As Bournemouth Coach / Arsenal's First Eleven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.